VOK Event - Halloween Prompts - CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: VOK Event - Halloween Prompts - Open

Postby leafless willow » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Username: Rameiku
Link to pride: kuebiko
Prompt Number:
E04 - E05 - E06
Completed Prompt:
E04
[168/150]
Tak'iori, my leader of Kuebiko, would wear a fluffy cloud costume for Halloween. Not to be scary, nor to be cute, rather, he adores how Kuebiko is constantly shrouded in cloud. He believes that by dressing as cloud, it would be the most unexpected way to camouflage and give his pride a few laughs. He'd get cotton and wool from wandering sheep, lost in the cloud, believing they'd fit in. Tak'iori wouldn't kill them; he'd barter for some wool, trading knowledge of grass to them.
...Secretly, he would enjoy wearing the soft cotton, even if it made him bulkier than he already is. It warmed him, and gave him the blessing of the warm smiles of his pride-mates. Tak'iori loves warmth because he'd grown up in the icy area of Kuebiko's land. Cotton, and other warm fabrics were a blessing, especially in the ruins they lived in now. Although cloud gives great cover, the constant perspiration in the air could freeze even the fluffiest lion to the bone.

E05
[170/150]
Kuebiko lions believe in spirits, and other lingering forms of the living! Because they live in constant cloud, they rarely will see the sky above, and thus, believe that even if something passes, it's soul is trapped below, or in, the very cloud they'd always lived within. Some lions even believe that the clouds are the personification of the souls who'd once traveled the lands they live on. That, could make the wisp of cloud either a friendly touch... or a horrific realization, and regret.
Those that believe cloud to be a spirit will try and appease it by licking. They believe a lick is a sign of great forgiveness, and care. If the taste of cloud is cold, they believe their apology wasn't accepted, and will continue to lick until the taste is of warmth.
Others, more sensible than the former, attempt to appease the cloud by offering food, or gifts of cotton, to give them happiness for their travels around. Nobody wants to travel around wet, and cold.

E06
[176/150]
As the founder, and only member of Kuebiko currently, Tak'iori would immediately be concerned as to where these suspicious items came from. He'd never seen any other being around these ruins; maybe he'd been given this gift by the spirits of cloud? Though, deep inside, he knew cloud couldn't transport such a basket, he had no other theories as to where it could have come.
Well, he'd never been one to miss an opportunity. These candies were shiny, and even reflected the limited light that could get through the cloud. Taking the basket by it's handle, he trots around his claimed land, spreading the candies around to make a beautiful, rainbow pathway of sorts.
On his way back to his ruins, he discovers a fatal flaw. The urge to smack these shiny things around was nearly irresistible! How could he find his way back if he knocked all of them out of their perfect placement? Ah, but at least it looked nice while it lasted. They smelled weird; definitely not your average snack...were they a snack?
leafless willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Username: dewly_noted
    Link to pride: The ambivalent
    Prompt Number: E04
    Completed Prompt:
    Moth hasn't gotten dressed up for Halloween in some time, no extent of fashion can persuade her and regardless of the fancy flowers and shells you bring her she is content to be as she is during the festivities. At a much younger age, back when she was still a newly, she used to get dressed up as her maternal figure, Karllè.
    She didn't have much of an outfit as much as she trotted around camp acting like Karllè, copying everything she did and when asked why answered back that she was dressed up as her favourite person. It did a number on Karllè's feelings. She didn't want to be unique, scary or cute, she wanted to be like her hero, someone she aspired to be like, someone she trusted wholly and believed in. She wanted to be like that and after hearing that Halloween was about dressing up as something cool, well she knew exactly what to do. [159]

Prompt Number: E05
    Completed Prompt:
    The ambivalent are a mixed bag when it comes to belief in spirits, although a vast majority of them believe in ghosts and ghouls. Those who believe in spirits perform cleansing rituals to keep those who are uninvited or evil away from camp, banishing rituals to clean their home after a busy day and invoking rituals to invite positive spirits into the home.
    Ghosts and spirits are seen as beneficial but dangerous. Who knows what sort of knowledge the long dead or ancient beings of the world may hold and the gifts they can bring. Offerings of plants, herbs and bones are given to the spirits by those who believe, offerings to appease or sway those they work with on a regular basis. There isn't much fear held in the heart of the pride in regards to ghosts and ghouls, no more than the pride fears those who live on the physical plane. [153]

