Based on Click to view
Artist liightning [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #2177

Postby liightning » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:45 am

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To enter, you must own a founder and be at least level 1, or have no founder in progress or at all.

Tell me the best dream they've ever had!

You have 400 words, and if you dare... an extra of 1 art piece.
You can also give me an instrumental piece to listen to while reading your form!

End date: July 28th, 11:59 pm EST

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]cat name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b] (dfab)
[b]age:[/b]
[b]clan:[/b]
[b]rank:[/b]

[b]prompt:[/b] (400 word max)
[b]instrumental piece:[/b] (optional)
[b]extra:[/b] (1 art max)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This cat may not be traded until October 9th, 2019. There is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
For a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. The original owner must post in the archive.

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
    username: SurgeFire
    cat name: Ashpaw
    clan: AsterClan

description: dilute sepia torbie point with minimal white and
    amber eyes

other features: none
    siblings: none living
Last edited by liightning on Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #2177

Postby Trickz » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:46 am

username: ThunderCry04
cat name: Tunacrest
clan: TideClan, link in signature

prompt: (400 Words)
      Tunacrest sat staring at the water's edge, eyes watery as he thought of all the pain he endured in the past. The ship ride to this amazing island, the dangerous experiences as he tried to discover a home safe for him among TideClan, and the continuous pain of who he truly was. Many cats struggled to see him as who he wanted to be, regardless of how strongly he fought for his pronouns and life choices. Sometimes that fight fell a little short. Tunacrest was determined not to give up though.

He looked over his shoulder as a rustling of the bushes sounded behind him. He smiled in happiness when he saw Orcaleap, his best friend. The two often sought out advice in each other, they were both cats that had rough experiences that separated them from some of their clanmates. Orcaleap and Tunacrest had been on the same boat, coming to the island as young cats and being trained as warriors under Tadpolestar's leadership before she died. They supported Applestar, the current leader of TideClan, strongly.

"Orcaleap, greetings." Tunacrest meowed, whiskers twitching as he invited the she-cat to come to sit beside him on the rock. "What are you doing out here?"

"Same as you, thinking about everything we've endured and what we still have to continue to go through."

Tunacrest blinked, tilting his head. He was so caught up in his own business that he didn't even notice that the she-cat was bothered as well. He frowned, feeling sorry for the black and white she-cat. "What's bothering you?"

She sighed, shoulders slumping before meowing, "Kelpnose and I were talking and we want kits, but neither of us can produce any. Deaths when having kits aren't as common anymore, and we don't have many loners on this island. I'm scared neither of us will be happy."

Tunacrest sighed, leaning over to touch his nose to the she-cat's cheek. "I know just how you feel. I want nothing more than the two of you to be happy. You're amazing friends." He looked around, whiskers twitching as he thought over what he could do to help him.

The best dream he had was with his friends happy, living their lives just how they wanted to. It didn't revolve around him and what he wanted, Orcaleap and Kelpnose did their best to help him out quite often. It was about them.
instrumental piece: Click
extra: xxx
Last edited by Trickz on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:39 am

username: SurgeFire

prompt: (400 word max)
The clouds drifted slowly overhead. It seemed to be near sunset here; she could notice, even if it was a dream.
She noticed these things.

To one usually plagued with nightmares, it seemed that the peaceful, lush grassy meadows that stretched out beyond her was a paradise. The warm-colored flowers stretched on for what seemed like forever. Colors of golden to flame; and everything in between.

She drank in the beautiful sights; taking in the air; and at once, did what was natural of one who could view the beautiful array of flora that day - she lept for it.

She tumbled around in the petals, her childlike wonder taking over. She could feel the bits and juices from the flowers staining her pelt, but she couldn't care less; ah-- a dream! She'd never been so relieved in her life; for what felt like so long in her life, she'd always been plagued with... nightmares.

She stopped.

It came back to her-- four moons ago, half her lifetime.
A rush of water; the droplets pouring around her, she clinged desperately to a log, her eyes wide.

