Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

goobies [an arpg] open [announcement!] by byyrde

Based on Click to view
Artist byyrde [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

goobies [an arpg] open [announcement!]

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 am

w e l c o m e xxx t o xxx t h e xxx g o o b i v e r s e
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

archives
main archive || customs/nursery archive || level archive

xlongxtimexagoxonxxplanetxfar,xfarxaway
massive fractures spread from the core to the crust of omicron-06, in a galaxy many thousands of light years from earth. as a red dwarf star set for the last time on the ruptured planet, the last of its former inhabitants fled on starships and refugee cruisers, forced to watch their home disappear into the darkness of space. no one among them is quite sure how or why the planet splintered, but the surface wasn't the only thing that splintered. refugees from the lost omicron-6 broke into separate factions as a result, and now live spread far apart, on many different planets, space bases, and even starships throughout the known universe.
now they seek a new home, or revenge for what happened to their planet, or just a new purpose to call their own.

navigation
main || announcements || rules || staff || leveling up || about systems || stamps and affiliations || faq || res || res
Last edited by byyrde on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 11 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

announcements

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:44 am

8/18/2019
the leveling center has been updated with a new request !! please register your ship before leveling up !! if you have already done so, just register and we'll take care of the rest ;) if you don't have a gooby, you can still register the ship name !!
Last edited by byyrde on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:00 am

usually im not a huge rules person, but i feel like it's really important to outline what is expected from both you and me in this venture !! if you have any questions about them, please don't hesitate to ask me!

species rules
goobies are a closed species, please do not make your own without myo permissions
please be respectful to everyone on this thread, staff and users alike
harassment of any kind, whether personal or over this species, will not be tolerated
please do not change the design of your goobies in any way, except to add items [meaning you cannot add scars without permission]
you may not sell or purchase goobies in any way
trading / gifting your goobies is currently not available, sorry about that
please do not minimod
you can only have one crew
as of right now, you are not allowed to reset your crew's system
you must maintain storage for your crew

staff rules
all staff are permitted to make an unlimited uncommon and under myo per month of service

guest artists
guest artists are on a one month trial and within that time should produce at least 2 and up to 4 adopts, once their month is completed / all of their adopts are made, they will be considered as a full time artist

artists
artists must make at least two adopts a month
may not accept payment / bribes for adopts [this will result in termination]
must be limited in how many uncommon+ adopts they make [there will be better terms for this later]

moderators
active as much as possible
follow the species rules / guidelines as carefully as possible

warning / ban system
as necessary, i will record people who have received warnings or potentially bans here. please don't make me use this system !!
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

staff

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:08 am

a big thank you to all our lovely staff members !! their work is massively appreciated !!
lmaooo i need to hire some staff big oop

permanent staff
byyrde - owner/creator
bettalong - main line artist, general helper

corvidous - moderator
neonpastel - moderator

bloth hoondr - archivist
trial staff
kyum- - guest artist [3/4]

zaz - guest artist [1/4]

wolfwinter - guest artist [3/4]

thiqq - guest artist [3/4]
Last edited by byyrde on Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

leveling up

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:17 am

how do i develop my goobies?
pretty much any way you want !! there are a few predefined "systems" for your goobies to follow, that allow you to expand your crew's lore as well as create your own belief system as to what happened on omicron-06. alternatively, there are systems that completely ignore the planet's past and choose to move entirely beyond it !! these systems are designed to provide you with endless opportunities in creating your spacefaring gelatin monsters.
you are only allowed one system per person, and as of right now there is no way to change your system. luckily, you don't have to commit to a system for a few levels after you begin developing your goobies. you must pick a system at level 3, when you have unlocked 6 goobies.

another important aspect of the goobies is their ship !! the ship acts as their 'territory,' since it's impossible for them to survive long-term on other planets due to their specific atmospheric requirements. luckily, their ships can change massively as they develop and grow in space !! goobies are known for their phenomenal engineering, after all !!

