one x one - buckskin. Perfect Polish

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: one x one - buckskin. Perfect Polish

Postby Perfect Polish » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 am

"That's Jaxx. He's our cattledog around here. Trained to help out with the cows." Jaxx licked the girls face his energy getting the better of him. Kodi tied the blue roan stallion to a fence post near the trailer. "T-Rex, I don't know if that barns gonna be big enough for one of those" Kodi joked as he finished the quick release knot that held Jazz. "So how are we gonna do this?" he asked. The gelding could be heard moving around, squeals and stomping of hooves against the walls. Kodi wondered what kind of horses she had. If she was an English rider, maybe some sort of Warmblood.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:26 am

Brylee nodded slightly at what toe young man said about the dog "Even dogs need a job." she liked that this dog was bred for a purpose, there were far too many dogs and even horses just sitting around bored. Sure it was totally okay to have pets who are just pets, but it made her happy to see it when a dog had a job. Gently, the woman lay the ramp to the slant load on the ground "Usually he's okay once we actually get off the trailer, he's just dramatic and loves the attention." most of it was true, and as she approached the wildly impatient creature as if he was a mere pony he began to calm his antics. No, he didn't stop immediately but his interest in his human paused the more....athletic of his dramas. She really didn't feel like getting dragged today and looked over at Kodi for a moment then back to the gelding before asking "You wouldn't happen to have an extra lead rope on you? I would get one of my tack bag but that'll take all year." her plan was as followed, placing a hand gently on the geldings neck "I used to show beef cattle, you know, lead them in the ring. But before you led then you had to break them in, and I think chucking an extra lead rope on the end on Sparkys might give me a chance to hold on if he decides he isn't just being dramatic only in the float."
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Kodi watched the woman slide open the trailer doors and a dark bay horse was seen stomping and neighing. "Their pretty warmbloods" the male responded as he noticed the smaller gray in the back being much better behaved. Jaxx jumped back at the sudden horse up roar and he skittered off towards the barn and disappeared through the door. "Let me go get one" Kodi said dashing into the barn. He grabbed the black one off of Ever the Clydesdale's stall door. Kodi hoped Brylee would fit in, with English riding being pretty rare out here. Rodeo was the most popular thing in this town and very few people show jumped or did dressage. Walking out he handed the woman the lead rope. "Beef Cattle eh, well that all we got here. Maybe you can help me out sometime or another with the cows." It would be fun, maybe she knew some western riding as well.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:05 pm

"Pretty, but high maintenance." she joked, it was true, it took a lot of work to keep both horses in good condition with shiny coats and correct muscling. It was almost like she was pumping in feed, only for the growing stallion and the anxious gelding to work it off in one way or another. A little rib showing wasn't a bad thing, but when Sparky got a under that athletic tone he tended to drop quickly so a balanced feeding and working routine was needed. When the young man returned, Brylee offered a smile and took the black lead rope before tying a knot in the end of her own and clipping it on. It was just a precaution. "I haven't done much with cattle since i was probably seventeen, maybe eighteen, but I'm always up for some fun." she shrugged as she adjusted her body in order to prepare itself for bracing. Despite not having grown up with cattle owned by her own family, Brylee had a handful of friends who did and had played around with some mustering and general cattle work, and then in high school participated in the breaking and showing of school cattle. Truthfully she had enjoyed it, but boy did she cry when she took her steer to his first and last kill show. "Okay, you ready for me to either be completely fine or to go flying?" she chuckled lightly, easily pulling the end of the slipknot and untying the gelding from his spot "Lets go, Sparky." gently she spoke but her body remained firm and strong as she turned the dark bay towards what he would have called the Exit from the Trailer from Hell.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:13 am

"We've mostly got Angus, Hereford, and Longhorn out here. I check on them daily usually, especially when its calving season" he added. Last calving season they had a first time calver whose calf got stuck. Kodi had luckily been there to help the little one out. "We don't have to many difficult keepers here. We breed quarter horses mostly."The male rider back away from the exit of the trailer, giving the gelding plenty of space to make his exit incase he decided to throw more of a temper tantrum. "Let him out, maybe he wont turn bronc and take you with him."
-
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Brylee nodded with interest "I thought you guys would have more Bos Indicus like the Brahmans and Santa Gertrudis. How do the European breed do?" she asked curiously, sure they had had those breeds back home but they were suited to the more temperate climates. Out west and up north in Australia the Bos Taurus breeds couldn't handle the heat, and down south Bos Indicus couldn't handle the cold. Perhaps Texas was more temperate than she had originally assumed. With as much control of the horse she could muster, Brylee walked him towards the ramp. Sure he was prancing and dancing, swinging from side to side but never did he forcefully pull infront of her. Hopefully he was just anxious to get off, rather than wanting to have a complete meltdown. Quietly, Sparky walked down the ramp and dropped his head to pick at a few taller blades of grass "I think he got over himself." she joked lightly as she gave the gelding a firm pat on the neck "Sorry about all that, I guess he decided it took too much effort to follow through with his tantrum."
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 am

