CS Rares+ Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Poll 3: How would you like valuable pets to be tiered?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 pm

-By non value, like how the FTT does, and structured like the old list was!
29%
-I'd like to see a new way of sorting the list! (Comment your idea!)
27%
-I just want to see the results.
44%

Total votes : 160

Re: CS Rares+ Guide

Postby phxyvi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:22 am

Liliette wrote:
endermiss wrote:
DrMoneyBags wrote:“Market value outline”

In my opinion, this is the best one suggested.

Welcome back from your day break, moneybags

I agree that this is the best name.

‘things have calmed down a bit, though I’ll scuffle back to the shadows now
Do not ask for or share my toyhouse.

Commission inquiries

off oekaki character designs
phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FallenOrpheus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 am

endermiss wrote:
DrMoneyBags wrote:“Market value outline”

In my opinion, this is the best one suggested.

I'd have to agree here. This sounds less official, and more like a guide people can follow if they want to know the current demand of pets.
FallenOrpheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maligator » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:33 am

Excuse me for the random post here, but I was just breezing by and reading what the big idea was with the thread, and I thought maybe I would put in an opinion just since it’s currently being discussed anyway~

I can’t help but notice that in previous pages of the thread you had stated that this is a community guide because it’s geared towards the part of the community that is looking for a new, more demand based rarity guide. The issue with this however is that I do not see how it could be called a community guide if it’s only intended for a fraction of the community, as it seems like there are quite a lot of people who are against the current way this list is being built, or the current ideas in which this list will be built on.

I personally do see a name change as being a better idea than keeping it the same, especially if it’s not geared towards all of CS as apposed to what it says in the title. Maybe something as simple as what was said above with the “market value outline” name suggested. I just personally believe that if this list is only really for one small portion of the community than it should be stated that it isn’t a community guide. Just because it is intended for part of the community doesn’t mean that it can be considered a community guide.

Another point I would like to bring up is that demand values are always changing and never completely consistent. All it takes is for a few users to offer above the usual demand for a pet and then the demand for said pet goes up. This would be very difficult to keep track of.
Even if that wasn’t the case though, demand is still a rocky road in which it always ends with pets rising and falling, and moving pets up and down the list constantly can be very confusing and also disappointing to some users. There was a time the UR tiger was going for like 7 nons(from actual experience with owning one in that time), and recently I have seen people pay 5 usually. It seems to be going up again as well, in such a short time. I don’t see how it would be beneficial to have to keep changing the list around when people can just check what it is going for themselves.
It definitely seems like it would help when you think of it from a certain perspective, but from much to many other angles it seems a bit less than helpful, especially when you take into account the fact that what happened to the original list was extremely similar, and that ended very badly.

I would definitely say by no means should you disregard this altogether if you want it to be made, but pleaseeeee state more obviously that this is for you and your supporters/people who want a demand based list only. stating that it is a community guide would be too broad of an audience marketed to if you are not interested in accepting criticism and input from the rest of the site.
♡ Lover and wearer of Lolita fashion ♡

♡ Obsession with PPS dragon cats ♡

♡ Extremely passionate about dogs ♡

These are my babies

Misty
♫ You didn't choose this,
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
If you're standing on the
ledge, so close to giving
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
it to the morning. All your
pain is just a hero forming.
If you can save,
you can save your story ♫
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:19 pm

f1owercrown wrote:
    Explain again why you wouldn’t want your username up in the title?

Anything without your username sounds official. “Market Value Outline” still gives off the vibes of “this is the actual market value of pets in CS”. Please, just put your username. I don’t get what you have to lose in putting your username.

I agree. if you think of it from the perspective of a new player, it still makes it seem official,,,,,like it's the only market guide out there. I'd recommend adding the username at the beginning so people know it's YOUR market value guide rather than the ONLY market value guide.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liliette » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Rosè wrote:
-snip-

Another point I would like to bring up is that demand values are always changing and never completely consistent. All it takes is for a few users to offer above the usual demand for a pet and then the demand for said pet goes up. This would be very difficult to keep track of.
Even if that wasn’t the case though, demand is still a rocky road in which it always ends with pets rising and falling, and moving pets up and down the list constantly can be very confusing and also disappointing to some users. There was a time the UR tiger was going for like 7 nons(from actual experience with owning one in that time), and recently I have seen people pay 5 usually. It seems to be going up again as well, in such a short time. I don’t see how it would be beneficial to have to keep changing the list around when people can just check what it is going for themselves.
It definitely seems like it would help when you think of it from a certain perspective, but from much to many other angles it seems a bit less than helpful, especially when you take into account the fact that what happened to the original list was extremely similar, and that ended very badly.

