utau’s writing corner πŸƒ

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

utau’s writing corner πŸƒ

Postby dawnchu » Sun May 19, 2019 4:10 am

Come one and come all to... utau's little writing corner!

This is a safe thread for me to write down my ideas, whether they be short stories, poems, songs, or anything writing related.

Each post will be a new story based on a new prompt. Some prompts might be original, and others might be found on the internet. I'll be using this site for the most part: https://self-publishingschool.com/ficti ... g-prompts/

Posting is allowed and I love to receive any criticism and opinions on my work.

That’s pretty much all I have to say right now. Continue reading if you want, but I can’t guarantee it’ll be of interest, hahaha
Last edited by dawnchu on Mon May 20, 2019 5:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
✼ i'd do anything for you, but would you do that for me too? ✼

i own a couple threads, and some are linked down there. click the stars!
feel free to send me a trade or pm! i hope i can make your day a bit better.
✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

blip

Postby dawnchu » Sun May 19, 2019 7:33 am

Story prompt #1. A story in a world where you can see the exact date that everyone but yourself is going to die. One day, people start acting nice to you. Like, really, nice.

Once upon a time, in a planet far far away...
People lived with bright green glowing signs on top of their heads. Well, they were usually green. If they weren't, then that's a problem. If anyone's sign was red, then their Silence would be coming soon and then they'd be dead the next day

I scribbled the last four words and thought about it. I then put 'treated like kings' instead. Wearily, I stood up and faced myself in the mirror. I could see a red blur right at the top of my head.
I shrugged on a black jacket and put on my old sneakers, receiving compliments, gifts and hugs on my way to school. Usually, everyone ignored me, but today's... different, to say the least. My best friend Jacob caught my eye and ran towards me.
"Hey, Axel. What's up?" he asked a little too casually. I was always envious of him no matter how much I tried to convince myself otherwise. He was good looking and athletic, and to top it all off he had a long way until his Silence came upon him.
"I'm pretty good." I lied.
"That's cool. Sucks that we don't have any classes together.”
β€œYeah.” I stood there for a second, looked at Jacob and his stupid green sign and dashed off. I heard him yelling but I just had to get out. I wanted to run to places unheard of, do the things I always wanted to do and be a hero. So many things went unsaid and undone.
I ran back home even though I had classes to attend and people to say goodbye to, up the stairs and into my depressing little bedroom. All of a sudden my arm started making blip sounds, heating up quickly and in the span of ten seconds my arm felt like it was on fire and the blipping was the smoke alarm. I couldn't stand the burning pain anymore, so with my eyes filled with tears, I took a pair of scissors and made a small cut in my arm. I screamed and on the verge of passing out, I could barely make out a white thing. Without thinking, I dug it out with my fingernail and I swear I could feel it burning through my fingertips. I crushed it and my life flashed through my eyes like a tornado and I saw myself crying in the mirror with nothing above my head and then everything goes dark and
I
can’t
breathe.
Last edited by dawnchu on Mon May 20, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

for lady of the lake

Postby dawnchu » Sun May 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Prompt #2: Write about your feelings

Sometimes I feel down
Even though I don’t want to, I can’t help but frown
I was an emotional rollercoaster
With little to no closure

But then lake came into my world
With me she conversed
She made me happy and relaxed
And she saved me when I was going to collapse

She put me back on my feet
And made me complete
Maybe she doesn’t know it
But now I am finally at peace.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

earth 2050

Postby dawnchu » Mon May 20, 2019 5:25 am

Prompt #3: Write about a character whose world is dying. The actual earth is sick and killing all the plants and probably life as they know it.

When I was a young girl, Earth was like the world's first plane. Everything was unpredictable, but innovators found new ways to improve it. Now in the year 2050, that plane is preparing for a crash landing. I'm unable to walk outside for more than a few minutes because of the unbearable year-round heat. Not that there'd be anything to see on my walks anyways since everything is either dead or dry and flaky. Why you may ask? Ever since the epidemic of maraudia, a human-spread infectious disease, it's wiped out all plant and animal life. Us humans are down to a mere 10 million and dropping.
I put on my mandatory full-body suit and enter my lab. My lab is like a second home; sometimes I stay in there for months at a time to find a cure to maraudia. I run tests for a couple of hours on various substances and I'm just about ready to give up for the day when I hear a beep from my sample reader. Could it be? I wonder. I dash over to the machine and my eyes widen in amazement. Right above the sample is a sign that says 'positive'. I grab the bottle filled with the liquid cure and run to my assistant.
"Charlotte! I think I found a cure! Come with me!" I say as I run like a madman to the test machine.
I can barely hold myself together as I put the bottle in the scanner and wait for the results. After a few minutes of nerve-wracking waiting, the test machine also shows positive.
Touchdown. I've done it. We're safe.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bird+sky

Postby dawnchu » Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 am

Prompt #4: Write about how your character has gone through life believing that love is a choice. Their decision? To never get involved because love can only lead to pain and hardship. But after an argument with a stranger, their view of love, and life itself is changed.
Aurora's theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UPeq59Fl18 (updated May 24, 2019)

