Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Quill Quest | New Thread by Dia.

Based on Click to view
Artist Dia. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by denja

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

Quill Quest | New Thread

Postby Dia. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 pm

[...] And so, the lonely hedgehog began to collect souvenirs: leaves, pebbles, beetles, anything that called to her. She breathed life into her souvenirs, creating mighty hedgehogs to found expansive empires.
    The empires prospered, and the lonely hedgehog was not so lonely anymore. She called her mighty founders to her side and, after deciding that her work on Earth was complete, built her own empire among the stars for the gods and heroes that would come next.

Quill Quest is a creative adoptable focused on character development, hedgehogs, and building the world that they inhabit. You are encouraged to interact with other community members and construct a thriving hedgehog empire.
We strive to be an open-minded, welcoming community where anyone and everyone will feel comfortable and happy.

Have fun, and may your colonies prosper.

Note: While based on real hedgehogs, Quill Quest hedgehogs live much longer (average 10 years) and show a more flexible range of colors/patterns.

Quill Quest is going on a short hiatus.

I'm going to be further simplifying it to make things easy, open to a lot of creativity, and limited when it comes to policing and regulating.
        Keep an eye out for the revamp.

It's midnight and I'm considering Quill Quest open for founder forms! I also have a discord server up and running. Please bear with me if things are still rocky.

Almost there!

just a little something
        hopefully not too complicated
        not actually a quest i just couldn't resist the alliteration

i love hedgehogs
        the little face in the corner is terrifying i wish i could do better

coming soon
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quill Quest | Do Not Post

Postby Dia. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 pm

Dia. - Founder

Rules may be changed as necessary. Your participation with the adopts indicates that you agree to the terms stated below.

Basic
        - Be respectful. Harassing or disrespectful behaviors as well as causing drama may result in a ban.
        - I retain the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, without explanation.
        - If a user is banned from either CS or the species, their hedgehogs will be declared deceased. The user may use the character but will NOT be allowed to use the official Quill Quest reference anymore.
          (A ban from Quill Quest may be the result of heavy disruption in the community or species rule-breaking.)

Art/Design
        - Give credit when credit is due
        - Do not use the original reference for purposes other than for Quill Quest (Please only post it on CS, toyhouse, or artfight with proper credit.)
        - You will not be added to the original reference
        - Do not change hedgehog designs without a ticket (adding scars or accessories, changing features, etc)
        - Hedgehogs should remain quadruped for use within Quill Quest

Participation
        - Do not repost or post multiple founder forms
        - You may only have one colony, made of your own Quill Quest hedgehogs (not OCs)
        - You must maintain a thread/website for your hedgehogs
        - If you do not get to level 1 and post on the archive to confirm your level within a month of receiving your first hedgehog, your hedgehog will be rehomed.
        - Users under COPPA restrictions may redeem their free founder, but unfortunately will not be able to level up until their restrictions are lifted due to the necessity of maintaining a colony home and posting on the boards. You will be asked to level up after your restrictions are lifted.

Transfers
        - Quill Quest hedgehogs may not be sold or traded for anything other than another Quill Quest hedgehog.
        - Deities may ONLY be traded for other deities. They may not be gifted or traded for normal hedgehogs.
        - Quill Quest hedgehogs may be gifted if the old owner is at or above level 1.
        - When a transfer/trade is completed, both the new and old owner must post on the hedgehog's thread and the old owner must post in the archive
        - There is a two month transfer/trade cooldown on the hedgehog after the initial adoption and very time there is a new owner

Deceased Hedgehogs
        - After the completion of a form in the archive (or after a user is banned), hedgehogs will be labeled deceased
        - Deceased hedgehogs do not count towards the colony total
        - Deceased hedgehogs owned by active users may continue to be used for story purposes (ancestors, ghosts, etc) but may not be the focus of leveling up
        - Deceased hedgehogs may be used as a character outside of Quill Quest if the original artwork is not used
        - Deceased hedgehogs may not be traded/transferred

Outside of CS/Quill Quest
        - To reiterate, official Quill Quest references may only be posted on CS, toyhouse, or artfight with proper credit.
        - You must use different artwork if you are using the character outside of CS or outside of Quill Quest
        - Quill Quest hedgehogs may not be sold/traded/transferred outside of Quill Quest
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm

For the most part, Quill Quest gives you free rein with your world building. However, there is basic theological lore that you are requested to expand on in your colony.
      Quill Quest members have the flexibility to expand on this lore however best fits their style. Ideas are provided below.