-snip-

I definitely agree with Rose here. How will you keep track of the rise and fall of demand?

Will you be evaluating the demand of pets weekly? Every couple weeks? Monthly? Checking to see if any pets that have risen or dropped in demand?

Will the list be completely updated weekly? Every couple of weeks? Monthly? To inform people of this change?

Are you going to provide something akin to proof (an x amount of successful trades, but not a low number) that back your statement of a pet having low or high demand?

Are you (and those that want to help) ready for that commitment?

While it is true that some pets have a somewhat linear demand, there are times when it fluctuates. That's one of the reasons why having a set list with demand can get complicated, it needs to be updated constantly.

DrMoneyBags wrote:‘things have calmed down a bit, though I’ll scuffle back to the shadows now

See u moneybag
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby f1owercrown » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Liliette wrote:I definitely agree with Rose here. How will you keep track of the rise and fall of demand?

Will you be evaluating the demand of pets weekly? Every couple weeks? Monthly? Checking to see if any pets that have risen or dropped in demand?

Will the list be completely updated weekly? Every couple of weeks? Monthly? To inform people of this change?

Are you going to provide something akin to proof (an x amount of successful trades, but not a low number) that back your statement of a pet having low or high demand?

Are you (and those that want to help) ready for that commitment?

While it is true that some pets have a somewhat linear demand, there are times when it fluctuates. That's one of the reasons why having a set list with demand can get complicated, it needs to be updated constantly.

Same question here. I suggested a sort of Google Sheets format a while back which could serve as a tracking device + transparency on the basis of your “demand-based guide”. But to reiterate what Liliette said, how will you keep up with it? How will you ensure that the number of sampled trades (assuming you can’t tally absolutely all trades of a certain pet) can represent the CS trading system as a population? How often will it be updated, and will you be able to keep up with it?

Honeslty, from my experience, the tracking system worked only because the forum I was on is a small community, so it’s not hard to keep track of the trades. But with a community as large as CS, how will you ensure that the demand-based data you will give us is accurate? Note that outliers exist and can definitely skew the guide (i.e. ninja trades or probably some auctions), so how will you be able to tell these outliers apart, and how will you deal with them in your guide?
    ┌──────────────┐

────────────────────
    flower · v soft · she/her
    ────────────────────
    I'd rather waltz than just
    walk through the forest.

└──────────────┘
      ┌──────────────┐

───────── ─────────
      v busy bee in postgrad.
      please do not ask to buy
      any of my characters, ty!

────────────────────
      about · kalons · tumblr
      skarmoury#9386
      ────────────────────
      icon · oc pixel · forest pixel
      ────────────────────

└──────────────┘
f1owercrown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittytalia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

I can create a view-able google doc with all of the information I have so far and put the link on the first page.

Also- I was very willing at first, and very eager to be on every day to update this thread and check in on the values of major pets c:
(This might be my lack of sleep speaking for me, but I'm starting to get a little discouraged and nervous about it)
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittytalia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:08 pm

I'm not ignoring the name issue, I actually addressed it and collected names... I just haven't put the poll up yet, because I'm busy and more stressed over school right now... :c
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby f1owercrown » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Kittytalia wrote:I can create a view-able google doc with all of the information I have so far and put the link on the first page.

May we see what you have so far? Just mighty curious how you plan on executing this.
    ┌──────────────┐

────────────────────
    flower · v soft · she/her
    ────────────────────
    I'd rather waltz than just
    walk through the forest.

└──────────────┘
      ┌──────────────┐

───────── ─────────
      v busy bee in postgrad.
      please do not ask to buy
      any of my characters, ty!

────────────────────
      about · kalons · tumblr
      skarmoury#9386
      ────────────────────
      icon · oc pixel · forest pixel
      ────────────────────

└──────────────┘
f1owercrown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:37 pm

@kittytalia
      i think a good way to word everyone's frustrations is that, we all care about chicken smoothie and the trading system deeply, and worry about it being shoved around in a negative way, as well as newer users, or generally users who just aren't very familiar with trading getting the wrong idea about the thread, either being official, or treating it as law. yes not everyone has to follow it. but nobody had to follow the previous list either, and look how that turned out.

i suppose since this list's production is going to continue regardless, the most important thing i can say is, it's absolutely vital to listen to the community. demand itself is formed by the community, and therefore it's best to really keep a listen to those who make suggestions. of course not everything that is suggested or said needs to be done, all i'm saying is, do keep an open ear. i also agree with everyone who's suggested you put your name in the title. it will solve a large portion of problems people have with it.

i appreciate the work you're willing to put into this list, but my best advice is to be prepared for the constant updating it's going to need if you're this passionate about keeping it going.
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me