Prompt Number: E06
    Completed Prompt:
    The first worry is that the bucket is filled with some sort of poison, one of the more expeditious members of the pride gives the sweet smelling rocks a test lick and when the healers senses nothing wrong with the lion and the candy found to be delicious Karllè rations out the sweet candies amongst the pride, each having their own bundle of treats to eat or save for later. A good portion of the pride consumed their candy overnight enjoying the addictive taste while another portion of the the pride decided to ration out their candy further, taking a bite every now and then to savour the delicacy that was unlikely to show up again. It shouldn't come as a surprise that some of the more chaotic members of the pride who had eaten all their candy on the first night would later go on to steal candy from those who rationed it out, causing quite a few fights. In the end the candy was deemed more detrimental to pride relations than it was delicious and Karllè decided that should any more candy appear, it would be strictly forbidden. [190]
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:15 am

Username: Frisco
Link to pride: The Dreamcatchers

Prompt Number: E04 [ 196 words ]
Completed Prompt:
"Why."
Sen's voice was defeated. He could have as well been saying: 'what have I done to deserve this?'. Revas looked at him with a wide grin and squeezed his big, red, foamy nose. It honked.
"I've got the award for the best costume int he bag! If there will be an award, that is."
He was wearing a full body white onesie scattered with large, colourful dots. It was completed with a bushy, red afro wig, white and red face paint and a fake flower by the collar.
"Come on, you need to dress up too."
He took out another fake nose and tried to put it on his captain, but he swiftly evaded.
"Thanks, but no thanks. You're not gonna turn me into a clown."
Revas shrugged.
"It doesn't matter who you want to dress up as. A clown nose goes well with everything! I plan to give one to everyone at the party!"
Sen tilted his head to the side.
"How many of those have you got?"
"A lot."
The lion smiled mischievously.
"I bet you can't put one on the boss."
"I bet I can! If I ever have a death wish."

Prompt Number: E05 [ 161 words ]
Completed Prompt:
None of the current members of the Dreamcatchers are especially spiritual. Many of the lions accept that spirits simply exist, after all, dreams are a form of spirit as well. Therefore, they aren't specifically scared of the incorporeal and unknown. However, there are some that find the thought completely terrifying. People are scared that ghosts might be real, but when you know they're definitely real, it's that much more terrifying. While Revas himself is not afraid of spectres, he loves to scare his new subordinates with spooky stories about haunted lands. Sen on the other hand, wouldn't mind sharing his territory with ghosts. To him, they seem like pleasant neighbours that would not commit crimes and add to his workload. He always says that you should be scared of the living, not the dead.
Neither Sen nor Revas are particularly religious. They prefer to believe in their own power and abilities, rather than leave their fates to be dictated by deities.

Prompt Number: E06 [ 197 words ]
Completed Prompt:
As the pride came back from a hunt, they spotted a pumpkin-shaped bucket filled with Halloween treats, placed right in front of the entrance to their home.
Rev immediately sprouted a wide grin and reached for it, but was stopped by Sen.
"Wait. It might be a trap."
"Nonsense. It's a gift!"
"Why would anyone randomly just give us sweets?"
"Because it's Halloween! They want to show they appreciate our hard work."
Rev took another step towards the candy and was stopped again. A pinch of annoyance crossed his face.
"You have a point, but we still need to be careful. You know that there are many that would rather see us gone. Also, what if someone lost it? A cub might've gotten spooked and left it behind. We can't just eat it, we need to investigate it first."
They both stared at the bucket, examining it. Sen suspiciously, Revas with a longing, saddened expression.
"It might be poisoned. Take it to be examined. We can decide what to do with it then."
The younger lion sighed with disappointment, but obediently took the container.
"I already decided what I'm gonna do with you."
He licked his lips.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:47 am

Username: cyberdragon725
Link to pride: The Garden of Eden
Completed Prompt:

Eden absolutely adores the fall festival, and most of all, she loves to see the lions of her pride create costumes. One of the biggest events of Gardenia occurs when lions from all regions meet in the region of the Dogwoods, celebrating their harvests. A popular event comes with the costumes that lions create, normally representing a creature that can be found within their region. Eden finds great pride in her region, and as queen, she often feels that her costume must be a strong representation of what she believes in. This year, she's planning to dress as a Keaton, a three-tailed golden fox who brings growth and life to every step upon the earth. The keatons footsteps are marked with a trail of flowers and they are well known to be one of the rarest species found in the evergreen. Eden hopes that just as a Keaton brings wisdom and life to their land, she can bring light and hope to the people of her pride and bring together every region despite their many differences.

Username: cyberdragon725
Link to pride: The Garden of Eden
Prompt Number:E05
Completed Prompt:

Ghosts and spirits are not uncommon for the lions of Gardenia. All over their land, spirits rule from the celestial wolves of the evergreens to the nature spirits of the overgrowth. Ghosts are quite common as well, though primarily found in the washout and gorge. Some spirits and ghosts can be formed from ordinary creatures, spirits being those beasts with a well-intentioned cause or trait that they continue to show and represent. Ghosts are those beasts that have a cause or purpose that remains uncompleted. Most spirits are harmless, though some can be mischevious or playful however ghosts are extremely unpredictable. Many lions accept the ghosts as a fact of life, however, others make it their purpose to try and settle the ghosts, allowing them to move on to the afterlife. As for the spirits, it isn't uncommon if a more mischevious spirit is around or if a lion seeks out their blessing, to leave an offering to the spirits by leaving out that spirits' favorite food.
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:56 am

~Soul~ wrote:
Username: ~Soul~
Link to pride: Healani Pride
Completed Prompt:
Kelpie

Kaiholo on occasion likes to be a little playful and dress up as something scarry to scare the little cubs. Though he sometimes looks more silly then scary he will go along the beach and find seaweed to drape over himself and sea glass to hang on the sea weed so he makes noises as he walks and by the time he is done he is so covered that all you can see is his eyes and the seaweed. He goes by the Kelp monster and he makes thee loud funny noises in attempt to scare the cubs. Though in reality more of the time they just laugh at them. Is a sense though this help remind them that scary things are out there and can hurt them, though its all fun in games it leads to a nice reminder that the cubs always need to be on guard if they are alone.
( 153 / 150 )

To Show They Care

The Pride believes that when you pass your body goes back to the sea and your spirit to the sun. They also believe that spirits come back to visit in the forum of fire flies. They trie to remember their ancestors by placeing a pile of stones among the outer ring on the Gathering circle so they are always there for celebration. It also gives those still alive a chance to reflect, morn and give tribute to the dead. They will tend to leave items and food by these markers. These items where normally of importance to this particular pride member, it could be there accessories, favorite shells, or favorite foods and treats. They believes its a way to show the spirits they still care and miss them greatly. This act also helps comfort those still alive about the after life and know that they are waiting for them on the other side with the Ancient Father.

Completed Prompt:

( 157 / 150 )

Completed Prompt:
To the Cubs

Kaiholo makes his way to the Nursery where all the cubs who are not old enough to become apprentices quiet yet play and spend their days relaxing and eating. This funny orange shapes thing with a handle on it bounced back and forth with a oddly happy smile and items filled it. He assumed that it was safe enough and thought the cubs may get a kick out of playing with the odd creature. the Cubs had rushed to his paws when he walked in the den mothers relaxed and at wonder of the orange thing. He then placed the object down and knocked it over spilling its guts of small trinkets and candy..Kai had a piece before bringing it and thought that the little ones should indulge. The cubs chirped and knocked around the pieces of candy and toys that there in front of them. They chewed on plastic spidered and chased after bouncy balls. Only once a year this random goody bag appears after their first encounter and every year it goes to the cubs.
( 177 / 150 )
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legolas the elf » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:21 am

Username: lucifer morningstar.
Link to pride: here
Completed Prompt:
god of the jungle

E04 wrote:skelm is definitely not the type of lion to wear a costume, especially on all hallow's eve, a holiday he considers stupid. however, if he ever were to dress up, the king would most likely costume himself to look powerful and threatening.

taking the antlers from a killed deer or gazelle, he is sure he would find a way to get them to stand up straight in his mane to make it look like he had antlers. (it wouldn't work, but let's humor him).

he would then enlist the help of another lion, and the two would find vines and wrap them around skelm's neck and tail. skelm would then have the other lion break of the bark of a tree and crush it before scattering the pieces across his back. he would then find a bone and carry it around, claiming he was the god of the jungle, and that the bone belonged to his greatest enemy.

