highgarden ♕ cac writing archive

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

highgarden ♕ cac writing archive

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:44 pm

________________ Image ________________

the cats of highgarden keep up appearances as amicable, friendly, and harmless, but they are not to be trusted. unlike other cats who
show their anger openly, the cats of highgarden lock down their true feelings. the first to backstab and the first to smile, these are cats
who thrive on contradiction and manipulation. within the clan, politics plays a major role in the lifestyle. more often than not, each and
every member of highgarden has a secret to hide and has a hidden agenda. if course, this is not to say that all of these cats are evil. in fact,
they would be happy to make allies, but only so long as they stand to gain something out of it. likewise, they would be the first to share
prey and herbs with a clan in need, but do not be fooled. debts must be paid, and highgarden does not forget.

the hierarchy in highgarden differs from that of other clans. the queen, known in other clans as the leader, chooses her mate, who then
becomes the king. their kin are known as heirs. the oldest female heir will become the next queen. queens, unlike leaders, do not receive
nine lives. of the seven known gods, highgarden prays mainly to the mother and the maiden, and they do not believe in starclan.
the queen, when she comes to power, may select another cat to act as her personal attendant and guard, and this cat may be male or
female. the pair are bonded for life, even more so than mates. if the queen's favored dies, the queen must step down and pass her title
to the next heir. if the queen dies, her favored returns to their previous rank.
knights are the male warriors of highgarden. female warriors are known as roses, and are thought to be even more deadly than knights.
apprentices are called thorns, for their claws that they must learn to use. queens are called roots, and kits are called seedlings. elders,
meanwhile, are rarely accepted in highgarden, and patrols are told to chase elders from their territory if found. only those who served
as a knight or a rose for many moons and are respected within highgarden may earn the rank of elder, known as the wilted.

politics and bloodlines play a large role in the life of highgarden. in the event the queen does not produce a female heir before her death,
her attendant may produce a female heir, if one is available, who will then take the role of queen. in the event that neither is available,
the roses engage in a fight for the throne.
forbidden romances are encouraged for the knights and roses, to introduce new blood into highgarden. if a queen, heir, or attendant
is found to have taken a forbidden mate, they will be stripped of their title, and any kits will be disregarded in the future as having any
power.
instead of taking the -star suffix, queens take the name -rose when they come to power in honor of the flowers of highgarden's territory.

highgarden sits in the middle of a mountainous valley. the camp rests in the lowest part of the valley, where the fertile land created a
flowered shelter. the cats make their dens in the roots and trunks of trees. the climate stays towards the mild side, but flooding is common
during the spring, and the cats have to move to higher levels of the valley to stay safe. flash flooding can cause issues for the cats, but
a nearby river provides training for trainees, who learn to swim from a young age.

(found)
Last edited by eagle, on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ one

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:45 pm

total 1
      servings 2
      xx
      xx

gods now
      kitting none
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphtawnystripe was never supposed to be queen of highgarden. never in her life had she been considered for the title, and her mother thought it best that way. as the fourth daughter of queen yellowrose and king tallstep, tawnystripe was allowed to do whatever she wanted, go wherever she wanted, and no one batted an eye. she would never be queen, and so long as she picked a respectable mate within the clan, then she could enjoy her freedom. her sister would become the perfect queen, just as her mother conditioned her to be, and tawnystripe would be a respected rose within highgarden. despite her tendency to slack off during patrols, tawnystripe was known as a fair hunter and quick on her paws. besides, no one could speak against the daughter of the mighty yellowrose and sister of the soon-to-be-queen lighteyes.
paragraphas much as no one foresaw tawnystripe becoming queen, it soon became clear that no one was prepared for the flood waters. the floods came every spring, and it was considered a tragedy if they lost one of the wilted or a seedling to the waters. one year highgarden lost their herbalist, another season a knight was swept away, but such instances were rare when majority was the clan were strong swimmers. not strong enough, however, when a mid-winter thaw came when least expected expected, and the waters rushed through camp in the middle of the night.
paragrapheven when tawnystripe walked across a trail through the wooded mountain, she could imagine the sound of trees being ripped from the earth, the screams of cats begging the mother for mercy. that night, it seemed, the mother and the maiden turned a deaf ear on highgarden. tawnystripe was amazed when, after the floods took her down through the valley, that she survived. when she woke up after the waters pulled her under and slammed her head against what must have been a stone, she was dazed and aching, but alive. on the edge of the flood, she coughed up a bellyful of water, but managed to stand and walk. she was alive, and the mother hadn't abandoned her.
paragraphit had only been a matter of time until she found the bodies. admittedly, tawnystripe had never gotten along well with her mother, always found her mother rather abrasive, but she broke down when she found her mother's still body on the edge of the water. yellowrose's fur, which had once been so silky and long, was matted and waterlogged, and tawnystripe gagged on the side of the deadly water. alone, tawnystripe found the bodies of her clanmates washed up on shore, and none of them were breathing. each time she found one of them while trying to trace her steps back to the destroyed camp, tawnystripe took the time out to say a prayer to the mother and the father, to give the deceased cats of highgarden the respect they deserved, and that she might be granted the mercy of finding one of her former-friends still alive.

paragraphseveral moons passed, and tawnystripe felt like she had been abandoned. though she reclaimed the former highgarden camp, it was with a heavy heard. she hoped, prayed, and wished that anyone else might have survived and she have managed to find their way back, so that their clan could grow once again. duty kept the former-heir to the place the lives of her family and friends had been torn away.
paragraphfor the most part, tawnystripe busied herself with restoring the camp to its former glory. thankfully, the thaw spared enough trees to make room for dens, and the water receded back to the stream. tawnystripe herself took to the den where her mother and father once slept, where her sister would have resided if given the chance. one night, while curled into the far corner of the queen's den, tawnystripe felt a presence wash over her. outside, winter air and snow made her shiver, but the presence was warm.
paragraph"tawnystripe," the voice called out, "feel no fear." indeed, the voice reminded tawnystripe of her mother's voice from the cadence and warmth it held. she raised her head just in time to see a long-legged molly enter the den. the molly was unlike any other cat tawnystripe had ever encountered in her life previously, and she crossed the den in several long strides, though her steps left no mark in the ground. "tawnystripe, you have suffered more than enough for thre lifetimes," the molly purred, and tawnystripe knew that she faced the mother herself.
paragraphthe mother's pink nose touched tawnystripe's head, and the latter lowered her own muzzle to the ground. "mother, please, spare me," she prayed, assuming that the mother had come to take her away. unfortunately, tawnystipe was not ready to give up her life. not after all she had done to repair highgarden's camp. surely it was not her time.
paragraph"sweetling, i would never do anything to harm you," the mother agreed, as if able to read tawnystripe's mind. "i come to tell you of the future, for yours is so bright." with that, the mother took a step back, and she seemed to expand before tawnystipe's eyes. "first, by the powers of the seven, i grant you your new name. tawnystripe, you are now to present yourself as tawnyrose, the wayward queen of highgarden."
tawnyrose blinked up at the mother, her green eyes blinking in surprise. before she could speak, the mother flicked her tail. "tawnyrose, highgarden will rise again under your leadership. you were never thought to be the next queen, but you will be the queen highgarden needs."
paragraphthe wayward queen, tawnyrose thought to herself. even in the mother's saccharine tone, it sounded like an insult. she would never claim the discipline of her mother and sister, but she hoped she was not seen as a wild beast, now placed on a pedestal of power. resentment burned in her belly, and she steeled herself when the mother shot her an amused look. instead, tawnyrose broke in, "tell me, mother, are any of my cats still alive?" she asked.
paragraphthe mother's pale eyes blinked slowly, as if measuring tawnyrose, before she spoke her answer. "few. very few. most drowned in the waters. i am sorry to tell you that your mother and sisters did not survive. so you are queen."
paragraphnaturally, tawnyrose felt only anger at the loss. "why did you not stop it?" she hissed. "why did you not warn us?"
paragraph"my dear queen, the seven do not control everything. we can not foretell all. the thaw came as a surprise to us as well. we did not wish for so many to join the ancestors so soon." it was only when tawnyrose dropped her head, sorrow and grief causing her to relent, that the mother cleared her throat. "i will do my best to help you, my queen, in your journey to rebuild your home."
paragraphtawnyrose maintained silence for a long moment before nodding once. "i will need an attendant," she said, and the mother dipped her head.
paragraph"then an attendant will come to you." she said. the next time tawnyrose blinked, the mother was gone and she woke up to see the sky turn a pale pink from the winter sunrise.

paragraphthough tawnyrose spent the past days hunting and exploring the territory on her own, she seemed to become more aware of her surroundings than before. with that came the emergence of her understanding of just how alone she was. as far as she knew, every cat she had ever known was either dead, drowned from the flooding, or had likely left the territory in search of a new and safer home. frankly, she couldn't blame them if that happened to be the case. if the mother hadn't come to her, if she hadn't had such a blood-borne relationship to the camp she grew up in, than it might have occurred to her to find a twoleg to live with as well.
paragraphthe ground felt rough under her hardened pads when she picked her way back to the camp from the mother's grounds. the wintry chill raked at her pelt, and she paused long enough to try and shake the chill from her bones. when she stopped, her dared to gaze out, realizing that she was on a high peak of the pass into the camp. "i'm sorry," she voiced allowed when a breeze whisked past her whiskers, and she imagined the spirits of her sisters reaching out to her.
paragraph"i don't know why it was me, but i'll live for you," she swore, ducking her head until her forehead touched the ground. lighteyes, she knew, was gone, as were the rest of her sisters. but all was not for naught yet. her brothers, she reminded herself when she straightened up, could still be out there.
paragraphthe mother said nothing of her brothers, only her sisters and mother; yewbelly and robinwing could still be alive. the very thought gave her the strength to continue down the mountain to the camp's main valley. flying with the winter wind, tawnyrose returned to her camp with the thought that there was so much to be done. with an attendant by her side, she would have someone to help her. if any of her former clanmates were still out there, if her brothers were still alive, than she would find them for certain. she had to.

actions
[ gods visit ] tawnyrose requests an attendant from the gods
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose hunts
[ patrol 1 ] tawnyrose patrols the borders

queen
    tawnyrose, 19m, ♀
    "the wayward queen"

king
    name, age, gender
    notes

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    name, age, gender
    notes

herbalist
    name, age, gender
    notes

roses
    name, age, gender
    notes
    name, age, gender
    notes

knights
    name, age, gender
    notes
    name, age, gender
    notes

thorns
    name, age, gender
    notes
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

allies & enemies & borders
            here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x0
            mouse | x0 | 1 servings
            vole | x0 | 1 servings
            squirrel | x0 | 2 servings
            rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
            big fish | x0 | 3 servings
            finch | x0 | 3 servings

mentors
            mentor, apprentice, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ two

