goobies [an arpg] the goobiverse [dnp]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

goobies [an arpg] the goobiverse [dnp]

Postby byyrde » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:16 am

w e l c o m e xxx t o xxx t h e xxx g o o b i v e r s e
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

archives
main archive || customs/nursery archive || level archive

xlongxtimexagoxonxxplanetxfar,xfarxaway
massive fractures spread from the core to the crust of omicron-06, in a galaxy many thousands of light years from earth. as a red dwarf star set for the last time on the ruptured planet, the last of its former inhabitants fled on starships and refugee cruisers, forced to watch their home disappear into the darkness of space. no one among them is quite sure how or why the planet splintered, but the surface wasn't the only thing that splintered. refugees from the lost omicron-6 broke into separate factions as a result, and now live spread far apart, on many different planets, space bases, and even starships throughout the known universe.
now they seek a new home, or revenge for what happened to their planet, or just a new purpose to call their own.

navigation
what are goobies || anatomy || trait rarities || the goobiverse || system 1 || system 2 || system 3 || system 4 || system 5
Last edited by byyrde on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[what are goobies]

Postby byyrde » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:40 am

WHO ARE THE GOOBIES?

the goobies are from a planet much like earth, save for the fact that it's broken pieces lie scattered throughout the galaxy they once called home. they are an extremely intelligent species, capable of creating space faring technology, although not all of them follow this technological way of life. as refugees, they seek a new purpose, and each one has a different image of what that purpose looks like. as a result, many different factions of gooby have formed, each with their own idea of what life after omicron-06 looks like.
due to the unique nature of omicron-06, the goobies have a difficult time settling on planets due to their specific atmospheric requirements. as a result, they develop their new lives aboard their ships. this doesn't mean they are limited though; there are many different ways for goobies to live beyond omicron-06. some choose to develop the technology of their old planet to new heights, while others seek to discover the truth of what happened to their planet. some travel the stars to battle other goobies in an effort to seek revenge for what happened, and others still eschew their own history, choosing to explore the universe beyond their red star system.
this freedom to choose suits the goobies, as their appearances are as diverse as the many occupations they choose for themselves. goobies are gelatinous creatures, with all of their internal structures contained in an opaque, slime-like substance. this goo almost always comes in a solid color. to help protect their insides, they also have a tough skin that covers their back, and legs, which is often covered in soft, plush fur. this fur can come in all sorts of colors, but typically has more natural colors and appearances. their goo is capable of taking on many different appearances, including ear-like shapes or appendages similar to an axolotl.

with so many options for a gooby's purpose and so many different features and appearances for a gooby, the possibilities are endless when it comes to working with one!
Last edited by byyrde on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[anatomy]

Postby byyrde » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 am

gooby gelatin
a gooby’s gelatin is usually a coagulated liquid of almost any kind, and it coats their entire bodies and surrounds their internal organs. on the exterior, gooby gelatin is surprisingly difficult to penetrate, despite being soft and slightly sticky to the touch. beyond the gooby’s gelatin, their internal organs and skeleton are surrounded by a liquid that takes the place of their blood. this liquid flows freely throughout the body, and some goobies are able to control its flow and ‘puff up’ certain parts of their gelatin bodies. the gelatin and liquid can come in many colors, but are typically brightly colored. the gelatin can also take on many additional forms, such as horns or spines.

gooby fur
to help protect a gooby’s gelatin, they have a layer of skin and fur that wraps around their back and legs and extends up to the edge of their necks. this fur is usually surprisingly soft and typically comes in natural colors, like animal fur might. a gooby typically has fur covering their back and their legs, leaving their head, neck, underbelly and tail exposed. rarely, the fur can extend beyond these areas, covering up more goo, or even be lacking in certain spots. extremely rarely, a gooby with almost no skin or fur is born, although these goobies rarely survive past infancy. the fur helps in regulating body temperature and protecting the gooby’s innards from harm, and is incredibly important to their survival.

