[ Töfratré Event 2019 ]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

[ Töfratré Event 2019 ]

Postby Half Tree » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:08 am

-----
Töfratré Event
-----

[ 'magic tree' ]
Hello everyone and welcome to the first joint-event here at BRT!
The Canadian branch of the foundation society for BRTs has this ancient maple tree as the centrepiece to their property. Each year they hold a festival around the tree and invite everyone in the tolter community to attend. There are games, activities and horse shows going on for the entire month as they wait for the leaves to start falling.
Töfratré, you see, is s supposedly magic tree. When the leaves start to fall everyone goes to catch them and return them to the large maple. The tree is said to grant blessings for those who return its fallen leaves to it and any new undertakings will have good luck when started around the tree. It is a perfect time to celebrate new friends and find new horses.
This season we're celebrating a new affiliation with the people over at Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project!

[ Bear Run Tolters ] - [ Euphorian Thoroughbreds ]

Adoption tents will be set up all around the big open field so people can look for a new horse in this lucky time frame.
[link to event pages] - coming soon!
The facilities offer places for everyone to stay, you just need to sign in when you arrive and you'll be directed to your rooms.
If you've brought your own horse(s) for the 3-Day Eventing the parking area is behind the guest barn where you can put your horses up in the reserved stalls. [sign ups] - coming soon!

-----
How The Event Works
-----
There will be a myriad of games and activities in which you can earn event tokens.
These tokens can then be used to purchase customs during the final week of the event.
Prompts will run for the entire event on a 48-hour period.
Games will run a bit more fluidly and not within such smaller time frames.
Details about the specific games will be posted when the game is opened.
The event will run from October 7th - October 28th!

-----
Prompt Requirements
-----
All writing must be 500 words or more and use proper grammar.
All art must be coloured or shaded in a way that clearly displays markings.
Traditional art requires a high-quality properly lit picture.
All art should be done as a fullbody piece to ensure everyone has the same workload.
Various poses will still be considered fullbody. (i.e. x x x x)
You cannot use colour-ins or editables (that includes offsite lines/bases).
All art and writing must be unique for the event!
Last edited by Half Tree on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Questions & Answers ]

Postby Half Tree » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:09 am

Is there a difference in using a Euphorian or a tolter for individual prompts?
    Nope! There will be some prompts that ask for both but if it isn't specified you can do either or both if you so choose.

Do the prizes only go toward the species we entered the prompt with? (i.e. using a tolt only gets tolt rewards)
    The tokens are neutral to either species. There are some tokens that are limited to tolters for rarity reasons but that will all be specified in the final week when custom submission forms are open.

Do prompts have to be written as horses or are we able to write them as anthros/humans/centaurs?
    Usually, for tolters I let you guys get creative with it but this event is with a more realistic species with more realistic lore so in this one your horses have to be horses.
Last edited by Half Tree on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: { Töfratré Event 2019 ]

Postby Half Tree » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:09 am

Another just in case.

Open to marks!
Last edited by Half Tree on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ First Prompt ]

Postby Half Tree » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:10 am

-----
FIRST PROMPT
-----

Write or draw about your horse sharing their favourite seasonal treat.

There is a slightly smaller time frame for this one but the others will all be the proper 48 hours!
I'll be giving a lil something special to everyone participating today for the inconvenience!
Non-owners may use my tolter Artagon and/or the Euphorian mascot, Prize.

countdown

Code: Select all
[u][center]FIRST PROMPT[/center][/u]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Writing/Art:[/b] (500 minimum)
[b]Tolter/ERRP:[/b] (link either the stable or adoption page)
Last edited by Half Tree on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ Töfratré Event 2019 ]

Postby Namida_☾ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 am

FIRST PROMPT

Username: Namida_☾
Writing/Art: xXx
Tolter/ERRP: Dariah and Artagon
Last edited by Namida_☾ on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
──────────
Namida (she/xe/caw/he)
Image Image

──────────
tomorrow

──────────
timezone: cest
technically: artist

──────────
──────────

─────────────────
is nearly yesterday

and everyday
─────────────────

[url]commission card[/url]
toyhouse
artfight
Art is my own! Do not use!

─────────────────

──────────
is stupid

──────────
credit
──────────
──────────
Namida_☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 am

FIRST PROMPT

Username: vinson
Writing/Art: (515 words)

Liam’s favorite fall treats are all of them. Cubes of pumpkin, warm apple pie, sticky caramel apples, but his most favorite treat of all are ginger snap cookies. The crunchy little biscuits are full of ginger and allspice and nutmeg and molasses and pure deliciousness. One would assume, since they’re his favorite, that Liam would want to hoard them for himself- but Liam’s favorite part about the savory cookies are distributing them around the stables. Every year there’s someone new who has never had one of them, and Liam’s eyes will light up with delight as he runs back to his stall and grabs a cookie out of the box he stole from the tack room shelf when one of the riders wasn’t looking.

