єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - wínnєrѕ pg. 6

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

what times are you available (for a stream) on Sunday, August 18th?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 am

1pm - 3pm EST
7%
3pm - 5pm EST
24%
5pm - 8pm EST
40%
8pm - 10pm EST
29%

Total votes : 89

єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - wínnєrѕ pg. 6

Postby magpie! » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:40 am

─────────────────────────────────
main page || sign-ups || games || prompts
event adopts || shop || event bank || ask blog
welcome to Ellys' Underwater Museum!
this will be a quick, single prompt game
running from August 13th to the 16th!
there will be a stream game afterwards
for winners! scroll down for more info.

shells divider by SunkenAnchor on dA
Last edited by magpie! on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpie! » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 am

"Hello there, stranger! Welcome to my Underwater Museum! How in Poseidon
      did you get down here without drowning? Even more pertinent, how did you
      not get eaten by Ellie, Shank, Torii, and Ares? Just kidding, they wouldn't eat you!"

"I hope... "

"Anyways, I suppose since you're here, you can help me out?
      I have plenty of mermaid scales to reward you with if you're interested!"

all participants will recieve 5 scales, and up to fifteen winners will recieve 15 scales!

"I'm looking for a few unique items from the surface to add to my collection!
      Please don't bring me anything dinky like rocks or washed up shells, I'm trying
      to build a quality exhibit here! I already have enough stuff from the sea, bring
      me something from on land! If you need some inspiration, you're welcome to
      take a peek at my already established underwater collection."

word limit; max. 900 words
        art limit; up to 3 art pieces
          (or a 3 panel comic -- each panel is considered one art piece)

minimum requirement of at least 300 words or 1 art piece!

you are welcome to mix and match writing and art!
          1 art piece = 300 words and vice-versa.

art pieces can have a short sentence description if needed.

please only post completed forms!
        you can edit as much as you like afterwards!

Code: Select all
      [list][b]username;[/b]
      [b]sign up post;[/b]
      [b]team;[/b]
      [b]what do you bring Ellys?[/b]
      [list][ please be aware of the word/art limits! word count notes are appreciated][/list][/list]

shell art by schnuffle bunny
Last edited by magpie! on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpie! » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 am

"Up to 15 lucky winners will recieve a special invitation to the opening ceremony
      of my surface exhibit! I'll do a survey to see when most of you are available, and
      base the time of the opening off of that! If you win and can't make it, I'll still give
      you a little something."

the stream will take place on Sunday, August 18th at 5pm to 8pm EST.
Last edited by magpie! on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpie! » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 am

remember: please only post completed forms!
you can edit them as much as you like later.

above art by tuurp
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - σpєn!

Postby -pidge » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 pm

username; my.chai
    sign up post; Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&p=125986204&hilit=willow#p125986204
    team; squids!
    what do you bring Ellys?
      Listning to Ellie, a little cell in Willow's brain clicks. She remembered spotting something interesting near the rock pools but was in quite a rush to take full notice. Maybe it was still there? Retracing her steps, she spotted the leather brown stud poking from the sand that she had recalled to of seen. Inspecting it, she presumed it was safe enough to touch. Grasping hold of it she yanked at it, tumbling backward with a heaving object resting on her chest. "What's this?" Willow whispered to herself. Holding it up to get a better view she recognized it to be a telescope. "Whats a telescope doing here?" She looked around to see if anybody was nearby to answer her question, but as expected, there wasn't a kalon insight. "I guess this would be interesting enough to show to Ellys... maybe she can even tell me a thing or two about it!" Making her way back to the museum, Willow revealed her discovery from behind her back. "Tada!" She smiled. "W-where- did you- find that!?" Ellys asked, in awe. Willow was surprised at the reaction but made her feel pretty proud and important. She explained where she had found it and every sentence she spoke Ellys jaw dropped further. "So- do you know anything about it?" Ellys noded, very slowly. "Willow- what you have found- is older than the discovery of this island, as fragile as glass, and as valuable as a chest of diamond and gold." She spoke clearly and didn't take her eye off the telescope. "Willow- this was the first-ever telescope known to be made by kal." She removed the telescope from Willow's possession and held it more carefully than she would a child. "You see this- here?" She pointed at a rusted piece of metal. "Look closely- see that tiny engravement?" A little c, barley noticeable, was on the rim of the telescope. "It was made by Sir Charles Telescope, in 1409!" It was Willow's turn to drop her mouth. She had just found a part of history! Maybe she'll even get paid, perhaps famous! Staring down at the lump of rusted metal, she still had one question. "Well, what should we do with it?" "Ahh, I'm glad you asked, Willow! You see, things like things can't go in my museum, because it's just too remarkable!" "So... where shall it go?" I"n my home city there's a group of historians I know, they'll be able to care for it! For now, a photo will be more than great to have on display!" Ellys smiled, and paused for a moment, lost in thought. "You know Willow- you've restored a piece of history..." She looked up at Willow, who began blushing. "I'm glad I was able too!" She beamed, still trying to get her head around what had happened in the past 20 minutes. At least now Ellys had some photo's of it for her museum!
Last edited by -pidge on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey, im pidge/bee!
Feel free to message me, I don't bite!
(discord; pigeons.#4071)
Here are my kals]

