Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Owlies | Season One | Pg. 5 Announcement by Tatangi

Based on Click to view
Artist Tatangi [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Owlies | Season One | Pg. 5 Announcement

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:30 pm

PG. 5 Announcement

x
x
x

--------------------------------
Owlies are a species of griffin known for their owl like faces, unique tails, and thick, fur coats . They have a playful temperament with those they trust, but they also strongly bond to their owners. They can be anywhere from the size of a house cat to the size of buses. The more space they have, the bigger they will grow. Their diet consists of meat, but they are also known to eat berries and fruits. They prefer to live in snowy areas, but they have been seen around the world in many climates. What sets these creatures apart from other owl griffins is that they have thicker fur coats that keep them warm in colder climates. They are usually great companions for adventurers since they can be taught magic! since they are a bit bulkier than usual griffins, they tend to stay closer to the ground. They glide and fly to low altitudes but are not commonly seen too high in the air.

Owlies have their own set of traits that are considered Standard, Rare, or Legendary. Each adopt will have a chance to get these traits due to the artist process for each adopt. Because It can seem a little complicated, I will explain it step by step below:

Step One: Your Owlie #
If your Owlie number is a multiple of 5 (5,10,15...) You can roll for a Legendary Trait!

Step Two: Trait Roll
Each artist will roll a 6-sided die to determine the outcomes of their Owlie. (Even the Artist don't know what the Owlie may look like at first!)
1-3
Standard Traits
4-6
Rare Traits

Step Three: How Many Traits
1-3
One Rare Trait
4 or 5
Two Rare Traits
Three Rare Traits

Legendary Trait Roll
Must roll a 5 or 6 for a Legendary Trait
Each Artist is only allowed 1 Legendary Trait for each 50 Owlies, unless a special Owlie is released. If an artist didn't get a legendary trait during the last 50 Owlies, they will get 2 Traits to use in the next 50. The max legendary traits an artist can have is 4.

1. An Artist Must roll a virtual die (provided on our discord) if they want a Rare or Legendary trait.
2. Die Results must be screenshot and sent to Tatangi for approval.
3. Artists are allowed a maximum of 4 Legendary Traits at a time.
4. Each Artist is allowed one custom Owlie with Standard Traits.
5. Artist of the Season* is allowed One Rare Custom Owlie.
6. An Artist is only allowed one custom. If you get Artist of the Season, you may either pass on the Rare custom, add a rare trait to your original custom or re-adopt your standard custom.
7. As of Right now, all Owlies are free. You may not charge for an Owlie. This may change in the future.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*Artist of the Season is selected by Tatangi every 50 Owlies.

1. Species credit must go to Tatangi
2. Owlies are a Closed Species and has an official Archive to keep track of real Owlies
3. Owlies can be used in RPs or on RP sites as long as you credit Tatangi for the Species and the Artist for your Design.
4. As of right now, you are not allowed to sell your Owlies to others or create Owlies to sell. These may change in the future.
Last edited by Tatangi on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Owlie Staff

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Owlie Staff

Tatangi OWNER
DidTheTango#4422
Bio | She/Her
Tatangi started the species in the summer of 2019 after falling in love with owls. Because of her previous love of cats, she decided to combine the two and create the Owlies! Through a Lineart contest, the species was officially born! She prefers to be contacted through the Discord, however a message here will also get through to her!

☼ Red Beanie ☼ ARTIST/LINEART
Professor Kermit#2346
Bio | preferred pronouns
Hi! I doodle and and I like soup. excited to make some adopts for the species :''0

saralaxy GENERAL ARCHIVIST
saralaxy#3636
Bio | she/her
I think Owlies are a cute species and I hope they receive more love. I decided to become an archivist because I love keeping track of things and keeping them organized. It's actually pretty enjoyable for me. If you ever need to contact me immediately you can add me on discord at saralaxy#3636!

