Glade Clan || Rise || Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Glade Clan || Rise || Writing

Postby Archery_TPC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:54 pm

GladeClan
Characters // Art

Level 2
Number of Cats: 4 / 7
Additional Cats: 1
Deceased: 0

Current Tasks wrote:

► describe your clan's reputation (50+ words)

Honorable Mentions wrote:Rise #2470

Challenges wrote:► Novel Challenge [ NOVEMBER ]
► 100 Cat Challenge [ UNFINISHED ] [ 3 / 100 ]
► Love Challenge [ AWAITING APPROVAL ] [ CINDERSTAR & HONEYFUR ]

Last edited by Archery_TPC on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 19 times in total.
old account, stopped playing like a solid few years ago 👍
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Glade Clan || Rise || Writing

Postby Archery_TPC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:55 pm

level 0
      one cat
      get your founder
      make a thread
      describe your clan's territory (100+ words)

level 1
      three cats
      describe your clan (100+ words)
      give your leader a history or personality (200+ words each)
      write about or draw a scene showing your leader meeting one of your new clan members

level 2
      seven cats
      write about or draw a scene about your clan's camp
      describe your leader and deputy's relationship (100+ words)
      describe your clan's reputation (50+ words)

level 3
      ten cats
      write about or draw your medicine cat
      give at least one of your cats a history and personality (200+ words each)
      write about or draw a scene of your choice

level 4
      fifteen cats
      describe a clan tradition (100+ words)
      write about or draw a scene of a clan meeting

level 5
      twenty cats
      write about or draw a patrol
      write about or draw a meeting between your leader, medicine cat, or applicable rank with the ancestors

level 6
      five additional cats
      draw or order art of 2 characters
      create a personality or history for 2 characters (200+ words each)
      write about or draw 2 scenes of your choice
Last edited by Archery_TPC on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:55 pm

···

Mates:
      Cinderstar | she-cat · Honeyfur | tom
      Silverfall | she-cat · Maplespots | tom
Last edited by Archery_TPC on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:56 pm

level 0
      'describe your clan's territory'
      Word Count: 289

Clan Territory Image

Across a small running river within a deep forest is a large glade. Flowers coat the glade, a serene place to look at. Most Warriors come here to train apprentices, or to relax. Gladeclan is hidden away in the forest, settled in a ditch. Within this ditch, there are tunneled out caves made for cats, moss bedding placed on the floor of it. Tufts of grass stick out in the middle of the clearing, where there is a small hole in the ground that drops the length of a paw. It's rather big but manages to hold all the prey. The leader's den is at the end of the ditch, a tunneled out hole with flowers placed around the front. Inside is a cozy and relaxing space, the floor covered with moss.

The hunting grounds are across a small river, where the woods stretch out for what seems like forever. Fairly easy to get lost, unless you learn where every tree is placed and where each and every nook and cranny might be. Warriors hunt throughout this woodland, enjoying the calm peacefulness of it. Although, it isn't always peaceful.

Snake clearing is a deadly area full of snakes. It's not far from the river, therefore all warriors are asked to keep away from the direction the clearing is in. Going near it can cause getting in major trouble, from the leader, or the snakes. Since the area is 'abandoned.' There are fun rumors and stories created to make sure no kits or apprentices go near it.

Past the river and woods are a restricted area - know as the spirited lands. No cat is allowed to enter the territory, and there are horrible consequences if found in the spirited lands.

Please Message Me If You'd Like to be on one of the following borders:

North Border - Free
      South Border - Free
      West Border - Free
      East Border - Free
Last edited by Archery_TPC on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 pm

level 1
      'describe your clan'
      Word Count: 310

GladeClan is known for their loyalty. Not only are each and every cat unique in their own way, GladeClan works in a somewhat complex way. Trust and loyalty is a trait every warrior needs. The clan works together, using teamwork and cooperation to survive. With basic clan code and a few little extras, the only complex thing is trying to infiltrate or find how GladeClan works. While being assessed as an apprentice, a few warriors group up and plan an attack to test the apprentice's battle moves, strengths, and quick thinking. Apprentices will also need to catch a somewhat medium-sized amount of prey, or at least do the best they can do. The last test is a test of teamwork and cooperation. The apprentice will be peered up with another apprentice being assessed, and the two will face a challenge that needs teamwork in order to complete it. After the assessment, the leader and mentors have a meeting to decide if the apprentice is ready.

GladeClan is fairly guarded. Each day around four to eight cats are chosen to take turns guarding the entrance to the camp. Four to six cats are chosen so the cats don't tire out and sleep while guarding, therefore it's fully guarded. Two cats are stationed at the entrance, while two others patrol the outer areas of camp. If there are more cats, they rest until swapped. Patrols are sent out with the job of either hunting or patrolling. Hunting parties will find prey and sometimes herbs, while patrols will travel around the outer area of GladeClan territory, sometimes picking up herbs. This way every member of the clan is involved in some way. If not sent on a patrol, there is the job of apprentice duties, joining the guards or, if there are enough warriors, making another patrol if needed. Eventually, though, a new role known as the 'guard' was introduced. These cats assist in protecting patrols and higher roles. These cats train just like normal warriors, but training is focused around battle expertise. Guards are unable to mentor apprentices.