This year it was Natsuko, Bree’s colt, who was young enough to had never tried a ginger snap. The light colored foal wandered over to Liam and looked up shyly at him, blue eyes peering and curious. Liam smiled, knowing exactly what he was going to ask.
“Would you like to try one of my cookies?” Liam asked the colt, and Natsuko nodded, eyes still wide. The two of them wandered back to the stables and Liam rustled around the box with his nose, picking a cookie out carefully with his lips and passing it to Nat, who was waiting excitedly. He had been told by his mother just how wonderful these cookies were, and now he was finally getting to try one! His muzzle touched the crumbly surface of the cookie and he lipped it into his mouth, crunching down. The flavor burst onto his tongue, and he savored it as the remains of the cookie stuck to his teeth.

“That’s delicious! Why can’t we have them all year round?” The colt asked, eyelashes still fluttering.
“They’re only around when the leaves fall to the ground and the air gets chilly. I suppose that’s just when the humans like to eat them,” Liam answered, grabbing another cookie out of the box for himself.
“Oh. I didn’t know you could only eat certain things when the weather changes,” Nat puzzled. He had only been born in early August, when there was still some heat left over from the summer but the transition to autumn had already begun.
“I’ll have to share all my favorite foods with you for all the different seasons, then,” Liam joked, gently nudging Nat out of his stall. “Let’s get you back to your mother for now, though.”
“What about all the foods for this weather? What else do you only eat now?” Nat asked, genuinely curious.
“Well, I like almost any human food I can get. Squash, pumpkin, corn- those are all vegetables. But then there’s treats, like pie and cookies and candies. Later on there’s things like cranberries and potatoes- mm mm! I love fall foods,” Liam smiled, his mouth beginning to water at the thought of all the sweet and savory foods to come. “But my most favorite treat of all is the one you just had- ginger snaps will always be the best.”

Tolter/ERRP: liam and natsuko
Last edited by Vinson on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gaycko » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 pm

Mark will edit in Day 1 prompt here
Formerly Seven of Sushi!
Call me Red or Seven please if just chatting casually
Adult/Male
He/him/his
🏳️‍🌈
Gaycko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aray17 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:23 pm

FIRST PROMPT

Username: aray17
Writing/Art: As the sun rose and the birds stretched and chirped, Tropic plucked shiny and plump apples from the towering branches above his head. Treading lightly through the wakening orchard, Tropic stopped and peeked through the branches as he heard someone else in the orchard. Through the branches, he saw Cadbury, his mate, searching for sweet apples for apple pie. Tropic short cut through several rows of apple trees and snuck up behind her ever so gently and quietly. He breathed heavily on the back of her neck to let her know of his presence. She smirked and whipped his face with her long mane. He ran off through the orchards as Cadbury followed closely behind. They raced back to the ranch, where their pie crusts awaited the sweet apples of the neighbor's orchard. The birds scattered as their gallops shook the ground beneath their powerful hooves. Flying high through the sky, Tropic dreamed about flying away from all of their troubles. As the ranch grew closer, Tropic ran faster to the kitchen. Cadbury stayed on his tail. Bringing their prized apples to the ranch hands, the ranch hands washed the shiny, voluptuous apples and sliced them into delicate slices. Carefully spreading them over the pie crust, they prepared the delightful seasonal treat for Tropic and Cadbury. Apple pie was a treat that Cadbury and Tropic enjoyed together every year. As the sweet scent of apple pie wafted through the air, their excitement for the sweet treat grew and their bellies grumbled in excitement. The bell dinged, signalling that their wait was over. The steaming pies sat on the windowsill as Tropic and Cadbury stood outside, drool dangling from their chins, eyes as big as saucers. The pies slowly cooled as Tropic and Cadbury's impatience grew. The sweetness of the apples mixed with the spice of cinnamon tempted their minds. The ranch hands gave each of the two tolters their pies outside and Tropic whinnied and stomped in excitement for the burst of flavor in his mouth. Cadbury licked her lips and pushed her pie away from Tropic, because he is notorious for stealing food. The two slowly nibbled at their pies and enjoyed their pies side by side. Tropic inched closer and closer to Cadbury's pie as she unsuspectingly ate to snag a bite of her pie. While she was taking a break from the sweetness of her apple pie, Tropic snagged a bite of her pie. Cadbury nudged him and pushed her remaining pie farther away from him. He licked his pie pan for any remaining crumbs as Cadbury still ate her pie delicately. The ranch hands stood off in the distance, watching the two playfully interact. As Tropic stared down Cadbury's pie, she could feel his piercing eyes staring deeply into her soul and monitoring her every move, waiting patiently like a hawk for a moment to swoop in and steal her pie. Cadbury licked the last remaining crumbs from her pie tin and playfully tossed it at his head. The ranch hands laughed and walked back to the kitchen to solve the problem. They pulled one remaining pie off of the kitchen counter and walked it out to the two hungry tolters. Tropic allowed Cadbury to enjoy the first bite, before delving into the sweetness of the apple pie.
Tolter/ERRP: Tropic and Cadbury
Last edited by aray17 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exotica. » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:43 pm

