A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

kalon | summer 2019 event | nature hunt 02

Postby apprentice_ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:26 pm

RelationSHIP advice! / rainichi / octopus / sign up / ruka

im chi | they/them | spicy & undead
──────────────────────
links artshop
fern lyn
──────────────────────

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #4 Open!]

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:53 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: FluffyBirdie
Link to sign-up post: xx
Prompt response: 218 words
    Alania shrugged, giving Carter a sheepish smile. "I've never been in a relationship before, so I can't tell you much, or give him any advice." She says apologetically. "I've heard some talk about it in the town near my little home, so I guess I'll tell you what I've heard there? Well, I'm assuming they're good friends? If Caro is eager enough to ask him out. I'll be surprised if they're not, he doesn't seem like the type to suddenly ask someone for a date, but if they're not friends or even acquaintances, I would suggest that. Being friends with your crush would make them notice you more. But if they are friends, I suggest gifts? And then a confession. From what the townspeople say, admitting your feelings directly to them is better than writing it on paper and sending it to the person in question. It's a bit tactical, but it gives the crush less time to consider the advantages or disadvantages of being with you or reconsider their answer, making them fall back on what they feel about you and responding with that. A gift makes them feel better towards you as well before you ask the big question. So if Caro knows Monty's favourites, he should try giving that. Even if it's just something small."

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyGold » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:55 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: SkyGold
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&start=10#p125966071
Prompt response: Image
"I have so much I could tell you!"
ImageImageImageImage

Flitz | Kalons | To-do | n/a
| click the chickens for their respective links |

leaving, had a fun 6 years! :)
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #4 Open!]

Postby ruse » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:14 pm

RelationSHIP advice!

Username: ruse
    Link to sign-up post: finger guns i gave up the aesthetic for u babey (take me back pls) // prompt: 01 02
    Prompt response: i am deeply apologetic to mint and anyone else who reads this

while eden was not particularly intimidated by shark, he did like to keep his distance from the man. especially after the "baby shark" song recording thing. though, he'd said it before while running away, and he'll say it again: it's a damn masterpiece.
    eden summons a deep breath. tries to remember what it all boiled down to. it's for carter, it's for carter it's for car
    he catches shark in his line of sight, the islander's hunched back on an old tree trunk. eden's somewhat tempted to grab him from behind and shake his shoulders, singing, 'guess who?' but remembers somewhere, lucidly, he'd done that before to a similar person of similar stature and disposition and had gotten punched in the face. it hadn't particularly hurt, what with eden being a Registered Dumbass and learned in the art of Not Showing Real Feelings, but he wouldn't want to ruin the already fragile balance of being around number 20ish alongside the rest of the lost cruise-goers on shark's hit list, yeah?
    "is it true our resident grumpypants has fallen in love?" he enters shark's peripheral vision as he begins his interrogation, calling upon his memory of carter's smile as he tries to mimic it (the kindness of it, the giddiness, the shyness). despite his earlier thoughts, eden has gone straight for the kill, paralleling how he'd gotten it out of carter, the bubbly mess.
    shark scowls in response, and eden thinks he'd leave it at that before he hears a grumbled "what about it?"
    "wait, seriously? i mean, cough. boy, do i have some great advice for you!" his voice booms, not unlike a late-night infomercial. "okay, look, i might look, be young. but i have experience in these kind of things." again, eden lies through his teeth easily. he wonders briefly how'd it would feel like if lies had physical form and just. went through his teeth while he danced around the truth numbly. three out of four dentists hate him!, a voice in the back of his mind chimes in. that sounds right. anyways (the sequel).
    "you might want to get your notebook out for this. it's pretty long," eden warns, ignoring shark has nothing on his body (except his scars and his anger masking his social anxiety and likely, some knives handy for like, cutting fruit or something and the Edge Value).
    "mon- the professor likes books a lot, right? so first, you woo the guy by pining after him by afar, which, i guess, you have down." eden meets shark's glare at the comment and waves it off, mischief in his eyes. "then like, wait ─ is there a library around here? because like, this plan would be WAY better off if there was. ugh, fine, nevermind. you can just take, i mean, borrow ─with or without asking, no matter─ and make library cards for them. just put your name in those and return them discretely. don't tell him it's you who borrowed the books. he'll get annoyed maybe, but the romanticized curiosity-mystery-thing's gonna mask that so, whatever. and the next step is that you start making yourself known to him. but never reveal personal details unless he asks; keeping the mystery is key! also maybe like, become a violin-maker and maybe also also aspire to work to become a professional one in cremona, italy. violin-makers are practically kin with uh, mechanics anyways, right? all the while, you convince the professor to write his own book, chase his dreams. then you go to italy to train and come back after two months. you two meet again during the dawn you come back and he's finished his OG book and you're on your way in the violin-maker world, so you're both high on these feelings and confess your love to one another for like, ever. the end."
    shark mulls over the proposed plans and seems to decide they're alright or at least, pretends to, so that eden might get the idea to leave. actually, it happens more like: "okay. thanks for your weird story, kid. now skit."
    eden still beams watching the fisherman's face shift like a mood ring when pressed (if the metaphor rang true though, his face would be a broken [or cheap] mood ring that only shied into darker or warmer tones).
    "okay! i'll be needing 20 bucks as for the (down) payment for the great advice!" again, another dagger of a look from shark in reply. "how about, 19.99? okay, i was kidding! chill, sharkie. but seriously, good luck wooing the man of your dreams!" eden, finally, bows out, whistling good-naturedly on his way back and ignoring he'd just called shark sharkie and offered him the basic plot of studio ghibli's movie adaption of whisper of the heart as probably serious relationship advice (812 words ... whack).