[158 words]

Completed Prompt:
we all return to the gods

E05 wrote:the fathenlaar believe that when a lion dies, its spirit is returned to the gods, to walk one of the elemental planes. if the royal leader of the pride dies, it is believed that their spirit inhabits a new body in the planes, and that they become a god once dead. owever, despite believing in spirits, the pride does not believe ghosts, choosing to believe lions with unfinished business in life can live with it being unfinished among the stars.

the disbelief of ghosts could partially be because the thought of a dead lion wandering around on earth is rather horrifying, especially of this lion turned out to be evil. however, no spirit has ever been encountered on the earth.

the fathenlaar do nothing to appease the spirits of the dead, seeing as the spirits cannot exact vengeance until the living lions die. only the gods can ever mess with fate on the material plane, so a monthly sacrifice is given to them.

[163 words]

Completed Prompt:
are these snake eggs?

E06 wrote:skelm yawned, letting the early morning sun soak into his fur and warm his bones. he rested his head on his paws with a contented sigh, and opened his eyes to watch the animals run and leap across the savannah. what he saw instead was a curious black contraption with what looked like teeth inside of it.

skelm leaped to his paws and trotted over to the contraption, sniffing it before recoiling at the smell. it was sweet - much too sweet. what in the name of the four elements was it? he stepped back and studied the contraption. it looked like a nest of sorts. he had inspected its contents and determined they were not teeth - maybe eggs?

but they were rather small for most birds. snake eggs, maybe? skelm looked around, but there was no snake in sight.

stupid snake. he thought. putting a nest at the edge of my camp. now it's making me move its nest when i could have been sleeping!

he gingerly picked up the nest and carried it towards the edge of the forest before setting it down in the hollow of a tree.

stupid snakes. he thought again. and he trotted away and forgot about it.

[203 words]
legolas the elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawkfire102 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:59 am

Username: hawkfire102
Link to pride: The Howling Crags Pride
Completed Prompt:

Tambo believes in spirits. He wants to have something to believe in. His pride has had a history of believing in the spirits of their ancestors. He plans on continuing that belief due to a dream that he had years ago. It was in that dream the spirit of his great grandfather prompted him to refine the pride's ancestral home.

Tambo has a healthy relationship with spirits. He understands that spirits are powerful beings and should be respected and feared. Just because a spirit appears to be a friendly face doesn't mean that their intentions are the same. He knows he took a chance believing the spirit of his ancestor but he turned out okay.

Once a month, Tambo will go to the graves of his ancestors, bringing fruit, prey, and water-filled moss to place on them. He'll sit and talk to them until the dawn comes. He lets them know that they aren't forgotten.

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:09 am

Username: RupturedRaptor
Link to pride: link
Completed Prompt:
The pride is responsible for far too many deaths of lions and other creatures to the point where if they beleived that ghosts or spirits would return after someone dies they'd probably all be a quivering wreck in fear of their own lives. They would be afraid of being killed by spirits of the ones caught in their fires and battels as revenge. The general belief if that if there is some for of spirit the spirits do not stay on Earth once the body dies. Other individuals think there isn't any kind of spirit, although they are usually sort of unsure over the idea. The pride in general agrees that ghosts aren't a thing to worry about, because surely if they existed they would already have been haunted or killed in revenge. Whilst the pride doesn't really believe in ghosts they most certainly believe in revenge and see it as a perfectly understandable action, so when thinking about ghosts the only thing that really comes to mind is the fear of individuals coming back from the dead to seek revenge. With all the discussion about ghosts it may be easy to mistake the pride for actually secretly believing in ghosts and simply denying their beliefs with ghosts, but the truth is that most lions in the pride truly don't believe in ghosts or at least believe they can't harm them. Although the individual may have their own beliefs believing in ghosts more often than not means the individual avoids the pride and their members at all costs out of fear of all the spirits they believe reside around their territory.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 am

