one x one - buckskin. Perfect Polish

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: one x one - buckskin. Perfect Polish

Postby Perfect Polish » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Kodi lead the gray stallion into the stall, circling him around before sliding the halter over the young horses head to allow him freedom of stall movement. The male exited the stall, sliding the door shut and checking the latch was secure. He once had a Quarter horse gelding who loved to open doors. Since then Kodi always double and triple checked. "Ah this old girls Everlaster. Shes the mare I actually learned to ride on. Shes become a bit of a barn icon now, welcomes everyone and everything" he said stroking the large blaze of the gigantic 19hh mare. "Dad will never get rid of her and she'll live out the rest of her days here" he added offering the mare a small apple treat from his jeans pocket. Ever gently lifted it from his palm before chomping down on it. "Imma leave you here for a second, while I go grab Jazz. You can get any of your tack and feed and put it in that room over there" he gestured to a large room filled with large black buckets of feed, boxes of brushes, and large western saddles. Kodi walked out of the barn and untied Jazz from the post. He led the blue roan stallion in and tied him in cross ties. The brunette proceeded to loosen the girth and slide the large Billy Cook western saddle with the patterend saddle pad off the horses back. Kodi finished untacking the roan stallion and then led him in the stall next to Sparky. Hopefully the gelding and the stallion would get along next to each other. Turning back to her, hoping she had finished getting her sable stuff in, Kodi said "If your finished we can go inside and cool off." The summer heat could get a bit much sometimes but the house was nice and offered an escape from scorching weather.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:49 am

Brylee gave an nod as she listened to him speak about the old mare, "She's absolutely gorgeous." she complimented before giving the mare a final pat and stepping back. If she could, she would stand there and pat the gentle giant all day but there were things to be done, one was unpacking all of her horse gear and feed. With her were two fitted jump saddles, two all purpose saddles - one for each boy - five different bridles, a small handful of assorted bits she had collected through out the years, two other halters that didn't come on the horses here, a bag of neatly folded rugs and saddle pads and of course, several different sets of boots (splint, brushing etc). It was quite the collection but she would defend herself to the end if need be. She needed two different types of saddles for each horse, the jump saddles was for mainly showing whilst the older All Purpose fit either horse nicely and could be used for anything from casual schooling to swimming at the beach. It was the same story with the bridles, plus all the bits were there just in case she needed to change them up or if someone needed to borrow one. "That might be a good idea for me to actually get some stuff sorted." she agreed before heading back out to the float, she was going to start with the feed as it was important that Sparky got fed his special diet each morning and afternoon. Believe it or not, he could be even hotter if his feed wasn't regulated carefully. By the time the young man had sorted himself and his horse, Brylee had moved most of her gear into the tack/feed room but opted to leave the stuff that she didn't immediately need in her float. Of course, it was all organised neatly even in the float itself but it was going to stay there for now. So when Kodi approached her asking if she was finished, the young lady nodded "Oh yeah, cooling off sounds real good." she joked lightly before closing up the float.

(sorry this is gross and im rambling, I just wanted to get a reply out <3)
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:21 am

Kodi checked that Jazz's stall door was latched as well. "Alright then, follow me" he said leading her out of the barn. The male let out a whistle and the blue heeler cattle dog fell in step behind the two individuals. The house was a two story white farm house; a wrap around porch held a two person swing which was really nice on cooler afternoons. Kodi sometimes would sit outside with Jaxx at sunset as it was peaceful with just the sound of birds, cows, and horses. He held open the front door for Brylee, gesturing for her to enter. "Ladies first" he added. "This is our home. Both our bedrooms are upstairs. You have your own bathroom in your room and feel free to set it up however you want" he added. "Our goal is to make sure your right at home here." Kodi then walked into the kitchen where a tall white refrigerator stood. Taking two glasses, he added ice and then water before handing one to Brylee and sitting down at the circular oak table.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Brylee followed him after giving a nod as a reply, she felt as if people didn't always need to talk and it could be nice to simply just walk together. As they approached the house, she took a moment to take it in. It was a nice building, perhaps a little older but a classically aesthetic appeal to it. This was one of those houses she pictured to be on a TV show set, well, here, and a part of her thought about how her brother dearest would get a kick from her living in a place like this. That reminded her, she needed to call him like she promised she would. What time would it be back home? What was the time difference? Brylee found herself stuck in though for a brief moment before coming back to reality as the young mans voice intruded her thoughts. Looking up at him for a moment, the young woman offered a smile "Well aren't you polite." she commented lightly as he opened the front door, stepping into the unfamiliar home with his following behind her. She simply nodded as he explained what was going on, frankly feeling a little bit overwhelmed but followed as he essentially led her into the kitchen "I have to say that this place is so nice." she complimented before sitting down across from him at the table.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Kodi glanced at the woman's face as she followed him into the house and noted the slightly overwhelmed look. As they sat down at the table he said "Sorry, this is a lot. I really hope I'm not rushing you or anything. I can be a little straight to the point sometimes." Kodi couldn't imagine what it would be like to just up and leave home to move not just to another city but to a whole other country. He himself had barely survived moving from here to Texas A&M University and had come home every weekend until eventually dropping out. "Thank you" he added towards her comment on the house. It had been here for years and probably needed some repairs here and there. "What home like for you? I've been telling you all about here but hardly know much about yourself besides your name and horses" he laughed. If he was going to be spending a whole year with her, he aught to get to know her.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:04 pm

