єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - wínnєrѕ pg. 6

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

what times are you available (for a stream) on Sunday, August 18th?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 am

1pm - 3pm EST
7%
3pm - 5pm EST
24%
5pm - 8pm EST
40%
8pm - 10pm EST
29%

Total votes : 89

Re: єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - σpєn!

Postby lovestruck » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:49 pm

username; lovestruck
    team; octopi
    what do you bring Ellys?
    Aderyn pondered for a moment. What could she possibly bring Ellys that she didn’t already have in that enormous museum of hers? She scowered her brain for anything at all that she had run across during her stay- something that Ellys might like.
    Finally, she let out a disappointed sigh. She couldn’t think of anything hat Ellys didn’t already have! Perhaps she could bring the pink kalon a souvenir of her own- something she’d brought along with her.
    As she continued to think, she quickly realized the perfect gift for Ellys’ museum! She scurried back to her room in a hotel on land (Aderyn didn’t want to sleep in a cruise ship with no AC) and rummaged around in her suitcase. Finally, she found it. It was a souvenir from a city far away- somewhere in Africa, although she’d travelled so much that she’d forgotten by now, exactly where it was from. The only reason she had it was that she hadn’t stopped at her home base recently, so she hadn’t been able to leave anything there. Apparently it ended up working out in the end though!
    Aderyn held the beautiful object in her hands for a moment, not wanting to give it away. It had cost her a pretty penny- and that was saying a lot considering her wealth. It was a beautiful bird’s skull (found as roadkill or else she never would’ve bought it) with intricate carvings, which were then filled with gold. The second she saw it, she knew she had to have it.
    Although it was hard for her to give it up, she considered that maybe.. now more people would get to see its beauty, throughout the ages. She was sure the skull would be immaculately kept in Ellys’ museum. And.. she didn’t need more trinkets to stuff in her home anyways.
    With a heavy heart, Aderyn exited the hotel through her window, flapping her wings as she fell out, and gliding on the winds back towards Mermaid Cove.
    When she arrived, Ellis was already there waiting for her- she’d probably seen Aderyn flying above. With a soft smile, Aderyn presented the gift, hoping Ellys’ would think it useful.
    The merkalon’s face lit up. “Oh, Aderyn! It’s so beautiful.. this is perfect! I have some skulls, but not a bird, and the cravings are so intricate.. wow.. surely this must be special to you though?” Ellys looked up at her curiously, and perhaps empathetically. Aderyn didn’t even have to force her smile- she was glad Ellys had it now. She was so excited, and happy! “Well, it’s just a souvenir, so many more kalons will be able to see its beauty in your museum.” She offered a soft smile, earning her a returned grin from Ellys, exclaiming, “Thank you so much Aderyn!”
    [467]
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - σpєn!

Postby suds » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:53 am

username; suds
    team; octopi!
    what do you bring Ellys?
    "michael jackson? thriller? ZOMBIES?? seems a bit made up to me..."
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 am

username; happysparrow
    team; Squid~!!
    what do you bring Ellys?
      Tuna had been, thus far, slightly unimpressed by everything that had happened upon this cruise. Luckily, however, this underwater museum seemed rather interesting, and he looked forward to what creepy crawlies and deep sea fishies would appear in such a monument. It wasn't until he reached the actual museum and spoke with the curator that he realized something dire... Like most things seemed to be on this "relaxing" trip, they wanted him to do something. With fear of being labeled a sour sport, he of course obliged, but by goodness... wouldn't there be a moment on this cruise where he could just sit back and, well, vacation? After assuring Ellys he would bring back the most badass thing she had ever seen, he made his way back to his cabin and hurriedly shuffled through his bags. Socks? No, too common. An empty soda can, now filled with ants? He grimaced and tossed it into a trashcan, but decided it wasn't quite right. Ah, here it was... A pen. But not just any old pen, no - it was a 10-colors-in-one pen, and it was going to blow Ellys' mind. Grabbing as many as he could stuff into his pockets, he hurried back to beat the rush of other Kalons also trying their hand - er, paw - at this game. Finding Ellys, he emptied his pockets full of intricate and quirky pens directly into her paws. Some spilled to the side, rolling across the floor, but many stayed grasped in the merkalon's paws,

