Staff Litter 2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter 2019 Discussion Thread

Postby Fae » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Seasonal wrote:Alright... I guess it's time to finally claim my pup! I've decided to name her Cici.

A lot of you were on the right track with my hints. My signature leads to my interests which leads to this group. It contains my two previous staff pups, which have floppy ears and a curled tail. The third dog has pointy ears, which is the difference this time around.

Fun fact: My staff pup also grew on day 2 and 22 last year. September 23rd is my CS anniversary, so today marks my 11th year with the site. c:

Has it really been 11 years already? Wow, how time flies. Your dog is super cute this year Seasonal!!
Still Searching For: UR Bee, UR Peach and PPS Bugs from 2021 to complete collection of Bwolves. Current Collection Up To Date As Of 12/01/23.

Seeking to complete collection; any missing Bwolves are on my WL and I will happily trade for them.

I trade FR Gems & Treasure for CS Pets on my WL or CS$; Msg or Send a Trade for Details

Malevolente is my sister; we trade sometimes and share an IP. Please don't ban us.
Fae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Edgar.Allan.Poe » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:05 pm

yuyasakakitomato wrote:
Yugi wrote:
catmother456 wrote:<snip>

Is this your pet @Yugi? Ever since I saw it, I think of a koi fish, and...

The Japanese saying “koi no taki-nobori” (“koi climbing the rapids”) reflects this too, in the belief that the carp is a spirited fish, so strong that it can fight its way up waterfalls, and through its strength and determination overcome all obstacles.

≛☣ General Chaos ☣≛ wrote:
Now for my quess and why...

The "someone close to my heart" hint yugi dropped got me.
Yugi's signature has a heart in it, if you click on it, it brings you to another profile. Click on the triangle in their sig and its this image leading me to believe full heartadly that this pet has to do with koi fish.

Which explains this picture (the fish) and this picture (the waterfall,) and if you look at koi pond they tend to have something like this. which explains the lyrics "We played hide and seek in waterfalls
We were younger, we were younger
We played hide and seek in waterfalls
We were younger, we were younger" in the song. Koi hide under those waterfall things.

This leads me to only have one pet that could be yugi's.
And its this one. The koi fish pet. ^^

limerence. wrote:Gonna try some guesses here!

I'm going to side with the few that have already posted and say this is Yugi's. Catmom brought up the Japanese saying koi no taki-nobori, which is about koi swimming up waterfalls (linking to the first card hint) and if they succeed they will become a dragon (linking to the second card hint) The song yugi wanted us to focus on has a similar vibe to the saying.

The detective work that you've all done is absolutely phenomenal; it is true that my hints were also playing on the Japanese waterfall koi to dragon legend! It's a tale that I've been told by my own family when I was younger, and it's certainly a story that I hold close to my heart to this day. I will also say though that the first card that I linked to has another clue left to unravel from it, but until my pup is grown, I won't spoil that for you all yet <3

Before I deny or confirm though, I just wanted to mention a couple of things:
1. Are there any other outcomes that also potentially remind you of koi? I noticed that there's two outcomes currently being guessed at the moment for my outcome, but I want to check to see if there's any other ideas now that I've at least confirmed the koi legend connection! I suppose you can never be to careful, yeah?
2. Yuyasakakitomato mentioned something really important about the song, Obstacles, as well! I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so perhaps visiting their post might be beneficial!
3. The image my girlfriend included has two clues present within it, though it appears that only one has been noticed. The second clue might further help chime you all in as to which outcome is mine!

Is the other hint in the picture, to do with the kanji or the character himself?- cos what I know the character is Akira Nishikiyama from the Yakuza games.

I also found a picture of his tattoo without the kanji- Image

hence I found out that "The red koi often has the connotation of love. Not just any love—a very intense love. A red or orange koi is a symbol for the mother of the family, and a red or pink koi is a symbol for a daughter. Red koi can also symbolize power and bravery, both common associations with the color red." -source Tatring.com

So maybe it's the colour of the koi fish?

