【PROMPTS】

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 【PROMPTS】

Postby Placebo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:23 am

Username: Placebo
Link to guild: The Ryft
Character used in prompt: Antioch (x)
Prompt:
    Antioch's always found something oddly soothing about building things up and making things with his paws. When asked about his favorite hobby, he used to default to cooking, because, really, who doesn't like something good to eat? It was one of the one things he learned from both his mother and father, both willing to teach him a skill that didn't require any sort of magic, and their small tips and tricks allowed him to work towards the proficiency he has today. But in all honesty, cooking has always been a bittersweet task to focus on. When necessity calls for it, he'll make a dish to fill his and his guild's stomachs, but it's difficult to find full joy in a task he used to cherish doing alongside his mother and father, when his older siblings were out practicing magic that was always just outside of Antioch's reach. And when his father started to get sick, cooking became a task he would do to alleviate his father's work around the house. And when his mother retreated into herself in her grief, cooking became a task he would do to make sure that she would eat.

And when he set out on his own, cooking became a desperate necessity that stopped him from going to bed hungry.

Cooking can never bring him the same joy that it used to, but the one pass-time he'd say brings him the most... satisfaction, one would say... would be crafting furniture.

Antioch's father, before anything else, taught him the importance of crafting things by hand. Though a merchant by trade before settling down with Antioch's mother, he made what he sold, and took pride in his ability to do so. Antioch's father taught him how to create furniture (other things too, but mostly furniture), to put it bluntly. From start to finish, his father imparted to him every possible nuance connected to making high quality, practical pieces of woodwork, and Antioch soaked it all up like a sponge. Even after his father became sick, he still taught Antioch through words rather than practice.

No matter what he seems to face nowadays, Antioch finds nothing more soothing than the methodical movements of sanding down wood.

It definitely doesn't hurt that making his own furniture cuts down on costs. And he'd swear up and down that what he makes is far sturdier than anything he could buy.

Character used in prompt: Orontes (Hama)
Prompt:
    Hama purred as he licked the juices of the cooked chicken Antioch cooked for him off his paws. The market was bustling around him, like it always seemed to be, and his dark eyes carefully tracked those that passed by. Cats of all different colors, shapes, and sizes, as well as anything they carried with them, passed in a cacophony of sounds.

"Hama! Please stop wandering around. I don't want to have to find you when it comes time to leave."

"Wait, wait, wait. Look at that guy." Without turning his head towards his new guardian, Hama motioned Antioch over to sit beside him on the bench. As discreetly as he could, he tilted his nose to one of the cats in the crowd.

"The one in the blue cloak?" "No, no. The guy in the yellow patterned robe." Hama grinned as he took in the poor sap's figure. Distractedly, he rifled through the bag of stuff Antioch put down on the bench as he spoke. "I stole the guy's wallet out of his satchel a few weeks ago to get some bits to buy a sandwich. I mean, I did give it back, but it made him super paranoid. If you look closely enough you can see how he's still clutching it like an old lady, trying to make sure no one can get into it," Hama snickered.

"Hama." Antioch frowned in an attempt to chastise the young kitten, but the quirk of his lips gave him away.

"Told you from the get-go I'm a pickpocket." Hama grinned, but cleverly switched his expression into a pout as he turned wide, dark eyes onto Antioch. "You wouldn't rat on a kitten, would you?"

Antioch merely snorted, but idly looked out into the crowd as the two sat together. He hummed, short and low, in surprise. The cat really was clutching his back like an old lady.

Hama continued as he pulled away from Antioch's bag. Just cooking ingredients, bleh. "You'd be surprised what you can figure out from these cats just by looking at them. The guy in the yellow robe, for instance, is definitely part of a larger guild. The wallet I stole was pure caiyman leather, and you can't come by that stuff cheap. My guess is the Brigrade guild, they're sorta known for taking down alligators. Definitely a mage, too. Career mage, not a combat one; he's not wearing a speck of armor on him. And no matter how well he's dressed, no merchant would be dumb enough to be stolen from."

Antioch turned an impressed eye onto the younger cat. "You got all that from just a few glances, huh?"

Smug from the praise, Hama crossed his arms and smiled. "Only the best thieves don't get caught. And if you do your research, you definitely don't get caught." Hama, innocently sweet, then reached between the bags of food and held up Antioch's unsheathed obsidian knife in both paws. "Exhibit A."

Antioch's eyes widened as his paw immediately snapped to his, now empty, holster. With a deadpan look, he held out his paw, and Hama carefully handed the older tom his knife, hilt first.

