Buttermilk Information Guide (v.2 Update)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Buttermilk Information Guide (v.2 Update)

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:59 am

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- WELCOME TO THE INFORMATIONAL GUIDE! -

Welcome to the official Informational Guide to Buttermilks! This is where you can learn all kinds of cool things about the species, such as the different mutations they can have, how to adopt, and more! If you see something that isn't covered here but you think it should be, absolutely feel free to message me or vanilla bean on our Discord server or directly through CS and we will get that added for you! I hope that this guide is helpful and informative to you, and thank you for stopping by.
Last edited by sprig on Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What is a Buttermilk? (History & Lore)

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:09 am

What is a Buttermilk?

Well, for starters, Buttermilks are a bovine species originating in the northern parts of Europe, specifically Denmark, Norway and Sweden. They have been imported from those countries for a few years now, but until recently those imports were few and far between. Now, the import business is booming! New cows come in daily, from fancy marked heifers to manly looking studs, whatever you desire you can practically have it at your finger tips. If bovine species are up your alley, you will certainly feel right at home here.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:49 am

Adoption

How to Adopt
    Buttermilks are easy and fun to adopt, and there is no limit on how many moos you can own! If you're interested in adopting a Buttermilk but aren't sure how to go about doing so, this is the right place to be. Keep reading below to find out how to adopt!

This is what the main adoption page looks like. When a Buttermilk is up for adoption, it won't have a collar. (Unless it's a "design my collar" competition!) Sometimes, artists end an adopt and forget or don't quite have time to add a collar, so check the front page and the last posts before applying to make sure someone hasn't already won. If a competition has an end date and that day has already passed, please do not apply, or your form will have to be voided!

There are many different types of competitions for adopts, and they will vary with every cow. Here are just a few examples!
      Naming contest - The artist will pick the name that suits the moo the best. Be sure to keep within any boundaries set by the artist!
      Personality contest - You write out a personality that you think fits, and the artist will pick their favorite. Sometimes, there will be small restrictions such as using a certain word, or keeping within a specific theme.
      Design my collar contest - The artist will either ask contestants to choose a color palette or an inspiration image and will pick their favorite.
      Image or Gif contest - The artist will give guidelines and you will pick an image or a gif that fits into those guidelines.
      Eye color contest - The artist will allow the contestants to pick the eye color of the moo, with either a palette or inspiration image.
      FCFS or "First Come First Serve" - The adopt will be awarded to the user who posts a correctly filled out form first. Editing your form before the artist announces the winner will result in your being disqualified, and the adopt will go to the next correct form!

Filling Out an Adoption Form
    Every adopt will have a basic form, with extra things like a personality section or image section added depending on the competition type. The basic "skeleton form" will look something like this, and will always have these things.

Username:
      Name:

Username - Your username goes here!
    Name - Whatever name you choose for the moo. Make sure to follow any naming guidelines the artist might have set!
    Gender - The biological gender of every moo is always pre-set and cannot be changed.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Readoption

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:01 am

Readoption

There are a few different ways that a Buttermilk can be readopted from it's original owner. Here are all the ways you can readopt one of your cows if you so wish!

Gifting - This is a great way to readopt your Buttermilk, and often times its how new people get their first! If you choose to gift your moo to another user, both you and the new owner must post on the original adoption page confirming the gift. Once that's done, the *new* owner must PM the archivist with a link to the buttermilk and it's ID #, so that it can be changed in the archive!

Trading - You can also swap Buttermilks with another cowmunity member. This is done almost exactly like gifting. You post on your own cow's adoption page stating they are being given to the new user. The other user will do the same, and you both must post simply saying "confirming" on your new moos before PMing the archivist with a link to your new buttermilk and it's ID #, so that it can be changed in the archive.