other anatomical information
goobies are not gendered the way that earth species are. genetically, they lack the reproductive organs and gender-specific alleles that make earth males and females biologically distinct. in that regard, they are all a single gender. however, many choose to identify by gendered pronouns, while some eschew the concept entirely and go by they/them.
goobies most commonly have big, bear-like paws with little opposable thumbs on their front legs and lion like back feet. theoretically their legs can be shaped like just about anything, although this is a rare development. where paw pads would be, goobies display their goo.
goobies typically have surprisingly small and compact internal organs, and the opaque nature of their goo bodies allows for them to be invisible from the outside except in very rare cases. while their anatomy is similar to that of a human or earth animal, they lack certain organs, specifically the digestive system. any gooby born with a digestive system is carrying an entirely vestigial system in their bodies, as their gelatin absorbs and creates nutrients for them without the need for a whole separate system.
this gelatinous digestion is surprisingly powerful, and means goobies can get energy from eating basically anything, either plants or animals to actual garbage. their goo is increibly acidic, unless it is exposed to the air. when that happens, it loses the ability to perform digestive duties. as a result, most goobies take long naps after they’ve eaten to allow their bodies to absorb the nutrients from their food.
goobies can range in size from a great dane to a liger, and when they stand on two legs they can reach up to eight feet tall, though most are around six feet tall. they can be even larger than this size, and the largest known gooby was about the size of a bear. the smallest one ever recorded was the size of a german shepherd, but these types of size extremes are very rare.
gooby eyes lack pupils, and their irises typically appear as darker colors of their primary goo color. in their mouth, they have rows of gooey teeth much like canines,which also appear as a darker color compared to their primary goo color. their tongues can be a variety of shapes, but typically they are thick and canine-like in shape.
Last edited by byyrde on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[trait rarities]

Postby byyrde » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:39 am

trait rarities
goobies can have a LOT of different traits, in many varied forms. therefore, trait rarity isn't always cut and dry, but this is as in-depth a list as you'll find. if you're interested in having certain traits that aren't listed, ask me about them and i will find them a place on the list and let you know what level of rarity they would be.

standard wrote:size | great dane - tiger size
fur cover | body, legs
head shape | shorter, smooth rounded snout
tail shape | medium length, rounded and tapered to a soft point
goo traits | one set of "ears/horns," no "ears/horns," two eyes, two nostrils, goo "teeth" like a canine
goo color | brighter goo color
organs | lack digestive system [no stomach, intestines, etc]

common traits wrote:fur cover | backmane, shorter fur or longer fur
head shape | smooth snout, roman nosed or canine-like snout
tail shape | shorter or longer tail shapes
goo traits | up to four "ears/horns," slightly longer teeth [small exposed canines]
goo color | pastel colors

uncommon traits wrote:fur cover | hairless [just skin], more fur cover [up to neck, covers belly]
head shape | longer or shorter snouts [ie. like a crocodile, etc.], shaped snouts [beak-like, etc.]
tail shape | vestigial goo spines / spikes on tail, bobbed tails
goo traits | six or more "ears/horns," up to four eyes, "tusks," goo frills / "hair" on head
goo color | darker colors, somewhat transparent goo [lightly visible organs]
organs | some digestive parts [stomach]

rare traits wrote:fur cover | less fur cover [exposed legs, exposed middle, etc.], fur patches [ie. patch on head like hair]
head shape | rough, ridged snout, large amounts of goo spines or spikes
tail shape | large amounts of goo spines or spikes, no tail, significantly shorter tail [small bobbed], significantly longer tail [dragging tail]
goo traits | up to six eyes, nostrils located somewhere else [top of head etc.], 'axolotl features'
goo color | mostly transparent goo [clearly visible organs], bicolored goo
organs | more digestive parts [stomach, guts]

legendary traits wrote:body size | gigantism, dwarfism
fur cover | no fur/no skin [pure goo, extremely rare/dangerous]
goo traits | hypergooism [overcrowded goo features]
goo color | multicolored goo [three+ colors], melanism, achromia
organs | full digestive system
other | ????????

more aspects of gooby anatomy may be added to this rarity list as the species continues to be developed. certain features are unchangeable, such as the fact that gooby eyes do not have pupils, goobies absolutely must have two nostrils somewhere on their head, and that their hand pads are colored like their gelatin. there is also the potential for completely unique gooby traits.
gooby fur comes in all kinds of colors, and their fur design is not limited by trait rarity. only the color of their goo is limited by trait rarity. however, goobies typically only have five or six coat colors, and more than that is unusual. less is no big deal.
a gooby’s mouth is typically shaped like a straight line, but can appear as almost anything, including beak-like, toothy, wobbly, etc. from this mouth they have visible “goo teeth” which are typically a lighter color than the rest of their gelatin. they also have a “tongue” which helps them to capture food, and this can be the same color as their goo or slightly darker or lighter than it, much like the teeth. it is strange to see goobies with teeth/tongues that are very different from their goo color.
Last edited by byyrde on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[the goobiverse]