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:49 pm

total 6
      servings 2
      xx
      xx

gods now
      kitting none
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphbluetcrest was not sure what he expected when a ghostly cat walked through his dreams, speaking of a queen who waited for him. he lived a simple life, coming and going wherever he wanted whenever it so pleased him. though he lived with owners, he never felt trapped by them - their fence was only so high, and he was confident that he would always find a way to escape their house if they ever tried to lock him in. instead, he could - and would - hop the fence and explore the surrounding gardens and roads. though they would beckon him to them in the middle of the night, he felt independent, and he decided that he very much liked living on his own. the thought of not having his freedom to explore and leave on his own terms, to have to live alongside another cat without his own sense of agency, made him feel unsettled.
paragraphthat was, of course, until he met the queen of highgarden. in his dreams, he caught glimpses of a pretty cat staring down into the waters of a river. her own fur was plastered to her skin, water pooling at her paws and droplets running down from her whiskers. when he was asleep, he knew was beautiful, and it pained bluetcrest when he wondered why she appeared so mournful, so alone. surely a molly as pretty as she did not deserve to be so sad.
paragrapheven then, he did not necessarily intend to ever follow his dreams to happen upon the queen, though the ghost of his sleep had other plans. eventually, his owners bored him, and his paws didn't stop walking away from them, from the neighborhood he had mapped out perfectly in his head. for days, he simply walked towards the horizon, stopping when he needed to rest, and walking when he didn't. his dreams persisted, more vivid than ever before, and a long-legged siamese cat approached him each time, telling him that his name was bluetcrest, the attendant of highgarden. that he needed to find the queen. each time, he awoke with a renewed vigor, even if he didn't understand everything she said to him.
paragraphthe familiar sights, scents, and sounds of the human world faded away the longer he walked, and it was days later when he realized that he recognized the landscape. the mountains on the horizon had familiar peaks, and he could have sworn that he knew the stream he drank from. before he even knew what happened, the bushes rustled and he found himself on the flat on his back, too shocked to fight off the cat who attacked him. by the time he gathered himself to try and push the stranger off, he stared up into the grieving green eyes from his dreams. when she hissed, demanding to know who he was and what he was doing on highgarden land, he was only able to muster that, "a cat called the mother sent me to find you, i think. are you the queen?" her scent was calming, like the smell of roses, and he didn't think he ever wanted to get up.
paragraphstill, it seemed the molly had something else in mind when she regarded him for a long moment. at last, she nodded once and releaed bluetcrest. she stood back and watched through half-lidded eyes when bluetcrest sat up and lapped at his chest fur. "my name is tawnyrose, queen of highgarden. who are you?" she asked. then, before he had the chance to answer, "if the mother truly sent you, did she say why?"
paragraphbluetcrest dipped his head when he spoke, "she called me bluetcrest, though my owners called me bluet. she said -"
paragraph"owners?" tawnyrose broke in, eyes widened suddenly and her ears pricked. "you're a house pet?"
paragraphwhereas he once might have defended himself as having enjoyed the easy life of a house cat, bluetcrest felt shame coil in his stomach and make his fur hot. "i was," he corrected. "but the mother called me bluetcrest, the attendant to the queen of highgarden. your attendant." even when he spoke, bluetcrest did not understand the strange title and what it meant, only that it sounded important and would likely hold weight with tawnyrose. indeed, he watched the queen's shoulders relax and her gaze turn from hot to measuring and curious. suddenly bluetcrest felt important when she looked at him, and his chin tipped up slightly to where the sun shone over their heads.
paragraph"bluetcrest," tawnyrose repeated his name, the enunciation flowing easily and melodically from her tongue. "i believe we have much to do, there is much to discuss." bluetcrest found himself nodding, ready to agree with anything tawnyrose asked of him. she seemed pleased at his reaction and smiled before turning around and flicking her tailtip. "allow me, let's go home, then."

paragraphfrom then on, bluetcrest was pleased to follow tawnyrose wherever she went. the pair became fast friends over the following days as bluetcrest grew to know the queen and her lands. the chilled spring air greeted bluetcrest each morning when he awoke to follow the queen around the territory. over days, the landmarks were given names in his mind as tawnyrose explained. one morning she brought him to the point where maiden's stream fed into the queen's gulf. the queen was silent for a long time before she nodded out over the glittering waters. "i found my mother here," she explained at last. at the time, he hadn't known the full story, only picked up details to put together with the images from his dreams. the queen mourned for all those she lost, and he understood her fear of being around the large bodies of the water. when they went to drink from the stream that cut across camp, tawnyrose would hesitate each time, without fail. it was the action of a cat who looked death in the face and lived, and didn't want to die. couldn't die.
paragraphin turn for tawnyrose teaching him how to navigate the wilderness, showing him where he might find the plumpest prey, bluetcrest didn't leave tawnyrose's side. though their dens were separate, side-by-side, the empty camp echoed with hollow winds and the chatter of birds in the midst of growing shadows. the second night after bluetcrest arrived, tawnyrose stopped him before they turned in for the night. "come," she offered. "i can't stand how quiet the camp is. it would be safer if we shared the same den." and so they did, bluetcrest watching the rise and fall of the queen's flank.
paragraphhe also came to understand where he stood in the ranks of the clans that was just beginning to blossom. though tawnyrose never chose him in the beginning, he realized when she chose him several days later. in the evening, they washed their pelts in the dying sunlight. their silence stretched in comfort and was companionable, but bluetcrest earned tawnyrose's full attention when he spoke, "did you have a mate?" he asked. tawnyrose had been stretched out on her side in the last rays of sunlight, her pelt pristine from the grooming, and she met his gaze through half-lidded eyed.
paragraph"no," she said at first, simply. then, when bluetcrest merely nodded once, "my mother probably had a knight in mind, though i didn't think of it." when they first met, tawnyrose explained the way of the clan in precise detail. usually, she said, attendants were mollies. she would find a king who would be her mate, and their kits would be heirs. bluetcrest knew that he was only an attendant, in a position of power only because he would be at the queen's side at all times. he would know everything about her, from where she went, to who she was with. apparently, she said, queens and attendants spent so much time together that they would begin to share thoughts.
paragraphdespite his initial infatuation with tawnyrose, bluetcrest decided that he would not be a good match for her as a mate. as her attendant, they would be better as friends, and he would be closer to her than even the future king would be. and, though he asked about her having a mate, it seemed that they both knew that he was not interested in her, nor she in him. which became even more true when she sat up, whiskers twitching. "you'll be the first to know when i have my eyes on a tom." which, bluetcrest already knew, would be the case. he would be the first to know what she thought about everything, and she would be able to read his thoughts from a glance.
paragrapheven then, her green eyes searched his face and she smiled, as if already able to read his thoughts. "and when you fall in love, do let me know," tawnyrose continued. "it's just common courtesy."

paragraphas the moon pressed on, bluetcrest wondered if his newly-forged friendship with tawnyrose would be strained by the introduction of new cats to the camp. during one patrol, the pair stumbled across a dark tom with haunting eyes who carried the scent of crushed grass on his fur. tawnyrose spotted him first while he dug into the rocky ground beside the training hollow. the tom muttered to himself, his tailtip twitching, though he didn't seem surprised when tawnyrose called out to him, "good evening. i'm afraid you've crossed into highgarden territory. identify yourself," she said loudly.
paragraphat first, the stranger merely continued his task as if tawnyrose and bluetcrest weren't there. when tawnyrose called out again, he flicked his ear and raised his head to look at them. "highgarden?" he repeated, "never heard of it." bluetcrest nearly flinched when the cat fixed his pale green eyes on him, but refused to look away. instead, he stepped forward and swept his tail to gesture to their general vicinity.
paragraph"then, allow us to tell you -" he started, only to be caught off when the stranger shook his head.
paragraph"i'm sure that wouldn't be necessary. i'm quite busy," the stranger said, and bluetcrest met tawnyrose's sideways glance. for a moment, the queen and her attendant stood and watched the tom dig into the ground. his dark tail lashed when he bent his head to pull leaves and a root from the ground. it was only after he managed to tug on the root and inspect it that tawnyrose stepped forward to try again.
paragraph"you must have traveled far to come here." for a long moment, it seemed that the stranger would ignore her, but he flicked his ear, as if gesturing for her to continue. "we have a camp not far from here. just over the ridge. would you like to join us? we have food and shelter."
paragraphjust when the stranger turned, fixing the queen and her attendant with his gaze, it seemed that he might agree to follow them. however, his smile was mocking when he shook his head, "i'm quite fine on my own, thank you," he said. before either tawnyrose or bluetcrest could speak further, he picked up the root and turned. with unexpected grace, he darted in the opposite direction, out of sight.
paragraphby the time they returned to camp, bluetcrest could see that tawnyrose was disheartened. she gathered herself in the middle of the clearing and rested her chin on her paws. he followed the queen's gaze to the camp entrance and settled down beside her to groom his chest fur. "do you think they'll just fall into your paws?" he asked, whiskers twitching. he expected that she would swipe at him or tease him back, though the tawnyrose sighed heavily and shook her head once.
paragraph"i suppose not, though it would be far preferable if they did," she looked up at him then, forcing a small smile. "it would be much easier for us."
paragraphbluetcrest dared to crouch down at the queen's side, and touched his paw against hers, to which her smile grew slightly. "the mother brought me here against the odds," he said. "others will come, i'm sure of it. they're find us, and they'll be glad they did. i can see it now." bluetcrest's gaze tracked across the clearing, empty around them, but it was a good home. the breeze rustled the grass and leaves around the sturdy dens, from the tree that tawnyrose said would be used to make addresses, to the main tunnel that served as an entrance to the camp. it was a lovely camp, a good home.

merlinsong is visited by the seven gods in his dream

smallheart and swiftheart come to highgarden

tracking down merlinsong and convincing him to come

wip wip wow

actions
[ added cats ] merlinsong from here; swiftheart and smallheart from here
[ gods visit ] tawnyrose requests a cat of any rank from the gods
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose, bluetcrest, and flickersky hunt
[ patrol 1 ] swiftheart and smallheart patrol
[ herb hunting ] merlinsong

queen
    tawnyrose, 20m, ♀
    "the wayward queen"

king
    name, age, gender
    notes

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 24m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist
    merlinsong, 27m, ♂
    the first herbalist

roses
    flickersky, 18m, ♀
    the first rose
    swiftheart, 14m, ♀
    notes
    name, age, gender
    notes

knights
    smallheart, 18m, ♂
    notes
    name, age, gender
    notes

thorns
    name, age, gender
    notes
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x1
            mouse | x1 | 1 servings
            vole | x0 | 1 servings
            rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
            finch | x0 | 3 servings

mentors
            mentor, apprentice, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
Last edited by eagle, on Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ three

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 pm

total 7
      servings 3
      xx
      xx

gods now
      kitting none
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphwip wip wow

actions
[ consumption ] n/a
[ added cats ] n/a
[ gods visit ] tawnyrose requests a king from the gods
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose, bluetcrest, and flickersky hunt
[ patrol 1 ] mapleshadow, swiftheart, and smallheart patrol
[ other ] added x1 marigold to the medicine store from pixel event proof

queen
    tawnyrose, 21m, ♀
    "the wayward queen"

king
    name, age, gender
    notes

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 25m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist
    merlinsong, 28m, ♂
    the first herbalist

roses
    mapleshadow, 37m, ♀
    notes
    flickersky, 19m, ♀
    the first rose
    swiftheart, 15m, ♀
    notes
    name, age, ♀
    notes

knights
    smallheart, 19m, ♂
    notes
    name, age, ♂
    notes

thorns
    name, age, gender
    notes
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x7
            mouse | x1 | 1 servings
            vole | x0 | 1 servings
            rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
            finch | x2 | 3 servings

mentors
            mentor, apprentice, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ four

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 pm

total 10
      servings 3
      xx
      xx

gods anytime
      kitting none
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphwip wip wow

actions
[ consumption ] highgarden eats one finch
[ added cats ] hornetpaw added as birthday cat (proof)
dippernose added from advent calendar
[ gods visit ] n/a
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose, bluetcrest, dippernose and flickersky hunt
[ patrol 1 ] softglow, mapleshadow, swiftheart, and smallheart look for the rogue group
[ training ] hornetpaw learns how to swim
[ other ] added x1 celandine to the medicine store from pixel event proof
x17 servings of prey (x17 mice) added from advent calendar
x10 herbs added from advent calendar (x3 cobwebs, x2 catmint, x2 marigold, x1 poppy seeds, x1 chervil, x1 feverfew)

queen
    tawnyrose, 22m, ♀
    the wayward queen

king
    softglow, 24m, ♂
    the lost king

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 26m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist
    merlinsong, 29m, ♂

roses
    mapleshadow, 38m, ♀
    flickersky, 20m, ♀
    swiftheart, 16m, ♀
    name, age, ♀
    notes

knights
    dippernose, 31m, ♂
    smallheart, 20m, ♂
    name, age, ♂
    notes

thorns
    hornetpaw, 6m, ♂
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x27
            mouse | x18 | 1 servings
            vole | x0 | 1 servings
            rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
            big fish | x1 | 3 servings
            finch | x2 | 3 servings

mentors
            dippernose, hornetpaw, 0
            mentor, thorn, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ five