-pidge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:41 am

username; 【Wildfire】
    team; Octopi
    what do you bring Ellys?
      “A toaster! Surely it has some historical value . . . .”

After hours of scouring the beach, Maní mostly found a lot of small objects, things such as sea glass, shells, driftwood, and discarded objects. But she was certain that Ellys would already have objects like that, so she wanted to bring something unique, something special. Eventually she did find something truly unique, half-buried in sand.

It was a toaster, old and dingy with a crumpled chord that had exposed wires in places. It had several haphazardly placed stickers on one side. One read: Organic, another: Aggressive, and the other was just a simple glittery star. For what purpose they were there, Maní was unsure. Perhaps it was to make the toaster seem less dismal.

Ellys seemed a bit confused, even taken aback at this gift, but she accepted it nonetheless. Maní assured her that it was safe as long as it was not plugged in. Hopefully Elyss wouldn’t throw it away as soon as she left.
      [165 words]

No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 am

username; Cosmi
    team; Squid
    what do you bring Ellys?Image
    I don't know how well "Alien Fingers" last underwater...

ImageImage
Cosmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cribunni » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:14 am

|| l i i l y • sign up • team squids !! ||

Prince mumbled as he dug through his stuffed suitcase. Ever since Shark had announced the ship's steady repair, it had been nothing but a rush. All of the cruiser's were desperately trying to pack all of their belongings, and get over the sadness that hung in the air. No one was really excited about leaving. Sure, Prince missed his normal bed, and being able to walk without sand getting inside his shoes, but he'd really miss this island. He knew that he would always cherish this place. It was a second home in his memory now. So, standing in his now bare room in the ship, he knew exactly what to bring to the museum. First, though, he'd need to visit some friends.
-
Prince spent the entirety of the afternoon shooting from passenger to passenger, asking them all to help stock up the museum with him. Most of them obliged, though he did end up stealing forgetting to ask if he could have what he was after. Hours later, carrying a large bundle in his arms, he ran across the shifting sand, a bright smile painted across his features.
-
When Prince entered the museum, Ellys glared at the man.
"Seriously? It took you that long to grab a bag of paper-" Her voice faltered as Prince walked forward, pulling a slip out of the bag in his arms.
"I had everyone pitch in. I thought it would be really special.." Ellys' eyes drew back towards the nervous kalon, a warm smile spreading on her face.
"It's the perfect exhibit." Prince smiled back, handing the bag over to her. As she turned, he watched her bring the Kruise Flyer to her face again. Maybe it wasn't the most interesting thing Prince could have brought, but it would be the perfect thing to remember them bye. Who knows, the flyers might spark an interesting story to tell.

[ 322 ]

ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATTY !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScribbleScrib » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am

username; ScribbleScrib
    team; Octopi
    what do you bring Ellys?
    (695 words)
    INSTANTLY, Carson ran away excitedly, squealing with joy. He knew...exactly what he wanted to show off! He had to find it first, though...he ran to his luggage as quick as he could and began searching and searching around. He knew he brought this thing for a reason, and now he has found that purpose! "AH-HAH!" He exclaims. A furby! It was his prized possession, but he felt he needed to bring it to this trip for some reason. He had no idea what that reason was, but he had a feeling it would be useful...AND HE WAS RIGHT! He sprinted back to the merkal, furby in paw, so excited that he tripped a couple hundred times on the way.