User-held Readoptions - If you want to hold a competition to see who might be the most fitting owner for your Buttermilk, you can absolutely do so! You can do personality contests, naming contests, or even just a plain raffle. However, you cannot make any sort of profit off of this. You can't hold a raffle, for example, where members must purchase a ticket via breeding slots or other currencies. You can only do free raffles! Once you pick the winner to your competition, you will follow the steps in the "gifting" section, in order for the transaction to be finalized.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 am

Breeding

Breeding your Buttermilks is a fun way to get new moos. Wether you just own a bull or just own a heifer, there are a few ways to get a little baby added to your farm. The first thing you need to know, is that heifers have 4 slots in their lifetime. Bulls have an indefinite amount of slots. A regular breeding is between a bull and a heifer. In order to breed two cows of the same gender, you must use the help of an item! Obtained through raffles and events, watermelon seeds (used for bull x bull breedings) and honeydew seeds (used for heifer x heifer breedings) are the only way to breed your same sex cows. However, you don't have to worry! These items are not terribly hard to come by, and are given away frequently in our community Discord!

How to Breed Your Cows
    There are a few steps to breeding your cows that you must follow.
    Whenever artists open up for new slots, they will post on the fanclub, Discord, or sometimes even give slots away during a stream! Every artist uses the same form that is listed on the front page, that must be filled out completely and correctly before it can be accepted. You can only submit a form if the artist is open for breedings, otherwise your form will have to be voided.
    Here is an example form:
      Username(s): sprig
      Artist: parylax

Heifer: Kitty
      Barn: Here
      Permission: I own her <3
      Last time bred: Never been bred!

Bull: King
      Barn: Here
      Permission: He's mine

Collar Color: Matching the eyes
      Items Used: None

And here is a quick explanation on each section of the form, as it can get confusing sometimes!
    Username - Your username goes here!
    Artist - The username of the artist offering the breeding will go here. Make sure the artist is open and still accepting slots!
    Heifer/Bull - In the section that just says "heifer" or "bull", you will need to have a link to the cow's original adoption page. This is for verification purposes, so that artists can make sure the heifer or bull belongs to whomever is written in the form.
    Barn - In this section you must link to their barn page. Wether the cow belongs to you or another user, the barn page must be linked to show that a slot has been allocated for you or whoever might be using the slot.
    Last time bred - Because heifers have a 2 week cool-down, you will need to link to the last time a breeding with her was submitted and accepted, not when the calf was made. Bulls have no cool-down because of their indefinite slots, so their last breeding does not need to be linked.
    Permission - In order to breed to a bull or heifer that does not belong to you, you must get permission from the owner. You must screenshot the proof of permission and post an image or link to an image of it in your form. If your permission was from a user who is no longer active (especially from v.1) the slot is still valid! A screenshot is preferred with the username and a date included, but if you're unable to get that it's perfectly alright to message sprig or vanilla bean about it. A permission using CS quotation coding is not valid, due to how easy it is to forge! You must provide a screenshot.
    Collar Color - You may pick a solid color for your calf's collar, or a simple design. If you are readopting the calf upon it's arrival, leave this part blank.
    Items - If you have a breeding item in your bank account, this is where you will list what you are using. For example, if you're breeding two heifers, you must have a honeydew seed to do so! The item must be in your account before it can be used. If you purchase an item during an event you cannot use it until it is in your account.

Once you have submitted a form to an open artist, if your form is accepted, you must wait until your calf is posted. If 60 days after your form was accepted your calf has not yet been made, the breeding is voided and your slots will be returned to you. When the calf is posted, please post on their page as soon as possible with a name, and get them added to your barn! There is a 2 week cool-down period, before your calf will be grown. Once the 2 weeks has passed, your calf is officially breedable and it will be grown onto the adult lineart as soon as the artist has the time!

General Bullet-points
    - Heifers have a two week cool-down period before they can be bred again.
    - Bulls do not have a cool down.
    - If you harass, spam, or otherwise bully other members for slots to their cow you will receive an official warning!
    - Breeding slots (both to heifers and bulls) can be swapped for other breeding slots, given away, or traded for art but never sold.
    - You cannot ask other owners that a calf be given to you, unless it is being offered.
    - Calves have a 1/11 chance to be a bull, otherwise all calves will be heifers!
    - Twins are only achievable through an item.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Making a Barn

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Making a Barn

Making a barn is super important, especially if you ever plan to breed your Buttermilks! This is a handy guide on how to make a barn that ensures your abilities to breed your Butters. If you need help or have other questions, feel free to message me or vanilla bean on our Discord server or directly on CS.

