[suggestion] cs watermark on a different layer than the pet

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

are you a supporter?

yes!
86%
no-
5%
maybe so...
9%

Total votes : 22

[suggestion] cs watermark on a different layer than the pet

Postby acadicus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 pm

hello, it's me, cinnabunny, with another suggestion:
    maybe artists could put the cs watermark on a different layer, if that's possible!

let me explain:
    you know how when you dress up a pet you have the cs watermark on it?
    Image Image Image [sorry about the bad resolution]
    that watermark is on the same layer as the pet - and when dressing that pet up, you only
    have the option to put the item in front of the watermark or behind it. because it is on
    the same layer as the pet, you can't put the item in between the pet and the watermark.
    this can be frustrating when you want to put items on the pet, not the watermark... i've
    put one of my pets below - it's starting to look like the watermark is strapped to her tail!
    i'm saying that maybe the watermark could be treated like a permanent item on all pets,
    so you could use 'rearrange mode' to put items behind or in front of it. i don't think every
    old pet should be re-uploaded with the possible change, as that would put massive strain
    on the staff who would have to do it, only that the new pets from now on would have the
    watermark on a new layer instead of on the pet layer!

this isn't a big problem with cs, it's just a small thing that bugs me ----- if you guys aren't
    bothered at all by this, please let me know! also, if i missed some big problem that would
    arise from this change, it would be great if you could tell me that in the comments!!

sorry for all the text, but if you did, thanks for reading!
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [suggestion] cs watermark on a different layer than the

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 pm

An issue I foresee with this is that then an image has to exist on the site of the pet without the watermark, which would make it possible, and much easier, to steal CS artwork without credit on it. If there were a way to conceal that image well enough to be feasible, I think this would be very cool!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:21 am

rockruff wrote:
    An issue I foresee with this is that then an image has to exist on the site of the pet without the watermark, which would make it possible, and much easier, to steal CS artwork without credit on it. If there were a way to conceal that image well enough to be feasible, I think this would be very cool!

Or maybe not—the watermark image could just be “duplicated”, kinda?

Support! Some of the larger items that could cover up the tag currently have their own tag, but sometimes this means you can still see the original tag peeking out so it looks kinda awkward, and it’s still possible to cover up the tag completely, so some could steal the artwork of a dressed-up pet (probably not as alluring as stealing the base pet artwork though). This would be a great solution to both issues!

Hopefully we wouldn’t even need image reuploads, which would... break all of the static.chickensmoothie.com pet links lol I wonder if there’s a way to do something like “if pet has any item, then activate the layer at index 9999999 with the CS tag”? (watch someone stack 9999999 items lol)

One thing that may make this tricky to implement is that not all pets of the same lineart have the tag in the same location, so the position of the tag on the separate layer might have to be set manually unless we’re cool with duplicate tags on some pets haha. Another thing is that some tags were colored by the artist, so for these pets we’d need their colored tags uploaded specifically for use on those pets unless we’re cool with just the standard black and white CS tag on any dressed up pet or something
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 am

nickjr wrote:
rockruff wrote:

Or maybe not—the watermark image could just be “duplicated”, kinda?

Support! Some of the larger items that could cover up the tag currently have their own tag, but sometimes this means you can still see the original tag peeking out so it looks kinda awkward, and it’s still possible to cover up the tag completely, so some could steal the artwork of a dressed-up pet (probably not as alluring as stealing the base pet artwork though). This would be a great solution to both issues!

Hopefully we wouldn’t even need image reuploads, which would... break all of the static.chickensmoothie.com pet links lol I wonder if there’s a way to do something like “if pet has any item, then activate the layer at index 9999999 with the CS tag”? (watch someone stack 9999999 items lol)

One thing that may make this tricky to implement is that not all pets of the same lineart have the tag in the same location, so the position of the tag on the separate layer might have to be set manually unless we’re cool with duplicate tags on some pets haha. Another thing is that some tags were colored by the artist, so for these pets we’d need their colored tags uploaded specifically for use on those pets unless we’re cool with just the standard black and white CS tag on any dressed up pet or something

yes, thanks for bringing those problems to my attention, they might be a little tricky to get around. thanks for both of you guys' ideas!
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iago. » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:43 am

Support! I agree with all that has been said already!
INFP-T
Slytherin
Leo
(:
iago.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 am

Support! This will make it less awkward when it comes to dressing up.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 am

If you watch how the tag is flipped for dressup scenes, it’s just an overlay. That’s why on particularly edited pets, it doesn’t show up or it clips in incorrectly. Pet images are saved as one png, but scenes can flip the tag and not reverse the text because of this. As such, it should in theory make sense to just, target the tag again and press it to the top.

Then again, I would like to see the entire dressup system update to be like scenes, so maybe someday haha!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Support! This would be very nice c:
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MazdaTiger » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:03 pm

up with this one

Last bumped by acadicus on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:03 pm.
ImageImage ImageImage
MazdaTiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me