Based on Click to view
Artist Kosciusko [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #008

Postby Kosciusko » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Welcome to the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project
Euphorian Thoroughbreds are a rare string of the Thoroughbred breed. They come from a single farm simply called “Euphoria” that has horses with mutated genes. These allow them to be able to possess any realistic coat or markings. Everything else about the sub-type is the same. Long, strong legs, a powerful hind, and great speed. Their eyes are soft and the breed is incredibly smart, if not a bit goofy. They love kids and have the rare ability to excel in any discipline. They can grow from 15hh-18hh, though usually somewhere in the middle.
The horses readopted through the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project are looking for a new loving home and a new job. They’ve tried racing and have either retired or decided the sport wasn’t for them. Either way, they are ready for the next chapter in their life. Some of these horses will come with a little training already, and will have their new discipline already determined. Although others you’ll get to pick how they move forwards!

Owner: ♔Voltaire♔
Show Name: Queen of Hearts
Barn Name: Aphrodite
Height: 16.1
Eye Color: Hazel
Phenotype: Dark Dapple Grey (Black)
Genotype: EE, aa, GG
Mane Type: Standard
Discipline: Ranch Riding
Halter: Champagne (#F7E7CE)
Breeding Info: All foals will grey with age.
Edit List:
- Wide Eyes
- Tongue Out
- Pinned Ears
History:
Aphrodite, adoringly known as Aph, was born in the Barcelona countryside to two Team Penning champions. She was a late bloomer, taking her time learning to stand on her wobbly legs and move around. She was quite sickly as a foal and was the local veterinarian's favorite patient, due to her natural charm and sweet demeanor. Her charm never wore off, even as she got older, outgrowing her poor immune system and becoming a lively, yet gentle soul. She was sold to the highest bidder after financial problems with her original owners had surfaced, and she was worked hard in her ranch riding discipline.

She won many competitions, filling her new owner's pockets with loads of cash and business opportunities. Wealth and popularity aren't always the best things in life, however, and her owner's nightlife began taking a turn for the worse. He began using Aphrodite's talents to earn money illegally, through gambling and other means. After being caught, she was seized by police and rehabilitated until they found her fit for adoption. After much consideration, it was decided that she would be donated to Sonata Stables, the lovely and peaceful atmosphere a perfect fit for the sweet mare.

To win this little mare, tell me about her history and how she came to be yours.

Ends: 19th
Last edited by Kosciusko on Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Napacello Warmblood Herd | Deviantart | G I V E Y O U R S E L F A T R Y
Kosciusko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #008

Postby skip » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Username;; .River.
Show Name: Shaken Smoke
Barn Name: Sierra
Halter: White
Discipline: Cross country
History:
Sierra was born on a cloudy stormy day, at a ranch filled with warm welcoming horses. Her mother was a stunning mare, who was an excellent show jumping horse, and her sire a xc champion. Knowing he had a good horse on his hands, the rancher sold her to a well known high profile competitor. Show jumping was what Sierra shined in. At 2 years old, Sierra and her trainer were training on a well known course, preparing for Sierra's first big competition. They came to an obstacle that had been quite the challenge for her. Although having succeeded the jump before, Sierra's trainer decided to give it a go. She made her jump, but it did not succeed. Sierra injured her leg and her trainer had taken a hard fall. The owner of Sierra knew that this could affect Sierra's future competitions, and was rather upset over the incident. Declaring her useless, he sold her back to the rancher. Sierra's leg never appeared to have fully healed, having a peculiar movement from then on. The rancher opened a xc training course when Sierra was 3, and that is where I came across her. A stunning horse, I was intrigued on whether the rancher would sell her. I watched her as she lay in a pasture below a tree. The rancher came over, asking me about my shown interest in this horse. "Well that one out there is Sierra, she's 3 years old. Quite a playful horse I do say, bred from champions." I was amazed at this horse and wanted to know more, asking if he had any plans for her. "You see, about a year ago she had an accident, left her with a weird walk. I'm not sure she'll be any good again at competing, but she could make it." I observed Sierra once more, and knew she still had some potential. "Well if your selling, I sure would be buying in a heartbeat." I said. The rancher laughed, and we talked from there. Next thing I knew, I was headed back to my ranch with an incredible horse whom I believe has great potential.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
tracking this pet sent to pound on 4.19.2020
Want to join Furrypaws a game about breeding and training dogs? Click this link to use my referral, pick a dog and a name then continue with the sign up process!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/1550930
skip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:56 am