"You're real smart, aren't you?"
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:28 am

Username: bmkmb
Link to guild: Path to Darkness
Character used in prompt: Rin-dayo
Prompt: Here (Rin's favorite hobby is making poison.)
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zealouzie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:45 am

【PROMPT REWARDS】
2019-08-24

20 EXP + 10 currency has been rewarded to:
Lynx, Zulfiqar, Corrup, Danuja, Eileen, Gaston, Seeks, Makani, Azzy, Jasper, Gilgram, Aiden, Hades,
Salem, Noctos, Kyou, Silver, Bastille, Gale, Atheira, Fate, Bluebird, Magnus, Junco, Fuji, Ao, Tori,
Eldeisoniel, Reilius, Mali, Read, Ann, Antioch, Orontes, Rin-dayo

This experience may be divided across a founder's foraging and combat level in any way you choose.

hi, im zealouzie
i like drawing silly littel creechurs
they/she/he
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Username: Simonpet
Link to guild: Mysteries of the Virtuous
Characters used in prompt: Gilgram & Aiden
Prompt: xXx
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lily.Sweet » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Username:Lily.Sweet
Guild of Veritas
Sarenrae

What was a turning point in your cat's life? At what point did they decide what inspired them, motivated them, and drove
them to make certain choices about their future?

Sarenrae whimpered under the influence of his own mind, thoughts howling around his ears like the wind above the safety of the tunnel-system he'd found an uneasy home in. No guild would take a cat like him; a notorious liar and braggart, often making up wild stories of seeing monsters in the depths and living, or finding caches of goods, and refusing to tell where they were. No, a cat like Sarenrae wasn't wanted here.

As if blessed by the heavens, the wind stopped. For a still moment, the only noise he could hear was the ringing in his ears, as opposed to the near tornado that had occurred outside. Stepping out, he felt sunlight on his whiskers for the first time since his birth, and in that moment, he knew.

Lying had brought him nothing but misery. No one trusted a liar, no matter how wonderful of a story he told.
Truth would be his salvation.

Guild of Veritas
Faun

Sharpclaw let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. “My name is...” he hesitated, feeling the weight of expectations battling against his happiness, his self expression.

“My name is Faun.”

The newly named Faun, having abandoned any skills he once had as a fighter, and living his truth under the guidance of Sarenrae, found life a little more tricky than expected. Where he once was the top of his class, besting most anyone in friendly sparring matches, he regularly brought in the least after a foraging trip. But he couldn't be happier; here he was, not training for fighting, and anger, and ferocity, but instead to find and support his home, in a far more gentle manner. After meeting his new guild leader Sarenrae, life really started to lighten, and Faun could feel the warmth of the sun, even miles below the surface.

Guild of Veritas
Pharasma

It was beautiful.
The way the lights of the crystals lit up the still pond water, not a ripple to disturb the mirror-like reflection it presented. Pharasma dipped the tip of her tail in, and watched the image warp and change. Beside her, the feminine purr of her partner marked stifled giggles. With her heart in her throat, she spun on the spot to face the ghostly vision, her tail flicking droplets of crystalline water across the cavern.

"Hello again, Phara. Miss me?"

A cat made of starlight, as ethereal as the crystals surrounding the couple smiled, her whiskers twitching. Pharasma's eyes welled up, as she reached her nose out to nuzzle her lost lover, meeting nothing but cold air. The ghost laughed again.

"You need to stop, moping, Phara. There's more out there, waiting for you. Find a guild. You'll see me again soon enough."

Last edited by Lily.Sweet on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image of Fennel by PrincessPeachie.
Link to my Character Collection
Lily.Sweet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudedgazes » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:17 am

TBA
Username: Cloudedgazes
Link to guild: X
Character used in prompt: Kalle
Prompt: "What was a turning point in your cat's life?"
Well, this won't be hard to explain. As you may know, Kalle is not from the Catacombs, but rather from the world above. A young warrior who resided in the far North, his tribe was well known- and feared. Rumors floated around of a group of fighters who had the ability to take down great beasts with a single arrow, slay monsters with one stroke of a sword, and so on. Though these rumors were true, they didn't apply to Kalle, for he was too young and too foolish to fight with the others. Oh how badly he wanted fight, and so he did- in private. Most would say it's unusual to want to sneak out at night to fight, but not him. If you understood his family, you would sympathize with him- and quite possibly do the same. Oh yes, they were a tight-knit and loving tribe, but many didn't gain respect until they had brought back proof of their first kill- such as a horn, a tooth, or in this case, a scar... And so snuck out he did, escaping through one of the windows in his tribes fortress in the middle of the night, during a terrible blizzard.