I knew something was up with Aurora the first day I talked to her at my workplace. Only now has she shown me her true self: she is not just a romantic, but a hopeless one.
"Why can't you just be a little more social, Finch?" Aurora asks.
"Because being social leads to feelings, and feelings lead to being in love, and being in love leads to pain and hardship." I point out.
"You know what? We are going to go get coffee right now. Something is clearly wrong with you and we need to discuss it. Argument over." Despite my protests, she drags me over to the Starbucks in our building and buys us each a coffee. She sits down awkwardly in front of me and slides my coffee over.
"Alright. What is up with you?" Aurora demands. This is the one thing I consider practical about her: she is to the point.
"I'm doing great if that's what you're wondering." Good one, Finch!
"No, that is NOT what I'm wondering. What I'm wondering is why are you always so... un-loving?"
"Oh. That" I chuckle softly. "Well, I've decided that love is a choice. I've chosen to not get... too invested in anyone because only bad things will come of being in love. You become jealous, a kleptomaniac, and you become obsessed, to name a few."
"Awesome things can come out of being in love too! Like, you get better at communicating, you're more honest, and you get happy more often, which is something you should do. Have you never seen La La Land before?" She counters.
"It's all going to end anyway. You're just unrealistic." Aurora gasps and I swear I can see her eyes get wet.
"Well, at least I know how to be nice, unlike you!" She wipes her face hastily and stands up. "Enjoy your stupid coffee. Wait, who am I kidding! You don't enjoy anything other than making people sad and staying cooped up in your office all day." She runs off and I'm left there alone to ponder about what the heck just happened.
Last edited by dawnchu on Sat May 25, 2019 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a continuation of bird+sky

Postby dawnchu » Wed May 22, 2019 8:07 am

I go through the rest of my day almost mechanically. Normally an argument wouldn't bother me, but something was different that time. Despite getting being questioned by many of my co-workers, I shrugged them off and push the situation to the back of my mind. I seem to be very good at doing that. Throwing away thoughts, feelings and people. I think.
After getting home I sit on the couch and turn on the TV. Suddenly I remember what Aurora said about La La Land. Might as well give it a try, right? It's just a movie. I decide.
I go on my Netflix account that is immediately bombarded with horror movie suggestions. For a second I feel ashamed of it and contemplate turning off the TV, but I push through and and watch the dumb movie Aurora loves so much. It starts out pretty boring, but then I get interested in the characters relationship. By the end I'm rooting for them to get married, and when they do, I'm completely awash with happiness and emotion. I'm crying on my couch, still in my work clothes, when I finally see myself and wonder, Maybe Aurora was right. I guess not everything bad can come out of a relationship. Well, sometimes. I'll just... apologize to her tomorrow. Sounds good.

The next day's lunch break rolls around all too soon, and all of a sudden I'm in front of a mad Aurora, nervous and sweaty.
"What do you want, Finch?" she asks me, annoyed.
"I just wanted to say, uh, I-I'm sorry for what I said yesterday and how I made you sad?" I stutter somewhat. She stands there for a moment with her arms crossed looking up at me. I'm almost 99% sure she's going to slap me and walk away until she says,
"Really? You are? That's amazing! Have you thought about what I said?" she exclaims happily.
I let out a sigh of relief and almost laugh at seeing her so happy. "Well, a bit. And I also watched La La Land last night. You know, the one that you're obsessed about?"
"Wow! What did you think of it? Wait, actually I don't really want to know. You're going to say one of your "suffering comes with love" lines again." I can practically see her deflate already.
"No! No, no, not at all. I thought it was... pretty freaking epic. I even shed a tear or two." Or a couple hundred, I add in my mind.
"Oh my gosh. You see! I tell everyone it's amazing and nobody listens to me." Aurora says. She giggles and I suddenly feel ten times more happy. We chat for a while until she has to leave. I'm almost disappointed.
"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." She says casually, throwing the waste from her garbage away.
"Tomorrow?" I ask, surprised and happy at the same time.
"Yeah, you don't want to talk to me?"
"Talking to you is great! I mean, yeah, that'd be pretty cool." I rub my neck and shrug to play it off.
"Ooookay then. Bye!" Aurora walks towards the doors, waving at me until she leaves the building.
"See you." Then I'm sitting all alone smiling like a fool.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

supernova

Postby dawnchu » Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am

Prompt #5: Write about a character who finds an odd-looking egg in the forest. When they take it home, they never could have predicted what was inside it.

May 23, 2019
Dear Diary,

You will not believe what I found today. I was doing my everyday morning walk in the forest, and I saw a faint neon blue glow behind a tree. I ran towards the tree and peered around it, and there was a huge egg! And get this, it was shaking! I brought it home with me and boy was it heavy, and now it's on a heating pad in my bedroom. I thought that would be a good idea because you usually incubate eggs, right? I have a feeling I'm going to regret this, but this is still so awesome and cool! Can't wait to see what hatches. I'll write updates soon!

xoxo
-Nova

May 30, 2019
Dear Diary,

Alright, remember the egg that I found last week? Well guess what? It hatched! I was so surprised when it did, and I bet you won't believe me, but there is a literal freaking dragon inside and oh my GOD he is so cute! He's pretty much just blue which is understandable, and he has the cutest squishy face with adorable huge eyes! I think I might name him Super, because 1. it's a cool name and 2. my name is Nova! And what do you get when you put Super and Nova together? Supernova! Hahaha, I swear I was destined to find him, and he just set my nail polish bottle on fire? I gotta take care of this. Bye!!

