☽ the moon | VOK #200

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

☽ the moon | VOK #200

Postby nymx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:15 pm

┌────────────────────────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────────────────────────┐

you should see me in a crown - billie eilish
0:38 ─|──────── 3:06

Username: sky--lines
    Lion name: astoria
    Lion gender: female
    Pride: kingdom of highsun
    Pride Status: high priestess

└───────────────────────────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────────────────────────┘

Last edited by nymx on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌕 the moon sees - power

Postby nymx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Astoria looked to the floor as her parent's lectured on. Duty, honor. The same things they had taught her growing up, and the same things she hated with all of her being. She did her duty as honorable as she could, what was her duty again? Serving the pride, she'd be shipped off to someone she barely knew and expected to wed him and give children. She would never see her home again, perhaps her family, but she doubted it. Margaery got to stay here though, safe and happy and married to someone she loved. But she would receive power, greater power than she would ever have... "Astoria," a voice full of annoyance and disappointment rang out. "Astoria, are you even listening?" Her mother shook her head with a sigh, Margaery looked at her with a raised brow. "I'm sorry," her voice was instinctively submissive and apologetic. "I was thinking about my husband-to-be." she added quickly. Margaery scoffed loudly, earning a scolding look from her mother. "That's very unladylike Margaery!" she scolded before turning to Astoria again. "That's wonderful Astoria, Margaery had me thinking you were going to run away before the whole ordeal!" she rambled on with a happy smile. She felt an ache in her chest. She thanked the gods her mother didn't pay much attention to her children, or else she would've bought her act just as her sister had. As her mother turned around, she shot Margaery a glare who met her gaze evenly.

Their father watched from his throne with a sour expression, an advisor whispering in his ear. His expression quickly turned sweet as his wife looked his way. "Isn't this wonderful, love? Our kingdom is prospering and look at our darling daughters!" Her voice was full of naive love, her king father began to respond before a scout burst into the room. "My lord, my lady!" his voice was full of urgency. Margaery and Astoria perked from their spot in the throne room, "Our allies, Elohim-" he began, inhaling sharply. "He has abandoned his pride- they're gone. He has killed them." The king suddenly looked more awake, Apollyon, one of their closest allies and her husband-to-be. He was the deity of the sun god, Adonai. When they had met with him for the first time, the priest had proclaimed her a message from Skadi. They had formed an alliance based on their marriage, and she had grown to hate the golden male. He was arrogant and reckless, but her father insisted. But, she could not deny he was powerful, and the political game he was playing at; he was winning. Margaery had taken a fascination to him, but alas she was refused the opportunity, they had asked for her hand. You should be honored, she heard her sister's voice ring in her head. Margaery was smart, she knew what she had to do to keep the throne, but at the same time, she was still idiotically naive. "Where is he now?" her father snapped, visibly panicked. Was he coming for them next? If he had killed his pride, no one was safe.

"I do not know, the prides closest to him report he wanted them to know it was him. He did it because they were unfaithful. They are calling him the tainted sun god." The scout told him, glancing behind him warily. "Double the patrols," he ordered, "If you find him on our lands, turn him away." The king sighed wearily, "Dismissed!" The king's gaze hardened as he looked to his wife and daughters worriedly, "No one is to go out of the camp. At all." And with that he was off, the queen trailing after him with a concerned look. Astoria frowned, turning to Margaery sharply. "Should I be honored now?" she snapped as she moved to go through the exit. Her sister was silent as she watched her go. Astoria was relieved, slightly. Now she got to stay home, but she also would not receive the power that she had craved so bad, that Apollyon had. She would be shipped off, still, this time to a lesser king. How wonderful. What were the god's plan? Did Adonai resent her? Perhaps Skadi had frowned on the priest comparing her to a mortal and cursed them all. Forgive me for whatever I've done, please. She looked to the sky, praying to the heavens.