Postby byyrde » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:07 am

x
x
x
x
THE DAY

OMICRON
xSTOOD STILL
x
x
x
x
x
x

when omicron-06 fractured into pieces, the goobies were forced to flee as refugees aboard various space-faring vessels. due to their unique biology and atmospheric requirements, only the self-sustaining systems aboard their ships are able to sustain them indefinitely, and as a result they must remain aboard their ships. this doesn't limit them in what they can do however, and they are free to travel the known universe and do whatever they might like aboard their ships.
the option to create a space base on some planet somewhere may also become a possibility in the future, but for now, a gooby crew's life is lived out entirely on their spaceship !! as you get more goobies, you are adding more refugees to your crew. the number of goobies you can have is limited by the size of your ship. how do you get a bigger ship ?? well, welcome to the arpg aspect of the goobies: the goobiverse !!

rules of the goobiverse
the goobiverse is an AU[alternate universe] that all goobies exist in !! this universe contains all our known lifeforms; humans and tigers and trees exist in this world !! however, there are NO pre existing fictional characters in this world. there are also no known humans, ie. celebrities etc. !! there is potential for other non-gooby / earth species to exist in this world, but please float ideas past staff if you want your goobs to interact with a different species, unapproved species.
other than that, you are free to go wild with your corner of the goobiverse !! develop planets for them to explore, or weird space minerals and gems for them to collect. perhaps they find weird alien plants ?? it's entirely up to you !! the goobiverse canon will be developed over series of events etc., but you can develop your own canon in the meantime. it's yours to explore !!

do i have to develop my goobies within the goobiverse?
theoretically, no, you can choose to own goobies that don't have a place within the goobiverse. however, while this is an option, it is a limited option. if you choose not to develop through the arpg, you will be limited to level 1 gooby ownership: you will only be able to have three goobies, and won't be able to participate in certain events. however, this is an option should you seek it !!

how do i develop my goobies?
pretty much any way you want !! there are a few predefined "systems" for your goobies to follow, that allow you to expand your crew's lore as well as create your own belief system as to what happened on omicron-06. alternatively, there are systems that completely ignore the planet's past and choose to move entirely beyond it !! these systems are designed to provide you with endless opportunities in creating your spacefaring gelatin monsters.
you are only allowed one system per person, and as of right now there is no way to change your system. luckily, you don't have to commit to a system for a few levels after you begin developing your goobies. you must pick a system at level 3, when you have unlocked 6 goobies.

level 0: fresh faces [3 goobies] [ship exterior]
- acquire a captain for your crew
- create / name your ship
- describe / draw the exterior of your ship [100+ words]

level 1: lights on! [4 goobies] [two room ship - main deck and sleeping quarters]
- describe your captain's personality [100+ words]
- describe/draw your ship's main deck/sleeping quarters [100+ words] [think rinky dinky, your ship can change as your crew expands!]
- how do your goobies feel about the loss of their planet? [50+ words]

level 2: establishing order [5 goobies] [two room ship]
- give one of your goobies [excluding the captain] a personality / backstory [100+ words]
- describe/draw two members of your crew interacting [100+ words]
- give your crew an insignia [drawn, you can have someone do it for you]

level 3: finding purpose [6 goobies] [two room ship]
- give another one o your goobies a personality / backstory [100+ words]
- it's starting to get cramped aboard your tiny refugee ship! how do your goobies react? draw/describe it [100+ words]
- your goobies have been considering what's next for them. which path are they planning to follow and why? [100+ words]

battle system | science system | explorer system | scholar system
Last edited by byyrde on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[battle system]

Postby byyrde » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:12 am

battle system

goobies who join the battle system often feel like they have nothing to lose and a lot of anger to release. with the death of their planet, these goobies are the ones who are looking for someone to blame. they take out this blame on other goobies or on other aliens they think are guilty for the destruction of omicron-06.