The Ancestral Council is a respected group of Cats in Gladeclan. Each cat has a gift related to death. Nothing supernatural, no... more like another sense. These cats are highly authoritative, and help the leader in making decisions.
Last edited by Archery_TPC on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:34 pm

level 1
      'write about or draw a scene showing your leader meeting one of your new clan members'
      Word Count: 472

Cinderstar stalked through the grass, examining each detail around her. Her ear twitched and her nose jerked as she heard a bush and scented a strange smell. Investigating the pungent smell, Cinderstar scrunched her nose as it worsened. Suddenly, a cat tumbled out of the bushes, landing in front of Cinderstar. With a jump, Cinderstar leaped backward, fur puffing out as she began to hiss at the stranger.
      "Who are you?" She growled, examining the small tabby. The tabby hopped up quickly, stuttering.
      "W- well, I'm M-Mud!" The cat mewed in a small, high-pitched voice, stating it was a she-cat. Wait - how old was this cat?! Cinderstar leaped at the question, the words spilling out of her mouth like a waterfall.
      "You look and sound young, how many moons are you?" It was weird for Cinderstar to show concern, even if it was a kit. For some reason, this cat just seemed friendly.
      "Well, I'm currently fourteen moons old." Why so young?! Well, apprentice age, but still! "Who are you? Are you one of those group cats my friend talked about? Well... not really my friend, she doesn't like me anymore." Before Mud started rambling, Cinderstar cut in and answered the question.
      "Cinderstar." She stated, relaxing her shoulders just a little. Mud seemed to smile widely.
      "So, you are a group cat!"
      "Clan cat."
      "Well, still! Uh..."
      "What now?"
      "Well, my friend hates me so I don't have anywhere to go, and I hate being lonely-" Cinderstar nearly gaped.
      "No." She mewed roughly.
      "Please?"
      "No."
      "Pretty please?" Mud frowned, eyes glistening. Was this cat really about to make Cinderstar - whatever.
      "Fine." Cinderstar sighed. This cat would take moons to mentor, and for her age, there would need to be a lot of rushing to allow her to become a warrior at an appropriate age. How annoying - no matter, though.

"Woah... cool!" Mud gasped as Cinderstar lead her to the camp, half annoyed by all of the young she-cats commentaries. "Do I get a name like you, Cinderstar? Mudstar? Sounds awesome!" Mud was entranced, clearly way too excited. Finally, it came to the naming ceremony. Mud stopped in her tracks as Cinderstar walked to a recently made rocky cliff and yowled the words: "All those who can catch their own prey gather beneath the cliff for a clan meeting!" How interesting and cool! Mud watched as Cinderstar called out to the clan, only listening when Mud had her name called.
      "Mud, you will be known as Mudpaw - I will be your mentor." Mudpaw? Even more awesome! Cinderstar came down from the cliff, padding towards Mud- Mudpaw. "We touch noses, now." Cinderstar whispered, the young cat leaning forward to touch noses with the leader. Cinderstar dismissed the clan, and Mudpaw bounced excitedly.
      "I'm so excited! What now?"
      "We train you to be a warrior."
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:37 pm

level 2
      'write about or draw a scene about your clan's camp'
      Word Count: 221

The warrior's den was cosy - A cute hole dog out of the ditch where Gladeclan was occupied. one could fall in love with the interior, the floor being coated with moss and some patches of the wall softened by other cats for comfort. Not only that, the hollowed-out cave was easily extended, meaning the room was big and airy instead of hot and stuffy, and cramped! Each den was marked with a specific item: Leader had flowers and vines, medicine cat had vines and a small pool made from the medicine cat themselves! The nursery had daisies at the edge of the cave, elders had moss and pebbles, apprentices had twigs, leaves, and a few flowers - the warrior's den had cute little blue flowers that grew in clusters, shining with beauty in the day and glistening in the night with a strange uniquity. Entering the camp gave a specific image, the amount of lush greenery was fairly unusual, but a nice way to organise. Sadly, when small floods happen, the items can be pretty annoying. Overall, the most beautiful scenery in all of Gladeclan would be the entrance. Having a view of the whole camp and the lush greenery outside, too. It gave a peaceful feeling to one who stood or sat there. A nice calmness that floated in the air.
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archery_TPC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:05 pm

level 2
      'describe your leader and deputy's relationship'
      Word Count: 108

Honeyfur and Cinderstar tend to be inseparable when allowed to be together - the one cat Cinderstar truly trusts, the two look like the perfect mates. Some cats like to say it's nice to see Cinderstar opening up or Honeyfur looking truly happy - others say it's a distraction for the deputy and leader to have a relationship.

Cinderstar and Honeyfur plan to have kits as soon as possible - Cinderstar was seemingly hesitant at first but was persuaded after a while. It would be hard with a leader stuck in a nursery and the deputy distracted by new kits, but Honeyfur promised to take his job when the time comes.
Archery_TPC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me