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:57 pm

total 11
      servings 3
      xx
      xx

gods anytime
      kitting none
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphthe first breeze of fall tore across highgarden's territory when before the sun reached its highest point in the sky, and softglow found himself grateful for his thick coat. the king of highgarden rested in the middle of camp, bright blue eyes watching the clouds race across the bluing sky, and he remained his posture even when merlinsong emerged from behind him and spoke, "up early this morning, aren't we?" when softglow merely flicked his ears in answer, theking heard merlinsong's amused huff. the herbalist padded closer and sat so that their fur just barely brushed at their shoulders. "how fares the queen?"
paragraph"tawnyrose is fine," softglow murmured at last, "though i've already come to find that the queen likes to speak for herself," he added, then to himself, or if it's bluetcrest speaking in her stead. though the dynamics of the clan had been explained to him moons earlier when he first joined, he found that the intricacies of tawnyrose's relationship with bluetcrest still escaped him. even when he and tawnyrose were alone in their den, he still found himself feeling that bluetcrest was still there, joined with tawnyrose with each moment. as long as they were both alive, they would never be apart. "you're up early as well, merlinsong," softglow said, looking to change the topic of discussion quickly. his eyes darted to the side, only to find that merlinsong's pale eyes met his in that moment, and his breath seemed to escape his chest completely.
paragraph"i'm always up early," merlinsong answered, seemingly unaffected. instead, he stood and step away just far enough to stretch his body. his tail flicked, up towards the gods, and his eyes closed for a brief moment. "the earlier i'm awake, the sooner i can get out of camp before the chaos starts." the herbalist, in softglow's knowledge of him, was a normally quiet cat, and this was the first time he heard him speak so much in so little time."before long hornetpaw will be jumping everywhere for attention, smallheart will be falling over himself after flickersky, and iguanakit will be getting under all of our paws. no cat here has any sense."
paragraph"no one?" softglow echoed, "not even yourself?"
paragraphfor a moment, the breeze seemed to stop stirring the air and time seemed to pause. once again, merlinsong met softglow's gaze, his head cocked to one side, as if measuring softglow until he smiled, as if he liked what he found. "no, definitely not me. i might be the worst of all." before softglow could consider an answer, merlinsong turned and padded back, past softglow and back towards his den at the same time that iguanakit's voice could be heard. the herbalist muttered something indiscernible under his breath but glanced back at softglow at the last second, "tell tawnyrose i said good morning, won't you?" and softglow could only nod before merlinsong disappeared into his den and was out of sight.
paragraphwithin time, the camp began to come to life. mapleshadow, who had been guarding the camp overnight, slipped through the camp entrance and nodded to softglow. "all's clear," she reported, coming to a stop in front of the king. "how are you, softglow?" she asked, blinking her pale green eyes, though there was no warmth within her tone. softglow had already come to learn that these cats knew little warmth.
paragraphsoftglow made to open his mouth, but was cut off by hornetpaw's voice. the young thorn had spent the moon since his arrival posturing across camp. his mentor, dippernose, was no better, and didn't encourage hornetpaw to calm himself. instead, their confidence made an unparalleled match, though tawnyrose maintained that dippernose would be the best mentor. he was immature, she had agreed when softglow brought it up, but flickersky, smallheart, and swiftheart were all too young. merlinsong decided that the gods would laugh if he tried to take hornetpaw under his training, and the queen, king, and attendant were all too busy to take a thorn.
paragraph"dippernose says he's going to take me swimming, aren't you jealous? i'm going to be the best swimmer in the entire clan," hornetpaw gushed when he nosed between the rose and king, ears pricked and eyes wide with excitement. his entire body seemed to tremble with enthusiasm, and he missed the way mapleshadow rolled her eyes.
paragraphinstead, mapleshadow nodded over softglow's shoulder, where dippernose himself appeared from his den. the handsome black and white tom stretched his lithe body before waving his tail. he spotted his apprentice and crossed the clearing until he stood behind hornetpaw. "so, we heard you're going swimming today?" mapleshadow asked, and dippernose smiled.
paragraph"yes. tawnyrose mentioned that it might be a good idea considering how much water is on own territory. just in case of any floods," he said, though softglow couldn't help but feel a flicker of uncertainty in his gut. hornetpaw was still small, despite the way he carried himself. he was only a few moons older than iguanakit, who was still in the nursery. surely it was too early in his training to be swimming. but he held his tongue, thinking that none of these cats would actually pay heed to what he had to say. he was only the king, and his power was minimal at best. mapleshadoe was more likely to laugh in his face than agree, and hornetpaw was too excited.
paragraph"might want to keep it brief, though," he said instead, whiskers twitching from the way his stomach rolled with unease. all eyes turned to softglow, who kept his unblinking eyes on hornetpaw, "you know, there's a bit of a chill in the air. i'd hate to start the harder seasons off with cats getting colds."
paragraphhe could only nod stiffly when hornetpaw shuffled his paws, still as eager as ever. "don't worry softglow, i'll be fine! i'm sure of it!"

paragraphhornetpaw was slightly less sure later that afternoon, when he stood on the edge of rose lake. the current pulled lazily along through the territory and past dippernose, who stood only steps away. his mentor had already taken to the water, which lapped at his fur. "softglow doesn't know what he's talking about," dippernose huffed, seemingly unperturbed by the water. "it's not even that cold, so don't worry about it. it's all going to be fine." he flicked his tail, sending a spray of water droplets in hornetpaw's direction. the small thorn's ears flattened against his head and he recoiled when the water hit his nose, though he appeared to relax when he still stood, unharmed. "c'mon then," dippernose encouraged.
paragraphat last, hornetpaw began to ease into water, hesitating only a moment at the foreign sensation of the water soaking into the fur on his legs. but he looked further across the lake, where he'd been told that the water fed into groveclan's territory. if any of those soft groveclan cats are watching, they'll see me being the best swimmer in all of the clans. with a renewed vigor, he met dippernose in the middle of the water. where the water reached only dippernose's legs, the water began to soak into hornetpaw's stomach and sides, and he raised his tail to keep it above the water's surface. "i'm fine," hornetpaw mumbled before dippernose had the chance to ask. "are we going into deeper water?"
paragraph"i'd think that it would be the best way to try and learn how to swim," dippernose answered, a laugh hanging on the edge of his words. clearly he found hornetpaw's discomfort amusing, and the young thorn sought to prove him wrong. he would be the best swimmer ever. the rocks and sand shifted under his pads and the water pulled at his fur, but he moved forward before dippernose could instruct him further. the water pulled at his fur, as if greedy and looking to pull jim under, but hornetpaw preserved even when the water rose over his back and the base of his tail.
paragraph"easy now, it's like running in the water, keep your paws moving," dippernose called out, though he seemed further away than hornetpaw anticipated. surprised by how far he'd waded in, hornetpaw turned suddenly to find dippernose only slightly further in than he had been originally. from the turn, the ground shifted under his toes and his head bobbed under the surface. for just a moment, panic flared deep in hornetpaw's chest, though he stamped down on it and found his footing once more. when his head broke the surface, he coughed and shook his eyes free. "are you alright?" dippernose called.
paragraph"fine!" hornetpaw answered, already resolving to move further out. from his current position, he could imagine seeing a groveclan patrol pass by, could smell their scent across the air. later, he would tell iguanakit how he managed to swim across the border and confront them. he'd tell her that he fought off their leader and deputy while still shaking water from his fur. tawnyrose would have no choice but to give him a full name. with that in mind, he kicked out with his hind legs, feeling the ground give way to more water and he was suddenly swimming. he tipped his chin back to keep the water out of his face, and churned his paws to stay afloat. the currently pulled at his fur the further away from the shore he went, but his confidence swelled though his legs ached with effort.
paragraphit was only a few moments later that hornetpaw heard dippernose shout out to him again, urging him to come back, that he tried to turn around to find his mentor. dippernose stood up to his chest in water and looked suddenly small. when hornetpaw tried to find his breath to begin moving back towards dippernose, exhaustion crawled up his limbs and nothing came out from his jaws. instead, the water pulled at him again, and his head slipped under the water. he broke the surface a moment later, but could no longer fight the current to paddle back towards dippernose. "help!" he cried, and, even at a distance, he could see dippernose start towards him, splashing in his hurry to reach hornetpaw. "dippernose, help!" water splashed into his ears and nose when he flailed, suddenly helpless as he was carried away from highgarden's shore.
paragraphhornetpaw wasn't sure exactly what happened next as the current carried him. he could hear a series of shouts and assumed that it might have been a border patrol, then a splash near him. it was only when he was struggling to get his head back above water that he saw a mass of black and white fur and thought: dippernose is a fast swimmer.
paragraphbut when he was finally able to feel dirt under his paws, hornetpaw looked at the black and white cat through half-lidded eyes and blinked his surprise. not dippernose. instead, the tom was no bigger than hornetpaw himself, and he carried a scent that was, distinctly, not-highgarden. "is this groveclan?" he asked a heartbeat before his legs collapsed underneath him, too tired to do much more than cough up water. "sorry - you were probably looking for fish, huh?"
paragraphby the time dippernose found hornetpaw, the thorn had managed to cough up most of the water he'd swallowed while nearly drowning and exchanged introductions with midnightpaw, the apprentice who rescued him from tragedy. dippernose panted from the effort of running and swimming to find hornetpaw, and nodded to the groveclan warriors who accompanied the apprentice. "thank you," dippernose exhaled, pausing long enough to take in a deep breath. "it's his first time swimming - i can assure you we won't be drowning near the border again."
paragraph"hey dippernose," hornetpaw cut him off, "midnightpaw saved me, he's my hero."
paragraph"we're not telling softglow any of this," dippernose sighed, "not if we can help it."

paragraphiguanakit, merlinsong decided, had a knack for getting in his way. when the small kit was brought in with the patrol, he assumed that one of the mollies would be willing to take her in, that tawnyrose might have bluetcrest babysit. at the very least, he assumed that he would not be the one tasked with making sure that she didn't snick her nose where it didn't belong. and yet, smallheart had said that they couldn't simply leave her alone in the nursery. it was half-built, first of all, and she was too young to sleep in there on her own. least a clan come and invade, or a fox come looking for a midnight snack. no, the rest of the clan decided while merlinsong was out looking for herbs before the first frost of the year came to kill the plants off, the only place for a lone kit in a clan without nursing queens was the herbalist's den.
paragraph"hey, merlinsong, what do these do?" iguanakit squeaked, nosing his pile of celandine. the herbalist sighed deeply and turned to face the lone kit.
paragraph"they help make cats feel better," he answered, using the same line he'd given each time she asked to know what any particular herb did. they all helped the cats, merlinsong told her, and she'd nod with a pensive look on her face. this time, however, she flicked her tail and shot him an impatient look.
paragraph"but how?" she asked, gesturing to the rest of the den, where merlinsong had been stacking various herbs to clear out any that had dried up. "you say everything makes them feel better, but how?" iguanakit's large eyes blinked up at him, and merlinsong found himself speechless for a moment, as he hadn't been expecting such an outburst.
paragraph"well," he began, clearing his throat. he pushed aside his pile of yarrow and sat down across from iguanakit, deciding that she would get the full answer she asked for. "it depends on the herbs and what's wrong with the cat." he expected that, at any moment, she would direct her attention elsewhere, that her attention would waver. however, she held his gaze steadily, showing that she was listening intently. "for example," merlinsong continued, "if someone has an issue with their eyes, i would chew up celandine leaves and apply them to their eyes," he said, nodding to the pile of herbs she'd asked him about.
paragraph"but if a cat had a cough, they would need to eat catmint," he added as another example, placing his paw on the neatly stacked pile of catmint. when he glanced back at iguanakit, she was nodding slowly. at last, she looked up at merlinsong.
paragraph"it sounds complicated that you know all of this." she dipped her head low to sniff the celandine, only to scrunch up her nose at the bitter smell. "and everything smells bad."
paragraph"it takes a different type of training. roses and knights need to train hard to learn how to fight and hunt, an hornetpaw had trouble with learning how to swim. it's part of being in a clan," he told iguanakit, who shuffled her paws. when the air about her turned tense and uneasy, merlinsong leaned close to lick her gently between the ears. "what is it?"
paragraphiguanakit refused to meet his eyes, opting instead to shrug her shoulders and stare at the ground between her paws. "i guess i'm just scared that i won't be good enough, that tawnyrose will make me leave. everything just seems too difficult." already, the news of hornetpaw's mishap spread throughout the entire clan when they watched the shivering thorn be led into camp with dippernose. thankfully, merlinsong had been able to allow hornetpaw to return to his den to get warm and sleep off his exhaustion, but it was only a matter of time until the entire clan knew since swiftheart was the first to see the pair of toms arrive. she spread the news to the other roses and knights, which didn't take long since their clan was still small. it made sense that iguanakit would be nervous, since hornetpaw walked around camp like he was already a named knight instead of the young thorn he already was.
paragraph"hornetpaw is proud, and it caught up with him. maybe he'll learn his lesson and do better during his next training session," merlinsong said, though he highly doubted hornetpaw would ever learn to be humble. "but you need to make mistakes before you can get better. next time he'll know how to swim better, and dippernose will know to keep a better eye on him. the rest of the clan knows not to send young thorns into the river during their first training session." iguanakit nodded, though she kept her eyes low, as if uncertain whether merlinsong was telling the full truth. again, he sighed and asked, "did tawnyrose kick hornetpaw from the clan?"
paragraph"no."
paragraph"no," merlinsong echoed, ducking his head to meet her lowered eyes. "because tawnyrose knows that all cats make mistakes and fail sometimes. but we all deserve to be here. so don't be scared of failure, but look forward to doing well," he encouraged, smiling widely when iguanakit finally nodded and met his gaze. though she still appeared uncertain, the glint had returned to her eyes and he knew that she would be okay.