level 4: raise the flag [8 goobies] [3 room ship]
      - your ship has expanded! describe / draw a war room for your goobies [100+ words]
      - create a ranking system for your ship. it can be as simple or complex as you want!
      - what kind of role does your captain take in their new system? active or more passive? [100+ words]

level 5: battle stations! [10 goobies] [4 room ship]
      - do your goobies make any upgrades to the main room ?? explain (or draw them!) [150+ words]
      - battle time! how do your goobies prefer to fight? draw/describe their style! [150+ words]
      - give two more of your goobies a personality/backstory! [100+ words]

level 6: just getting warmed up [15 goobies] [6 room ship]
      - your ship continues to grow! describe / draw another room on your ship and its purpose[150+ words]
      - draw / describe a battle between your crew and another crew [must be collaborative] [150+words]

level 7: war machine rox [20 goobies] [8 room ship]
      - fighting is hard work! draw / describe how your goobies spend their downtime [150+ words]
      - your ship has reached an impressive size! what do your goobies call the ship? why? [150+ words]
      - speaking of which, your goobies have managed to massively expand the ship’s exterior! how has it changed? draw / describe the changes!

level 8: seasoned veterans [25 goobies] [10 room ship]
      - your crew has been in many battles by now! draw / describe their fiercest fight! [200+ words]
      - it’s been a long journey and your crew has had ample time to get to know one another. draw / describe two different scenes featuring members of your crew interacting! [200+ words]
      - has your crew managed to fulfill their goals as a warrior ship? or are they still hard at work? [200+ words]
      - how has your captain changed over time? [200+ words]

level 9+: legacy levels
      - give two of your goobies a personality/backstory! [100+ words]
      - draw/describe a scene featuring two or more members of your crew! [200+ words]
      - draw/describe another room on your ship! [up to 10 rooms, after that this req becomes obsolete] [150+ words]
Last edited by byyrde on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[scholar system]

Postby byyrde » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:57 am

scholar system

goobies in the scholar system seek to discover the truth about what happened to their planet, omicron-06. they collect artifacts and documents from before omicron's loss, found in floating wreckage and on other planets throughout the galaxy. in this system, your goobies will be hard at work trying to form a theory as to what happened to their home.

level 4: hit the books [8 goobies] [3 room ship]
      - your ship has expanded! describe / draw a library for your goobies [100+ words]
      - create a ranking system for your ship. it can be as simple or complex as you want!
      - your goobies are trying to solve the mystery of omicron-06… what do they seek to help them? [100+ words]

level 5: scholarly articles [10 goobies] [4 room ship]
      - do your goobies make any upgrades to the main deck of their ship? explain (or draw the upgrade !!) [150+ words]
      - describe an event in history that your crew believes led to the cause of omicron’s destruction! [150+ words]
      - give two or more of your goobies a personality/backstory! [100+ words]

level 6: study buddies [15 goobies] [6 room ship]
      - your ship continues to grow! describe / draw another room on your ship and its purpose [150+ words]
      - your crew meets more scholars! do they share research? draw / describe the encounter! [must be collaberative] [150+ words]
      - give two more of your goobies a personality/backstory [100+ words]

level 7: working hard or hardly working? [20 goobies] [8 room ship]
      - pouring over documents can take a long time! draw/describe what your goobies do in their downtime [150+ words]
      - your ship has reached an impressive size! what do your goobies call the ship? why? [150+ words]
      - speaking of which, your goobies have managed to massively expand the ship’s exterior! how has it changed? draw / describe the changes!

level 8: what a long strange trip it’s been [25 goobies] [10 room ship]
      - your crew has been studying the history of omicron-06 for some time now! what is their theory of what happened? draw/describe what they believe caused the fate of their planet [200+ words]
      - a lot of time was spent studying in the library, and your crew has had ample time to get to know one another. draw / describe two different scenes featuring your crew members interacting! [200+ words]
      - has your crew managed to discover the truth? or are they still looking? [200+ words]

- draw/describe a scene featuring two or more members of your crew! [200+ words]
      - draw/describe another room on your ship! [up to 10 rooms, after that this req becomes obsolete] [150+ words]
Last edited by byyrde on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[science system]

Postby byyrde » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:11 pm

science system

goobies in this system have decided to eschew their past and move on to the future! there's tons of old tech from omicron-06 that could use development, or perhaps your goobies are trying to produce something altogether new! whatever the case, science system goobies are hard at work in the laboratory, using their new home among the stars to further their research.