Username: ToxicShadow
Link to pride: Oddity Pride

Choose a lion and explain what kind of costume they would wear for halloween (if they would wear one), and what they would use it for. Are they trying to look cute? scary? Do they just like cosplaying their favorite characters or would they try to be the most unique in the room?

Completed Prompt:

If they had access to it, and wearing costumes was a common tradition within the pride, Chione would likely adorn herself with beautiful jewelry intended to replicate the valuable pieces made of precious metals, minerals, gems, and colored glass worn by the nobles of Egyptian culture, such a queen. Including an ornate headdress, necklace, and several bands of metal and beads to serve much like bracelets on her forelegs and tail, with some pieces shaped into images of scarab beetles and birds.

This would not be of her own idea, though. Instead, it would be something that Jabari would come up with an encourage her to do. Or, rather, something he would pester her about doing until she simply decided, "Why not?" in order to get him to stop. It would certainly be the easier option over refusing his nagging over and over again.

The intention behind it, at least in Jabari's mind, is that it would just look good on Chione. That it would somehow enhance her loveliness even more.

[171]

---

Does your pride believe in ghosts/spirits? Why or why not? Are they afraid of them or see them as beneficial? What do they do to appease the spirits?

Completed Prompt:

Being aware of the strangeness of the world is something that all members of the Oddity Pride seem to have in common; either experiencing it first hand, in some way, or coming to learn about it and accept it after joining the pride. That said, it is considered well within the realm of possibility that spirits do, indeed, exist.

Although, their concept of spirits is not limited to the souls of those that have passed on. In fact, they have accepted the idea that even things that are not living in the same way that they are, such as rocks or trees, are capable of cultivating energy and becoming a spirit or a demon, usually able to take on a different from than what their original was. The sort of being that comes into existence not from the death of a living thing, but through other means. And, of course, these spirits often have their own unique abilities and weaknesses, sometimes linked to what they were prior to becoming a spirit.

[171]

---

Your pride finds a bucket of halloween goodies! What do they do with it? Immediately eat the colorful candy- wonder what it is? Play with it and throw it everywhere?

Completed Prompt:

Most members of the Oddity Pride are somewhat familiar with human objects, especially as their cavern home has a random assortment of such things. Though, of course, it would be quite likely the first time they found a Halloween bucket full of candies and other sweet treats, the object would not be entirely like something they have ever seen before. A bucket or other container of sorts, yes, but something themed specifically for Halloween would probably be unusual. They'd be more curious than anything, though; they wouldn't assume it dangerous just because they are not familiar with it.

In fact, their noses would likely tell them that it's something sweet inside. As the members of the pride do not just survive on meat, they also consume sweet peaches and a variety of other things, the sweet scent would likely draw them in. One member would likely volunteer, likely to be Nero, though another would step in and try a candy first, telling Nero that they cannot risk her being poisoned. And, after deeming it safe to eat, they'd find a way to distribute it.

[184]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 am

New prompts are posted

There were Six prizes in the pool today;
(# of prizes randomized in proportion to amount of people participating)

RupturedRaptor won a ticket for +100 exp
~Soul~ won a ticket for +150 exp
Frisco won a Fertility potion (Guarantees at least 3 cubs when breeding, chance of 4)
Firedancer77 won a Mutation booster (Doubles mutation rolls)
lucifer morningstar. won an Edit magnifier (Doubles chances of already-present edits passing)
cyberdragon725 won a Glowing eye edit

**Exp tickets can be used when leveling up, they will be added to bank and removed once used
**Custom ticket instructions are now located on the first post of the main adopt thread
**Breeding items are used when posting the breeding ticket
**Lions won will be posted shortly after being won and the link messaged to winner if they are not already linked here
**To use edit items message the artist who made the lion to have them added
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me