paragraph"so," bluetcrest asked late one evening, after the sun had set and majority of the clan had finished their meals and set in to groom themselves for retiring for the night. across the camp, mapleshadow was sitting guard for the night while softglow and flickersky spoke to her, the latter pair about to go out for the final patrol of the evening. "what do you think of him?" bluetcrest's white fur appeared silver in the gathering moonlight, and his yellow eyes were round when he addressed his close friend. without naming names, tawnyrose knew who he meant.
paragraph"not what i expected," she said simply, pushing aside the final scraps of a mouse they had eaten earlier. "not how i remember my father or my sister's suitors to be." to be fair, during her mother's reign as queen, tawnyrose paid little attention to how her father acted in the role of the king, nor did she care about how her sister acted around toms. she was aware, of course, that all of the knights wanted to be king, either so they could be mates with lighteyes, or because they wanted the distinction. back then, had she known that she would have been queen and would have a king, she might have paid more attention.
paragraph"my mother picked my father after watching his fight in the spring tournament. he proved that he was the strongest knight because he beat all of the others. he wasn't the biggest or the fastest, or even the smartest," tawnyrose said. she shifted, ducking her head to pull a strand of grass from between her claws.
paragraph"then how'd he win?" bluetcrest prompted, noticing the way tawnyrose paused, clearing looking to draw out the dramatic effect. bluetcrest was lying on his side, though he lifted his head, interested in the story.
paragraphtawnyrose purred softly, clearly amused and thankful that her attendant played along. "i'm not entirely sure, i never asked. but i could tell my father loved my mother. yellowrose wasn't easy to love. she was grumpy and didn't show a lot of emotion, not even when we were kits. but my father, he definitely loved her."
paragraph"you really think that he won because of the power of love?" bluetcrest cut in, narrowing his eyes, suddenly skeptical.
paragraph"gods - no, of course not," tawnyrose said, shaking her head with a laugh. "i'd say it was pure luck. maybe none of the other knights even wanted to win, or weren't feeling well. but i don't think that matters much since my mother picked him. she chose him, and he became her king. and they ruled well together."
paragraphsilence stretched between them for a moment, with bluetcrest furrowing his brow, looking for tawnyrose's meaning by the story, and tawnyrose returning to clearing her paws. at last, bluetcrest spoke up again, "but you didn't choose softglow," he pointed out, "your mother chose your father, but the gods chose softglow. why?" he asked.
paragraph"because both of my parents are dead. my mother's choice didn't save any of them when the floods came." tawnyrose shook her head slightly. "at least i can trust the gods to make this choice for me, so i won't mess it up."
paragraph"but you don't seem to like him much," bluetcrest said after a moment. by that point, they were alone in the clearing, with softglow and flickersky off on their patrol and mapleshadow searching the outer perimeter of the camp. the rest of the clan was in their dens, away from the cool fall air. "shouldn't the queen like her king? he's your mate, after all."
paragraphtawnyrose nodded once, looking off into the distance as if in contemplation. "i suppose so. but i thought i might like the king the gods sent. i didn't expect him to be boring." another laugh escaped her, and bluetcrest joined in soon after. "i hoped that he might have a bit of spirit to him. someone like dippernose, or even smallheart. at least they have a personality."
paragraph"tawnyrose, be fair," bluetcrest said after another stretch of laughter between them. "he can't be all bad." though bluetcrest already knew how tawnyrose felt about the blue-eyed tom. the truth was that, no, he was actually a rather good cat who was decidedly nice and gentle, though that was just the issue. he was nice but there was no real ambition to him that tawnyrose could find. he would make a good king, for sure, as he was fair and would not offend any other cat, whether within highgarden or outside of it, but there was otherwise no true substance to him. he was merely nice where tawnyrose wanted adventure, and he bored her. "at least he's handsome," bluetcrest added, and tawnyrose laughed again before standing and shaking out her fur.
paragraph"i suppose that is the most important thing. so thank the gods for his beauty then." with that, highgarden's queen turned to her den, bluetcrest a step behind, as he always was.

actions
[ consumption ] highgarden eats one finch
[ gods visit ] n/a
[ hunting 2 ] softglow, mapleshadow, swiftheart, and smallheart hunt
[ training ] hornetpaw learns how to stalk
[ notes to mod ] hello hello, i'm sure we're going to get along just fine !!
if you have any questions about any of highgarden's traditions/cats, just dm me and i'll get back to you asap!
also i have a few cats from readopts you can choose to send if you'd like, they are linked here

queen
    tawnyrose, 23m, ♀
    the wayward queen

king
    softglow, 25m, ♂
    the lost king

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 27m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist
    merlinsong, 30m, ♂

roses
    mapleshadow, 39m, ♀
    flickersky, 21m, ♀
    swiftheart, 17m, ♀
    name, age, ♀
    notes

knights
    dippernose, 32m, ♂
    smallheart, 21m, ♂
    name, age, ♂
    notes

thorns
    hornetpaw, 7m, ♂
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            iguanakit, 4m, ♀
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x27
            mouse | x18 | 1 servings
            vole | x0 | 1 servings
            rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
            big fish | x2 | 3 servings
            finch | x1 | 3 servings

mentors
            dippernose, hornetpaw, 0
            mentor, thorn, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ six

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:05 pm

total 13
      servings 3
      xx
      xx

gods anytime
      kitting none
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphhurricanejaw once thought that he would never find a home outside of echoclan. of course, he had loved his home with his mother and half-siblings, though he had never felt that he truly belonged. so, when leaf-bare began to strike the territories, bringing illness into echoclan, hurricanejaw decided that it was his time to leave him home and search for a new home where he would be welcome. instead, his paws carried him through groveclan territory and into foreign lands. light snow began to speckle the ground, carried down from the sky overheard when the black and white tom left groveclan and echoclan behind, though hurricanejaw paid it little mind, too focused on finding shelter before the snow grew any thicker.
paragraphthe wind picked up steadily the more hurricanejaw walked, his paws beginning to ache from his journey from echoclan and the cold, though he couldn't bring himself to stop. he set his jaw and lowered his head, hesitating only when he thought he heard the traces of a voice on the wind, drifting to him from a distance. the sparse trees offered little cover, but a dark cat seemed to emerge from between two trees, melting out from the undergrowth and towards hurricanejaw. "are you lost?" the tom asked when he came close, and hurricanejaw nodded once, unable to say anything before the cat continued, "figured as such, not many cats come through highgarden territory."
paragraph"highgarden?" hurricanejaw questioned, previously unaware that such a clan existed.

hurricanejaw meets merlinsong, ft. a lot of confusion

flickersky and swiftheart talk about their crushes

smallheart doesn't know how to teach

hornetpaw can't concentrate and dippernose is frustrated

softglow makes it his mission to get the new cats to like him

tigerpaw and iguanakit stage an intervention

tawnyrose and bluetcrest talk about the fox ft. softglow

actions
[ added cats ] hurricanejaw from echoclan (proof), tigerpaw from readoption
[ consumption ] highgarden eats one big fish
[ gods visit ] n/a
[ hunting 2 ] softglow, mapleshadow, swiftheart, and smallheart hunt
[ training ] hornetpaw learns how to stalk (again)
tigerpaw has already learned 4 moves from his past clan (link above)
[ notes to mod ] i have a few cats from readopts you can choose to send if you'd like, they are linked here

queen
    tawnyrose, 24m, ♀
    the wayward queen

king
    softglow, 26m, ♂
    the lost king

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 28m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist
    merlinsong, 31m, ♂

roses
    mapleshadow, 40m, ♀
    flickersky, 22m, ♀
    swiftheart, 18m, ♀
    name, age, ♀
    notes

knights
    hurricanejaw, 36m, ♂
    dippernose, 33m, ♂
    smallheart, 22m, ♂
    name, age, ♂
    notes

thorns
    tigerpaw, 11m, ♂
    hornetpaw, 8m, ♂
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            iguanakit, 5m, ♀
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x26
            mouse | x19 | 1 servings
            vole | x1 | 1 servings
            rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
            finch | x0 | 3 servings

mentors
            dippernose, hornetpaw, 0
            smallheart, tigerpaw, 4
            mentor, thorn, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ seven

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:11 pm

total 25
      servings 5
      xx
      xx

gods now
      kitting tulipstream
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphblood pounded in hornetpaw's ears when he drew himself forward through the tall grass of the mother's grounds. with the warm weather coming in full force, highgarden's entire territory seemed to be lush with growth. the young tom's belly fur brushed against the grass, and he held back the urge to rise from the ground, lest he reveal himself. in the distance, he could make out the sound of pawsteps in the grass, of a cat walking carelessly through the trees, and he pressed on. the task was simple: to find tigerpaw before tigerpaw could find him. for the first time in moons, hornetpaw felt focused on his training, and he hoped that he would finally succeed, that he would be able to satisfy dippernose, who had grown a tendency to become frustrated during training. though hornetpaw would be willing to admit that it was his own fault for being distracted most of the time.
paragraphthe wind shifted, making hornetpaw freeze in his tracks, pressing closer to the ground, praying to the mother that he would still be downwind of the rustling, where he assumed tigerpaw was. he knew that smallheart and dippernose weren't far off, watching the apprentices stalk one another in the grass. at any rate, tigerpaw was old enough to receive his full name any day, and he had mastered most of his skills in hollowclan, though it seemed that smallheart and tawnyrose agreed that he would spend at least another moon as a thorn. tigerpaw, as far as hornetpaw could tell, wasn't upset about that. if anything, he seemed plenty content to keep training.
paragraphwhen the air settled, hornetpaw began again, pausing only several steps away from the rustling when another noise came from behind him, the crunch of grass and a twig under a paw. in the time it took him to turn, hornetpaw found himself bowled over, tigerpaw's larger, more toned body on top of his own. his friend smiled broadly in his moment of triumph, though hornetpaw could only ask, "if you were stalking me, then who was i following?" he questioned. tigerpaw's expression froze and he lifted his head. the grass shifted suddenly, as if a cat was turning around, until it exploded. without saying anything, tigerpaw disengaged from hornetpaw to follow in pursuit, hornetpaw scrambling to his paws to follow. whoever it was, however, was faster than either of them, and not even tigerpaw's long legs allowed him to keep up. when they reached the edge of the tall grass, the clearing opened up before them, empty save a single leaf falling from a tree.
paragraphby the time dippernose and smallheart found their thorns, the friends were looking blankly at one another. "what was that?" tigerpaw asked hornetpaw, who shrugged in turn.
paragraph"i thought it was you," he said.
paragraphtigerpaw shook his head, though it was clear that it was not the case. his gaze followed smallheart, who padded in the direction the stranger had run off to, his nose raised to the wind. "we'll have to tell tawnyrose and softglow, have them organize a patrol," he said at last, looking back to dippernose, who nodded in turn. with that, the knights gathered the two thorns, deciding that it was time for them to return to camp. dippernose and smallheart led the way back, tigerpaw and hornetpaw following several steps behind.
paragraphwhen it became clear that smallheart and dippernose were too engrossed in their own conversation to listen to the thorns, tigerpaw leaned down, closer to hornetpaw to whisper in his ear. "what are the odds that it's that groveclan apprentice you like so much?" he said, his tone light and teasing, though there was a glimmer of curiosity in his eyes, as if he truly believed that it might be midnightpaw. hornetpaw, in turn, swiped half-heartedly at his friend.
paragraph"don't be dumb," hornetpaw said. "he's going to be a warrior soon, he has better things to do than hide in the mother's grounds." tigerpaw leveled his stare at hornetpaw, who ducked his head at last. "besides, he's just a friend," he said, "we just hang out at gatherings sometimes."
paragraph"right," tigerpaw mused, his tail tip flicking. "and we'll just pretend that you don't stare off over the border whenever you get a chance."
paragraph"i do not!" hornetpaw snapped, lowering his voice when dippernose glanced back at them, his ears pricked. tigerpaw waved the knight off, and hornetpaw lowered his voice, "i don't," he repeated. in response, tigerpaw mustered a laugh, giving hornetpaw no chance for a proper retort before he trotted ahead to catch up with dippernose and smallheart.

