Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

FELAIRS - fall event! by EmberWolf

Based on Click to view
Artist EmberWolf [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
93 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by tiny

by tiny

by tiny

by tiny

by tiny

FELAIRS - fall event!

Postby EmberWolf » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:30 am

Backgrounds + text by tiny
Lines by EmberWolf
Last edited by EmberWolf on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:35 am, edited 11 times in total.
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

about

Postby tiny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:31 am

✧ what is a felair? ✧

Felairs are a species of cat that are little-known but far spread. They have been around since ancient times, with a powerful legacy passed down through each cat’s heirloom. They exist as keepers of their biomes, nurturing growth and acting as a caretaker for their environment. Their presence is vital to the natural world, and they have maintained their strong legacy with a family heirloom.

✧ rules ✧
    - don't claim Felairs as your own, and always give proper credit (offsite use is allowed)
    - there is no limit on number of Felairs you can own, but special event Felairs may be limited
    - do not add any additional items to Felairs as it would go against the lore
Last edited by tiny on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

heirlooms

✧ the importance of heirlooms ✧

heir·loom [ˈerlo͞om/]
      · a valuable object that has belonged to a family for several generations.

Each Felair has an object that is held near and dear to them: their family stone. Depending on their biome, they treasure a beautiful stone that their ancestors gathered and passed on to them, be it a beautiful emerald from the desert, striking granite from the mountains, or anything in between. They’re more than just a rock, though – these heirlooms contain the souls of their ancestors, and therefore, their entire family history.

Keeping their heirloom close to them is of vital importance to every Felair. Some have chosen to have their stones crafted into jewelry, while others have chosen to keep the stone in the raw as their ancestors discovered it. If a an heirloom became lost, the cat would lose their entire family legacy and lose the ability to pass it down. Should a Felair not be able to continue its legacy, the environment in which it lives would suffer without a keeper to inherit it.

Heirlooms allow each Felair to breed and pass on their legacy to their offspring. Since they only have one heirloom, each cat may only breed once. Their stones drive the breeding, and each breeding produces two offspring, one to inherit each heirloom.

Since the heirlooms are the main factor of breeding, and pairing of any gender is allowed but once their heirloom is passed, they may not breed again and permanently lose their stone so that their offspring may begin to carry on their legacy.
Last edited by tiny on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

biomes

✧ where felairs live ✧

A Felair's primary purpose in life is to preserve and protect the environment they live in, and to continue to ensure that it is taken care of for eternity by passing on their heirlooms. Each biome has unique traits and heirlooms.

✧ forest ✧

Temperate in climate and conducive to lots of life, forests are the most common place to find Felairs. Most cats in this area are seen with standard fur, standard tails, and standard ears. Their heirlooms may be stones such as quartz, emeralds, amber, and garnets.

✧ mountains ✧

At higher altitudes with chillier temperatures, mountain-dwelling Felairs are a hardy bunch! They are slightly less common, and can be typically seen with standard or long hair with the potential for bobbed tails or tufted ears. Their heirlooms may be stones such as granite, limestone, aquamarines, or sapphires.

✧ desert ✧

To thrive in the hot and arid desert, Felairs living in this biome typically have shorter hair and are lighter in color to avoid absorbing heat. They are uncommon to see, but their presence is felt across the desert. Their heirlooms may consist of things such as gold, copper, and opals.

✧ coastal ✧

Felairs that reside on the coast enjoy sand, sea breezes, and ocean air. These rare cats are hard to spot, and typically have shorter hair with longer tails. Their heirlooms may be items like seashells, pearls, or sand dollars.

✧ arctic ✧

Equipped for the harshest temperatures and deepest snow, Arctic Felairs can almost never be found. They have thick coats to weather them through the cold and may have tufted ears and any length of tail. Their heirlooms may consist of ice crystals, spectrolite, and diamonds.
Last edited by tiny on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

traits + rarity guide

Postby tiny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:32 am

✧ felair traits ✧

All discovered traits will be listed here. As breeding occurs, there is always a chance of mutations occurring in the offspring that can then be passed on to future generations.

* - not discovered yet

common traits:
    · standard fur
    · standard ears
    · standard tail

uncommon traits:
    · short fur
    · short bobbed tail
    · standard long tail
    · fluffy tail
    · tufted ears

rare traits:
    · hairless*
    · fluffy fur
    · long fluffy tail
    · bobbed fluffy tail
    · folded ears
    · heterochromia
    · blindness
    · mismatched ears

very rare traits:
    · albinism*
    · chimerism*
    · polydactyly*
    · any different type of nose*

non-inheritable traits:
    · injuries, scars, missing limbs, piercings

non-rarity traits:
    · whisker length (short, medium, long)
Last edited by tiny on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

breeding + family trees

Postby tiny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:32 am

✧ felair breeding ✧

The reason for a Felair’s existence is to ensure their biomes are taken care of properly, and to produce heirs to continue their legacy. Breeding is essential to the species. When two heirlooms are brought together, the pairing produces 2 offspring. Any pairing of any gender will produce offspring. Each Felair also has a genome that portrays its genetic makeup, and its likelihood to pass on traits to its offspring. Thanks to this genome, we will also see traits pop up from grandparents and onwards as your legacy continues.

✧ how breeding works ✧

Find a willing mate! It can be two of your own or another Felair, with both parties in agreement. A great way to do this is through our breeding channel on our Discord! If we have open breeding slots, you can fill out the breeding request form and post it on this main thread. If you are breeding your Felair with one that you don't own, both owners must post this request form. While more foundation Felairs are being created, breeding slots may be very limited.

An artist will then do your breeding, producing two offspring! Each parent passes their heirloom on to their child, and the parent Felair loses their heirloom permanently. This change will be reflected in their official reference as well. Because of this, Felairs can only breed once- choose mates wisely!

✧ breeding form ✧

slots open: 1! Any traits you may earn during the game can be added to this breeding slot.

1. Aesop (#10) x Elgin (#17) (1/2 complete)
    2. Merkusii (#5) x Kaiyo (#9)
    3. Strike (#3) x Pine (#13)
    4. open

BOTH PARTIES MUST SUBMIT THIS FORM IF YOU ARE BREEDING WITH A FELAIR YOU DO NOT OWN. This is first come, first served when both mates have had a form filled out for them.

Code: Select all
    ✧ breeding request ✧
    username:
    felair #:
    felair name:
    felair gender:
    chosen mate (felair #):

✧ family trees ✧

Family trees are the official way to keep track of your Felairs! Create a character storage thread, and your main post will be your foundation Felair, and you will create a post underneath for each breeding. Your offspring will then have a separate post under the breeding, and that will continue down the line! An example is coming soon.
Last edited by tiny on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:45 am, edited 13 times in total.
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: FELAIRS

Postby tiny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:34 am

open for posting! <3 feel free to mark even though y'all have no idea what this will be.... yet ;)
Last edited by tiny on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: FELAIRS - coming soon!

Postby Nocsokol » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:36 am

Mark!! I'm exited to see what these are
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx