DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open!

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:20 am

booklover789 wrote:Heyo! If no one enters for Kennel 43 this round, I'd like to please take him back, if possible. ♥

That would be fine! At the end of this round if no one wins the character they'll go back to you <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:38 am

Username
sesquipedalian
Kennel Number
Use
Personal OC, friend
for another character
of mine!!
Name
Egypt
Species/Breed
Dog; Corgi

Personality wrote: Egypt has the kind of personality you'd think
to associate with a corgi; he's friendly and
somewhat bubbly, but don't say that last bit
to his face, because he's also verymfierce
and hates being called anything he considers
remotely cute! While he may not pick a fight
with you for insulting him, he definitely will
if you insult any of his friends. He loves going
places with his pals Eron and Nyoxa (below),
and is often the friend who jokes around and
gets them all into (minor!) trouble.
History wrote: Back when Egypt was a young puppy, he was actually fairly lonely. Every attempt he made to make friends failed, as he seemed just a bit too excited and eager, and others didn't really like that. He grew used to being alone, until he decided to go to a market of sorts as a last ditch attempt to fight back loneliness. While he was there, he came upon a stand selling paintings, where he met his soon-to-be best friend Eron, who would in turn introduce him to other friends, such as Nyoxa and Hera (another oc of mine).
extras wrote:n/a, unable to get art

codeword wrote:stormwarnings

Username
sesquipedalian
Kennel Number
Use
Personal character; hoping to
get some more art of her O.O
Also a friend for ^
Name
Nyoxa
Species and/or Breed
Cat

Personality wrote: Nyoxa is a bit awkward, but an overall
loving friend. She enjoys stargazing and chilling
with her friends, even though she's the only
feline in the group, which can lead to some pretty
heated arguments. Nyoxa won't hesitate to let you
know if she thinks something you said is messed up,
but she'll do it in the nicest way possible, as she
doesn't want any hurt feelings. She hates being
singled out for any reason, good or bad, and often
finds herself in situations where she doesn't know just
what to say or do. But when this happens, she tries
not to freak out, instead slowing down and taking the
time to sort out what exactly is going on. She has a
little bit of trust issues, but once you get on her good
side, you're there to stay!
History wrote: While Nyoxa tries to keep her personal life under wraps as much as possible, if she feels you need to know something about her, you won't be left out of the loop. She grew up one of two children, living with her mother and older brother. She was somewhat obviously their mother's favorite, and was always made to feel bad by her brother for "being such an attention hog," and not leaving any time for him. It got to the point where he would bully her, and if she brought it up to her mother, she was simply told to stop whining, or she wouldn't be her favorite anymore. Nyoxa eventually stopped caring what her mom thought and began standing up for herself, protecting herself from her brother.

extras wrote:n/a, unable to get art

codeword wrote:stormwarnings
Last edited by _rιyα_ on Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:19 am

Bump!

So when would you all like the code drop date to be?
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am

-i haven't posted anything this round yet but i plan to do so once i get back from my holiday.
i'm personally thinking in a month or something perhaps (20th August, somewhere around then)? Honestly though i personally don't mind. ^^
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 am

I agree that a month sounds great! :)
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 am

Sounds good! A month from now it is <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:02 am

Coolio! Plenty of time to try and commission some art :twisted:
_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoMoYA » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:04 am

Ahh okay. I could manage sooner (like, end of July xD) but whatever everyone else needs is fine =D
。⋆🎀⋆。
🪦🕊️
。⋆🎀⋆。
˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
Art Fight ♡ Thoma irl

MoMoYA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:59 am

Direwolf_1411225 wrote:Ahh okay. I could manage sooner (like, end of July xD) but whatever everyone else needs is fine =D

Look on the bright side - with more time on your side, you can make your forms even better! :D If you finish them by the end of July, then you'll have another 20 days to make them even better, and get even more art and write even more information for the characters you're trying to obtain! :) Take whatever time you have at your disposal and use it to your advantage.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainRon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:19 pm

Base by From the Stars, edits and revamp by booklover789
(I will try to draw a pic of him before the codedrop, but since artfight is still going, IDK if I will have time </3)

Username: CaptainRon
Kennel Number: 20
Species and/or Breed: Human
Use: short stories that may turn into a novel someday
Name: Often called "Mario", though that's not his real name.
Personality:
Stern | Reserved | Professional | Organized
Mario is kind of quiet, but willing to speak up when he sees the need. He always calmly, but firmly enforces the rules. He likes to keep things around him nice and tidy, so he always knows where to find the things he needs.
History:
"Mario" owns a small used book store across the street from the popular shopping mall. The store is called "Mario's" as the building had previously been a pizza place before the gluten-free-dairy-free-hippy-vegan-plant-based nonsense fad drove it out of business. "Mario" had always wanted to own a book store, but didn't have a ton of money, so he wasn't able to change the sign when he moved into the building. People quickly took to calling him Mario, and he never bothered correcting them. No one is sure what his real name is.
Prior to opening "Mario's", "Mario" was a soldier, of sorts. He worked for a small government group that most people have never heard of, and went on small, but very important missions in countries that most people have never heard of. He was paid well, and he used that money to take care of his family... until they left him a few years back, and took most of his money with them.
He prefers not to talk about his past, or his life in general, but if you want to talk about your favorite book or author, he's a decent conversationalist. He's also not opposed to playing the occasional video game.
Extra(s):
Relationships:
Name Unknown- His ex-wife. Or, "wife", since they never technically got divorced. She is no longer in his life however, and he doesn't know how to contact her. He assumes she doesn't want to be contacted and respects her wishes.
Name Unknown- His daughter, his heartbreak. He desperately wishes to have her back in his life, and hopes that when she is old enough she will come looking for him. She's probably a preteen around now, though if you asked for her exact age, "Mario" would decline sharing that information.
Jarwx- They don't have a deep personal bond or anything, but this cat frequently wanders around the general area that "Mario" lives. Sometimes he will share a bite of meat from his sandwhich with the cat, who deeply appreciates it. "Mario" sometimes wonders if the cat belongs to one of those hippy-vegan weirdos that refuses to give him meat. (Which unfortunately for Jarwx, he does belong to a vegan wierdo.)
Mary- A teenager who frequents the bookshop. One of the few people who has ever asked if "Mario" is his real name, so he imagine's she is a bit kinder than she looks. She stops by at least once a week, looking for particular copy of Shakespeare's complete works. She's convinced that someday someone will sell it to either this bookstore, or one of two others in town. She rarely buys anything, as she has yet to find the book she is looking for, but "Mario" smiles a little every time he sees her. He likes to think she would get along well with his daughter if she were still around.
stormwarnings
CaptainRon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me