"Er - thank you, Tuna..?" Ellys didn't know what to say at first, eyebrow raised at the display of... objects now in her possession, "Are these pens... with 10 different ink choices...?" Tuna gave a proud grin and enthusiastic nod, and Ellys now couldn't help but smile. It was the first time she had seen this grump look like he was having fun, and she sure as hell couldn't ruin it now, "Fantastic! I don't think I've seen these before, especially underwater, so they'll make a fine addition. Feel free to enjoy the rest of the museum while you're here, and thank you again," she waved Tuna off, watching as he seemed to gain an extra bounce in his step. It was almost sweet. Taking another look at the pens, Ellys sighed before hunting for a bowl - they would be a fine addition, sure, but it probably would have been nicer if Tuna had brought just a few less... (420/300)
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missing✖ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 pm

username; Missing✖
    team; Squids!!!
    what do you bring Ellys?
    **its changing form jelly like and can live in any environment you choose to let it and very helpful to for Elly.**
Last edited by Missing✖ on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxx━━━━━┓

MissingX /She-her/
Asexual/Unknown/

Dragon cave

┗━━━━━xxxxxx
ImageImage
Missing✖

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:32 pm

username; FluffyBirdie
    team; Squid
    what do you bring Ellys?
      Alania excused herself and left Ellys' museum, considering what would fascinate her. She didn't bring anything impressive from her forest, only some loose feathers from the birds that flitted around her home, a dried flower and a single antler she found on the way out of the forest to the cruise trip. It was a small thing, likely a young stag's first set of proper antlers. She had been a rush, so she couldn't search for the other one, but now she wished she did. A set would look a lot better, and it was a gorgeously shaped as well.

As she considered what Ellys would find fascinating, her mind kept going back to the antler, and the more she considered it, the more excited she became until she was almost running to her little cabin where she stayed temporary until the cruise ship was fixed. This was a tropical island, and though it had trees, they were nothing like hers. Deer did not exist here in this warm environment that lacked their favourite foods. And because the delicate species wasn't present here, Ellys would never know that the antler was missing its twin.

Gleeful at having found the perfect item that happened to be so close by, Alania rummaged through her room before finding it and placing the horn carefully in a bag. Running lightly back, she considered what to say and how to act. Well, there was no point in lying or fabricating a story; though she may never come back to this little patch of greenery surrounded by the blue sea, Alania didn't want to leave behind negative feelings.

She dove back into the lake, careful to ensure that the antler wasn't lost in the process as she swam towards the museum. Seeing Ellys at the entrance, she waved, before gently removing the horn from her bag. "These are called antlers." She said, holding them out to show the mermaid. "They're horns that grow on a faraway species called deer, who live in forests like the one nearby, though that forest is located on mountains and in snowy places."

Alania smiled at seeing Ellys' excitement as she picked it up for a closer examination, inwardly thanking the little buck for unknowingly leaving her his beautiful antler. She would have to find the little thing and give him a present.

[392 words]

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:40 pm

username; SilhouetteStation
    team; squid
    what do you bring Ellys? (613w)

An item for a mermaid's underwater museum. Of course. Of course that would be something that came up on this amazingly bizarre adventure. Goodness, she was going to have some wild stories to tell her friends when she went back home. The thought of leaving once again filled her with a pang of sadness, but she shook it off. She had to concentrate now; it was time to find an object. For a museum. Underwater. For a mermaid.

Goodness.

What would they want? Museum's were usually filled with antiques, or fossils; pieces of history not found anywhere else that people could come to learn about. Idly she wondered what the visitor count was like, but then decided it was probably best not to ask.

