Error displaying pet - why so many recently?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Error displaying pet - why so many recently?

Postby Shenzai » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Hmm this hasn't happened to me but I'm seeing these a lot around people's signatures and trade rules recently (particularly when indicating "dreamies"). Last time I remember that happened was when the horse and fennec fox linearts changed, but that was ages ago, people would've changed those by now.

Did anything of the sorts happen recently? I haven't really been too active beyond collecting my monthly pets and events for quite a while.
Shenzai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Error displaying pet - why so many recently?

Postby Shinryu » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:36 pm

If you're seeing this error in stuff like people's dreamie lists, then the images in question were most likely of store pets.
    We recently had an update that added a tiny "C$" tag to the images of store pets, to make it more easy to recognize them as such:
    For this, the old images had to be replaced. With pets owned by users the image changes didn't cause issues, but with archive images, the old versions were removed, breaking their links.
    So all those broken images are store pets where users haven't yet switched the pics out for the new versions c:

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Error displaying pet - why so many recently?

Postby Shenzai » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Ahh that explains it! I knew it had to be something about replaced archive images, I just didn't know about this addition of the c$ tag. It's a useful feature btw! Thanks again for answering another question of mine ^^
Shenzai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me