Kalle could hardly see through the blizzard, which stabbed him with icy blades. In his mouth, an old but priceless dagger, gifted to him as a kitten.
Cloudedgazes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:23 am

Username: bmkmb
Link to guild: Path to Darkness
Character used in prompt: Rin-dayo
Prompt: Here
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:50 am

Username: Frisco
Link to guild: cool cats club
Character used in prompt: Noctos
Prompt:
The door was closed. As he put his paw on the handle, he felt afraid of what waited inside. Memories came flooding.
It was his big chance, one he never expected to get. For the first time, he didn't feel powerless.
After his parents died, he had no choice, but to accept it. He could remember their smiling faces as they kissed him and promised to bring treats from their journey. They announced that they were taking a cruise and without any further explanation, left in a hurry.
They never came back. The shipwreck was found empty. Noct never got to bury them and grieve properly.
Everything changed one sunny day when he bought a silver bracelet at a flea mart. When the dreams started, when he realised he could communicate with a god, he felt a tiny, forgotten spark in his heart becoming a flame. The thought that maybe his parents haven't died at all. Maybe they saved themselves, but were shipwrecked on some island and couldn't come back to Catalena.
Cathulu was a literal god, moreover, a god of the sea. If anyone could help, it would be him. That day Noctos decided he would do everything in his power to help the ancient monster and in return ask for help to solving the mystery of his parents mysterious disappearance.
He took a deep breath to calm himself down. He pressed on the handle and opened the door to his new guild headquarters.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Username:
///Goddess Sword
Link to guild:
///Starsong
Character used in prompt:
///Suterra
Prompt:
What was a turning point in your cat's life? At what point did they decide what inspired them, motivated them, and drove them to make certain choices about their future?

///Suterra had never really been bothered by their lot in life. Certainly, being mostly blind wasn't easy, but they had found ways around it, sharpening their other senses and their mind in their vision's place.
///It was only when they'd been called up from their relaxing at a café one day that their contentment with life in the catacombs began to shift, and they found themselves seeking something beyond reach.
///They often visited this café after a day foraging or practicing their magic - At the time, they really weren't very good at either, but they worked hard, and it was a nice place to unwind and enjoy a bite to eat. But perhaps what was nicest about it was the atmosphere. Though it wasn't a busy place, there was almost always something interesting going on; a band of cats playing music, an artist showing off their latest paintings (Suterra could never really see them, but they liked to paint themselves, even if their work rarely made sense to anyone but them, and always appreciated finding other cats displaying their work so proudly), fighters giving battle tips and chatting about the raids they'd fought in.
///On this day, it was a cat weaving stories about far-off lands they'd visited (or so they claimed) - The deepest depths of the caves, where even the Caligos didn't dare to tread, a vast forest of stone trees growing crystals like fruit, underground lakes glowing in a multitude of colors and lighting up the caves. Though their accuracy was... questionable, it made for nice background noise, and it was interesting to imagine such places regardless.
///It was during the tales of the surface that things shifted. Suterra had never been to the surface; they'd been born in Catalena, and they were comfortable staying there. Certainly, the tunnels' monsters could be a bit bothersome, and enemy cats (Oh, Caligos, do forgive me, I forgot that one could just change their species at will, Suterra thought, and would have rolled their eyes had they seen it enough to understand the gesture) sometimes harassed them, but it was a fairly peaceful place besides that. They'd never really had any reason not to want to stay there, in their little light in the darkness.
///At least, until the storyteller called on them.
///"You there, the short-tailed cat with the tufted ears in the corner! Would you come here?" he had asked, and Suterra, having only been half-listening, shot the cat (or at least the direction of his voice) a confused look before strolling over.
///"What is it?" they asked, sitting down next to the cat, who patted them on the shoulder.
///"Your eyes," he said. "Open them wide for everyone, would you?" They obliged, unsure where this fellow was going with this. Was he poking fun at their blindness? They supposed it wouldn't be the first time this had happened to them.
///But instead the storyteller gave a grin that they couldn't see, and said, "You see? A perfect reflection of the evening, far beyond our caves. A deep, dark blue and filled with those same dots of light, like lanterns glowing with white flames in those darkest depths of the catacombs," he said, pawing at the side of Suterra's head to make them turn for all in the café to see. "Imagine the ceilings of the caves covered in a canvas, painted with these eyes again and again, twinkling and flickering like the dust of a Firesprite, tiny gleams in shadows vast as the deepest tunnels, forming pictures and stories anyone could see, but no mortal could ever reach - That is what the night sky is. Beautiful, and greater than all of us, more than words could describe."
///To say Suterra was a bit flustered and embarrassed by this display would be an understatement. What in the world was this guy going on about? Their eyes looked like some massive, unreachable place far above Catalena? They'd simply wanted to enjoy a rest after a long day practicing their spells, and now they'd been dragged into some stranger's fairy tale like a princess in a castle!
///And yet... there was something sincere in the tom's voice, something Suterra found intriguing.
///The night sky...
///Perhaps they should see it with their own eyes, weak as they were, and find out just whether or not it really was all he claimed and more.
ImageImageImage