paragraphas the days passed, more reports came forward of patrols spotting strange cats in the territory. for the most part, tawnyrose and bluetcrest seemed unimpressed by the reports, brushing the incidents off as passing loners or rogues. softglow sat with the queen and her attendant when they discussed these matters among themselves, though he found it clear with each day that passed how immature the pair truly was, more concerned with their daily dose of sun than looking any further into the instances. when pressed, tawnyrose stated that they had more important matters to attend to - making sure that there was fresh-kill, that the thorns were being properly trained, that iguanakit would be given her rank as a thorn soon. while it was true that it all needed to be handled, softglow also found the queen's instance not to worry all the more troubling.
paragraphafter flickersky and hurricanejaw mentioned a fresh scent by the rose lake - a scent that they agreed was not groveclan - softglow found himself pacing in merlinsong's den, finding solace in the herbalist's company. any member of the clan, merlinsong included, would likely say that the herbalist was eccentric and strange. he had eyes that looked through a cat's pelt, and a laugh that was pitched, but his den was cozy and warm, even without iguanakit to keep it lively. in times of stress, listening to merlinsong talk and breathing in the thick air of herbs was a welcome retreat to softglow, who basked in it. "iguanakit keeps coming through to ask me who her mentor will be," merlinsong was saying while he sorted his herbs, either not caring or not noticing how softglow paced back and forth in the den. "i keep telling her that no one tells me anything, that i just sit here all day and talk to the gods, that i'm not interested in what the rest of you are doing out there."
paragraph"you say that like you don't do anything important for highgarden. you do," softglow argued, momentarily forgetting about his other stresses. "you do more than most other cats around here."
paragraphat that, merlinsong paused and sat back on his haunches. his eyes we half-lidded, lazy, and he regarded the king for a long moment. finally, he pushed aside a pile of leaves and nodded towards the empty space in front of him. "sit," he urged, "all of your pacing is making my fur crawl."
paragraphsoftglow obeyed the herbalist, taking the spot with a slight nod, then ducking his head to smooth down his chest fur. when merlinsong asked what was wrong, softglow hesitated for a moment, looking towards the den's entrance, as if to make sure that no one was lingering there, that there were no ears to hear his complaints and spread them. as far as he was concerned, there was already too much about him that was spread among the roses and knights. the fact of the matter was that rumors and half-truths spread quickly, that highgarden bred big mouths. merlinsong, however, was the one cat softglow believed he truly could trust. he was an outsider too. "it's tawnyrose and bluetcrest," softglow said quietly, looking down at his paws. "they don't like me, i get that. but i'm the king, and they don't seem to care what happens outside of the camp. all of the roses and thorns are seeing strangers on our territory, and it's dangerous. but tawnyrose - she neglects the big problems." softglow sighed then, dared to glance up at merlinsong, who was listening carefully, his head tipped slightly to one side.
paragraphat last, merlinsong rose to his paws and stretched, his spine angled and claws gripping the floor of his den. softglow met his gaze, curious, and merlinsong tipped his head towards the entrance. "let's go deal with it ourselves then. i need to gather herbs, and you have strangers to find," he said, heading out before softglow could say anything further. the king hurried after the herbalist, stammering:
paragraph"it could be dangerous, though, we shouldn't go alone," he argued, to which merlinsong laughed.
paragraph"alone? of course not, that's why you'll be coming too." softglow paused then, his blue eyes wide, though merlinsong pressed on, halfway across the camp. he glanced over his shoulder, waiting, and softglow hurried after him. together, they walked side by side out of the camp and to find the strangers that had been causing so much trouble lately.

paragraphafter leaving azedga, it had been storm who decided that the best move for he and prometheus would be to change their names, to try and find a new clan to call their own. the journey had been a long one, crossing through many territories until they finally happened upon the valley of roses. more than once, they caught scents of loners and passerbys, and it was also clear that a clan lived in the territory, and they ran into patrols more than once. when they were certain that they were encountering patrols, that this was a clan, they got together. it was prometheus' idea to take new names, lest they ever be tied back to their past. they couldn't yet trust these cats, though they were well-aware of the dangers that staying without a group posed. they had the advantage of sticking together, but that might also make them appear as a bigger threat to the clan.
paragraphso prometheus called himself birchflame, storm changed his name to clovershine. and so it was. they stayed back, watching the patrols, tried to understand these strangers. they discovered that the clan was small, unlike the larger clan they came from. they lived in the heart of the valley, it seemed, and they rarely crossed into the stretch of thin trees, though they frequented the surrounding patches of their territory. the cats appeared much different than the scarred ice nation cats they had come to know over the past seasons, and clovershine came to recognize several of the cats - a striped apprentice-aged tom, his black and white mentor, and a pretty ginger molly who carried her head high and commanded whatever patrol she was on. early on, clovershine realized that birchflame was keeping an eye out for the molly. when asked, birchflame shrugged his shoulders and brushed clovershine off, saying that he just thought she might be the leader. clovershine wasn't entirely convinced that was the sole reason.
paragraphthe sun was high when birchflame left clovershine, saying that he was going to hunt, that it would be better if they stayed apart, as there would be less of a chance that they would be seen. so clovershine stayed put in their hiding spot, venturing out only when the sun began to dip closer towards the horizon, still no sign of birchflame. the shadows of the sparse trees stretched across the ground like scars, warping the further the sun moved, and clovershine busied himself by keeping watch, waiting for his only remaining friend to return. movement caught the corner of clovershine's eyes, and he twisted his neck to see a lithe gray cat emerge from between the trees, and clovershine immediately tensed, prepared to run. the wind shifted, bringing the cat's scent across his muzzle, and it became clear that this was one of the clan cats. "you're on highgarden's territory," the cat called, his pale green eyes reflecting the setting sun.
paragraphinstead of replying, clovershine turned. while he trusted his fighting abilities, he doubted that it would work out well in the end. he didn't know what this cat was capable of, this cat who lived in this territory, who could return to the valley to bring the rest of the clan to hunt clovershine down. running, in that moment, seemed to be the most logical move. however, when he turned, he found himself face to face with another tom with brilliant blue eyes. "allow me to introduce myself," the second cat said, effectively blocking clovershine's path. he was outnumbered, outmatched. fear and uncertainty kept his paws rooted. "my name is softglow, and i am the king of highgarden. this is my friend, merlinsong," he said, nodding towards the darker gray tom, who came ever closer, trapping clovershine between the pair.
paragraph"what's your name?" the first cat, merlinsong, asked, and clovershine hesitated for a moment.
paragraphhis old name tasted sweet on the tip of his tongue, inviting him to say it aloud, but birchflame's words echoed in his head. it was better if no one ever knew where they came from. "clovershine," he said bluntly, his eyes flickering between the two highgarden cats.
paragraph"are you alone?" that was the king, softglow.
paragraphclovershine nodded. "yes, clearly."
paragraph"then why don't i believe you?" despite his name, softglow's voice was distant and cold, cutting into clovershine, accusing him.
paragraph"do you see another cat here?" clovershine hissed in return. despite himself, his tail lashed and he felt his fur began to bristle along his spine, defensive over his lie. he balked at the fact that a tom named softglow would accuse him of lying. however, before he could say anything further, birchflame's voice sounded through the trees.
paragraph"clovershine," birchflame called out, and the white tom felt the anger drain from his body as soon as it had come. birchflame carried himself with grace and poise, standing tall, his expression void of emotion when he approached his friend and the strangers. his gaze trailed across the highgarden cats, and he addressed them when he spoke next. "please excuse my friend. we've suffered greatly over the past several moons. it's made us wary of strangers," he said, and clovershine nodded, swallowing down the bitter taste of his pride. "my name is birchflame. we come alone, looking for refuge." in that moment, his glance cut to clovershine, who met it with his own gaze. it was a look that said trust me, play along, we'll talk later. it was a look that clovershine was inclined to trust.
paragraph"we can take you to see the queen, so you may present yourselves to her. if it is a home you're looking for, tawnyrose will decide if you are welcome," softglow said, and birchflame dipped his head.
paragraph"there is nothing that we would want more." and so they followed the king into the valley flourished with roses, and clovershine put his trust in whatever plan birchflame concocted along the way.

paragraphtigerpaw and hornetpaw lazed in the warm evening sun, their muscles sore from training, when iguanakit darted out of merlinsong's den and over to them. the small seedling skidded to a stop between the thorns, her tail sticking straight up, and she kneaded the ground with her forepaws, still panting when she began to speak to them hurriedly. "i think i found out who my mentor is going to be," she said quietly, just loud enough for her friends to hear.
paragraphtigerpaw and hornetpaw exchanged a quick glance, and tigerpaw sat up. "you've been saying this for the past moon. you've said every cat in the clan expect hornetpaw and merlinsong. you've even said that i'm going to be your mentor, and i'm not even a knight yet." behind tigerpaw, hornetpaw let out a laugh, though iguanakit huffed indignantly at her friends.
paragraph"i thought that tawnyrose was going to give you your name," she argued, sighing again when tigerpaw shrugged, unimpressed. "fine, fine, but this time i actually figured it out. i heard bluetcrest and hurricanejaw talking," iguanakit said, lowering her voice even further and glancing over her shoulder, which prompted hornetpaw to comment that her subtly was lacking. iguanakit sent hornetpaw a withering glance, then directed her attention to tigerpaw. "bluetcrest said that tawnyrose would give me my new name in a few days, that he would be training me."
paragraphsince the black and white tom's arrival, he had been rather quiet, speaking mainly to dippernose and merlinsong. mentions floated by of a mate and kits in another clan, though neither tigerpaw nor hornetpaw had the time or chance to properly meet hurricanejaw, or the two strange warriors merlinsong and softglow brought back. across the clearing, clovershine and birchflame were speaking in low voices, contrasting where flickersky and swiftheart were talking and acting out the events of their hunting patrol to smallheart and mapleshadow, the latter of which looking entirely unimpressed.
paragraph"you're sure?" tigerpaw asked, and iguanakit hummed happily, flashing a broad grin. "i'm happy for you," tigerpaw said, leaning forward to lick iguanakit between her ears, to which she backed away and swiped a paw in his direction. with that, the conversation shifted, and hornetpaw glance up at tigerpaw.
paragraph"any news about your assessment?" he asked, to which tigerpaw sighed and shook his head.
paragraph"no," he admitted, disappointment lining his tone. "smallheart said he talked to bluetcrest and tawnyrose earlier this moon, but he hasn't mentioned it since."
paragraphiguanakit padded forward and flopped down on her side next to hornetpaw. "are you worried?" she asked, blinking earnestly up at tigerpaw.
paragraphtigerpaw shuffled his forepaws and shrugged his shoulders, pretending to be nonchalant, though his nose wrinkled and the gesture was unconvincing. "a little, i guess," he murmured. "but that's natural, right? i wasn't even trained in highgarden. it would make sense that i would nervous, right?"
paragraph"sure it is," hornetpaw assured his best friend, reaching up to nudge tigerpaw's shoulder with his nose. "but you're ready. you're bigger than smallheart and faster than dippernose."
paragraph"and a better swimmer than hornetpaw," iguanakit chimed in, squeaking when hornetpaw nipped her ear. her tail lashed and she reached out a paw to bat against his nose. "hey - it's not my fault that it's true." the trio laughed softly, and tigerpaw broke the silence, looking down at hornetpaw.
paragraph"have you seen him recently?" he asked, rolling his eyes when hornetpaw glanced away and mumbled an answer. "it's not like it's a secret, we all know that he's the reason why you're so distracted all of the time."
paragraphtigerpaw opened his mouth to continue speaking, but hornetpaw stood up suddenly, his previous amusement gone. "just drop it, tigerpaw. we're just friends and i like talking to him sometimes. but he's from a different clan and it doesn't mean anything. alright?" he said, eyes burning. tigerpaw and iguanakit held their tongues, and hornetpaw turned towards their den, muttering that he was tired and going to sleep.
paragraphafter he was gone, tigerpaw and iguanakit shared a long glance, ending only when iguanakit stood and brushed past tigerpaw, headed back to merlinsong's den. "stupid tom," she muttered, and tigerpaw couldn't help but agree.

paragraphever since he left echoclan in the wake of the red plague, hurricanejaw sought a chance for something new, which he found in highgarden, but he also mulled over his past choices. he wondered if he did the right thing - leaving echoclan, that is - or if he should have stayed, or should have tried to find a way to make his life better without running away. the thing was, hurricanejaw had never seen himself as the type to flee. he thought of himself as steadfast, maybe a little headstrong, but sure of himself. after nearly two moons in highgarden, he accepted that his choice was his choice, that there wasn't any turning back, though his gaze remained set on the horizon even still.
paragraphafter softglow found clovershine and birchflame, the clan thought that the sightings of strangers would end, though flickersky reported spotting a small, thorn-aged cat by the old tower, and smallheart and tigerpaw both claimed seeing a group of cats on the way to the training hollow, though no one had gotten a close enough view. dippernose mentioned that hornetpaw had seen a smaller cat in the mother's ground earlier that moon, but nothing could truly be confirmed. however, after nearly a full moon of listening to the knights and roses talk about what they saw, tawnyrose decided to send out a patrol to find the cats and bring them to her, so that she could speak with them.
paragraph"what do you think tawnyrose is going to do with them?" that was flickersky, who bounded alongside birchflame, who flicked his ear. no on had been present for when tawnyrose, softglow, and bluetcrest met with clovershine and birchflame, though the pair had been announced to the rest of highgarden that afternoon, presented as new members. whatever happened then, hurricanejaw could only assume based on when he first met the queen.
paragraph"invite them to join, i'd suppose," swiftheart piped up from the rear of the patrol. ahead, dippernose pressed forward to lead the patrol. smallheart flanked the other side of the patrol, and hurricanejaw spotted him sniffing curiously at a bush, though he rejoined the group by the time flickersky spoke up again.
paragraph"maybe she'll chase them away. they've been staying in our territory for too long. they probably don't even want to join. if that's what they wanted, they could have done that by now if they weren't hiding," she said, shooting birchflame a sideways glance when the ginger tom snorted, though he offered no further comment, and flickersky didn't ask. with a flick of her tail, she picked up her paws to catch up wit dippernose, who disappeared over a gentle ridge. through the trees, the old tower came into view, and hurricanejaw felt his muscles tense under his fur, flushed with sudden anxiety. he urged his paws to move faster, to catch up with dippernose as well, motivated with the sudden need to see the cats before the others.
paragraphwhen they were gathered together, dippernose signaled with his tail, urging the patrol to be quiet. "you can hear their voices," he whispered, and the group quieted themselves. sure enough, a multitude of voices carried on the wind, and birchflame broke the silence.
paragraph"there are a lot of them," the tom said, and hurricanejaw could see him counting their numbers, comparing them to the possible number of intruders. flickersky guessed that there were four, smallheart guessed six, and hurricanejaw mentally concluded that there were at least eight - too many for their patrol to handle if it came to fighting. in turn, dippernose looked at his patrol and came up with the plan to send a cat closer to investigate. swiftheart stepped up, volunteering, though dippernose looked uneasy. before he could think of anything better, hurricanejaw offered himself, and dippernose narrowed his eyes slightly, but nodded.
paragraph"don't start any trouble," dippernose murmured softly, "see how many there are and come back." hurricanejaw agreed, and he was off. keeping his body low to the ground, hurricanejaw crossed through the field that led to the old tower, which had been, reportedly, empty as long as any highgarden cat could tell. that is, until hurricanejaw heard the voices coming from inside, and he pressed on through the entrance, which sloped inward to where the cats were gathered.
paragraphhe stuck to the shadows of the tower, in the corners where he wouldn't be seen as easily, and padded slowly through the spaces, until he saw the first flash of fur. indeed, the cat was small, hardly any bigger than iguanakit, and he realized that the cat must be apprentice-aged, until he saw several other smaller cats huddled together around a half-eaten mouse. then he saw the back of the first tom, younger than swiftheart, and another grooming a molly with a belly swollen, clearly pregnant. it was in the same moment when paw steps brushed the ground behind him, and hurricanejaw turned just as a body smacked into his. he found himself pinned on his back, face-to-face with a long-furred gray and white tom, who snarled in his face. "who are you?" the tom hissed, and hurricanejaw stared up at him, overcome with the sense that he knew this cat, had seen this cat before, that he should know exactly who this was. and then he heard her voice.
paragraph"hurricanejaw?" the strange tom twisted his head at the sound of his mate's voice, and hurricanejaw couldn't held the laugh that tore from his throat, oddly-pitched and near-hysterical. "is that you?" she asked, and her voice swam into view.
paragraph"maplelily," he breathed out in turn, feeling light-headed. "what are you doing here?"
paragraph"i could ask you the same thing," she said, and hurricanejaw turned his head as much as he could while under the tom's grip. hurricanejaw could see several other pairs of paws, and maplelily spoke up, "waveclan disbanded. newtmask, get off of him." hurricanejaw sat up when newtmask disengaged, and he looked out at the other cats with maplelily, surprised to find his kits looking back at him. as if reading his mind, maplelily continued, "we didn't have anywhere to go. we thought about echoclan, but everything happened so quickly. we wound up here, and we've been hiding from the clan that lives here."
paragraph"i left echoclan," hurricanejaw heard himself say aloud, saw the way maplelily's eyes widened, though he continued to look at his four kits. "it just wasn't for me anymore. but this clan took me in. they have a leader, she calls herself queen. i'm sure she would take you all in as well," he said, aware that the patrol was waiting for him, that he only had a matter of time before they came after him, to make sure that he hadn't been killed. if not for maplelily, he might have been. at last he met his mate's eyes. "i'l protect you. all of you," he said, sure of himself.
paragraph"tulipstream is due any day now," one of the other toms said, voice rough from where he was standing protectively in front of the pretty molly. bassflow, hurricanejaw recognized with a start, maplelily's brother. "do you have a medicine cat?" he asked, and hurricanejaw nodded.
paragraph"we do. please, let me help." again, he looked towards his kits, so small, with wary eyes still full of hope, hoping that he would bring them to a safe place. "let me take you to highgarden."

actions
[ added cats ] birchflame and clovershine x, maplelily's family x
[ consumption ] highgarden eats one big fish and two mice
[ gods visit ] tawnyrose asks the gods for a rose
[ kitting ] tulipstream is kitting. merlinsong uses x1 chervil. bassflow is her mate
[ rank changes ] iguanakit is old enough to become a thorn, her mentor will be hurricanejaw
tigerpaw is ready to take his assessment. if he passes, he will be named tigergaze
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose, bluetcrest, hurricanejaw, maplelily, smokemane, and flickersky hunt
[ hunting 2 ] softglow, mapleshadow, swiftheart, sunglow, and smallheart hunt
[ training ] hornetpaw, cougarpaw, racoonpaw, foxpaw, and wolfpaw learn how to hunt
[ notes to mod ]

queen
    tawnyrose, 25m, ♀
    the wayward queen

king
    softglow, 27m, ♂
    the lost king

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 29m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist
    merlinsong, 32m, ♂

roses
    mapleshadow, 41m, ♀
    maplelily, 35m, ♀
    flickersky, 23m, ♀
    swiftheart, 19m, ♀
    smokemane, 13m, ♀
    name, age, ♀
    notes

knights
    hurricanejaw, 37m, ♂
    bassflow, 35m, ♂
    newtmask, 34m, ♂
    dippernose, 34m, ♂
    birchflame, 26m, ♂
    clovershine, 23m, ♂
    smallheart, 23m, ♂
    sunglow, 13m, ♂
    name, age, ♂
    notes

thorns
    tigerpaw, 12m, ♂
    hornetpaw, 9m, ♂
    cougarpaw, 6m, ♂
    racoonpaw, 6m, ♂
    foxpaw, 6m, ♂
    bobtail
    wolfpaw, 6m, ♀
    bobtail
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            tulipstream, 27m, ♀
            - mates with bassflow
            - kitting: now
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            iguanakit, 6m, ♀
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x30
            mouse | x20 | 1 servings
            vole | x2 | 1 servings
            rabbit | x1 | 2 servings
            finch | x0 | 3 servings

mentors
            dippernose, hornetpaw, 1
            smallheart, tigerpaw, 4
            bassflow, cougarpaw, 0
            newtmask, racoonpaw, 0
            birchflame, foxpaw, 0
            clovershine, wolfpaw, 0
            mentor, thorn, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
Last edited by eagle, on Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ eight

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:17 pm

total 31
      servings 6
      xx
      xx

gods anytime
      kitting n/a
      injury none
      archive here

paragraphbassflow sat in the middle of camp, his eyes fixed on the entrance of the nursery, where he could make out tulipstream's pants, mingling with merlinsong's muffled words of encouragement. when tulipstream alerted her mate that their kits were coming, bassflow ran to find merlinsong, nearly trampling over his meal with softglow in the process, and he'd spent the time since pacing the length of the clearing, since tulipstream said that his anxiety was making her nervous, and merlinsong agreed that it might be better for him to wait outside. and so he watched while the day's patrols came and went, aware of time passing only as the sun slipped higher and higher and then began to lower in the sky. he had long-since been wondering just how long it was supposed to take, how long it was actually taking.
paragraphnewtmask had been sitting with him for some time, though he was called away by bluetcrest to join a patrol, though no one bothered bassflow. they knew that he wouldn't move until merlinsong came to tell him the news - not until he saw tulipstream again. so, when the herbalist finally poked his head out and beckoned to bassflow, he found it difficult to move his paws, instead stopping just outside the nursery. "how is she?" he heard himself ask, his voice raspy as it rattled up his throat. he found it impossible to swallow until merlinsong offered him a gentle smile.
paragraph"she did well," merlinsong assured, though his smile faltered for a heartbeat. "there were a few complications, one of the kits was having a tough time. but all three of them are well, though tulipstream will be a little weak for a few days, i can only imagine. she'll be well." at that, bassflow heard all he needed to hear - his beautiful mate was alive and well, their kits safe at her stomach. he brushed past merlinsong, who let him go without another word.
paragraphtulipstream's blue eyes reflected her exhaustion, though she smiled at bassflow when he entered, and he paused, his body freezing at the sight of the three kits waiting for him. tulipstream said his name, breaking bassflow from his momentary trance, and he moved forward to touch his nose to her forehead. "they're beautiful," he breathed out, and tulipstream laughed, tired but happy. at the edge of bassflow's eye, merlinsong moved towards the side of the den, giving the mates a moment to themselves, but still watching over the kits and queen, to make sure that they safe. though he knew so little about the herbalist in the short time his family had been in highgarden, he felt a wave of appreciation for him; he highly doubted that he and the others would have been able to help tulipstream if they had still been on the edge of highgarden territory, all on their own. without merlinsong, he might have lost his kits or his mate.
paragraphbassflow pulled back then, looking down at the three kits that were nestled in the curve of tulipstream's belly. it was a sight that was almost too good to be true, unbelievable that they were alive - all of his family from waveclan survived and managed to find a new home, a home where they would be welcome when they proved themselves. as if reading his mind, tulipstream ducked her head to lick between one of the kit's ears. "i want to name this one seedkit," she said softly, and bassflow felt himself nod. it fit their kits perfectly, he could tell. "merlinsong was telling me that highgarden doesn't believe in starclan like a lot of other clans. it's something we'll have to get used to."
paragraphat the herbalist's name, bassflow glanced back at the other tom who had been standing in the shadows, hidden from immediate sight. "what does highgarden believe in?" bassflow asked him.
paragraphmerlinsong stepped forward, into the thin rays of light that slipped through the thinning leaves covering the entrance of the nursery. "the faith of the seven is the most important, as each member of the seven represents a separate part of who we are. from the loving mother to the elusive stranger, we all hold the seven in us. together they make us whole," merlinsong explained, then shot tulipstream a warm smile. "though i believe you're naming seedkit after the other story i was telling you about." sure enough, tulipstream nodded with a smile of her own and bassflow shifted closer to her, settling in to listen to merlinsong. "the roses and flowers that fill the valley we live in are the most sacred, as it's said that the flowers grew where the mother walked when she led the first cats of highgarden to their destined camp. the flowers bloom after the spring flood, showing us when it's safe to return to our camp, that the hard part of the seasons have passed on." while merlinsong spoke, the kits seemed to shift, as if they were listening the entire time, though they were certainly too young to hear or understand anything happening around them. "however," merlinsong continued, "there's a single rose rumored to live deep in the mountains that shield our camp, and it will never die. that's how we know that highgarden will continue to thrive and grow. so long as the rose is there, blessed by the mother that protects us, this is our home and we will be safe."
paragraph"seedkit. because all flowers have to grow from seeds. even these sacred roses," tulipstream said when merlinsong had finished and bassflow smiled widely at his mate, feeling the warmth of pride and love spread through his body, from his whiskers to tail tip.
paragraph"i love them. i love you," he whispered, resting his forehead against tulipstream's.