This makes me still believe that this pup is yours Yugi! Image

EDIT: I also realised that the fish itself shares a similar feature- the fish has pink tail fins, as well does the pup's back feet.

Could be a coincidence tho.

I think this got lost 0.0
“𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔱!” 𝔰𝔞𝔦𝔡 ℑ, “𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔣 𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩!—𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔱 𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩, 𝔦𝔣 𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔬𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩!"
"𝔔𝔲𝔬𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℜ𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫 "𝔑𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢"

-Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven
Edgar.Allan.Poe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GatheringRosesInSnow » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:13 pm

(Sticks two CS birthday "1" balloons on Seasonal's pup - yay for 11 years!)

catmother456 wrote:We still have 10 staff/pups to identify -

Here are the remaining pups that need to be identified:

(Goes hunting for the breadcrumb hints and ends up tossing them into the water instead to see if we get any bites)

I'm leaning towards dust-puppy for Yugi's koi legend inspired pup. I dunno, the colours just make me think patterned koi, and the pattern could be taken as scales/koi colouring, or reminiscent of the rocks at the edges of some pools where they'd be hiding under shyly...

edits (also sad because I couldn't see some of the images before, but the dots on the central scales of the koi tattoo could they be hinting at the spots on the pup's feet?)
Last edited by GatheringRosesInSnow on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GatheringRosesInSnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yugi » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:17 pm

yuyasakakitomato wrote:
yuyasakakitomato wrote:-Snip-

Is the other hint in the picture, to do with the kanji or the character himself?- cos what I know the character is Akira Nishikiyama from the Yakuza games.

I also found a picture of his tattoo without the kanji- Image

hence I found out that "The red koi often has the connotation of love. Not just any love—a very intense love. A red or orange koi is a symbol for the mother of the family, and a red or pink koi is a symbol for a daughter. Red koi can also symbolize power and bravery, both common associations with the color red." -source Tatring.com

So maybe it's the colour of the koi fish?

This makes me still believe that this pup is yours Yugi! Image

EDIT: I also realised that the fish itself shares a similar feature- the fish has pink tail fins, as well does the pup's back feet.

Could be a coincidence tho.

I think this got lost 0.0

My sincerest apologies for the wait! I haven't been able to get online as of recently due to a last minute road trip, but I'm back now ^u^ Thank you kindly for bringing this back up; it's much appreciated!

And in all, the analysis you provided for the second clue in the hidden image of Nishiki was a fantastic attempt; I was surprised at how much you researched into it! Unfortunately, the exact clue that's present in the image still has not been discovered yet and that pup isn't my outcome either.

I will say that it's definitely not character specific; while I'm a big fan of the Yakuza series, Nishiki's character/personality does not influence my dog's design ^o^ It's something that's purely visual and doesn't require research into anything else be put forth into it!

GatheringRosesInSnow wrote:-Snip-
(Goes hunting for the breadcrumb hints and ends up tossing them into the water instead to see if we get any bites)

I'm leaning towards dust-puppy for Yugi's koi legend inspired pup. I dunno, the colours just make me think patterned koi, and the pattern could be taken as scales/koi colouring, or reminiscent of the rocks at the edges of some pools where they'd be hiding under shyly...

👀
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
xxx
x

Yugi | She/They | Biracial Asian
Digital Artist x 3D Hobbyist x Live2D Animator
xxx
Image Image
ImageImage
xxx
World's shortest cyberpunk 🤘

Daylight's not for me 。。。
That's why I'm nocturnal

ImageImage
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:30 pm

@Obius - here is Vampiric’s last hint

Aliria wrote:The current image in Vampiric's signature leads here.

Vampiric wrote:
Immerse wrote:We successfully moved the base further afield and we found what we were looking for all along. Water.

I can safely assume that our initial landing was off course due to a minor miscalculation, as this should be where we landed originally.. much closer to the water.