As the sun began to dim, she felt a sudden pull. It wasn't pulling her, it was like it was grabbing at her soul and heart, it wasn't forceful or aggressive, it was... pleading? Had the gods forgiven her? Were they trying to tell her something? Astoria wasted no time as she let this force guide her, it didn't seem of ill intent but then again when had she understood the gods' intents? She could feel the force's feelings, it was odd. As if she had somehow become telepathic overnight, she could suddenly understand it's purpose. It was guiding her urgently, as if time was running out. It had brought her to the edge of their territory and slightly father when she gaped at the sight. She had realized where this force was bringing her. A ways in front of her, a familiar golden pelt sat, looking to the setting sun. "Apollyon." her voice was gentle, but enough for the Elohim to hear. He perked, seemingly alarmed, but he relaxed upon the sight of the female. "Lady Astoria," he called, frowning slightly. "You're a long way from your home." Astoria felt sudden confidence as she strode forward, but she could feel the force still with her, guiding her. She had found what they were leading her to, why was it still here? She shook the thoughts away as she sat down beside him.

"I am," she replied simply, looking forward into the golden blazing sun as it moved down towards the horizon slowly. "Your pride. You've killed them." Astoria commented, though it came off as a question. Apollyon raised a brow, "Yes, and you don't seem afraid." The golden lion responded, "No, I'm not." Astoria met his gaze, "What do you plan to do now? A king without a pride is no king at all, calling yourself one doesn't make you one." Apollyon's scoff turned into a laugh. "Bold as well, have you no sense?" The leopard stood up, beckoning Apollyon with her. She felt the force within her laugh, "If you wanted me dead, I would've been dead already." she stated, "I'm a god, If I want you dead you will be." The force within her laughed, and suddenly she understood. "Your no god," she said firmly, finally turning to look at him. What did he have to lose now? Nothing, perhaps his ego. "Clever, clever girl." Apollyon tsked walking to stand beside her. "You haven't answered my question," she began. "What do you plan to do now?"

Astoria's gaze burned into his eyes, and he shook his head, beginning to walk with Astoria in tow. "I plan to travel long and far, make a new name for myself there. Start over." he told her, and she scoffed. "With the same act?" she responded, amusement evident in her tone. "And have it end up the same way the first one did?" An idea sparked in her mind, perhaps it was far-fetched, but if it succeeded... "You had no one on your side, they will believe whatever the priests say..." her voice trailed off suggestively. "As you can recall, I know a lot about the gods. They have sent a message to me about a golden lion, a righteous king, who leads his pride under the golden sun and will bring a golden era to all who follow him." she turned to look at him, and Apollyon understood amusement and interest gleaming in his eyes. "Should I make it sound more poetic?"

"Oh, little dove. You are a diamond in the rough, you pride truly does not know what they are losing." Apollyon responded, beckoning the leopard with him. At his voice she laughed softly, her tail resting on his shoulders. "Oh, trust me. They will."
Last edited by nymx on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 am, edited 12 times in total.
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌖 the moon hears - reputation

Postby nymx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Astoria sat beside Apollyon with a pleased look. They had done it, they had built the beginnings of a new kingdom that would last years. Apollyon had wanted to jump right into how things used to be, she had to stifle a laugh at the thought. They could not act recklessly now. They needed to make friends, they needed to be a perfect pride until they were strong and united enough to do otherwise. "Are you pleased, Elohim?" Her voice broke the silence as she looking toward the rising sun. The dawn of a new reign. He turned to meet her gaze, a hint of a smirk on his face. "More than you know, High Priestess."

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Astoria had settled into her role rather well, thanks to Apollyon's help. He had taught her about the priests of his former pride and how they would act and speak. Everything about them, to their mannerisms and little quirks. She found him to be even more observant that she was, or at least she thought. He was more intelligent than he had let on. The pride had accepted her immediately, like the former priest she had met years ago, she resembled the moon, Skadi. This time, instead of cringing or flinching she had met them with cool eyes, telling them she had a message from the gods. They were foolish, willing to believe anything, any message that their precious gods had sent. So she had told them, a stranger with a golden pelt would lead them through prosperity. She told them that she had brought this golden king to them, and they had worshipped the ground they walked on. The former king was exiled, believed to be a fake. She had laughed, how little they knew.