Current time and date:
May 30, 2021 at 4:10 PM EDT.
Currently:
~Oops 🤪~
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Username: Wileyfangs
    Link to guild: MoonVale
    Character used in prompt: Wicke
    Prompt:
    When she was a kitten, Wicke knew 3 things about the world. The Catalena was their home. Monsters were evil. And she was a fighter. That was all she needed to know. Back then everything was easy and simpler. Now, as she runs a guild filled with misfits and monsters, she thinks she's got life a bit more figured out.

For one monsters are not always the ones that were big and scary. Sometimes they could be the angry cats that try to hunt you down, try to kill your monster friends in a need for vengence and rightous anger. She supposed saving Oso's life from being killed by villagers was one thing that made her truly see, with both eyes wide how life could truly be. Two, mages are powerful and while it isn't how she was raised, it is something to work towards. And three, homes can change.

And it's something to hang onto when she's alone and introspective. When she's got a little imp beast in her fur, thinking she's its mother but its mother died due to a raid 10 days ago. When she's sad and bottle feeding the poor thing, she wonders of the strange twists and turns in life. Wonders even more when the baby in her arms coos up at her and she stops seeing the creature as a monster so much as she lifts it into her arms.

It's in the bone weary way that she realizes she's the only one who would ever consider both views. And with a determination she never knew existed that she'll keep this guild up and running. Someone has to take care of these beasts and these cats, something Wicke never would have thought to take responsibility for.

Character used in prompt: Golass
    Prompt: Being someone not everyone liked made things easy for Golass. It was easy to cut off friends, easy to be nasty as a way of protection, easy to fill in the gaps and holes in her heart with temporary things. In the chill of catacomb tunnels she misses the Sun. Once she'd complained and hated it but after being underground for months she misses the way it warmed her fur and the heat of the sand under her paws.

When she was alone she could admit it. Admit to herself of her faults and the things she missed. When Wicke changed roles she could admit to missing her best friend when the walls were down and no one could see her. But Wicke had a life here, before Golass ever showed up in it, even as a kitten. It wasn't until she'd joined her guild that she realized how strained and difficult it was for her. She'd just always assumed Wicke was given it as a gift, and that her throwing years of training away was a frivolous act.

But then she sees her pouring over books written in languages neither of them can know, watches her curl up on the back of a beast books in paw, sees the weariness in her eyes and in her back.

She'd only caught a glimpse of this side of Wicke the day she'd bumped into her after making such a huge mess of everything. The way Wicke hadn't even bothered to fight back when Golass had struck out, in a flash of humiliation and anger at being kicked from Captain of the Guard. Now she sees why.

She never thought much of being a second-in-command. Never wanted the position. But it's obvious Wicke is struggling. At least to her. But maybe it's because they grew up together. She knows Wicke inside and out even after all this time and she sees her trying. She doesn't know why she's working so hard for a damn magical guild, but she's found herself picking up duties she sees Wicke doing, basic things just to maintain the place.

No one's asked her, no one's said a thing, but she knows when Wicke glances around and checks on both guild members and monsters that she's grateful. The sag of relief in her shoulders says it all and makes Golass worry about their Founder. And she wonders not for the first time what else her best friend is hiding away, working so hard that she barely sleeps in her own room. So Golass looks out for her and lets her know it in angry huffs and annoyed puffs she doesn't truly mean, if only to watch her best friend relax again, smile tiredly but oh so gratefuly at her. She's still mad at her, she'll say, for leaving their dreams behind but she's softer about it now and though it does flare up in her temper she's kinder, remembers to be kind. Because you can have all the friends in the world, meet and see everyone and everything, but having your best friend by your side to do it with is far more gratifying.

Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me