And it's so stunning, breathtaking beyond words! For a while, I had thought we may be on the wrong planet, but now we have reached this coastline, I am beginning to wonder if we simply landed on the smallest island imaginable. The coastline seems to go on forever, and the colour of the water goes from pale pink to a deep purple the further out it gets.
The dunes flank us on each side now also, and the creature I witnessed before did pass by again.. or at least another like it. Strange.. is it watching us?

But the water.. it's so clear, and beautiful. I can see vague shapes in the shallows; small creatures, vegetation, and other formations. I can't wait to explore beneath the surface!

Just as I was about to drop off to sleep, I heard noises coming from the water. It sounded like a chorus.. a song.. perhaps a group of oceanic lifeforms calling to one another. It was hauntingly beautiful. May whatever makes this music be passive to our presence.

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fae » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Detective Fae, on the case! The Hunt for Yugi's pup continues.

SEVEN SUSPECTS REMAIN

This Alien looking pup does not seem to belong to Yugi, and has a solid Alibi, according to Page 154 of my notes. DISMISSED.

Our recent sleepy friend was also summarily outsed by the owner of the pup in question.

Leaving us with 5 Suspects
ImageImageImageImageImage

Now, according to several hints that have been dropped (and I've mislabled my notes here) and due to my own suspicions, I will rule out a few (but not entirely)

ImageImageImage

Now, we all assume the Koi, however an earlier hint by Yugi (that I have lost in this long hunt of where it was mentioned) told us that a country that drinks a lot of tea was relevant, and so looking to the source of where Tea comes from as well as the suspicious ocean card hints, I suspect an outlier as Yugi's

THIS Pup is very flowery, which ties into a Japanese Aesthetic as well as into the Tea Ceremony, famous for it's Green Tea, Matcha. What color is the blossom of the Green Tea plant but WHITE which happens to be the blossom color on this pup. Many think this puppy belongs to Lacuna.... I think it is Yugi's.

Though my logic may be lacking. What do you think, friends?
Still Searching For: UR Bee, UR Peach and PPS Bugs from 2021 to complete collection of Bwolves. Current Collection Up To Date As Of 12/01/23.

Seeking to complete collection; any missing Bwolves are on my WL and I will happily trade for them.

I trade FR Gems & Treasure for CS Pets on my WL or CS$; Msg or Send a Trade for Details

Malevolente is my sister; we trade sometimes and share an IP. Please don't ban us.
Fae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:44 pm

I was just looking at that pup at a possible pup for Yugi as well for similar reasons. I was looking at the koi and the samurai and that pup has what looks like cherry blossoms and similar colors to koi. I agree with Fae that this is Yugi’s pup.

Edit:
And here are my guesses for the pup match up. I’m still going back and forth with Coalchaser, EmberWolf, Lacuna and Solloby, but I will put a guess down even though I’m still undecided about these. And honestly, I think it’s more likely all my guesses are way off, but maybe someone will see the error of my guesses and figure these out.

Bernouli - I’m not familiar with Zelda, but I have read there is a Dragon Ball Z and Zelda crossover, Breath of the Wild, and maybe that bell is actually a representation of a dragon ball, and this is a representation of a dragon or some other creature in that game

Coalchaser - this one I’m still not sure, but I will guess this one

EmberWolf - again, just guessing

Lacuna - I’m still trying to figure out your clues, so for now, I’ll guess this is yours
Image ===> Image

Nadine - there was several references about your pup finding your way home, perhaps lost in another galaxy. so your pup is maybe a space traveler, and so perhaps this is your pup. My second guess would be the pup that I think might be Lacuna’s
Image ===> Image

Saikiyo - I still think this mischievous lookking pup is your based on the w’s that keep popping up. and how sneaky you can be

Solloby - another one I’m still going back and forth with, so I’m going to guess this one.