Lore wrote:For many, many moons, a lonely hedgehog roamed the Earth. She traversed the continents, climbed the highest peaks, swam to the deepest depths, and drew clouds and constellations across the skies. She battled fierce monsters and tamed wild beasts. As time passed, however, her journeys began to feel trivial with no one to share them.
      And so, the lonely hedgehog began to collect souvenirs: leaves, pebbles, beetles, anything that called to her. She breathed life into her souvenirs, creating mighty hedgehogs to found expansive empires.
      The empires prospered, and the lonely hedgehog was not so lonely anymore. She called her mighty founders to her side and, after deciding that her work on Earth was complete, built her own empire among the stars for the gods and heroes that would come next.

Idea 1
        Your colony has maintained the original beliefs, and has recognized minor deities to suit their needs.
      Idea 2
        Your colony remembers the original beliefs, but a new generation of deities has risen to suit their needs.
      Idea 3
        Your colony recognizes the original beliefs, but has developed a new system to suit their needs.

- You my redeem your first deity after completing all of the tasks for Level 5.
      - Additional tickets for deities may be obtained at level 10, 20, 30, and so on
      - Deities may ONLY be traded for other deities. They may not be gifted or traded for normal hedgehogs.
      - Deities do not count towards the hedgehog total.

- Fill out the form on the archive to include the requested tasks, and you will receive a Deity Ticket
      - You may promote an existing hedgehog, order a custom, or create your own deity
        To promote an existing hedgehog, ask the artist to add the symbol and glow to your hedgehog's original art.
        To order a custom deity, wait for an artist to open customs and specify that you are ordering a deity.
        To create your own deity, request to be added to the Deities thread, design the hedgehog, and then request approval.

Types
        "Normal" - for heroes, demigods, etc

"Light" - for gods/goddesses, spirits, etc

"Dark" - for the baddies

"Hedgeboar" - for heroes, gods/goddesses, mythological beings, etc
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Step One: Get a Founder
        - Founders may be acquired through adoption or the redemption of a free custom
        - To redeem your custom founder, please fill out the form below. An artist will claim it and create it for you.
        - Do not repost your founder form or post more than one founder form
        - You may only redeem your free custom founder once, even if you do not like it, do not claim it, or trade it away.
        - Founders will not be unnatural colors/patterns or have rare traits
        - Remember that your founder will be rehomed if you do not level up within one month
                  Code: Select all
                  [size=130][u]Founder Form[/u][/size]
                  [b]Username:[/b]
                  [b]Appearance:[/b] optional

Step Two: Create a Home (Example)
        - You may use CS, toyhouse, or a private website, but anything you use must be allowed to be posted on CS
        - Your home may be organized however is easiest for you as long as it is in one location and includes all the necessary details
        - You need to include your level, the number of hedgehogs in your colony, and links to the original adoption pages of each hedgehog

Step Three: Level Up
        - You start at Level 0
        - You are able to level up and grow your colony by completing world building and character development tasks
        - Post on the archive thread to level up your clan. There is no need to wait for confirmation, but you will be asked to fix insufficient requirements

Step Four: Beyond Basics
        - After Level 5 you may create your first deity either through a MYO or ascension of an existing hedgehog in your colony
        - You may create another deity at level 10 and then every 10 levels after that
        - Deities require a special ticket, which you acquire in the archive
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- Each task must be completed before the colony levels up
      Unless otherwise specified:
        - Written tasks must be at least 200 words
        - Drawn scenes must be at least flat-colored and include a simple background. Characters must be recognizable.
        - Character art should be colored, shaded, and include at least half of the character. Characters must be recognizable.

Level 0:
        Limit: 1 hedgehog
          - Make a colony home (thread, etc)
          - Describe (written) your colony's location/environment
          - Describe how your colony was founded

Level 1:
        Limit: 1 hedgehog
          - Draw or commission a portrait of your founder
          - Describe your founder's personality
          - Describe your founder's history

Level 2:
        Limit: 3 hedgehogs
          - Describe how your founder met your second or third hedgehog
          - Describe how your colony will structure its hierarchy and roles within the society
          - Draw or describe a scene including one of your hedgehogs interacting with the environment

Level 3:
        Limit: 5 hedgehogs
          - Draw or describe a scene where your founder interacts with another colony member
          - Describe how your colony interacts with the world around it (may include neighbors)
          - Describe at least one tradition that your colony has

Level 4:
        Limit: 7 hedgehogs
          - Describe how your colony's inhabitants support the colony and themselves (food? currency? trade? etc)
          - Describe dangers your colony typically faces
          - Draw or describe a scene including some sort of large colony gathering

Level 5:
        Limit: 10 hedgehogs
          - Describe how your colony interacts with the main Quill Quest Lore
          - Describe your first deity/hero (what do they represent? what did they do? etc)
          - Describe a disaster that your colony overcame (may be historic)

After completion of Level 5 tasks, you may redeem a deity ticket.