tl;dr eden attempts to plagiarize his advice while antagonizing shark further! (824 words im done now)
ruse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FANTASIIIA » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:14 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: c a w.
Link to sign-up post: XxX

Prompt response:

First of all,,
It’s better to know than not to.
You find yourself obsessively thinking about whether or not you should do the thing that you want to do.
Although it can be scary to finally send your crush that risky text or ask them out in person for fear of what they might say or think, in the end, it’s better to get it over with and get an answer either way.
Spending time stressing out about what could happen is not worth your time.
So, why not ask your crush out and see what they have to say?
You really don’t have much to lose in this situation.
If your crush isn’t absolutely honored to go on a date with you or doesn’t have the respect to turn you down nicely, then they are not someone that you should be spending time with anyway.
If this person is a part of your friend group, then they should be able to understand what you were willing to risk in order to ask them out and should admire you, rather than shame you!

What could you do? first of all, prepare for the worst.
Know the worst-case scenario before you go to ask out your crush. And then focus on how it’s really not that bad. The absolute worst thing that they can do is say no. From there, you’ll be able to move on. That doesn’t sound too bad, now does it?
Be confident when asking this person out too. Confidence is the most natural form of beauty. Know what you’re going to say and be confident when saying it. Your crush will like you ten times more if you believe in yourself. Whether you plan out exactly what you’re going to say to your crush or you decide to do it spontaneously, be confident in yourself and your abilities.

Phew, that wasn’t so bad, was it? Whether your crush said yes or no, be proud of what you have just done. Being open and vulnerable isn’t easy and it’s not something that you should just shrug off. You were able to gather the confidence in yourself to do something that you’ve wanted to do and that’s amazing — no matter the result!

374 words, phew.
Last edited by FANTASIIIA on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FANTASIIIA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: SilhouetteStation
Link to sign-up post: here

Prompt response: (438w)
Annie made a soft humming noise, a slight crease appearing between her eyebrows as she thought. She was aware of Carter studying her face, his eyes betraying the fear and worry he felt at confessing Caro's secret. For a few minutes they sat without speaking, birdsong filling the silence.

"Okay," she finally said. Carter sat up a little straighter, a flicker of hope crossing his face. "So I hadn't mentioned this before, but back home, my job is centered around stuff to do with self love. Motivational speeches, advice giving - I'm kinda going down the path of being a life coach, I suppose. I work with people who need to find self love within themselves, to help them become better in life."

Carter was nodding as she spoke, but Annie could tell he was somewhat confused by what she was saying.

"I'm not, like, a relationship expert in regards to couples," she continued. "But I do think some of the things I promote and teach can be applied here."

"Okay..." he said slowly. "Things like what?"

"I tell people it's good to get to know yourself," she replied. "Your likes, your dislikes, what you're interested in, what you'd like to do. I believe a great relationship can be formed on these things, and that's where Caro can start."