level 4: light the burners [8 goobies] [3 room ship]
      - your ship has expanded! describe / draw a laboratory for your goobies [100+ words]
      - what kind of science/technology will your goobies focus on? [100+ words]

level 5: great scott! [10 goobies] [4 room ship]
      - do your goobies make any upgrades to the main deck of their ship? explain (or draw the upgrade !!) [150+ words]
      - what do your goobies hope to achieve with their scientific work? [150+ words]

level 6: what’s this? what’s this? [15 goobies] [6 room ship]
      - your ship continues to grow! describe / draw another room on your ship and its purpose[150+ words]
      - your crew meets fellow scientists! describe/draw the meeting! [must be collaborative] [150+words]

level 7: only tell jokes periodically! [20 goobies] [8 room ship]
      - all this sciencing is hard work! draw / describe how your goobies spend their downtime [150+ words]

level 8: i’ll take that nobel now, thanks [25 goobies] [10 room ship]
      - it’s research reveal time! what ultimate project are your goobies ready to unveil? [200+ words]
      - it’s been a long journey and your crew has had ample time to get to know one another. draw / describe two different scenes featuring members of your crew interacting! [200+ words]
      - something always goes wrong! draw/describe one scene where an experiment backfired![200+ words]

Last edited by byyrde on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[explorer system]

Postby byyrde » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 pm

explorer system

goobies in this system typically weren't that attached to omicron-06 to begin with, yearning to feel the solar wind at their backs. now, with their refugee ship as their home, they're ready to take the galaxy by storm! seeking a wide variety of treasures and artifacts far and wide, these crews bravely go where no gooby has gone before.

level 4: start your engines [8 goobies] [3 room ship]
      - your ship has expanded! describe / draw a trophy room for your goobies [100+ words]
      - off on adventure! is your crew looking for something in particular? why/why not? [100+ words]

level 5: we’re going on a trip! [10 goobies] [4 room ship]
      - exploration time! draw/describe your goobies on a wild adventure! [150+ words]

level 6: why did it have to be snakes? [15 goobies] [6 room ship]
      - your crew and another crew are after the same artifact! do you work together or battle it out? draw/describe the encounter! [must be collaborative] [150+words]

level 7: explorer extraordinaire [20 goobies] [8 room ship]
      - exploration is hard work! draw / describe how your goobies spend their downtime [150+ words]
      - speaking of which, your goobies have managed to massively expand the ship’s exterior! how has it changed? draw / describe the changes! [200+ words]

level 8: what a long strange trip it’s been [25 goobies] [10 room ship]
      - with space thoroughly explored, what was the most exciting adventure your goobies had? draw/describe the experience! [200+ words]
      - so many trophies, so little time! what is your crew’s ultimate goal? have they achieved it? [200+ words]

Last edited by byyrde on Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[misc system]

Postby byyrde » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:39 am

misc system

this system is a perfect fit for those goobies whose purpose doesn't really fit anywhere else! whether it be an intergalactic food truck or a devout space knitting circle, these crews do what they do best, whatever the heck that might be!

level 4: begin your… what? [8 goobies] [3 room ship]
      - your ship has expanded! describe / draw a trophy room for your goobies [100+ words]
      - it’s time to make a name for yourself! what do your goobies plan to do with their ship? [100+ words]

level 5: get to work [10 goobies] [4 room ship]
      - describe some of the things your goobies do as part of their new system! [150+ words]

level 6: flaunt what you got [15 goobies] [6 room ship]
      - draw / describe an encounter with another ship! what does your crew think of them? [must be collaborative][150+words]

level 7: working hard or hardly working? [20 goobies] [8 room ship]
      - whatever you do, it must be hard work! draw / describe how your goobies spend their downtime [150+ words]
      - speaking of which, your goobies have managed to massively expand the ship’s exterior! how has it changed? draw / describe the changes! [200+ words]

level 8: entrepreneurial experts [25 goobies] [10 room ship]
      - your crew has been at it for some time! what were some of their best moments? write about one of their experiences! [200+ words]
      - is your crew happy with their current purpose? [200+ words]

Last edited by byyrde on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Last bumped by byyrde on Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:39 am.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me