Level 6+:
        Limit: +5 hedgehogs
          - Draw or commission a portrait for a hedgehog that does not have one yet
          - Describe the personality of a hedgehog that does not have one yet
          - Write a myth/story that involves at least one of your deities
          - Describe an aspect of your colony/setting that has not yet been described OR Draw a scene of your choice

Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- Paid customs will be available to add hedgehogs to your colony
      - Artists will announce when they are open on this thread. Only post a form when an artist is open. Please pay attention to their payment request.
      - You may only get one custom per month. This resets on the first and includes customs earned through other means as well
      - Customs must be realistic
      - Once you post a form for one artist, do not remove/edit/repost your form for a different artist until the first claims forms

Payment
        40 C$ OR 1 rare dog from 2010 or earlier OR 200 da points

Code: Select all
      [size=130][u]Custom[/u][/size]
      [b]Requested Artist[/b]: please make sure they are open for customs
      [b]Payment:[/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
      [b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Other Notes:[/b] (include special tickets)

- Not open yet
    Dia.
    FanArt Archivist

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:47 pm

- Artists may decide to acknowledge other forms that they really liked when they announce the winners of adopts.
        - Keep track of these honorable mentions so you can turn them in for a custom when an artist is open
        - 10 HMs is a full custom

- If an artist wants to award a RU, they will discuss it with the rest of staff privately based on the competition and forms completed.
        - Runner ups will be completed by the artist who made the original adopt. They will look similar to, but not the same as, the original adopt.
    Dia.
    FanArt Archivist

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

What do the symbols in the top left box mean?
          The top left box is a face reference to show the far side of the hedgehog's face design. There are two symbols in this box. The crown is for founders. The star is for "ascended," (deities, heroes, etc) hedgehogs.
          Breedings will have "B" in the box. Deities on the Deity thread will have a "D" in the box.

Can I use NPCs?
          NPCs may only be used to flesh out your colony, not as main figures or focuses in level up tasks. NPCs may not be deities.

Can my hedgehogs be related/be related to other members' hedgehogs?
          Yes! You are encouraged to interact with others!

Do I have to wait until the archive is updated to continue?
          No. Consider this adopt to be mostly self-archived, meaning that YOU are responsible for YOUR colony. The archive will likely not be updated officially. The archive consists of posts from each member to track transfers, major changes, and special tickets.

Will my customs/adopts be taken away?
          No. The only situation where a hedgehog is totally revoked is when the owner does not level up their colony after receiving their first hedgehog.

Can my hedgehogs have powers?
          Sure!

Can my hedgehogs have accessories?
          Yes, but keep in mind accessories will not be added to the official reference. You'll have to draw your own reference.

Can my hedgehogs have scars?
          Yes, but keep in mind scars will not be added to the official reference (unless they were originally added). You'll have to draw your own reference for it.

Does art/writing have to be made by me to level up?
          Unless the task says that you can order art, the piece should be made by you. If it says that you can order art, you may use art trades or commissions. Gifted art should not be used for tasks.

Can I reuse art from a competition to level up?
          Art may only be used to level up if it hasn't already been successfully used for something else like an adoption or ticket. If you did not win the competition, feel free to use the content to level up.

If I quit Quill Quest can I keep my hedgehogs?
          If you quit Quill Quest or CS (or are banned), you may keep your hedgehogs but may no longer use official Quill Quest art. Your hedgehogs will be marked deceased.

How realistic do hedgehog designs need to be? How realistic is Quill Quest?
          While based on real hedgehogs, Quill Quest hedgehogs live much longer (average 10 years) and show a more flexible range of colors/patterns. Hedgehogs should remain quadruped, but most other world building (tools, biology, etc) is up to you.

For regular adopts, founders, and customs, hedgehog designs are reminiscent of what is typically seen on real "African Pygmy" hedgehogs.
          Milestones may stretch the truth (natural traits, but not seen on hedgehogs ie merle) or be rarely seen on real hedgehogs.
          Deities may be unnatural colors and patterns.

Please see the color guide for more information.

Can my hedgehog have physical/mental disabilities?
          Yes, although I caution you to be respectful.

Dia.
    FanArt Archivist

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

-