Where to Start
    When you get your first buttermilk, you get to make your very own, personalized barn! The fun part about this, is it can be made to your tastes and desires - so long as you have the basic information the staff needs to see! If you already have a place where you like to keep all of your characters you are more than welcome to use that, or some people even make whole websites dedicated to sorting out their characters! All you need to do is make sure that all of the required information is there, so there are no issues later on. At the bottom of this post you will find a skeletal form that you are free to use, whether you choose to add coding or not. It has all of the basic info and is easy to copy and paste wherever you need it to be!

What's in a name?
    The very first step of creating a barn, is picking out a name that is unique to you. Before you decide on one for sure though, take a look through the barn directory, so that you don't accidentally have the same name as someone else! If you need help generating a name, I would highly suggest going to the cowmunity and asking for help. There are some creative minds out there!

The very first post (optional)
    If you've chosen to make a new thread dedicated to your buttermilks, that's great! I find that that's the best way to go. On the first page of your new barn, I would highly suggest that you keep your important information there. For example, I keep an empty copy of the coding I use for every new buttermilk, so that I can just copy and paste when I get a new member of my barn! This is not a required step, and can easily be skipped if it fits your needs better!

Important Information
    This is the important stuff, the information you have to have on every buttermilk's page. These are all required (and are included in the skeleton form) and they are slightly explained below.

Name (The name you chose when you got your moo!)
      Gender (Heifer or Bull, whichever is listed on the adoption page.)
      Adoption Page (Link to the actual adoption/creation page, even if it was a breeding!)
      Mother (Only if it was a breeding)
      Father (Only if it was a breeding)
      Slots (4 for heifers, and a list of slots given out for bulls)(An actual list must be shown, to make sure each slot is listed accurately.)

Last but not least
    So you've finished creating your barn. Now what? Well, now you need to utilize the Barn Archive! By having your barn put into the archive, it helps other users be able to locate your barn if they have a breeding slot from one of your cows, or just want to take a look around. To get your barn put into the archive, all you have to do is copy the form located on the thread, and send it to the archivist!
    Barn Archive
    Archivist: BadgerBuddies
    If any changes occur after your barn is archived (i.e; username change, barn name change, change of thread or location) you will simply need to resend the form and let the archivist know what changes have taken place so that everything can remain neat and tidy!

Skeleton Template
    This template includes all of the basic information that is required in a barn. You are more than welcome to add on whatever you see fit, from pronouns to personality, to history and everything in between!
    *The mother and father section is only required in the case of a cow being from a breeding.
    *If your cow is a bull, please use the same coding and simply extend to the amount of slots you need to list!
    *You are not required to show an image of the cow, but it is usually found helpful to artists and other users.
    Code: Select all
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Adoption Page:[/b] [url=link]Here[/url]
    [b]Mother:[/b] [url=link]Here[/url]
    [b]Father:[/b] [url=link]Here[/url]
    [b]Slots:[/b]
    [url=link]Username[/url] with [url=link]Cow name[/url] - [url=link]Calf[/url]
Last edited by sprig on Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Item Inventory

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Item Inventory

What used to be called the Farmer's Market has now been turned into the Item Inventory! This is simply a place where all available items are displayed, so that you can familiarize yourself with their icons, as well as read the descriptions on what they do. Some of these items are rarer than others, or only available during holidays, but whatever the case the inventory is a great place to start when wanting to know whats what about Buttermilk items.

Items are in place to help boost community involvement in events, as well as being used for prizes for various species related competitions! You can take a look at the inventory thread linked below, as well as take a look at the bank where all purchased items are stored.

Item Inventory
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mutations

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Mutations

There are lots of different types of "mutations"/edits that a Buttermilk can have. These range from very-common to legendary, and each stage will be color coded here so it's easy to navigate. As new mutations come along, they will be added to this rarity list. If you have any questions, please feel welcome to let me or vanilla bean know via Discord or here on CS.