Inwardly, she didn't know whether to sigh or laugh. This situation really was like something out of a movie.

Just like that, the idea hit her.

It was possibly a bad idea. Possibly an idea that wouldn't work. That was mildly idiotic. Laughable, even. Like how she'd given those four mermaids the actual metal buckles from her backpack as a shiny trade off.

If that could work...

"Ellys," she asked slowly. "You don't...spend time on land, do you?" The mermaid looked pointedly at their tail, and Annie felt her face flush lightly. "Stupid question, I know, but I meant like...you don't have a lot to do with land things?"

"Not particularly, no. I just like to collect these things. I find them quite fascinating."

She nodded as they spoke, and then hesitantly asked, "Have you ever seen The Little Mermaid?"

"The what, dear?"

"I'll be right back."

• • • • •

She'd all but run back to town, as though if she didn't hurry, this plan would all fall apart. It still could, if Ellys had ever used dinnerware before. The kitchen staff were kind, happily giving her the silverware, and after thanking them, she made her way back to the museum shore.

"I'm back!" she announced, and Ellys' head poked above the surface. Annie waded out into the water to meet them, holding her backpack high up to avoid it getting wet. "I have something for you," she said, hugging the pack to her chest and unzipping the top. "Hopefully you like it, and uh…haven't seen one before."

Ellys tilted their head. "What is it?"

"It is…" Annie lowered her hand into the bag, and paused for dramatic effect. "A dinglehopper!" With that she raised her hand triumphantly towards the sky, the sun glinting off the metal of the fork.

"A dinglehopper!" Ellys echoed, their eyes widening. "What in the world is that?"

"It's a special kind of tool we have," Annie explained as best she could, hoping she sounded convincing enough. She lowered it to Ellys' level, and the mermaid inspected it curiously. "We've got a lot of gizmo's and gadgets, and this one is for combing hair. Nice and sturdy, you see," she said as Ellys ran their fingers over the prongs. "They don't break easy, and they're not hard to bend back into shape."

"It's very neat," Ellys said, taking it from Annie's hand and giving their hair a few experimental brushes. "Useful, too."

"I got you two, actually," Annie said, pulling out another to give to her. "One for you, and one for the museum."

"Oh, how thoughtful!" they exclaimed. "Oh yes, I'd love to put this on display. Thank you so much!"

For a moment she almost felt bad at how excited this mermaid was getting over some forks. But hey, if they made them happy, where was the harm? She just hoped that the opportunity for them to watch that Disney classic didn't arise anytime soon…
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:32 am

username; trans
    team; octopi
    what do you bring ellys?
      there's many things with tales to tell, where water cant erode at these pieces of history. shuffled into attics, sealed up in boxes, locked away in basements—even time cant find them here, as dust collects and preserves it as if it was the day it was put there. books are good examples of this, even the earliest among them proving to be exceptionally preserved, despite how old and used they are. nothing can quite tell a story like an old book, the mystery and intrigue, the curiosity of who may have found this before you, how many generations have read these same pages as you are now, the almost child-like wonder as you try to picture who may have wrote this, what they were like, how it was during their time, when this book was fresh and crisp and new...

you had found an old scrapbook, shuffled in a corner of that same kalon's shop you'd gotten the pendant from earlier, seemingly forgotten. it's got a sturdy leather cover, and stickers all over the book. big, scribbly lettering spells out our adventure book in all different colors, though they've seemed to fade a little with time. the leathers cracked almost in some places, and the binding has a thick string, almost rope, binding the pages together.

cautiously, you open it, and the first thing you find is a page with two names written on it. a typical, 'this book is owned by __, please return to them if found.' kind of page. the next page is a poster, or some kind of flyer, that reads in bold white lettering, paradise falls, and underneath it is a much smaller tagline that reads, adventure is out there.