Vampiric - I’m probably wrong, but I’m still sticking to my guess of this one

Yağmur - look at previous pups where some had line edits and some didn’t, and all but one had this tail, I’m going to guess this one. My. second guess would be the one I put down for EmberWolf

Edit 2:

Yugi wrote:
Snip

GatheringRosesInSnow wrote:-Snip-

👀

Seeing this makes me think General Chaos is onto something and my guesses need to be re-done again!
Last edited by catmother456 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Chaos » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Now for my second quess and why...

Yugi's signature has a heart in it, if you click on it, it brings you to another profile. Click on the triangle in their sig and its this image leading me to believe full heartadly that this pet has to do with koi fish.

Which explains this picture (the fish) and this picture (the waterfall,) and if you look at koi pond they tend to have something like this. which explains the lyrics "We played hide and seek in waterfalls
We were younger, we were younger" in the song. Koi hide under those waterfall things.

Adding onto this

I did a little more research on koi - color meaning and stories.
Fun fact, the color of Koi have meaning. A red or orange koi is a symbol for the mother of the family, and a red or pink koi is a symbol for a daughter. Red koi can also symbolize power and bravery, both common associations with the color red. Red is also connected with intense love. Is this important? Possibly.

I also decided to reverse search the koi image - which brought me here.
'The koi symbolizes strength and bravery. The fish is closely connected to the dragon, because there’s a legend about koi swimming up the Yellow River in China, passing through the rapids known as the “Dragon’s Gate,” and turning into a dragon.'

Im wondering if the wording in the tattoo has any meanin - but cant find anything on what it says.
So with what ive found, i believe that this is Yugi's pup.

It has a white underbelly, much like a koi would have and spots on its feet like they would have on their fins.
The orange/red line symbolises the Yellow river in China (hence the hint about the country,) and possibly the red of the koi in the tattoo.The back looks like it has a star like design on it, symbolises when the koi finally reaches the top of the river and assends into a dragon.

ღ trades welcome
ღ probably reading

General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KryativeLotus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:42 pm

ImageImageImage

These are all Coalchaser's

I feel like this one: Image fits their style? Idk i'm running on caffeine at the moment hehe

Also did anyone claim this pup? Image
STAY KRYATIVE
CALL ME KRYS!

KryativeLotus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GatheringRosesInSnow » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:05 pm

≛☣ General Chaos ☣≛ wrote:
Now for my second quess and why...

Adding onto this

I did a little more research on koi - color meaning and stories.
Fun fact, the color of Koi have meaning. A red or orange koi is a symbol for the mother of the family, and a red or pink koi is a symbol for a daughter. Red koi can also symbolize power and bravery, both common associations with the color red. Red is also connected with intense love. Is this important? Possibly.

I also decided to reverse search the koi image - which brought me here.
'The koi symbolizes strength and bravery. The fish is closely connected to the dragon, because there’s a legend about koi swimming up the Yellow River in China, passing through the rapids known as the “Dragon’s Gate,” and turning into a dragon.'

Im wondering if the wording in the tattoo has any meanin - but cant find anything on what it says.
So with what ive found, i believe that this is Yugi's pup.

It has a white underbelly, much like a koi would have and spots on its feet like they would have on their fins.
The orange/red line symbolises the Yellow river in China (hence the hint about the country,) and possibly the red of the koi in the tattoo.The back looks like it has a star like design on it, symbolises when the koi finally reaches the top of the river and assends into a dragon.

have just been reading up, the writing appears to be the tatooist's mark/signature, (as it's the same as on the character's friend's tattoo as well) - quite an interesting read too, as with the Rugby World cup going on was interested to learn a little more about the cultural taboos about Japanese ink :) - I don't think the inked name has any bearing on the design though going by what Yugi inferred in a couple of responses to our guesses though :)

(edits again) takes another peek at the pup and wonders - I'm used to thinking of Chinese dragons, so the comment I was just reading about the Japanese dragon having THREE claws rather just came to mind. The pup has three cleanly outlined toes and well if it's going to transform into a koidragon :D ...
GatheringRosesInSnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me