"By getting to know him?" Carter asked. "Isn't that, like, a given?"

"Yes," she agreed, "but it's still a very important factor. Before Caro tells Monty how he feels, he needs to get to know him. Properly. He should ask about his favorite book, favorite song, favorite time of day, favorite colour. What food he likes, what food he dislikes - that'll help for dinner, too."

"They're having dinner?" He questioned, looking confused.

"If all goes well, I should hope so," she replied. "But the most important thing is the connection. He needs to show an interest in Monty, really show he wants to get to know him. Show him that he cares. In return, I'm sure Monty will also want to get to know him. There's no greater thing you can have with someone than a conversation that lets you form a bond with them."

He very quietly repeated the last sentence to himself, before firmly nodding and giving her a smile. "That's really - that's a good one right there. I like that. I'll pass that on to Caro." He let out an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hopefully he won't be angry after that."

She let out a laugh. "Don't worry, Carter. Good advice is all part of the job; customer satisfaction guaranteed."
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethulai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:10 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: Ethulai
Link to sign-up post: Boop!
Prompt response:

Radford blinked at Carter stupidly, suddenly understanding Caro's mutterings about the blonde chatterbox.
"Woah, woah, woah. Lemme get this straight. You want me to like, give probably the most intimidating kalon on this whole island, advice about his crush?"
Carter nodded cheerfully.
"Are you out of your mind?" Radford spluttered.
"I'd say it was your own fault for being so nosy," Carter answered with a wink.
Knowing that not only had he been bested but also expertly led into a tidy trap, Radford turned on his heel and stalked away towards the pier.
"Thanks a mill!" he heard Carter gleefully holler.

He stomped up to Caro, shoulders slumped.
"Something wrong?" asked the scarred kalon.
"So, you're sweet on the Professor, huh?" Radford blurted.
Caro scowled, "How the hell did you...that busybody! I'll give him a piece of my mind!" he started to turn away but Radford ran in front of him, paws outstretched in benediction.
"Look, don't blame the jock. I kept buggin' him," Radford reluctantly admitted. "I don't know why though, as soon as I start talking to the dude I want to leave, but somehow I get stuck there."
"I know the feeling," Caro said and rubbed his temples.

"Uh, so Monty has taken me whale watching a few times," Radford began once he saw the other kalon had somewhat calmed down.
"Yeah?" Caro ventured, attempting to act nonchalant.
"The Professor really digs books. I haven't seen him without one. Seems a little scatterbrained though. Real smart, but silly about the little things."
"I don't have time for books," Caro interrupted, growling.
"That ain't the point, if you like someone, you gotta get to know 'em. Just...talk to the dude. Even if you can't understand what the hell he's going on about. I hardly ever do. He's real smart. A total zeek. Let him assist you, make him feel like he's helping even though you'll have to work throughout the night fixing his mess."
"Why should I give myself more trouble?"
"Is he more trouble than he's worth?" Radford challenged.
Caro shook his head firmly.
"Think of all the time you'll be spending together."
A slow smile started spreading across the older kalon's face.

[366 words]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┌───────────────┐

💀 // 💀 // 💀 // 💀
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Everyday is Halloween
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- Shakespeare, The Tempest

└───────────────┘
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:37 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: planiteri || Link to sign-up post: here

Prompt response:

Dmitri snorted. Shark and Monty. A match made in heaven. It honestly made a lot of sense. Looking to Carter, he scanned the kalons face before sighing gently. Love advice? Love advice. To Caro. Huffing softly, he stood up from where he had been relaxing while they had talked. Stretching his arms above his head, patting down his pockets to double check he had everything still.

"Yea, sure I guess. I'll give the old shark man some relationship advice. I don't know if it'll help. But I'll try my best."

Dmitri walked to where he had been hinted the old mechanic would be. Likely working. Likely busy. But hey, gotta make time for love. If what Carter said was true indeed than Caro would need all the help he could get. How many others had come to give him relationship advice on the whims of the hyperactive carpenter. Spotting the man in question, Dmitri walked over, settling down in comfortable silence the only noise that of metal against each other.

"So, Monty huh?"

The distinctive clang of metal hitting the ground was proof enough that what Carter had said was true.

"Who told you?"
"Who do you think."

