Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Homeland - a cat adoptable (artist search open) by SilhouetteStation

Based on Click to view
Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 14
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Homeland - a cat adoptable (artist search open)

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Countless seasons have passed since the Clans could roam freely, and many things have changed in that time. Pollution, deforestation, and lack of prey have forced many cats to journey away from their territory in search of new homes. Some stayed together, clinging to their clanmates and the warrior code. Some became loners, some kittypets. Things changed, and the cats were forced to change in order to survive.

A few cats found their way to a sprawling Twoleg farm, and there they decided to stay. Many moons later, their descendants still live on the farm property. With hundreds of acres of land, territory is not hard to come by. The Twolegs who occupy the farm are aware of the cats, but both human and feline live harmoniously together. Although things are different now compared to the time of the wild Clans, these cats are determined not to let history repeat itself, and to embrace life in their new homeland.

Homeland is an adoptable page that is more focused on world and personality development, rather than just character collection. There is a levelling system that determines the number of cats a user may adopt, and level requirements are met through certain tasks. This is my first in-depth and involved adoptable, and I look forward to working with everyone to create a fun and wonderful environment within this community.
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Homeland - a cat adoptable

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Community Rules.
    -Homeland is a closed species; these lines are not for public use, and only those with permission may use them
    -You cannot remove any signatures
    -No harassment or any kinds of bullying will be tolerated. If you experience or see anything that could be classed as this, please inform myself or a moderator
    -You may only have one clan/group of cats (not scattered across different territories), and they must all be adopted from here (no oc's/outside characters)
    -You must store all of your adopts information (territory, characters, prompts, etc) on a CS thread
    -Do not change the design of your adopted cats (without appropriate items)
    -Give credit to appropriate artists
    -Transparent versions of adopts will not be given out; depending on where your clan/group is located, an appropriate background will be added
    -You cannot sell your Homeland cats, and can only trade or gift them within this community with use of the appropriate form
    -You cannot use these adopts outside of the Homelands world (essentially, these characters can't be used for things not related to Homelands)
    -Inform myself of any username changes
    -Inform myself or a member of staff if an adopt competition has not been judged (over a month since the end date)

Artist Rules.
    -All adopts must be free
    -All designs must be natural to felines (no unnatural colors/designs)
    -All adopts must be created on oekaki
    -When a winner for an adopt has been chosen, please add the appropriate background and remove the 'adopt me' sign
    -Guest Artists will have a trial of one month, need to make at least three adopts, and (whether or not hired) can create a custom cat for themselves at the end of the trial
    -Artists are expected to continue making at least three adopts a month (more if desired), and can create a custom cat for themselves every two months (60 days)
    -Please inform me if any issues involving your adopt activity arise; failure to inform me and a long period of inactivity may result in your removal as an artist
    -Adopt competitions must be judged within a month of the end date (if you know you won't have time/something comes up, let me know and I'll take over judging)
    -You cannot edit the lines for standard adopts (you must use the default lines given)

Strikes & Bans
    -If you break one of the rules, you will receive a strike; three strikes results in a ban
    -If you are banned from Homeland or ChickenSmoothie, your cats will be readopted and items taken away

Strikes
    n/a
    Bans
    n/a

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Staff

Owner/Artist: SilhouetteStation

Moderators:

Artists:
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Homeland World Information.
    -Every Clan/group you create, and every cat you adopt, will live canonically on the farmland mentioned in the first post (you cannot have cats living in snowy mountains, desert areas, etc)
    -Your cats can live in a Clan if you so wish, or can be a different kind of group (family groups, friends, loners living together, etc)
    -Your cats don't have to live by the warrior code, have Clan names, or believe in StarClan (but again, they can still live in a Clan dynamic if you'd like)
    -The warrior code in general has changed between many groups, little details have been changed; for example, it is common for healing knowledge to be shared among loners or groups who do not have a kind of healer or medicine cat
    -Clan or group, territories and boundary lines are still put in place so cats have a specific place within the farm to call their home (but because there is so much space, border skirmishes are rare)

-----

Biomes (you must choose one of these for your territory, and this will be the default background for every adopt you own. each background has a day and night option, so please specify in your forms))
    --Forest (full of trees, shrubs, streams, and leafy ground; there are a few scattered rocky areas, and the trees here grow many branches to create good foliage cover)
    --Hillside (hilly, grassy areas, dotted with scrubs, streams, and rocks; a lot of open grassland, without much overhead shelter)
    --Lake (can also include ponds; territories centered around these water areas where fish live, reeds and willows can grow, and the ground can become boggy)
    --Barn (these are scattered throughout the property, some abandoned, some not often used, and some newer and used frequently, where rodents are the most common prey, and those cats living in barns closer to the main workplace are more comfortable with Twolegs)

-----

Leveling Information.
    -You do not start with a founder, as it is not required for your cats to work in a Clan-like dynamic; you could choose to have no leader at all, if you so wish
    -You must have a thread to store your Homeland cats, and the Clan/group you have must have some sort of name/title
    -You gain levels by completing tasks and posting your completed tasks on the archive thread (there will be no confirmation of your leveling up, but you will be notified if there is an error in your leveling up post)
    -Your level determines how many cats you may have, and this increases every time you gain a level
    -Any art you create for your tasks should be cleanly lined, flat colored, and the character should be recognizable; you should not add any unnecessary characters, and the cats used should only be within the Homeland world
    -Any writing you create for tasks should have a decent amount of effort put it, and be at least 200 words (unless stated otherwise)
    -Every stated requirement must be met before leveling up

Level 0: 1 cat
    •Have a CS thread/storage for your cats
    •On your thread, have a description of their territory (remember you must choose one of the biomes above)

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res
SilhouetteStation