you briefly flip through the book, just to see what's inside... you find lots more than what you thought you would—club member lists, inventory checks of the members, meeting dates and times, more posters and pictures, articles about a man and a place you've never seen or heard of, just general notes and reminders to do homework (and a fair share of grumbling about said homework) the like, and... shopping lists? special request: cheezits? do they even have those here?

all these memories that this book must contain... it can only make you wonder where this book came from exactly, because you didnt see any place called paradise falls while you explored the island, and you heard no one else mention it either. who are all the people written in it, you wonder, and what were they like?

you flip through a few more pages, and find a section full of pictures... polaroids, with smiling faces in most them. there's dates and places written on the bottom, or underneath sometimes if there's not enough room... ticket stubs, and stamps, envelopes... even bottle caps and a couple stickers curiously taped on, rather than actually stuck onto the page. (that bit confuses you a little, arent stickers meany for sticking on things?) a lot of the stickers seem like random, miscellaneous stickers, none belonging with the others but looking fitting when you took a look at them all together, as a cohesive thing. there's pictures in a treehouse, labeled the adventurer's clubhouse, and what looks like a zoo, and a corn maze... bobbing for apples, strawberry picking, a pumpkin patch, hay ride... halloween costumes, christmas, valentine's day, etc etc... and then you see something that makes you freeze.

in one of photos, is a singular pink, green, and orange lava lamp... a lot like the one you have in your bag right now. as you cautiously pull it out, you inspect the photo closer, and find it to be an exact match, save for any engraving-

your fingers run over something on the underside of the lava lamp, and you pause. no way, you think, as you turn it over ever so carefully in your hands, to find a very small engraving on the underside of the lamp. it looks like... a tiny 'E♡C' that stands out among the silver base. you wonder how it ended up in that kalon's gift shop along with the book, especially without being broken...

you also spend a good few minutes debating if you should give this to ellys, before you decide that you'll have no use for it, and... you think this lava lamp and the book belong together, it wouldnt be right to separate them, and you're sure that ellys probably hasnt seen a lava lamp before. that's one more thing than she asked for, but... you have a pretty good feeling she wont mind.

( word count : 766 words )
Last edited by trans on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:31 am

username; Midnightkitkat
    team; Octopi
    what do you bring Ellys?
      To say that Latona was stumped as to what she should donate towards the museum was putting it lightly. The island was teaming with wonders but wouldn't the beautiful mer already own items from the land she dwells so close to? Not to mention that the others would have surely already found any odd unknowns. "Ahhh.. we meet again worried one." Turning sharply at the sudden voice she was met with the mysterious merchant once again. "Calm your worries I'm not following you. I could just sense your troubled mind from across the island. Hood still hiding all features of the kalon he placed a paw up in offering. "Perhaps I could of assistance once again?"
      "Sir you don't-"
      "I insist. Currently holding quite the discount for lady's such as yourself. What is it you seek?"
      The explanation took no time at all as most of the island now knew of the growing museum. "I can't think of anything to give that she likely doesn't already own."
      Taking a moment to pause the merchant thought on what items he had brought before shifting through his pack. "No sea and nothing from the island. Too easy. What would you say about something from the heavens?"

Nervous but excited Latona made a quick dash back to where she last met Ellys. Clutching her recent purchase close as to not drop it. "Ma'am I've brought something I'd like to donate!" A quick look from the mermaid only gave her a small frown, "A rock?" Blushing from embarrassment Latona realized that showing it of without explanation would be rather confusing. "A rock yes, but not what your thinking! I was hesitant on bringing just anything from the island so why not something from out of this world? Its part of a meteorite from uh... I think he said the Barringer Crater! I know its not that flashy, but it would certainly be educational for the young ones or even those that love the stars." Setting it gently into the mers now open palms she felt relieved and delighted to have been able to help.