paragraphas the small patrol led the two strangers into camp, birchflame led the way, beckoning clovershine to help him take the small molly and half-fed warrior to where he immediately spotted softglow sharing his meal with merlinsong. the king's bright blue eyes landed on the new arrivals and he rose to his paws as the pair of knights headed over. merlinsong continued to lie on the ground, his forepaws tucked neatly under his body, his eyes half-lidded as he took them all in. "my king," birchflame greeted softglow with a respectful nod, who return the acknowledgement silently. "we found these two towards the east while we were training our apprentices. they said that their clans have disbanded and they are looking for a new home," he said simply, flicking his tail.

wip wip wip

actions
[ added cats ] obsidianwing & warblerpaw x
[ consumption ] highgarden eats one big fish and three mice
[ gods visit ] n/a
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose, bluetcrest, betonypetal, maplelily, smokemane, and flickersky hunt
[ hunting 2 ] softglow, mapleshadow, swiftheart, sunglow, tigergaze, and smallheart hunt
[ training ] hornetpaw, iguanapaw, warblerpaw, cougarpaw, racoonpaw, foxpaw, and wolfpaw learn how to stalk
[ notes to mod ]

queen
    tawnyrose, 26m, ♀
    the wayward queen

king
    softglow, 28m, ♂
    the lost king

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 30m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist
    merlinsong, 33m, ♂

roses
    mapleshadow, 42m, ♀
    maplelily, 36m, ♀
    betonypetal, 25m, ♀
    flickersky, 24m, ♀
    swiftheart, 20m, ♀
    smokemane, 14m, ♀
    name, age, ♀
    notes

knights
    hurricanejaw, 38m, ♂
    bassflow, 36m, ♂
    newtmask, 35m, ♂
    dippernose, 35m, ♂
    birchflame, 27m, ♂
    clovershine, 24m, ♂
    obsidianwing, 17m, ♂
    sunglow, 14m, ♂
    tigergaze, 13m, ♂
    name, age, ♂
    notes

thorns
    hornetpaw, 10m, ♂
    cougarpaw, 7m, ♂
    racoonpaw, 7m, ♂
    foxpaw, 7m, ♂
    bobtail
    wolfpaw, 7m, ♀
    bobtail
    iguanapaw, 7m, ♀
    warblerpaw, 7m, ♀
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots
            tulipstream, 28m, ♀
            - mate: bassflow
            - kits: stagkit, seedkit, rabbitkit
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            stagkit, 0m, ♂
            seedkit, 0m, ♀
            rabbitkit, 0m, ♀
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x35
            mouse | x18 | 1 servings
            vole | x3 | 1 servings
            squirrel | x2 | 2 servings
            rabbit | x2 | 2 servings
            finch | x1 | 3 servings

mentors
            dippernose, hornetpaw, 2
            bassflow, cougarpaw, 1
            newtmask, racoonpaw, 1
            birchflame, foxpaw, 1
            clovershine, wolfpaw, 1
            hurricanejaw, iguanapaw, 0
            obsidianwing, warblerpaw, 2
            mentor, thorn, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

highgarden ♕ nine

Postby eagle, » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:22 pm

total 34
      servings 7
      pebbles 0
      xx
      xx

gods anytime
      kitting n/a
      injury none
      den decay 5m
      archive here

paragraph"let's start from the beginning," softglow said to break the lasting silence that settled over the group gathered together in the corner of highgarden's secondary camp. with newleaf coming, the clan had been quick to pick up their lives and move out of the valley in preparation for the coming floods. with tulipstream's small kits and the number of young thorns who still were learning how to swim - they all remembered hornetpaw's near-drowning - it was best for them all. with the move came the discovery of the three cats seated across from softglow, tawnyrose, and bluetcrest. tawnyrose sat in the middle, though she appeared more preoccupied with pulling a pesky splinter from between her pads to address the trio of strangers, and bluetcrest looked half-asleep, uninterested in actually assessing to see if these cats might be assets if they were to be accepted into highgarden. which left softglow to start the proceedings. "hurricanejaw said that he found you two," he said, glancing between the pair of toms, one large and dark, the other smaller with light fur. "and dippernose spotted you while he was training his thorn. where are you from?" he asked then, his eyes skimming over the molly who sat apart from the toms, though the question was left open for anyone to answer. when no one spoke, bluetcrest cleared his throat and leaned over to tawnyrose to whisper in her ear.
paragraphtawnyrose's eyes slid up to look over the three before landing on the small tom with wide blue eyes. "you," she said, making him jump, "what's your name?" she asked him. he shuffled his paws and seemed to shrink under the interrogation, and his bulkier companion opened his mouth, though tawnyrose sent him a withering glance. "i didn't ask you, i asked him. i'd like to hear him answer on his own." her voice was bored and monotone, and it was clear to see that she wished she was doing anything else in the moment. she tried again when the large tom hunched his shoulders, and softglow watched her eyes soften when she regarded the skinny cat again. "your name, hon, what is it? it's not a hard question." in the moment, softglow could almost fool himself that tawnyrose was actually kind, her tone becoming warm and welcoming whereas she had just shut up a cat twice her size not a heartbeat earlier.
paragraphfortunately, it seemed to coax the tom who looked between the queen and his paws before finally answering, "spencer."
paragraph"spencer," tawnyrose repeated, allowing a gentle smile to grace her maw when the tom - spencer - nodded. "has anyone told you who i am?" she asked him then, craning her head so that she was in his line of sight. at last, he met her eyes.
paragraph"the patrol said that we would be brought to meet the queen," spencer said, "so you must be the queen."
paragraph"i am. my name is tawnyrose. and it's very nice to meet you." when she introduced herself, spencer tried to duck his head shyly, though she held his gaze and ducked her head back into his sight. "your friend here, what's his name?"
paragraph"erasmus," spencer replied, this time with less hesitation, and tawnyrose rewarded him with another smile, which he returned.
paragraphsoftglow dared to shoot a sideways look to tawnyrose and bluetcrest. tawnyrose kept her gaze locked with spencer's, though bluetcrest met softglow's eye. the queen's attendant offered softglow the slightest shrug of his shoulders, clearing not having expected this behavior from tawnyrose either. this was an entirely new side of the queen that not even her best friend had seen yet. when this began, softglow was expecting her to act dismissive as she always had. but still, she continued, having picked spencer to continue speaking, "where are you and erasmus from?" she asked him, and spencer tried to look to erasmus before answering, but tawnyrose stopped him, "i'm asking you, hon, just tell me."
paragraphonce again, spencer shifted uncomfortably but was pulled back in by tawnyrose's green eyes. "we were part of a clan that disbanded," he explained, clearing his throat to stall, though the rest of the cats remained silent. off to the side, the strange molly kept her eyes locked on the floor, though softglow saw her brow furrow as if deep in thought. for the moment, however, softglow tracked his gaze back to spencer and erasmus. while spencer gave off a nervous energy, erasmus unnerved softglow, though the smoky tom seemed to only sour in expression. when he turned to look at softglow, the king met his eyes without blinking.
paragraph"what was your clan called?" he asked, feigning nonchalance. something prickled the back of his mind, like this was important information. he looked not to spencer for an answer, but to erasmus, and he felt tawnyrose shift beside him, suddenly interested. for a long moment, it seemed that erasmus might not answer until he finally let out a dark laugh.
paragraph"the kingdom of shattered bones," he answered, letting out another laugh. softglow could feel bluetcrest's eyes burning into the side of his head, though he was too enraptured by staring erasmus down, not wanting to look away first. indeed, the larger tom swung his gaze around the spacious den until he stared at tawnyrose. "i've heard of highgarden. you're friends with groveclan." though it seemed that erasmus looked to intimidate the queen, tawnyrose's expression morphed again, from the gentle look she gave spencer to coax him into speaking, to unimpressed and passe, as though the cat before her bored her. the effect was that the mighty tom's laughing stopped and he flicked his ears. "we kidnapped their kits. they came to get them back. our leader killed one of the kits. did you know that?" he asked her.
paragraphtawnyrose, to her credit, let out a bored sigh and went back to examining her paw for the splinter. "i hear a lot of stories. i hear that a lot of cats kill a lot of other cats. you think you're the first cat alive to have claimed to see a murder?" the word claimed was stressed when tawnyrose spoke, with clear intention. at that, erasmus bristled, though he stood only when he appeared to boil over, triggered when tawnyrose had the audacity to yawn. in that moment, several things happened: first, tawnyrose yawned. then erasmus snarled at her and stood up. in the next heartbeat, bluetcrest and softglow stood to defend their queen and the strange molly recoiled into the corner of the den and tawnyrose continued to examine her paw pad. finally, spencer managed to scramble to his paws and turned on erasmus.
paragraphspencer spoke frantically to erasmus while butting his head into the larger tom's broad chest. it was only when erasmus grunted and sat down that softglow and bluetcrest stepped aside at tawnyrose's order. "you call yourself a queen," erasmus spat with a flick of his ears, "i think you're pathetic."
paragraphthis time it was tawnyrose's turn to laugh. "you want to know what i think?" she asked, this time addressing all of the present cats, though it was clear that she wasn't searching for an answer, "i think that you've known about my clan for moons now. and you knew who our allies are. you knew, and yet you come here anyway. which means you either want me to send you to groveclan for them to deal with you, or you want something from me." with a thoughtful hum, she drew her paw over her ear, allowing for a beat of tense silence. "maybe you're scared. scared what groveclan would do if they found out where you are. maybe you're gambling that i won't turn you over to them. but why?" again, it was clearly a rhetorical question, and she turned her attention to spencer. "i think it has to do with you, my dear. he wants to protect you. it's too dangerous to be out on your own, so he brought you to me, probably hoping that i would offer you a place here. am i wrong?" she asked, glancing back to erasmus and humming again when he didn't meet her eyes. then, to spencer, she asked, "what's so special about you?"
paragraphwhen the silence pressed, it was evident that she was asking him to answer, and she didn't don her gentle persona with him this time. "i don't know," spencer admitted after a long moment, dropping his gaze to the floor, "i just healed his sprained paw once. i'm not special."
paragraph"you know how to use herbs?" she asked him, to which he nodded at the ground. at last, tawnyrose stood and glanced over the three. "good, merlinsong could use the help. our thorns like to get themselves into trouble." at that, she turned to softglow with a slight nod, "softglow, if you wouldn't mind introducing spencer to merlinsong when he gets back, that would be great. you two are good friends." then, she nodded to the other molly, "you - what's your name?"
paragraph"sagecloud," came the answer.
paragraphtawnyrose studied her a long moment before giving a slight nod. "welcome to highgarden. there's a hunting patrol leaving at sunset. go with them and we'll see what you can do." sagecloud blinked in surprise at tawnyrose, clearly shocked that she wasn't interrogated as fiercely as the other two, but nodded quickly.
paragraph"thank you, i'm very grateful for -" sagecloud began to say, only to be cut off by tawnyrose who flicked her tail.
paragraph"just pull your weight to show your thanks. you can talk to softglow or bluetcrest if you need anything or have questions." with that, she turned to leave, beckoning bluetcrest with another pointed flick of her tail. without hesitation, bluetcrest moved to follow her, though softglow paused, noticing the way spencer looked to erasmus, who had set his jaw.
paragraphjust as tawnyrose was about to step out of the den, erasmus spoke up, "and what about me? going to shove me off to groveclan?"
paragraphtawnyrose's smile was cold and her eyes glittered with mischief. "now where's the fun in that? like i said, there's a hunting patrol at sunset. but one paw out of place and i'll send you and him," she said, thrusting her nose at spencer, "to groveclan personally. welcome to highgarden."