"They do pretty good actually. The Longhorns are the best out here but then again, they were originally bred here" Kodi informed her. "My dad's been thinking about going to a Beefmaster or a Brangus though. Crossing the Brahman makes them a bit more hardier." If there were two things Kodi knew, it was horses and cattle. Every since he was a child that was the only thing he wanted to learn about. The only way his mother every got him to read was if it was a book on cows and horses. "Well that was less explosive, guess he wore himself out already" Kodi laughed slightly as the bay gelding calmly walked down the ramp and out of the trailer. "It's no problem. If the gray not a problem, I can grab him for you while you put this one up" Kodi offered. Jazz would be fine tied up. Currently the stallion had cocked a hoof and appeared to have gone to sleep in the warm summer sun. "Once we get them up, Ill untack him" the male said gesturing to the blue roan "and then we can go inside and I can show you my room. Family gone out of town of country for my dad to travel and learn about different beef industries around the world for a while so its just us" he informed her.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:22 am

it fascinated her, how he had reassured that the European breeds did relatively well despite her inwardly doubts about it. "I hate Brahmans but they do well though, but the crosses can be cute as all hell." she joked lightly with the start of a laugh "I'm a little bias but Brafords are by far the best cross, they have the cutest little dopey looking faces and I want one." stopping herself before she went on a tyrant about her love for Brafords. She loved colour, especially when the white pattern of the Herefords carried through and the calves had the huge Brahman wars but the white head and "splash" of the Hereford, her favourite show steer had been a Braford. Quickly bringing herself back onto track, Brylee have him a nod "He's as quiet as a lamb and that'd be great if you could." she was confident in the male, despite only having just met him, giving her a hand with her precious boys. She had always been a gelding person, for the temperament and the reassurance of no accident foals, but Sparky had taught her that they weren't all that sweet and frankly, all there in the head. Offering a smile as she walked the bay in a circle, "Sounds like a plan and that sounds like a very interesting trip! I hope they have a good time, I can't imagine how much they'll learn." she replied with clear interest in her tone. If it wasn't for Sparkys nature, she would have led him in but it was best that she waited for him buddy just in case. No, he wasn't overly attached to Spook, and in fact was one to bite and kick at his buddy but for the love of all things good, the bay sure could pitch a fit if he couldn't see his best friend.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perfect Polish » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Kodi entered the trailer and slowly approached the gray horse. Despite Brylee's reassuring that he was gentle, Kodi still wanted to make sure he didn't spook from the new individual. The male lifted his hand and stroked the young stallions neck, reassuring him, before untying the lead rope. "Yeah, to get some new ideas to increase business and production as well as to keep up on latest trends. To be honest we've been a bit on the downside of business but a lot of that just comes from the fact that were a small farm, not one of these big companies like JBS or Tyson. I think we need to focus on locals personally. That's were our moneys gonna come from." Kodi talked to Brylee as he led the gray stallion down the ramp to join his bay friend. Jazz woke up from his sunshine nap to see the new horses. The stallion let out a friendly nicker to gray and bay. "Seem's someones already making friends." Kodi said. The mustang did well with other stallions and never was ever aggressive. Kodi however didn't want to take chances. Maybe the gray had some hidden aggressions. He looked sweet and friendly though as the male rider led him to the barn. "Theres two empty stalls here" he said leading the gray towards one and sliding open the door. The large head of the stalls neighbor popped out to see. Ever was the farm's Clydesdale farm horse and she was always curious on the comings and goings of people.
Perfect Polish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Brylee watched as the young man approached her stallion, admiring the way that he took his time with the young horse despite the reassurance that Spook was in fact a very quiet animal. People had to take their own experience into account and the way a horse is with one person, isn't always how they act with another and taking stuff at face value wasn't always the best to go. "I mean, starting local is always a good place to start. Get the backing of a community and slowly move outwards as you improve the quality of your stock." she agreed with him, seeing where he was coming from "Showing is always a good way to connect with other people in the industry. I have broken in a good handful of cattle for halter shows, it's a long process but it's a good way to show off your stock and good conformation helps with good meat." she continued as they started here way towards the barn once Kodi joined them with Spook. Brylee cracked a smile as Spook returned the nicker "Spook is great with other horses, even stallions. I swear he was a dog in another life." her voice was light and joyful, she felt as if she was going to enjoy her time here. This bloke seemed nice, they were getting along well enough and the barn was considerably well set up. Following the male's lead, Brylee led Sparky to the other stall and allowed herself to open the door before leading him in. After removing the gelding's halter and locking the gate, the girl approached the Clydesdale "And who is this?" she asked curiously, looking up at the mare's dark brown eyes before over to Kodi.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me