Username;; Acronymm
Show Name: BA Dawnstone Goddess
Barn Name: Eclipse
Halter: A deep purple
Discipline: Cross country and Dressage!
History: Eclipse was rescued from a very neglectful situation. Her last owners were very abuse and left her malnourished in a small field. It was very hot and humid, especially since they were in Texas. She had little water and food, having to resort to eating small blades and drinking from sandy puddles. It's a wonder she managed to survive! She's such a sweet, loving soul. They of course, moved away and left her there. A kind young lady remembers walking her dog through the woods and coming across Eclipse. She immediately resorted to calling the ASPCA and they picked her up and, gradually, she became restored. Her coat, no longer unkept and dirty, but sleek and shiny. Her gorgeous dapples were now showing. Her hooves were tended to and her countless injuries were treated. The infections gone and being fed more than three times a day saved her. Luckily, she was broke! She was very well behaved after having sat there for months. She was then rescued by us, Bayleaf Acres. She has gained so much muscle and so much trust! Rescue horses are truly some of the best horses ❤️
Last edited by acronymm on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Unbridled- » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:01 am

Username;; -Unbridled-
Show Name: Beautiful Storm
Barn Name: Rain
Halter: Turquoise
Discipline: Classical dressage
History: Rain was a race horse at one time. She wasn't very successful, but she was worth a fortune. On her last race, she was blacked in against the railing. Her jockey forced her to break out of the hold, but she tripped and rolled over her jockey, killing him, and injuring her leg. The plan was to put her down, but a poor family saved her just in time. They nursed her back to health, and once she was strong enough, they entered her in a few dressage competitions. It was clear that dressage was what she was meant to do. Because of her, her owners are now well off. She is now boarded in North Coast Equestrian center.
-Unbridled-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kassypen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:12 am

Username;; Kassypen
Show Name: Beckons of Thunder
Barn Name:
Halter:
Discipline:
History:

-Slaps down mark-
┌───────────────┐

Kassypen
Hello! My name is Kassy and I love
writing, riding, and being creative.
Feel free to pm me anytime! <3

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

The future
belongs to
those who
have dreams

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
she/her | BM | CDH | Napas | ERRP | ©

Kassypen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thiqq » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:34 am

Username;; thiqq
    Show Name: SO's Georgie Girl
    Barn Name: Gummi
    Discipline: Jumpers
    History: Gummi had a promising race career in her early starts, her winnings totaled to 35k+. She was the fan favorite with the odds of 1/5. Until one race Gummi got spooked by something inside of the racetrack, veering over impeding the next jockey over. She finished third, but the impeded jockey called an objection, due to her impeding their line of track. She was disqualified due to her impediment. Her owners were furious, in anger they sold her for only 5k. Her new owners bought and restarted her immediately due to her not having any previous injuries. She quickly turned from a promising racehorse to a low children's jumper in no time. Her owners wanted to go higher with her, but unsure if she can handle it due to her young age. She soon was not ridden as much as she is used too, her attitude turned bitter and mean due to her not being handled as much as her little heart wanted. Her owners soon sold her to us, Southern Oak, to again be slowed back into work. Her promising jumping career showed light to us here at Southern Oak, our plans with her are still unknown as she continues to grow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx staff for
xxxxImage
xxxxcustoms open

xxda. | artshop. | ©

thiqq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:38 am

Username;; ♔Voltaire♔
Show Name: Queen of Hearts
Barn Name: Aphrodite
Halter: Champagne (#F7E7CE)
Discipline: Ranch Riding
History:
Aphrodite, adoringly known as Aph, was born in the Barcelona countryside to two Team Penning champions. She was a late bloomer, taking her time learning to stand on her wobbly legs and move around. She was quite sickly as a foal and was the local veterinarian's favorite patient, due to her natural charm and sweet demeanor. Her charm never wore off, even as she got older, outgrowing her poor immune system and becoming a lively, yet gentle soul. She was sold to the highest bidder after financial problems with her original owners had surfaced, and she was worked hard in her ranch riding discipline.

She won many competitions, filling her new owner's pockets with loads of cash and business opportunities. Wealth and popularity aren't always the best things in life, however, and her owner's nightlife began taking a turn for the worse. He began using Aphrodite's talents to earn money illegally, through gambling and other means. After being caught, she was seized by police and rehabilitated until they found her fit for adoption. After much consideration, it was decided that she would be donated to Sonata Stables, the lovely and peaceful atmosphere a perfect fit for the sweet mare.
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:15 am

Username;; BadgerBuddies
Show Name: BBR Phoenix Ashes
Barn Name: Ash
Halter: Blue
Discipline: Jumpers
History: Ash has a... reputation... on the track, if you will. She is certainly fast, and has a few victories under her belt. However, she is an extremely sassy mare with a mind of her own. If she doesn’t want to do something, there’s no making her do it. Her protests would often have jockeys flying off her back. Her main issue was with the starting gate. Some days, she just didn’t feel like getting squeezed into that contraption, and she let everyone know about it. After flinging enough jockeys and being disqualified from several races, it was decided that it was time for Ash to take up a new career. Since she excelled at running, but still had plenty more energy to burn, it was thought that she would be best suited for jumper classes.
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:29 am

Username;; Queen Vivane
Show Name: Shadow Song
Barn Name: Thistle
Discipline: Dressage
History:
Once upon a time I was a champion. Millions were in awe of me and I despised it. Racing was a chore, it was in my blood they said. Foals from the right stallion would be champions too. I grew to hate every single person at that racing barn, so I sabotaged myself. Threw my rider and goaded another horse into injuring one of my forelegs. Now it wasn't the "oh she'll never race again" kind of injury but the vet they brought in to examine me? Somehow managed to understand that I was done with racing, for good.

So headlines were made. "Champion racer's career prematurely ended!" "Injury ruins champions future!" Me? I was thrown out within days of being told I'd never race again. Luckily I was only out on my own for a day or two before I was found and taken to a new loving home, where I discovered how to dance across an arena in harmony with my new owner. A dark haired woman with a fondness for rescuing souls in need, souls like myself. With her her help? I learned to love living again and began learning just what living truly was.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kortico » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Username;; kortico
Show Name: - [same as barn name]
Barn Name: Epione - goddess of healing
Halter: mahogany leather, silver buckles
Discipline: combined driving
History:

Epione was born with high expectations put onto her. She is the daughter of two well-known race horses, her father a winner of multiple graded stakes, a competitor in two of the Triple Crown jewels and awarded a handful of Sire of the Year awards. Her mother was a powerhouse in her own right as well, a queen of stamina races and a great pedigree. When a filly was born with a coat as dark as burning coal, she became a fan favorite around the stables.

Unfortunately, when she was sent to the training farm, it was found out fairly quickly she was not one for the racing world. Her temperament was one the staff had never seen before - an angry, unpredictable mare, with sensitive sides and a sensitive mouth. She was notorious for causing scenes to, on, and coming back from the track, and turning into something of a rodeo bronco when asked to gallop down the backstretch for her workout. Epione was, surprisingly, fine near other horses and got along with new ones just fine - but her relations towards the track and getting tacked up were extremely negative. The gate was a whole new issue - it was nearly dangerous, attempting to get her in it and then to stand still long enough without breaking through early.

The trainers had contacted her original owners, unsure of what their next move was - she was as stubborn as a mule, and twice as mean as a regular school pony, and all the other two-year-olds were leagues ahead of her in their training. At this point, Epione would not debut as a three-year-old in any graded stakes.

Knowing that some horses simply didn't want to race, her owners made the decision to sell her to her current farm through the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project. The young mare was bought by our connections, and because of her young age was immediately put into groundwork and manners training before she is ever genuinely ridden again - though, that's also not terribly likely, as her confirmation and sharp mind will make a terrific combined driving horse.

kortico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me