Turning to properly face the mechanic, watching him pick up the tool he had dropped. Dusting it off carefully before putting it back where it belonged. A faded tint of red tinged his ears as his face stayed as cool as ever. Waiting for Caro to finally look at him.

"Don't go telling anyone."
"I won't, just thought you should know Carter ain't the best at keeping it a secret. Wouldn't be surprised if everyone but Monty knew already. All I'm gonna say is that the worst he can say is no. I'm not to very good at relationships myself, but I do know that if you don't ask, you're never going to really know. Which, I feel, would be a shame."
"Oh yea? And how many people have you confessed to squirt?"
"Enough."
"Enough, huh?"
"Yup. Enough."

The silence stood there for awhile, before the rhythmic noise of metal against metal started once more. Dmitri turned back to looking out over the beach. It was nice.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx. » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:35 am

un - ★ star child ★ | su - x | kal - antheia

RelationSHIP advice!

there's silence for maybe five seconds, and then antheia throws her head back and laughs. it's not a nice laugh - bitter, angry, full of nothing that hints at her actually finding the question funny. when she looks down again the raw laughter fades and leaves her looking exhausted, even though her eyes are still full of a bright and angry pain.
"who have you been talking to from the cruise about me? have they told you about me, the witchdoctor? the love master? what else have they told you?"
she shakes her head then, abruptly, and if possible seems even angrier.
"nevermind. you want my advice? monty's the whale guy. he likes his whales. caro should tell monty about all the whales he's ever seen. 'oh, professor, i saw this whale once, could you help me figure out which kind?'. a relationship built on marine mammals is sure to be a whale of a time."
she pauses for just a second, a little of her anger evaporating at her own joke. it comes back just as fast.
"look, whatever you tell them to do, caro has to do it alone. you can give him advice and things can go great or they can crumble in ruins around his ears. that's his risk to take."
"but hey... try see that caro doesn't get his heart broken, yeah? i don't want to wake up breaking in half because someone else's' heartbreak decides to latch onto me in the middle of the night. good luck with your friend."

[253/200]
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowflakette » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:44 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: Snowflakette • Link to sign-up post: here <3 • 429
────────────────────────────────────────────

Clemencio twisted his thumbs gently around each other, looking down to his feet
as he took in all of the information Carter had given him, thinking quietly on what
type of advice would best work for the angry looking mechanic. He was obviously
not too angry if he was able to have a crush. A crush on a big, whale watching nerd.
Monty was great, Clemencio adored his company whenever they were whale watching
in groups. His knowledge on the species was amazing and he enjoyed learning about
them all just as much as Monty seemed to have talking about them. Pushing off of the
chair, he beamed to Carter, giving a thumbs up.

"I got this!"

Carter beamed, waving as the younger kalon scampered off in search of Caro.
Clemencio knew little about the mechanic, only really where he worked and how he
was helping with the ship which would hopefully be up and running soon enough. As
much as Clem enjoyed the island, being home would be lovely. Being home with family
and friends and...-

Having been lost in thought, Clemencio hadn't noticed when they had walked directly
into someone... but not just someone. The someone.

"Watch where you're going."
"Mr. Shark! Hi! Hello! How are you today?"

There was a sigh as the kalon stopped walking, looking down to Clem. Mr. Shark.

"Fine. You know, Caro is perfectly fine."
"That's good Mr. Shark. I'm glad!... very glad."
"Alright kid, what's up?"
"Nothing! Nothing... I just think you and Monty will look super cute together."

He beamed, watching as Caro stopped completely. Looking to Clem before over to
where Carter's home would be. Letting out a deep breath as he paced gently back
and forth across the sand.

"I knew I couldn't trust him to keep quiet."

Clemencio hummed, watching the older man pace for a couple of seconds before
stepping in front of him. Forcing him to stop in his tracks. Motioning for him to
lean down. Beaming brightly as he did so, looking less than amused.

"I hope you two make each other happy. Relationships are a two way street, right?
So, you just gotta be open to communicate with him and things will work out! You
should go talk with him! Get to know him better. Maybe go whale watching with him!
He really likes whale watching."

Caro looked down to him with a smile. Ruffling Clem's hair gently as he walked off.

"Are you gonna go talk with him, Mr. Shark?"
"Sure kid. And I told you! You can just call me Caro."

Snowflakette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me