level 0: fresh faces [3 goobies] [ship exterior]
- acquire a captain for your crew
- create / name your ship
- describe / draw the exterior of your ship [this can change later if you want!][100+ words]

level 1: lights on! [4 goobies] [two room ship - main deck and sleeping quarters]
- describe your captain's personality [100+ words]
- describe/draw your ship's main deck/sleeping quarters [100+ words] [think rinky dinky, your ship can change as your crew expands!]
- how do your goobies feel about the loss of their planet? [50+ words]

level 2: establishing order [5 goobies] [two room ship]
- give one of your goobies [excluding the captain] a personality / backstory [100+ words]
- describe/draw two members of your crew interacting [100+ words]
- give your crew an insignia [must be drawn, you can have someone do it for you !!]

level 3: finding purpose [6 goobies] [two room ship]
- give another one of your goobies a personality / backstory [100+ words]
- it's starting to get cramped aboard your tiny refugee ship! how do your goobies react? draw/describe it [100+ words]
- your goobies have been considering what's next for them. which path are they planning to follow and why? [100+ words]
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

about systems

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:33 am

so, systems?
yes, systems !! systems is a way to describe progressing through the goobies arpg. there are several available systems: the battle system, science system, explorer system, scholar system, and the misc system. there is also room for more systems to be developed, and large rewards may be offered to players in the future for helping to come up with them !!
these systems are basically rpg archetypes; your goobies will seek to fulfill certain roles within the system they choose. each system comes with its own rewards, including a legendary goo color applicator that will become available upon reaching the highest standard level [level 8].

battle system
goobies who join the battle system often feel like they have nothing to lose and a lot of anger to release. with the death of their planet, these goobies are the ones who are looking for someone to blame. they take out this blame on other goobies or on other aliens they think are guilty for the destruction of omicron-06.

scholar system
goobies in the scholar system seek to discover the truth about what happened to their planet, omicron-06. they collect artifacts and documents from before omicron's loss, found in floating wreckage and on other planets throughout the galaxy. in this system, your goobies will be hard at work trying to form a theory as to what happened to their home.

science system
goobies in this system have decided to eschew their past and move on to the future! there's tons of old tech from omicron-06 that could use development, or perhaps your goobies are trying to produce something altogether new! whatever the case, science system goobies are hard at work in the laboratory, using their new home among the stars to further their research.

explorer system
goobies in this system typically weren't that attached to omicron-06 to begin with, yearning to feel the solar wind at their backs. now, with their refugee ship as their home, they're ready to take the galaxy by storm! seeking a wide variety of treasures and artifacts far and wide, these crews bravely go where no gooby has gone before.

misc. system
this system is a perfect fit for those goobies whose purpose doesn't really fit anywhere else! whether it be an intergalactic food truck or a devout space knitting circle, these crews do what they do best, whatever the heck that might be!
Last edited by byyrde on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stamps and affiliations

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:35 am

stamps

none yet !! i'll get right on that !!

affiliates

none yet !! message me about becoming an affiliate !!
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

frequently asked questions

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:39 am

nothing yet, feel free to ask questions and the explanations will be included here !!
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

staff forms

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:40 am

interested in becoming a member of the goobies staff?

please pm this form to me to apply, with the name of the position in the title !!

the goobies is currently looking for additional staff members to help really get this ship sailing!
interested? have a look at the requirements and feel free to submit a form !! :>

archivist wrote:- must be able to use google drive
- must have a discord [staff meetings take place here]
- should be proficient in google sheets
- must be able to keep the archives as up to date as possible
- be able to follow the species guide/information as well as possible
- [cs coding is not a requirement for this position!]

interested?
Code: Select all
username:
past archival experience:
examples of archival work:
why would you like to join this team?
what do you think are your greatest strengths?

moderator wrote:- must be sufficiently active on both chicken smoothie and discord
- must have a discord [staff meetings take place here, plus moderation is needed]
- prior moderating experience preferred
- must be able to follow the species guide/information as well as possible

interested?
Code: Select all
username:
past moderating experience:
why would you like to join this team?
how active can you be on cs/discord?
q1: if a user needed help getting started with goobies, how would you help them?
q2: if a user said something inappropriate on discord, what would you do?
what do you think are your greatest strengths and weaknesses as a moderator?
Last edited by byyrde on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res

Postby byyrde » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:40 am

res
byyrde