CS Stamp suggestions/requests (please put ALL ideas here)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: CS Stamp suggestions/requests (please put ALL ideas here

Postby Faymutt95 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:55 pm

A Foo-dog stamp for the Fursona section, with multiple picture versions (such as the dragons have).
Will reasonably overpay for this 2012 Summer Event dog

Faymutt95

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obliviious » Mon May 13, 2019 8:59 pm

maybe some more photo stamps of birds?
.........................♥ ♡ ♥
.....|| australian || she/her || capricorn ||
╔═════════════════════════════╗
...always open to pms or any messages x
╚═════════════════════════════╝
..........|| credit || my trade thread ||
.........................♥ ♡ ♥
obliviious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby closeface » Sun May 19, 2019 7:04 am

lgbt stamps?? or maybe some neon/rainbow stamps
im avery she/they/he ⚢ Cool guy. very inactive on here
please just take my pets and items please please for real /srs 20 pets + 20 items per person thanx
if theyre locked just send something random from my wishlist
closeface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScorpionGuy » Tue May 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Sexuality stamps?

Or extra hobby stamps example I love coding or...
ScorpionGuy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Sun May 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Or i collect... cats. Dogs. Etc
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clove sevina » Sun May 26, 2019 12:18 pm

More fursona options.
clove sevina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gargoyleteeth » Sun May 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Please add a "I am a Lion" fursona stamp!

Duke || She/They || Adult

Your friendly neighborhood gargoyle and general menace !!

Digital Artist, Furry, and Frankenstein Enthusiast

ImageImageImage

my carrd

Duke's Adoption Center

Character Storage (wip) . Art Gallery (wip)

ART CRED @ eyecathedral
gargoyleteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonil Wazlib » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:48 am

I know I post this semi-regularly but I think especially since it's pride month we want pride stamps!! I can't believe they're not a thing on here yet, unless CS is still trying to appeal to the large amounts of conservatives that flock to this site.
It's not 'adult content' either.
Tess, please we need pride stamps. There hasn't been a single reason why not that isn't a pathetic excuse.
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Image Image Image
Roonil Wazlib

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:08 am

I think the idea behind not doing the pride stamps was the huge variation in terminology and not wanting to officialize anything. For example would they LGBT, LGBT+ LGBTIA+? That alone is a huge debate, and they are worried about upsetting people by leaving out their identities. So they decided to let fans make their own stamps so everyone can put what they want in their signature?

I posted this on the topic before:
I'd do wish a quote on why this suggestion was denied would be put on the front page. Chickensmoothie is LGBT+ friendly they just don't want to offend or exclude anyone. You can't be offended if your favourite food isn't mentioned, but you might feel offended if your identity is excluded. This is also probably why we've had MBTI and zodiac stamps for so long they are clearly defined and there's a limited amount of them. You suggest a rainbow stamp but that could be seen as implying same gender attraction only. Bisexuals, asexuals and heterosexual trans people might feel excluded. You see what I mean? Every little pride thing when made official can be disputed. CS had trouble enough releasing a litter of country themed horses.

Edit: I found another quote on the topic:
nickjr wrote:
ZΕL wrote:
    I remember reading a statement from Rainbow Dash on their tumblr about why they didn't want to make official LGBTQ+ stamps for CS, despite having been the one to make a set that was very popular in people's signatures a while ago.
    IIRC it came mostly down to worries that people would start drama about some orientations and identities not being included, or not having the wording they'd prefer (in a community that is currently experiencing rapid changes in what's seen as appropriate vocabulary), and other possibly hateful reactions.

I think the biggest issue here is not that it would be seen as "too political" for a site like CS, but simply that it is very difficult to satisfy everyone. Even with something as seemingly simple as "I support LGBTQ+ rights" you'd possibly run into trouble because is it LGBT? LGBTQ? LGBTQIA? MOGAI? I've seen so many arguments from all sides about which is the correct or best name for the community, many of them contradicting each other and often based on personal preferences. Which is simple when you're just putting it in your own signature or profile, but less easy when you're trying to design a stamp for the whole site to use.

The current "I support human rights and equality" stamp was probably the closest they got, because it's vague enough not to upset people within the groups it's directed at. And I don't mean that in a negative way - because it is perfectly valid for people to not want to use specific labels and terms, or have them be used towards them.

Personally I do love the idea of at least having a sticker type stamp with the rainbow flag item, though (you could even slap text like "support" or "pride" on it or something).

Oh yeah, that makes sense; terminology is always a big issue... Also reminds me of different interpretations of "people-first" language ("autistic person" vs "person with autism") and how there's no consensus for what that means in English, much less across different languages -flops onto floor-

I took a class called Language and Gender just last semester... I should've remembered that terminology is a huge deal because of how it categorizes people and lumps people together (which is exactly what the + is doing in the various names of the community) -sweatdrops and crawls into corner- oops

re: Tess's post that you linked to
I couldn't tell if she was speaking as an admin or as a user there lol or maybe both
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:10 am

^ Also note that Tess has made posts in the past that show she is supportive of the LGBT+ community and gay rights (such as this one) (there's another post that shows that Tess doesn't think it's adult content, either :) if you dig around you'll find a link to it), so I think she personally would be fine with the stamps.

And, separately, note that there's already a bit of discomfort with our current pronoun stamps. There haven't been many public posts about it, but there are some.

And also note that our major stamp contributor has been doing a lot of research trying to figure out which versions of anything should be used in stamps and still sometimes falls a little short. Not their fault at all! (please forgive me about your pronouns--I'm looking at your posts and can't figure it out) But there is so much conflicting information out there... Even for things that aren't pride stuff, sometimes they had to correct something post-release because their research didn't turn up certain conflicts or alternatives. (So far, the users who alerted them did so politely, and there weren't too many of them who did so. That might be because the affected stamps haven't affected a huge community yet. With bigger communities come bigger amounts of nice people, but also bigger amounts of people who I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley...)

I still think our rainbow flag item could be a good sticker for our stamp collection...
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me