(350 words | art by me | merchant isn't anyones kal)
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"We have calcium in our bones,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
carbon in our souls,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆
☆ ☆ ☆
◇◇◇
My SZ Herd
◇◇◇
☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
93 percent stardust,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
we are all just stars that have
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 am

username; Theodosia
    sign up post; Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&p=125968174&hilit=gray#p125968174
    team; Octopi
    what do you bring Ellys?
      At first glance, this challenge seemed ideal for Malory; who better than an archaeologist to discover the treasures of the land for a museum of the sea? Wherever her paws have tread, paws have trodden before, and with a little patience there is always a history to be discovered. A shard of pottery, a splintered tile, an old coin: all these are evidence of the lives that have lived before, and all tell a story. The story, perhaps, of an amateur potter apprentice, grinning with pride as they create their first work, even if it is misshapen and discoloured and cannot be sold - or the tale of a family risking life and limb and love to rescue their foolish cat off the roof, knocking off a tile in their haste to keep their charge safe - or the story of a child, giving his last penny to the old widow because he cannot, in his innocence, turn a blind eye to her suffering as others have learnt to. And then there are the more sought after treasures, equal in their poignancy: ancient bones that teach us how the world used to be, treasured jewellery left to rust now restored to their former glory, paintings and writings of civilisations forgotten but no longer lost. Yet as Malory paces the island in search of the perfect treasure, she comes to a sudden realisation; it does not matter what she brings, if she cannot bring the story with it. For without the potter, the family, the child; without the lost society, the roaming creatures, the former splendour, these items are as plain and abundant as the grains of sand on the ocean floor.

"And heaven knows," Malory thinks, "Ellys has had enough of those to last a lifetime."

So when Malory returns to Ellys's museum, she does not present her with a moth-eaten textile, rusted armour plate or ceramic fragment. Instead, she weaves for her a story: one of gods and goddesses, heroes and heroines, love and war, beasts and creatures. Above all, however, it is a tale of people. She hopes that Ellys will see in it treasure, like Malory has treasured every artefact she has discovered. And she hopes that she has done their tales justice, because if she hasn't, she fears no one ever will.

("And how am I meant to display that in an exhibit?"
      Malory pauses; admittedly, she had not quite considered that. Perhaps those items she'd collected might have been useful after all... surely it wouldn't take Ellys too long to find where she'd thrown them into the ocean, would it?)

[433 words.]
Last edited by Jaskiest on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:32 am

username; Leafy.
    team; octopus
    what do you bring Ellys?
    whizz paused at the merkalon's request. an object for an
    underwater museum? what could possibly be found to
    bring the maiden in so little time? but she agreed; there
    was not any other things to do, especially when her entire
    group was shipwrecked on a dingy tropical island. she knew
    for sure that she definitely wasn't going to the bar or any
    other activity, so she said to herself, this will do. and
    she was going to make it so, even if it felt at times that it
    didn't.
    then came the question on what to bring her fish-tailed
    friend. surely not something from the sea, nor off a beach.
    from the few things in sight in the kalon's collection, there
    were plenty of things like that. then it clicked. whizz was to
    bring not a beach item, nor something that was close by. she
    was going to bring something from all the way in the center
    of the island. how about... something from the very center of
    the little forest on the island. and that was that.
    so off she went to the forest, no idea what to bring, other than
    some basic outlines. she wandered around the tall trees for
    what seemed like hours. suddenly, something out of the corner
    of her eye fluttered to the ground. a feather. it was light and
    grey, with dots of brown across it. it wasn't even identifiable
    as to what kind of bird it could have come from.
    with nothing else, whizz picked it up and kept going.
    and eventually picked up more and more of these feathers,
    now given an idea as to what lay around. some were bright and
    blue, others a gleaming black.
    after another hour or so, whizz had a decently sized bundle
    of these feathers. she decided she had enough. so she returned
    to the strange merkalon and offered it to her. the merkalon
    seemed pleased enough, and she declared herself done with
    wandering around musty forests looking for something she
    didn't know of.
    [339 words]
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me