Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

【CATACOMBS】 by hypnowave

Artist hypnowave [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
160 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

【CATACOMBS】

Postby hypnowave » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:15 am

Register your Guild! | Create your Founder!
Prompts | Raids | The Library | The Blacksmith | Foraging | The Market | Crafting | Exploring | MYOs
Discord | Roleplay Discord

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Have you ever been curious to know what lays under you in the thousands of kilometres of the earth below your paws?
Of course you may already know, there are bones and bugs and bothersome things that you wouldn't normally twitch a whisker
about, but what about the ancient stories of cats that are whithering with old age, that speak of a palce of tendrilous size?

The catacombs are a vast underground network of tunnels, only accessible by a few select spots on the surface. Ancient
cats carved and explored these tunnels through centuries of hard work. At the heart of the catacombs is a nook bustling with life: Catalena.
Here cats live harmoniously in groups called guilds, in which every member has it's own special role. There are merchants, barbarians,
witches, foragers, every type of citizen you could imagine. Everyone contributes to Catalena in their own way and keeps it safe
for the cats that live there.

But the catacombs aren't only home to cats, no.. they harbour other things as well. Horrifying monsters and ghosts which
haunt the tunnels day and night. Catalena is only a small speck of light in the grand scheme of things, and there are always
threats.. threats of impending doom in the air.

Are you prepared to enter the depths of the catacombs?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by zealouzie on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:38 am, edited 13 times in total.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

【HOW TO PLAY】

Postby hypnowave » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:15 am

Catacombs is an ARPG that involves completing prompts and small tasks to maintain your guild. You will begin with a guild founder.
You will be able to adopt other cats through the regular adopts page!

Getting Started

Step 1) In order to start playing, you must form your guild, you must create them a thread on CS or a folder on toyhouse and get the guild registered on the guild registration thread. All guilds must have a special name, said name can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it is appropriate for CS. Proceed here to register your guild!
    Step 2) Create your founder! Your founder will be your first cat, and they will have the "FOUNDER" role. The FOUNDER role is a custom role that combines one of the combat roles and the forager role. Proceed here to customize your founder
    Step 3) Create a post in your guild including your founder's name, gender, and other necessary information required!
    Step 4) Explore Catalena! There are a lot of things to do in the catacombs. You can recruit new cats to your guild through the main adopts, or participate in prompts and events.

Roles
The roles of your cat are what dictate what your guild is capable of doing! Having certain types of cats will allow you to
participate in different aspects of the game. Do you want to participate in raids, explore the catacombs or make money off
of what you have foraged? It's important to select the roles for your cats wisely in order to participate in the ARPG to the fullest!

There are different types of roles: custom, civilian, combat and misc. You may distribute 10 cats among the different roles, however
you may only have certain numbers of cats that fall under a specific role. When adopting a cat, you must choose roles for them, so choose wisely!

Custom Roles
    FOUNDER
      The founder role is reserved for your first cat only.
      The founder role combines the abilities of the FORAGER role and one combat role. Your founder may be either a FORAGER/MAGE or FORAGER/FIGHTER.

Combat Roles
    MAGE
      A mage is a cat who participates in the magic arts. They are capable of learning combat spells and wielding them through their a magic object, such as a wand, necklace, ring etc. Mages can participate in raids and explore the catacombs. The level of their magic object dictates the power of the spells. Mages can go to the library to upgrade their charmed object and study.

Level Path: Mages have lower hit point totals than fighters however, they are more powerful in combat.

FIGHTER
      A fighter is a cat who fights to defend catalena. Fighters are capable fo weilding a weapon such as a sword, axe or throwing knives. They may also use their claws or teeth to fight enemies. Fighters can participate in raids and explore the catacombs. Fighters can upgrade their weapons by visiting a blacksmith.

Level Path: Fighters have higher hit point totals than mages however, they are less powerful in combat.

Civilian Roles
    MERCHANT
      You may only have one merchant in your guild.
      Merchants are capable of opening up shops and selling items that their guild has foraged for currency! You may sell to other players in the ARPG, or trade with other players. Items must be sold for in-game currency, or exchanged for other in-game items and may not be sold for external currency. Merchants can sell items at the market.

FORAGER
      Foragers are capable of finding necessary herbs and materials for creating certain concoctions to be used in combat. They can also find items for the merchant to sell and more. As a forager levels up, their knowledge of foraging does too, making them more likely to find rarer and more valuable items! Explore the catacombs to forage items!

Level Path:

Misc Roles
    RETIRED
      Retiring your cat removes all civilian, combat and custom roles and gives them the retired role. They may not participate in the activities of catelena anymore including prompts, foraging, blacksmith, crafting, exploring, the market and the library.
      At any point in time, a cat from your guild may be retired to make space for a new cat. There may only be 10 active cats in your guild at once, cats who are retired DO NOT COUNT towards that number. Once you retire a cat, you may not un-retire them unless they are being given away to another guild. A cat must have been in your guild for at least 4 months from the point of being adopted / created before being retired. If you wish to retire your founder, you may make a new founder. You can retire your cat on the registration thread.
Last edited by zealouzie on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 am, edited 16 times in total.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 【CATACOMBS】

Postby hypnowave » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:16 am

General Rules
    • Be kind and respectful to everyone in the community at all times!
    • Please read all of the information on the how to play post before beginning!
    • Catacombs is a closed community, meaning you cannot bring in OCS and join unless you've registered. You cannot make your own
    cat to participate in the community with unless they are your founder, in which case they must follow the founder creation guidelines.
    • Much of Catacombs mechanics rely on the honors system. Please do not abuse this. Any fraudulent activity including faking the amount of currency, resources, EXP etc. that you have will be penalized.
    • Please do not steal the idea, artwork and lore of the catacombs arpg.
    • Please keep everything CS appropriate as this is a CS based game.
    • Read all of the information on designated pages before participating to be sure that you understand all of the rules and instructions
    correctly.
    • If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask!

Roles
    • You can change your cat's role with approval from one of the ARPG owners or a moderator.
    • You can only change your cat's role once every two months.
    • If you change your cat's role, all previously gained experience is voided. Even if the cat goes back to their original role, they will have to start from zero.
    • All upgraded combat items will go back to your inventory and can be given to other cats with combat roles.
    • If you change your merchant's role, therefore no longer having a merchant, your guild shop must be closed until you obtain a cat with the merchant role.

Bans, Guild Dissolution
    • If you wish to dissolve your guild, please PM reyligion so that your cats can be re-adopted. You may transfer your founder and any MYOs out of the ARPG if you designed them or have the designer's explicit permission. If you wish to transfer out the rest of your guild members, contact a staff member as this will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
    • Any bannable offences will result in the automatic dissolution of your guild.
    • The rules and regulations are subject to change at any point in time without warning.
Catacombs has 3 tiers of edits!
Tier 1
Preset tails, preset ears, scars, accessories, facial expreission, minor claw and teeth edits

Tier 2
Custom tail (feline-esque), custom ears (feline-esque), custom fur length, custom hair, missing apendages,
major claw and teeth edits, horn edits, tongue edits, pupil shape / eye type edit, glow, mechanical implants,
natural mutations (polydactyl, munchkinism, four-ear, bicaudal etc.)

Tier 3 (reserved for special adopts only)
Wings, halos, more than 2 tails, up to 4 eyes, up to 3 heads, up to 3 sets of limbs, non-feline atributes
Last edited by hypnowave on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

【STAFF】

Postby hypnowave » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:16 am

Here are our lovely staff!

Last edited by hypnowave on Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 23 times in total.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 【CATACOMBS】

Postby hypnowave » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:17 am

res
hypnowave