Almost on fire,
-Nova
Last edited by dawnchu on Mon May 27, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a little (huge) report about my life atm.

Postby dawnchu » Sat May 25, 2019 8:01 am

Prompt #6: Write about your feelings... again.

So this post will be a big jumbled mess. I'm pretty sure nobody will understand but that's more than alright...
I'm SO indescribably excited for Wonderland. Like, I've been having dreams about going on the roller coasters and I can't stop thinking about it at school. I'm getting so excited and sweaty right now thinking about going to Wonderland! I'm really sad that nobody really wants to go on the big rides with me; maybe RC would go but I'm doubting that. At least she's not like J, B, and D. I'm praying that J can get over her fears because I really want to spend time with her and make awesome memories, but she thinks too much and always has these irrational fears. I know that she can't help it, but J is really dragging my mood and excitement down.
I'm pretty stoked that RC is back now. Problem is, now she always talks about and sometimes plays with H. I hope one day I'll be brave enough to maybe confront H and make up to her. I'm honestly sort of happy that H is leaving next year so I don't have to be constantly scared around her, but I feel bad for thinking about it like that. I should have apologized to H years ago and then maybe I could be safer and happier around her.
I'm so sad that J and R are leaving next year. I wonder who I'll hang out with then? Who knows, my "friend group" always seems to change every year. I wish F could stop being so... ugh as well. She's not that fun to be around, she constantly says "so?" whenever I try to make small talk or have an opinion on anything. I just want to share my thoughts and have a nice conversation with her but she just seems to want to push everyone away. Also, I still can't believe she actually likes Gachaverse and those idiot 9-year-old games? F also plays the most boring and stupid games, like literally freaking just READING THE SIGNS ON THE HIGHWAY OUT LOUD. Like "hahaha 100 km per hour speed limit hahahahahaha" or something like that. I always have to pretend around her and I can't ignore her or anything because it makes me feel bad and we live in the same neighborhood, same bus and school and all.
On a happier note, I have this humongous crush on RR. He's so perfect and I hope he likes me back but I don't think he does,, he probably likes J or RC or someone like that. He has the cutest face and he's so easy to talk and laugh with (unlike F). Maybe he might like me because on his tour he told me that he told RC about me parking in the garage and talking about Serena's house, meaning that he was thinking about me but maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Oh yeah, and about the tour: I am very extremely jealous that RC got to spend 3 whole days with RR to herself. I don't hate RC, but I wish I could spend time with RR on their tour too. RR is always playing with her and talking with her, but he does that with me too so I'm not sure if he likes RC or not.
Wow, I have so many things to talk about. Written Friday, May 24, 2019
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i'm that one percent.

Postby dawnchu » Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 am

Prompt #8: People thought society would be better if we killed the worst 1% every year. Today is the hundredth anniversary, and the notion of the β€œworst” is getting really tricky.

I must study. I must get perfect marks. I must be a good person.
This is what runs through my head about 99 percent of the time, which is also equal to 99 hundredths. You see, before I was born, our society thought it would be a great idea if the government killed the worst 1% every year. Today is the hundredth anniversary, and nobody has any idea of what the "worst" is anymore. This means that every one that is still alive has to be pure genius, or so we think. My parents raised me to be a selfless and kind person; not only a smart one. I was against it initially, because I thought that being a good person wasn't what mattered, it's how smart you are. After my parents died last year because of the annual killing, I decided to stay loyal to my family, and I started being even more ethical.
As I study in my clean room and empty house, I hear a symphony of ear-splitting beeps from the television downstairs. I run down with good posture and turn on the TV. The first thing I see is a flashing red sign that says: Stand right where you are. Don't move.
I start to get flashbacks of last year when my parents were in this room with me, with the same sign on the television. And then some mysterious tiny needle shot them both in the neck and then they died. This is it, I think. I'm done for.
I stand there preparing myself for the jab of the killing needle when all of a sudden, a glass tube forms around me and there is no needle. I start to panic about how I'm going to survive in this air-tight tube when all of a sudden the tube disappears back into the floor and the TV says, "Congratulations. You are the only living person on Earth right now."
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

wonderland

Postby dawnchu » Tue May 28, 2019 7:22 am

Prompt #9: Write about your feelings a third time
Tomorrow is the day of Wonderland
I am excited, the others just don't understand
My belongings are ready
My money in my hand
I promise to yell and go crazy
I will scream as loud as I can
Tomorrow is Wonderland
Some people are going to die!!!!
Let's get ready
Let the school bus fly
Now wipe the tears from your eyes
It's rides until the day I die
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