She cares little for the pride, only the power they bring her. For they all are pieces in a chess game Apollyon and Astoria just happen to be winning.
Last edited by nymx on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 am, edited 13 times in total.
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌗the moon tastes - deception

Postby nymx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Pretending and acting were not new to Astoria, in fact she had been acting her whole life. Trying to fulfill a role she never wanted, trying to please her parents. It turns out all that practice made perfect, how she managed to deceive all these lions was beyond her, but it made her feel in control- something she had always longed for. Apollyon played a major part in her adjustment, he taught her about the many gods, how he ran his former pride. She could recall the few times her family had visited Apollyon, or him visit them. He had seemed so charming, persuasive, and arrogant. The way he used his words, the way he commanded power. No wonder her father was so quick to forge an alliance, to offer his daughter for grabs. The more times he'd visit the more she saw how much power she would soon have- but she would be wed to this arrogant fool. Now she had power, and Apollyon saw her as a fellow player, not just a pawn. Acting now, was tricky, especially when she didn't remember something. She would play it off as the 'i'm testing you', a childish move. She forced herself to throw it in even in the simplest of things. It helped when she would be by herself. She made to bounce ideas off of Apollyon, after all it wasn't uncommon for the High Priest and the High King to spend most of their time together. The gods were a first priority. Apollyon gave the announcement a few days later, that the High Priest was not to be bothered unless it was of upmost importance. That didn't stop Astoria from prodding and intervening when needed, in fact she was more active within the pride than the Elohim himself. The pride worshipped them both, Apollyon being the voice for the pride and a commanding authority, while Astoria was the voice of the gods. She was committing a great sin, but she was in control at last.
Last edited by nymx on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌘the moon feels - control

Postby nymx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Astoria does not try to believe she's a good soul, she believes she has a few good traits, but her deception has brought her down. Her desire to be in control has overwhelmed her since meeting Apollyon and she is desperate to keep that feeling. She is exceedingly good at acting and deceiving others, something she has relied on for almost her whole life. She is confident and stubborn, never afraid to share her opinion. She was held back before and she won't be held back again. Allying herself with Apollyon has proven to be a dramatic change in her life and it has affected many aspects of her personality. No longer is she a obedient quiet princess, she now has a pride bowing to her. Her ambitions seem to rule her mind currently, she is focused at the task at hand and forming the once great empire Apollyon had, with her ruling at his side. Truly, she is friendly toward all and has a great sense of humor. Slightly manipulative, but not intentional. She makes friends easily, and seems very trustworthy. Like Apollyon, she is observant, taking in things and processing them quickly. Often, she is his eyes and ears when he is away or busy. While she is driven by ambition, she also is driven by her fear. She fears loosing control and sudden change. Astoria had no control when she was back home, her parents decided her future and she was terrified. Now, she will do whatever it takes to make things stay the way they are. She will help build Apollyon's empire- their empire, no matter the cost.

alignment: chaotic neutral / evil - pretend lawful neutral
    motivation: control/power
    drive: fear

Last edited by nymx on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌑the moon smells - hate

Postby nymx » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Astoria was born to King Stephen and Queen Cersei, younger sister to Margaery. The kingdom celebrated the birth of another princess, yet the family longed for a son, a proper heir to the throne. Alas, they did not receive one in years of trying. Margaery and Astoria were raised with high expectations, ones that Margaery exceeded and Astoria tried to pretend she did. Talk less and smile more. She learned to bite her tongue early on, as voicing her thoughts did no good. Soon enough, the pride met Apollyon. Stephen and Cersei were enamored by the pride and the young King, hearing rumors of how he was a deity of the sun god and his empire was more powerful than ever seen before. They offered their daughters hand in marriage- an alliance. Apollyon accepted, and the two prides began to meet more often and bond. While the rest of her family was fooled by the king, she was not. She saw him as arrogant, so what if he was a god? He was an annoying one at that. Everything was going smoothly for the pride, until news of Apollyon’s betrayal came. The tainted god. So she sought him out curiously, feeling something drawing her to him. The two spoke and then ran away, forming their own pride.

Last bumped by nymx on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:47 pm.
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me