Brylee took a sip of the water he had set out in front of her, shaking her head as he apologised "You don't need to apologise, its a necessary evil to get everything sorted straight out." she paused for a moment as she rested the glass back in the table "Hell, I'd rather know now than five months down the track." she joked in an attempt to reassure him. Maybe she had just gotten lucky, but the vast majority of people she has met had been rather pleasant to deal with. Admittedly, at the start she wasn't sure if she had made the right decision moving over here but everything seemed to falling into place. At his next question she took a moment to decide on what exactly to say "I guess I could say I'm Sparky but with a lot more common sense." she joked before continuing "Nah, I grew up about an hour west of Canberra, Australia with my older brother. Ahh, mum was a show jumper and dad trained dressage horses so I really had no choice from the get go. My dad used to chuck me on ponies he had in for training from as young as about seven if he was too big for them, so I learnt to stick to the saddle pretty damn quick, got into show jumping and all that and moved over here about a year ago." she gave him the basic run down and included a small handful of fun facts. Her father really did put her on the quieter breakers he was too big for, despite her mothers objections. "Sorry if you've already told me, but do you compete in anything?" her question was partly to keep the conversation going, she was rather enjoying speaking to him.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:52 am

Kodi listened as he drank the water from the glass. So she came from a line of equestrians. Show jumping and dressage had always seemed like a lot of work for him. Remembering patterns and combinations. A small laugh escaped as she told him about being stuck on training ponies. His dad had stuck him on old Erica out there and then quickly transitioned him towards quarter horses the family bred. He also had been known to try to climb on the cows from time to time in his younger years which was what go him into bronc riding. "Rodeos mostly. I do a lot of cow work, roping, cutting that sort of thing. I a"lso have a barrel horse which a dabble in from time to time. That's more of my sister's thing though. We also breed Quarter Horses so I've done some halter showing too" he said. Kodi had four other siblings; two twin girls around 15, a little brother that was around 10 and a baby sister who was two. All in all a pretty large family. "Oh and I bronc/bull ride" he added with a grin. That one usually caught people off guard.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:37 pm

The young woman gave a smile and a nod as he answered her question, but couldn't help but feel slightly side-tracked by her own feeling of being slightly displaced. She hadn't competed in almost three months, had barely had anytime to train her boys over fences (which in hindsight may be a contributing factor to Sparky's attitude) and was generally missing some of the aspects of home. But still, she was enjoying her time over here and she knew it was going to be worth it in the long run. "It sounds like we've had never different experiences in the industry." she commented lightly before taking another sip of the cool water, a topic had come up she could relate to "You have a sister?" she asked curiously as she shifted her weight in her seat to something more comfortable. When he told her that he rode broncs and bulls, she raised an eye brow "You don't smoke do you?" she joked "All the bronc and bull riders I know back home smoked and I couldn't stand it." he was no stranger to that crowd, growing up in a small town there was no shortage of those types of people. It seemed that most of them tended to be pretty hubris in nature, not something she was apposed to but it could get a little excessive.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am

Kodi shook his head. "Nope on the smoking, I don't like it either" he said. Many people around here tended to either smoke or chew tobacco, including some of his older family members but Kodi had never found it appealing. He had tried once back when he had turned eighteen. Many of the older boys on the circuit had pressured him until he gave in. It all ended in a coughing fit and forever teasing but Kodi ignored it. "Yeah I actually have four other sibling. Two twin sisters, a little brother, and baby sister" he said giving her the details on their large family. "All of us ride too" he added. Riding had been a large part of the family bonding that they all shared.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:35 pm

Brylee offered a smile "Well puts you a little higher in my books." she joked, giving a small laugh before taking another sip of her water. It was a cold relief to the stinking hot weather that hung around outside of the safe coolness the house held. She had to admit to herself that she had smoked a couple of times, mostly when she'd been drinking but the peer pressure culture back home was what had pushed her into doing it. Her brother was a social smoker but always pushed her away from the idea, good thing she listened to him otherwise who knows. After hearing that he had four siblings, she breathed out loudly "Thats a big family in my books." she paused for a minute "Sometimes I hated having a brother so I can't imagine how you feel from time to time."
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me