No Rarity
    Passing rate: Cannot pass
      Any items such as flowers, jewelry, piercings, etc.
      Collars different from the generic. (all collars must have a bell)
      Changes in weight (skinny, extra chubby, etc.)
      Shaped pupils (stars, hearts, etc.)

Very-Common
    Passing rate: 100% chance
      The standard heifer/bull lines, with no edits to the lineart whatsoever.

Common
    Passing rate: 1/2
      Small changes in facial expression (mouth, small changes to eye)
      Small changes in hair (minor edits to hair)

Uncommon
    Passing rate: 1/4
      Heterochromatic eyes
      Slit pupils
      Colored sclera (black, yellow, gray, etc.)
      Longer horns/shorter horns
      Bigger hair edits
      Edits to switch (end of tail fur)
      Edits to ears

Rare
    Passing rate: 1/7
      Horn Edit
        Absence of horns
        More than 1 set of horns
        Unicorn
      Missing limbs, no tail, etc.
      Mutated hair growth (any longer hair located on any part of the body excluding legs)
      Blind in one or both eyes (When blindness is present, the effected eye will have a visible milky color to represent the mutation)
      Albinism or Melanism
      Cloven Hooves
      Roman Nose
      *New - Feathering (longer hair present only on feet or legs)

Legendary
    Passing rate: 1/10
      Brahman (Back hump, loose skin, lengthened ears)
      FCS (Forever Calf Syndrome)(Not passable)

Holiday Exclusive
    Passing rate: Varies
      Halloween
        Graveyard (Skeleton facial markings)
        Vampiric (Fangs)
        Batty (Small fangs, pointy ears)
        Black Cat (Small fangs, whiskers)

How these traits pass in a breeding
    Using a random number generator, artists will insert the number displayed next to the rarity of the trait they wish to roll for. If a 1 (one) is rolled, the trait will pass. If two parents hold the same trait in the same rarity category, both 1 (one) and 2 (two) will pass the trait. If a rate increaser item is used, the next number higher will pass.

Common - 2 (if both parents carry the same common trait, auto pass)
    Uncommon - 4
    Rare - 7
    Legendary - 10
Last edited by sprig on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Companion Animals

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Companion Animals
NEEDS WORK
    After you've achieved your first Buttermilk, it opens up the world of Companions!
    Companions are small animals that can be adopted and added to your barn to do different 'tasks' around your barn, and to keep your Buttermilks company. While we do have official companions, you are not by any means required to use them and you are not limited to only having these as your barn companions. We just wanted a fun way to adopt some buddies made specially for the cowmunity!

Official Companion Animals

These official companions can only be won through raffles, or through a special item that can be bought during events. Once an item is bought, you will be added to a list and your animal will be rolled for using the marble generator! Here is how the rolling is done:

Starting with 1 marble of each color, you roll once. The color of the marble determines the next step.
    Red - Very Common Companion
    Green - Common Companion
    Blue - Roll again
    Second roll
    Red - Uncommon
    Green - Rare

Once the rarity is determined, the artist will be choose which species to use for you companion. (You can take a look at all of the species as well as their rarities here!) Companions work similarly to Orphan Calves, and the design will be a complete surprise!

Barn Page
    Just like with regular adopts, your official companions are required to have a barn page. (Unofficial companions are not held to this requirement) Below is the basic information needed to qualify your companion's barn page. (Here is an example)
    Name
    Link to Adoption Page

General Notes
    - You can own up to 8 of the Official Companions.
    - You must own at least 1 Buttermilk in order to adopt a companion.
    - Once you adopt a companion, you must choose from the official list of tasks which one they will have!
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Giftline Inventory

Postby sprig » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:04 am

Giftline Inventory

HEADSHOT

BUST
      [url=here]username[/url] / [url=here]HERE[/url]

FULL-BODY

OTHER
      bluex / HERE (mother + calf full-body)
Last edited by sprig on Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me