FIRST PROMPT

Username: Exotica.
Writing/Art:
    Ramona was one of our first mares here at Elysian Eventing, so of course she has always gotten some special treatment. Since the first day we got her off the trailer, we noticed she’s… how shall I say… picky. Incredibly picky. We’ve tried so many different combinations of feed, but she rarely takes to anything.

On a crisp fall day, I ran out to Starbucks before starting the daily barn routine and grabbed a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I carried it around with me for a bit while I put halters on horses and brought them out to their pastures. Carrying it around from stall to stall was slowing down my routine, having to set it down at every stall to put a halter on, picking it up and carrying it while I went to the pasture and back, so I just decided to leave it on the tack box in front of the feed room. I hadn’t really put much thought into it, but when I came back into the barn from the pasture, my latte was missing… It was still pretty early, so I thought maybe I had put it somewhere else and just forgot about it, but after looking around a few minutes, I knew I had left it right there. All of the sudden, Ramona picked her head up in her stall and I saw some whipped cream in her mane… As I got closer, I could smell that overwhelming pumpkin smell and knew I had found the latte thief.

I opened her stall door and found my cup lying on the ground licked clean.

“So you’re picky about all your expensive grains and supplements, but your guilty pleasure is Pumpkin Spice Lattes!?” I said sarcastically. When I was bending down to grab the empty cup, she moved her hoof in front of it, blocking me.

“Really?” I asked her, “It’s empty Ramona. You ate it all.”

She paws at the ground impatiently in response.

“Fine. You can continue licking it clean, but I’m going to be watching you the whole time. Who knows, your new-found love for lattes may lead to you learning you also like to munch on plastic.” I said rolling my eyes.

Once all the horses were in their pastures and the morning routine was done, I went in to look for some pumpkin spice latte-y treats that I could make for Ramona. Within ten minutes, I had found the perfect recipe. I got to work making them as quickly as I could. I ran around the kitchen and the barn’s feed room grabbing the ingredients.

“Okay.. I think I’ve got it all now, 4 cups of whole oats… 1 can of pumpkin… 2 cups of water… 2 teaspoons of baking powder… 1 and ¾ cups of flour… and finally 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.” I mumbled to myself as I added the ingredients into a large bowl. Thirty minutes later, I had a huge batch of pumpkin spice treats for Ramona. I snuck them out to the barn and hid them in the feed room, then I brought Ramona in from the pasture and hooked her up to the cross-ties in the aisle. I brought out two of the treats, holding them behind my back. Her nostrils were going wild, taking in the smell of pumpkin, and her eyes just lit up. She couldn’t contain her excitement, I was so happy to see it!

It’s now a tradition to bring her one with every meal. She’s even started to act stubborn in the pastures and not come to me when called so she can get an extra treat in.

Once her filly Queen arrived, we all wondered whether or not she would inherit her mother’s pumpkin spice latte obsession. Whenever I brought Ramona her meal time treats, I would quietly stand outside the stall, looking for some kind of reaction from Queen. She didn’t seem to have much interest. I even tried to leave an extra treat next to her in the stall, but she really didn’t even get the chance to sniff it, her mom swooped in faster than I have ever seen her move and snatched up the treat. Once this started happening, Queen started to show some more interest in them. She must have thought it was a fun game between her and her mother to race for the treat. The look on Ramona’s face when Queen first took the treat from her was absolutely priceless. After a few days of the "friendly" competition, Ramona reluctantly gave in and shared with her little filly.

Looking back it may have been a slight mistake introducing Queen to the pumpkin spice treats… We’ve now got to deal with two pumpkin spice latte thieves running about, wreaking havoc. No pumpkin spice latte is safe anymore.
    [806/500]

The horse treat recipe
Tolter/ERRP: Ramona and her filly Queen
Last edited by Exotica. on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:03 pm

FIRST PROMPT

Username: paradise,
      Writing/Art: Image
      Tolter/ERRP: Yejan & Lilac
      [ graced ]
Last edited by paradise, on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me