Finally, he reached the merkal and stumbled into the entrance of the underwater museum. "HERE, I have this! It's perfect for the museum! I think it'll really set it apart from other land museums even!" After a moment of silence and shock, Ellys replies, "Wow, uh...I'll see what I can do with it! I've never seen such a thing before, it's so odd! What does it do?" "I'm glad you asked!" Carson laughed a bit evily, and turned on the furby. Watching with pride as it jabbered nonsense to Ellys, he talked to it in response, trying to get it to say something even slightly understandable. It didn't, but it was still cool nonetheless and he was still proud of it. The furby blinked its giant plastic eyes and wobbled around.

Ellys stepped back immediately, afraid of this creature, "Uhm, I don't accept live animals here, these are supposed to be land objects. I've never even seen this creature before, where does it live? I must remember never to go there!" Carson laughed and turned the furby off, as it was making a ton of noise at this point and was getting annoying, "It's not a real animal, silly! it's an electronic toy. It runs on batteries. Kind of like a robot of sorts!" Carson explained, smiling wide. Surely there won't be anything like this in the museum! "Oh, I see...I've heard of these 'electronic' objects, but they don't seem to work well in the water. How am I supposed to show off something that won't work in my museum?" Suddenly, Carson lowered his shoulders. He hadn't thought about that, and didn't have a plan for how to make it work underwater. Perhaps he wasn't going to be able to show off this beautiful object to the underwater world. Carson's ears flop down and he grabs his furby friend, slowly slinking off back to his luggage. So much for a great ending of his trip.

Ellys shouted out to him, realizing that he was leaving so quickly, "Wait, Carson! I do have an idea if you would just listen and not go away so quickly!" Carson instantly stopped in his tracks and turned around, confused. What possibly could this kal have that would make an electronic toy work underwater? He slowly walked back to her, a bit hesitant. "I have this case, you see. Its air-tight and doesn't allow water to get into it! I could put it in here before I put it underwater! Would that be okay?" Carson's eyes lit up immediately. Perhaps this could work! He gave her the furby once again and allowed her to go grab this 'magic case'. She went back underwater for a moment, then returned with this glass dome, with a platform underneath. She turned on the furby and put it inside, and demonstrated in the water that none of it was going in, and the furby was happily bouncing and jabbering safely. This was perfect! "Thank you, ma'am! I surely hope that this makes it into your museum! I think it will surely be something that thousands will come and see!" "Perhaps, I will have to think about it and see what else comes in. It is definitely something interesting for sure..." Ellys replied, and then sank back into the water again, with the furby in the case, and disappeared into the ocean. Now, Carson just has to wait to see if his contribution made it in...!

ImageImageImageImage
My Toyhou.se!
If you ever need someone to talk to,
PM me! I'm here to listen! I know what
it's like to not have anyone to talk to,
and I want to be someone anyone could
turn to, without any worry of judgement!
Just HMU please!

(Previously PaigeyTheCatLady!)
(Art on the left and avatar by me, bottom by keiikoa)

ImageImage
ScribbleScrib

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 am

username; SilentMelody
      team; squid
      (306 words)

Azrail remembered the last thing he brought the mermaid, but he didn't mind bringing her something else. Especially if it was something for her museum. For all the centuries he had lived, he was slightly obsessed with history.

The only thing he can recall from his mortal life is that he was born in the Age of the Renaissance, and Azrail was particularly interested in the art that was created during this time. Although he loved all of the artists, he was especially fond of Michelangelo and the sculptures he carved with his bare hands.

A myth or a rumor was going around about a secret piece of his work, and Azrail had been searching for it his whole immortal life. Finally, he found it at the right moment. It was hard to part with it after holding onto it for a few centuries, but he knew it'd be better in a museum. It belonged to be shown to the world. Especially if that museum was professional and original, being under the water. Azrail just hoped the water wouldn't ruin it.

He presented it to Ellys, raising his hands to it in a grand gesture and staring at it with a wistful gaze. "I believe that this is one of the most beautiful pieces ever made in the history of art," the angel stated. Although the statement seemed to be a bit of an exaggeration, that's truly what Azrail thought about it. This was his favorite piece of art.

In front of the kalons was a pair of men carved out of marble, kissing each other's lips and wrapping themselves in an embrace with a cloth folded around both of them to show their intimacy.

"I may be a bit biased," Azrail laughed sheepishly. "But I think it'll be a good fit here in your museum."
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
discord - silent.melody
deviantart - mutedmelodies

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences
artist, reader/writer, roleplayer

starting on March 27th
active on site until then!

SilentMelody

My pets
My items