:/How to get rares without trading

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

:/How to get rares without trading

Postby Bikweeb? » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:19 pm

I have been wondering how do you get Rares,very rares,going forward without trading through another player?
Last edited by Bikweeb? on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image HAI!!!
Image Image Image Image
Click my eggs please
Bikweeb?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to get rares without trading

Postby Bikweeb? » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Bump
Image HAI!!!
Image Image Image Image
Click my eggs please
Bikweeb?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ylisstol » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:20 pm

you could get lucky at the pound! thats one way anyway. or you could see if users are giving away pets for free. But trading is probably the easiest way uwu
Last edited by ylisstol on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If they get back in touch, if you talk to Rose, just tell her- tell her... oh, she knows."
Hi, I'm Jingle! she/her.
I am a furry, a whovian and a catgirl.
I also have MANY opinions about Fire Emblem.
My trades and dms are always open!
ylisstol

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MazdaTiger » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Buy them at store or make an effort towards events
ImageImage ImageImage
MazdaTiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: :/How to get rares without trading

Postby Bikweeb? » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:20 pm

bump
Image HAI!!!
Image Image Image Image
Click my eggs please
Bikweeb?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oh heck » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:21 pm

raffles, and player pounds! some players give out rares just to be kind
ry she/her
⦿⏥⦿
oh heck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bikweeb? » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:27 pm

wait so the origin of rares are through the pound and events, is that where they come from?
Image HAI!!!
Image Image Image Image
Click my eggs please
Bikweeb?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oh heck » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Bikweeb wrote:wait so the origin of rares are through the pound and events, is that where they come from?

the pound has pets that are from users who have gotten banned, or donated

the rarity depends on how much of a pet there is, back around when cs was older you could still adopt pets(?) and not many users were around to adopt those pets which makes em rare now. that's where they originate from!

(i'm assuming lolol-)
ry she/her
⦿⏥⦿
oh heck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Bikweeb wrote:wait so the origin of rares are through the pound and events, is that where they come from?

A pet's rarity is determined based on how many copies of a given outcome exist in the game, compared to how many active accounts the site has. Basically, a pet that is very common is so abundant that there's enough of them that, theoretically, every player could own one. Rare pets, on the other hand, are scarce enough that there aren't enough of them for everyone to own one.

A lot of factors affect a pet's possible rarity. To start with, there's the initial chance of getting an outcome from your adopts. An outcome can be set to have a low chance of growing from a newborn, which would make it more likely for many people to miss it.
    The age of a pet is also influencing the rarity. Older pets tend to become scarcer because users stop playing, and their accounts with all their pets become inactive. Additionally, more new players will join who were never around to adopt those old pets.
    Some pets, like several types of event pets, are rare or uncommon because users had to put in effort to obtain them, and not everyone has the time to collect a full event set.

You could somewhat categorize rares into three categories (that often mix) based on how you obtain them: event rares, monthly rares, and old rares.
    Sometimes there are rare outcomes from regular monthly litters. It doesn't happen very often (usually we at most get some uncommon outcomes), but occasionally a pet's growth chance is so low that it just turns rare right away (or really quickly). Any user has the chance to have this pet grow from one of their adopts, you just have to get lucky.

Event pets from our banner hunt events (Easter, Summer, Halloween) often turn out uncommon and rare because of the effort involved to get them. Many people don't get full sets, and those who do may not be able to get doubles for trading away.
    These may be some of the most easy to obtain rares: The basic concept of those events is simple (find a hidden banner on the site, get event currency from it, trade the collected currency in for a variety of prizes), so just participating and getting any of the non-freebie adopts means you have a good chance at owning something rare.

Pets slowly turn more rare as they get older, so if you accumulate old uncommons, there's a good chance they'll eventually turn rare. Your best bet is with uncommons from 2010 and 2011.
    These pets weren't initially rare when they were first released, but they're simply so old that they're not common to find any more.

The best way to obtain already released rares without trading for them is, in fact, through the Pound or other users' free adoption groups. Because the Pound is a feature that lets users adopt confiscated and donated pets that once belonged to other users, it means there's a lot of old stuff in there! It's not so much that they came from the Pound, as the Pound is just a "holding" account - but it's one major way of re-distributing existing pets without trading.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me