Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Blueberry » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:39 am

Schuyler wrote:
sugar free. wrote:Do you guys have any customs? If so, I wanna hear some backstory :> I've seen many customs but don't really know the inspiration and what you did to earn it :P

Pet's name: Äðwchrámhḿ

This boy is the main deity for a fictional species I've been developing, but I haven't worked out many of the details yet, so I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that right now -- my general idea is that the society has a myth that there was once a terrible winter causing everything alive and beauty to perish and Äðwchrámhḿ did [something] to end it. In doing so, he gained magical powers and immortality, becoming the spirit of warmth, sunlight, fire, and ultimately life.

... As you can see, I have a lot still to figure out, lol. The species itself supposed to be a highly intelligent and civilized cross between a dinosaur and an eagle; you can read some of my brainstorming about them here if you like. Äðwchrámhḿ roughly means "one bearing or embodying everlasting fire/soul/life force" in their language.

That’s really fascinating! Not to mention, Äðwchrámhḿ is gorgeous!

You said you were developing a species based on Äðwchrámhḿ. Does that mean you’re writing a story? Or are you going to create a website similar to Chicken Smoothie/Flight Rising? (Sorry if this question is too invasive.)
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Coffee; wrote:
Schuyler wrote:
sugar free. wrote:Do you guys have any customs? If so, I wanna hear some backstory :> I've seen many customs but don't really know the inspiration and what you did to earn it :P

Pet's name: Äðwchrámhḿ

This boy is the main deity for a fictional species I've been developing, but I haven't worked out many of the details yet, so I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that right now -- my general idea is that the society has a myth that there was once a terrible winter causing everything alive and beauty to perish and Äðwchrámhḿ did [something] to end it. In doing so, he gained magical powers and immortality, becoming the spirit of warmth, sunlight, fire, and ultimately life.

... As you can see, I have a lot still to figure out, lol. The species itself supposed to be a highly intelligent and civilized cross between a dinosaur and an eagle; you can read some of my brainstorming about them here if you like. Äðwchrámhḿ roughly means "one bearing or embodying everlasting fire/soul/life force" in their language.

That’s really fascinating! Not to mention, Äðwchrámhḿ is gorgeous!

You said you were developing a species based on Äðwchrámhḿ. Does that mean you’re writing a story? Or are you going to create a website similar to Chicken Smoothie/Flight Rising? (Sorry if this question is too invasive.)

Not exactly either. What I'm doing is creating a conlang (constructed language -- think Klingon, Elvish, Esperanto, etc.). And this eagle/raptor cross thing was an idea I had been sitting on for a while that was originally going to be for just one OC, but then I decided to start developing it as the species that would be speaking the language because I needed a world and culture to go along with it. If that makes any kind of sense. The page I linked to for the species is actually part of the website I set up to organize my ideas for the language, so if you click around on the other pages there, you can check out what I've got so far.

I do have the thought to try writing some stories and/or poems about or as part of their culture once I have more to work with, but for now I'm just having fun and don't have anything concrete planned. c: I also often have trouble coming up with creative lore (hence the many gaps in Äðwchrámhḿ's backstory) and am mostly focused on the language, so I'm not sure how much I'll actually get around to developing for the species, but you never know. An adoptable site for them would be awesome, but I'm afraid my artistic and coding abilities aren't anywhere near the level they'd have to be at to pull something like that off. :'D
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Owlmania » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:26 am

how much time do you spend on CS?
—————————————————————————————————————

Storage

—————————————————————————————————————
Owlmania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby floralwisdom » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:29 pm

For the staff who have designed/created pets, are there any specific types of pets you particularly like designing(i.e special releases, Halloween/Christmas pets, pets for the summer events, etc.), and why?
on hiatus
floralwisdom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby calculator » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:46 am

any cs artist,
    how does the approval process work for your designs? i assume you don’t just get to upload them, and have you ever had designs denied that you really liked?
calculator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheForumFairy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 pm

For any admin, but possibly someone with the power to make this desicion.

Have you considered making an admin who's job is to just make items rather than pets? I'd love more items!
TheForumFairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Kesidi wrote:To Anyone

Hello, I was just reading Tess's article about custom pets. And so far the only custom pet I have seen was Lilian Nightshade's so my "question" is: if you have a custom pet can you show it to us? Thank you soo much. You're all awesome.

He's my late bunny Mucki who crossed the rainbow bridge years ago.
Since we don't have a chinchilla Dutch coloured bunny on CS and I also don't have any kind of fursona, I wanted him as my custom. <3

I kinda miss his adorable first stages now and then, so I added his baby stage to my trade rules.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tendo64 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:31 pm

To anyone with a custom:

Is it possible to trade customs? Not that I'm asking for one, but just curious since I've never heard of a story where a custom was given away if a former staff member, say, quit the site. But then again, maybe it just so happens that nobody who ever had a custom traded it away.
ImageImageImage
Tendo / Charlie + FTM + He / Him + Adult

Hi, I'm Tendo! I like M🌎THER, Super Mario, and 2000s rock.
I spend most of my time drawing cartoons and writing music.
Mostly on here to manage my user-made adoptable, Sweetens.
My signature doesn't match on purpose lol
i like the funny sad robot boy from mother 3 he's silly
Original creator and co-owner of Sweetens

UMA Toyhouse | Interests
ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Tendo64 wrote:To anyone with a custom:

Is it possible to trade customs? Not that I'm asking for one, but just curious since I've never heard of a story where a custom was given away if a former staff member, say, quit the site. But then again, maybe it just so happens that nobody who ever had a custom traded it away.

DaDwarf wrote:Are customs trade-able?
Yes and no. Customs are basically like regular CS pets, they can be traded and have items added onto them. A custom is usually a special pet with special meaning and thus, the users who own customs won't trade them. Please don't ask for customs if you find one, even if it's in an unlocked group!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minaethiel » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:13 pm

To anyone:

What, would you say, is the hardest part about being part of the staff on a site with so many people?
Lion of the Day
Lion Collection Complete As Of 12/31/19

ImageImageImage
Mods, my sister is Librascal, and we both share an IP
Minaethiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me