Only at the price of her mother's life could she be free; one saved, one returned, to the depths of the unknown.

The flood returned to her in her nightmares.

And yet there was no water; no sign of it here - no flood, no darkness, no log. Out of the ordinary.
She was still on her back; sheepishly, she sat back up, not minding the stains on her fur; the sun still warm along her side.

"Darling?" a voice, smooth as honey - familiar as ever...

A sleek blue sepia lynx point was at her side, and she could only gasp; her own mother - youthful than ever in her last moons alive - sat besides her, eyes fixated on the sunset.
"Isn't it just gorgeous?" the spirit whispered; and for a moment, Ashpaw could hardly respond, and for a moment, she felt a tear trickle down her face.
She continued on before the apprentice could start. "The sun moves on. No matter what, the sun rises and sets; it doesn't let anything stop it, no matter the cloudiest, rainiest days. Just like you could, you know."

"I'm sorry."
"There's no reason to be."

Ashpaw hardly noticed when the dream faded; but when she awoke, the tears were still there - and so was the scent of wildflowers.
[399/400]
instrumental piece: Obstacles by Syd Matters Orchestral Cover
extra:
Last edited by SurgeFire on Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sforzando. » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Res with ashfall when I'm off mobile!
elder scrolls instagram acc.
ImageImage
central time. not very active anymore. 911 dispatcher irl.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albino polar bear » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Last edited by albino polar bear on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4837231]Image[/url

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4604830]Image[/url]

There's always time for a story.
albino polar bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:39 pm

username: dewly_noted
    cat name: rosepaw
    clan: beachclan

prompt:
    An ever expansive flourish of soft blues as if the sky had fallen from it's mantle and shattered across the ground.
    The sky was a gentle pastel of creams and purple clouds. The air smelt like honey and lavender, as if the cream sky was made of honey comb and the clouds were simply lavender petals, floating in the breeze. RosePaw blinked slowly, taking a deep breathe of the gentle breeze that kept whispering over the never ending valley of blue.
    She peeled her eyes from the sky, vision falling to the never ending fields of blue grass, watching as tiny blue petals were taken from earth and twisted up into the sky. Peaceful, in a way she hadn't experienced before. As the waves of wind pushed against her shoulders, whipping the grass around her and dragging thoughts from her mind.
    A twisting thought of awareness rose in her gut and she looked around.
    There was always a meaning behind the dreams, a secret notion, message that taught her something about the past and the future. Any moment now the dream would twist into something darker, something sinister and true. It would hurt and strike fear into her but as the afternoon approached the next day she would have decoded the meaning and understood the world more than she ever had before.
    She waited, breathe being held as any moment the sky would descend into chaos and the grass would start screaming.
    She waited.

The sound of bird song caught her attention, gentle even as it would stubborn. RosePaw squinted, focusing in on the sound, morning birds, signalling the dawn. She twitched, eyes narrowing as she squinted into the horizon, watching as the creams twisted and faded.

She jerked awake. Staring into the dawn light, confused and feeling near concussed. It took her a moment to gather her whits and realise where she was but as the moment came she felt the lump in her chest ease. There hadn't been any catch, no hidden message, no fear.

With a belated laugh she stretched her paws. How mundane, that such a dream was the best she had ever had. [358/400]

instrumental piece: Candles and clockwork

extra:
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:05 am

I'd like to award an HM to dewly_noted; I really liked the whimsical feel of the music and how it matched the dream!

Congrats SurgeFire! I loved Ashpaw's conversation with her mother, as well as the ending. The music and your art both paired really well with the whole mood of the story, and it was really relaxing to read <3

SurgeFire wrote:username: SurgeFire
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:43 am

AHHHH I’M WEEPING
Thank you so much ;0; this cat is gorgeousss i’m so happy to have her <33
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:51 pm

!!! Congrats surge!!! AshPaw's amazing I'm glad you got her!

Thanks for the HM too liightning :3c
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Traded to Kazin!