paragraphhighgarden's secondary camp, in hornetpaw's eyes, was a definite downgrade from the camp he was used to. the old tower was an intimidating and ugly building that cast a long shadow over the central clearing. instead of being able to bask in the sun after a long leafbare, hornetpaw was left to shiver in the wake of the tower where tawnyrose and softglow had made their nests. back in the main camp, hornetpaw, at the very least, had the chance to relax after a long day of training by stretching out in the dying rays of sunset, but that was no longer afforded to him until the flood waters had receded. instead, the thorn was curled into a tight ball outside of the thorns' den, his nose tucked under his tail. he looked up only when a soft voice sounded above him. "you look cold," the voice said, and hornetpaw blinked up at warblerpaw.
paragraph"oh, hey. i guess i'm a little cold," hornetpaw said a little dumbly. admittedly, hornetpaw hadn't had the chance to get to know most of the younger thorns better. he knew iguanapaw from the earlier days of the clan, before hurricanejaw's family joined highgarden, before warblerpaw was taken in by a patrol. now, most of his time was spent training with dippernose or hanging out with tigergaze, smokemane, and sunglow. hornetpaw looked warblerpaw up and down before he noticed the bird at her paws, and he sniffed the air. "did you catch that?" he asked, searching for something else to say.
paragraphwarblerpaw smiled and nodded, nudging it in his direction. "i did," she answered, "and i was wondering if you wanted to share it with me." for a long moment, hornetpaw blinked up at her before he finally shrugged and gestured to the space beside him.
paragraph"sure, thanks," he said, and together they ate in silence, taking turns to bite into the bird until it was reduced to feathers and bones. after that, hornetpaw assumed that she would leave him alone so that he could return to his previous position of huddling in the cold shadow of the old tower. even still, it loomed above him as a reminder that he was not in the nest he liked so well. though their main camp was only a short walk away, the old tower continued to make hornetpaw antsy and wish for everything to return to normal. however, warblerpaw merely shifted to begin grooming her fur.
paragraph"you never hang out with the rest of us," she said, so casually that hornetpaw nearly disregarded the comment entirely until he caught her staring at him from the corner of her eye between grooming her chest fur. hornetpaw made a noncommittal noise, unsure what else she could possibly be expecting him to say. at that, she shrugged in turn. "i mean, you talk to iguanapaw sometimes, but racoonpaw says that you just don't like the rest of us. did we do something?" she asked, with the same tone that made hornetpaw dizzy.
paragraphat last, hornetpaw shifted his focus to grooming his ears, licking his paws and drawing them over his ears in long strokes while he considered what to say. "no, of course not. i've just known iguanapaw longer, and i'm just trying to focus on a few things. i'm prepping for my assessment in a few moons. i don't want to screw up." when he said it, hornetpaw couldn't shake the feeling that he was being truthful, but also lying at the same time. there was no reason why he couldn't be friendly with the other thorns as well as tigergaze, why he couldn't train but also make friends. when put so plainly, it didn't make sense, and hornetpaw winced at his weak excuse. at least warblerpaw had the grace to not say as such, instead raising her brow when hornetpaw coughed to clear his throat, "but i should try to be with you lot more. you're all fine and i like you all. i guess my head isn't in the right place." only days earlier, tigergaze mentioned that hornetpaw had been more distracted than usual, and hornetpaw couldn't help but agree.
paragraph"i mean, i think that's something you need to work out for yourself," warblerpaw said, letting out a yawn. "the others just wanted me to ask, they were scared you hated them or something." at last, she paused in her grooming to offer a genuine smile when hornetpaw shook his head vigorously and opened his mouth to argue. "i believe you." at that, hornetpaw ducked his head, smiling slightly at the ground. warblerpaw leaned forward to touch her nose to hornetpaw's ear in a comforting gesture. "whatever it is that's bothering you - whether its the assessment or something else - i think we should be friends, don't you? friends can be there for each other."
paragraphthe softness in her tone made hornetpaw wrench his head up to meet her gaze, but warblerpaw stood and turned away with a wave of her tail. "see you at training in the morning," she called over her shoulder and hornetpaw watched her go to where cougarpaw, racoonpaw, foxpaw, and wolfpaw were huddled together, clearly waiting for her return. immediately, the group brought their heads together to whisper, though hornetpaw caught warblerpaw's eye, and she winked at him.

paragraphwhen softglow walked into the herbalist den, he initially forgot that spencer had taken a spot of helping merlinsong with gathering herbs and taking care of any patients, and the king was momentarily startled at the sight of another cat sorting through the stacks of herbs that merlinsong kept in strict order so long as he had been in the clan. spencer, in turn, startled at softglow's unexpected arrival and nearly upended one of those piles that softglow recognized as marigold (or was it fennel? softglow couldn't be sure, though he was certain merlinsong had showed him before). after a heartbeat, however, the smaller tom's expression relaxed and he managed a small smile, "good morning, softglow," spencer said, and softglow nodded a curt greeting.
paragraph"hi," he said, already peering over the other cat for a trace of his friend. "i'm looking for merlinsong, is he here?" with the same meticulousness merlinsong always cautioned when in his den, softglow walked on his toes through the maze of leaves, not waiting for spencer's answer to take a look further inside.
paragraph"he mentioned that he was stopping by the nursery to check on tulipstream and her kits," spencer informed softglow, who halted in his snooping to look at the tom over his shoulder. spencer's eyes were wide, even when he didn't appear particularly startled or stressed in the moment, which made him appear incredibly innocent and kit-like, though he was full grown. the staring must have made spencer uncomfortable, however, as he tore his gaze away from softglow's and shuffled his paws. "i'm sure he'll be back soon, if you wanted to wait for him," spencer said to fill the silence that softglow was willing to let linger. however, he dropped his gaze and nodded once, stepping over the herbs the same way he came in.
paragraph"that's alright, i'll find him," softglow said, shaking his pelt out when he reached the entrance. he turned to leave, but paused for a moment long enough to glance at spencer over his shoulder. "thanks for your help," he said, catching the beginning of spencer's smile before he ducked out.
paragraphsure enough, when he reached the nursery, softglow found himself looking in to see merlinsong bent over tulipstream and her trio of kits who were sleeping against her belly. tulipstream spotted the king first and motioned him in, to which he offered a short greeting. "i'll come back to see them," he promised, "but i was wondering if i could steal merlinsong from you for a few minutes," he added when merlinsong hadn't yet turned to face him. however, at the sound of his name, merlinsong let out a hum and flicked his tail.
paragraph"i'll be out in a second," the herbalist said, and softglow recognized that it wasn't worth arguing with him. instead, he nodded more to tulipstream before backing out to wait outside of the nursery's entrance. just as he sat down to wait, bassflow came by with a mouse in his jaws. the bulky warrior blinked kindly at softglow before pushing through into the nursery to see his mate and kits. from inside, softglow could hear the muffle of voices before, at last, merlinsong appeared and fixed his gaze on softgow. "where are we headed?" he asked, then waved his tail as if to dismiss softglow's answer before he even had the chance to give one. "somewhere quiet, i'm assuming. this is something important, eh?"
paragraphdespite the nagging in his head, softglow couldn't help but let out a short laugh, "you could deduce that much just by looking at me? what if it isn't important?"
paragraph"please, you already know that you're not funny so just don't even bother trying," merlinsong scoffed with a roll of his eyes. he steered softglow away from the nursery, then out of the camp entirely. together, they began walking towards the distant windmill, where the spinning wheel continually creaked from the breeze that swept from over the mountains. the sounds of the camp steadily faded away as they walked, with merlinsong commenting on the weather, then on tulipstream's kits. he rambled on, and softglow was more than happy to listen to him until, at last, they settled under the windmill, where the creaking wood would drown out their words if anyone followed them and tried to eavesdrop. "okay," merlinsong said when he finished explaining the properties of poppy seeds, "what is it that you wanted to talk about?"
paragraphthough softglow knew that the windmill would protect them, he couldn't help but search the clearing with wide eyes, just as a final check that they were truly alone. with a sigh, he turned back to merlinsong. "what do you think of spencer?" he asked, not missing the slight tilt of merlinsong's head.
paragraphmerlinsong studied softglow's expression before wrapping his tail around his paws and blowing out a long breath. "you know there aren't a lot of cats i would let work with me," he said, to which softglow smiled and nodded his agreement. "he's a little skittish, i suppose, but he knows what he's doing. i'm not about to let him take care of tulipstream's kits, but that's just because he's new to highgarden. tawnyrose was right - i could use the extra paws now and then," merlinsong said, then flicked his ear, "why are you asking?"
paragraph"i don't trust erasmus," softglow heard himself say. he closed his eyes tightly and exhaled deeply. when merlinsong said nothing, softglow cracked his eye open and looked to his friend - his only friend, if he was being honest. "tawnyrose is planning to have bluetcrest keep an eye on him, but you know bluetcrest. he's - well, he's bluetcrest, he's just like she is," softglow said, feeling himself begin to panic. over the past few days, he ran over the meeting from spencer and erasmus' arrival over and over in his head and he tried to digest exactly what happened, but it still didn't sit right with him. "when he talked about his old clan, he laughed and it chilled me to the bones. he talked about the death of a kit, and he laughed, merlinsong. i don't trust him. and i don't trust bluetcrest to be able to handle it." the entire time, merlinsong simply sat back and listened. a long moment passed, and softglow's breath came rapid and heavy before his voice dropped to a whisper. "tell me i'm just crazy and paranoid."
paragraph"i don't think you are," merlinsong said, and softglow looked up at him, his breath still coming ragged. at that, the herbalist leaned forward to lick between softglow's ears in what he supposed was supposed to be a calming gesture. sure enough, the warmth of the herbalist's fur so close to his own made softglow relax, his shoulders slumping. "it's natural to be wary, and we all know that bluetcrest is... to use your words, bluetcrest is bluetcrest. he mimes tawnyrose's shadow and isn't the brightest, but they both want the best for this clan. as do you." in the moment, softglow could only mumble his agreement. "exactly. but if it makes you feel better, i'll keep an eye on spencer and keep him busy so he can't get up to anything. surely erasmus won't do anything so long as spencer is here."
paragraph"i hope you're right," softglow said with a heavy sigh. silence fell between them and softglow felt his nerves settle thanks to the creak of the windmill overhead.

actions
[ added cats ] spencer and erasmus from the kingdom of shattered bones x, sagecloud x
[ consumption ] highgarden eats one big fish and three mice
[ gods visit ] n/a
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose, bluetcrest, betonypetal, maplelily, smokemane, and flickersky hunt
[ hunting 2 ] softglow, mapleshadow, swiftheart, sunglow, tigergaze, and smallheart hunt
[ supply gathering ] erasmus and sagecloud
[ training ] hornetpaw learns how to swim
iguanapaw, warblerpaw, cougarpaw, racoonpaw, foxpaw, and wolfpaw learn how to fight
[ herb hunting ] merlinsong and spencer
[ notes to mod ] i ask that no one die on patrols though injuries are fine xx

queen (2/2)
    tawnyrose, 27m, ♀
    the wayward queen

king
    softglow, 29m, ♂
    the lost king

heir
    name, age, gender
    notes

attendant
    bluetcrest, 31m, ♂
    the wayward's attendant

herbalist (2/2)
    merlinsong, 34m, ♂ ✿✿✿✿✿
    spencer, 29m, ♂ ✿✿✿✿✿

roses (19/20)
    sagecloud, 45m, ♀
    mapleshadow, 43m, ♀
    maplelily, 37m, ♀
    betonypetal, 26m, ♀
    flickersky, 25m, ♀
    swiftheart, 21m, ♀
    smokemane, 15m, ♀
    name, age, ♀
    notes

knights
    erasmus, 41m, ♂
    hurricanejaw, 39m, ♂
    bassflow, 37m, ♂
    newtmask, 36m, ♂
    dippernose, 36m, ♂
    birchflame, 28m, ♂
    clovershine, 25m, ♂
    smallheart, 25m, ♂
    obsidianwing, 18m, ♂
    sunglow, 15m, ♂
    tigergaze, 14m, ♂
    name, age, ♂
    notes

thorns (7/10)
    hornetpaw, 11m, ♂
    cougarpaw, 8m, ♂
    racoonpaw, 8m, ♂
    foxpaw, 8m, ♂ bobtail
    wolfpaw, 8m, ♀ bobtail
    iguanapaw, 8m, ♀
    warblerpaw, 8m, ♀
    name, age, gender
    notes
            roots (4/10)
            tulipstream, 29m, ♀
            - mate: bassflow
            - kits: stagkit, seedkit, rabbitkit
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            stagkit, 1m, ♂
            seedkit, 1m, ♀
            rabbitkit, 1m, ♀
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted (0/5)
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x36
            mouse | x16 | 1 servings
            vole | x4 | 1 servings
            squirrel | x3 | 2 servings
            rabbit | x2 | 2 servings
            finch | x1 | 3 servings

den supplies
            brambles x0
            moss x0
            rocks x0
            sticks x0

mentors
            dippernose, hornetpaw, 3
            bassflow, cougarpaw, 2
            newtmask, racoonpaw, 1
            birchflame, foxpaw, 2
            clovershine, wolfpaw, 2
            hurricanejaw, iguanapaw, 1
            obsidianwing, warblerpaw, 2
            mentor, thorn, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
Last edited by eagle, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me