Lady Mascaraed CUSTOM ARCHIVIST
Aero#1637
Bio | She/Her
Hey, I’m Lady Mascaraed! I joined the Owlies archivist team on July 11,2019. I joined because I love to help organize and maintain a way for both staff and the community to find who each Owlie belongs to. Being an archivist helps me to maintain my coding skills as well!I’ve been browsing the okekaki adopts for awhile now and saw Owlies, I decided to join this wonderful community. I am easygoing, friendly and helpful, if you ever need help, feel free to PM!

Yuroshi ARTIST
yuroshi #8880
Bio | Any are Fine
I’m a person who really loves animals of every sort, as well as writing! I’m always happy to talk about anything you’d like. The best way to contact me is through discord private messages though I try to keep up with everything. I became an artist because I absolutely adore this species, and I love to create and share new designs in general~
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 am, edited 9 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Artist Shops

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Artist Shops

Each artist for the species has their own shop that they run. Each shop below will list the artist, their items, their prices (in feathers), how many they have of each item (slots), and if they are open or closed! You will also be able to click on the artist's avatar to see their CS profile so that you can PM them, or you can find their shop in our discord and message them there!

Feathers. Our Community Currency
Feathers are used to warm Owlettes (baby Owlies) when they are first born. Feathers are so valuable to Owlies that they have become currency for their communities. The more feathers you have, the better your chances are at getting more Owlettes! You can read more about our currency by joining our discord and going through the guidebooks we have there! You can even get a job within the community that awards you feathers!

Tatangi's Shop; OPEN
DidTheTango#4422;
Waiting List
Username
Username
Username
Username
Shop Items
Tiny Tot Gene - 100Fs - 1
Custom Owlie - 10 Fs - 2

Artist's Shop; OPEN/CLOSED
Discord Name;
Waiting List
Username
Username
Username
Username
Shop Items
Item One - $$ - #
Item Two - $$ - #
Item Three - $$ - #
Item Four - $$ - #

Discord Name;
Waiting List
Username
Username
Username
Username
Shop Items
Item One - $$ - #
Item Two - $$ - #
Item Three - $$ - #
Item Four - $$ - #

Discord Name;
Waiting List
Username
Username
Username
Username
Shop Items
Item One - $$ - #
Item Two - $$ - #
Item Three - $$ - #
Item Four - $$ - #

Discord Name;
Waiting List
Username
Username
Username
Username
Shop Items
Item One - $$ - #
Item Two - $$ - #
Item Three - $$ - #
Item Four - $$ - #
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Events

Discord Members INACTIVE
May 20-31
Event Info
Right now we are kicking things off with the species! I'm hard at work getting things ready for you all, but I want everyone to get a chance at a few extra feathers to start off with! (feathers are our community/species currency that can be used to buy items from artists shops like custom lineart, accessories, re-designs, etc...) By joining our discord this month, you will be awarded 25 feathers!

Artist Search ACTIVE
Always Active
Event Info
We are always on the lookout for some talented artists! Official Artists of the species must have a discord so that they can manage their shops. However, Guest artists do not have to have a discord but will not reap the benefits of being a full-time artist such as a shop and a bi-weekly payment of feathers!

Advertising ACTIVE
Always Active
Event Info
We love to grow our community, but we also want to give our members some Feathers to use in shops! By using our Feathers Claim channel in discord, you can earn Feathers for advertising our adopts! You earn 10 Feathers per friend referred, 20 for a link in your signature, and 50 for a DA journal!

MYO Event INACTIVE
July 12-30
Event Info
Our first MYO Event is here! Each season (per 50 owlies) we will have one of these events! This is your chance to make your own Owlie and register it for our archive! How exciting!
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Legendary Archive

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Legendary Archive

Our official Archive will be in our discord channel, which is view-able to everyone! Once an archivist is found, we will set up a spreadsheet of all the official Owlies that we have! For now, this section is dedicated to archiving our Legendary Owlies so that they are easy to find!

Season One
Owlie # - Owner - Artist
Owlie #30 - Owner - Yuroshi
Last edited by Tatangi on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates and Friends

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 pm

Affiliates and Friends

We like to spread the word around about other species or adoptables! If you would like to add your thread here (artist shops included!) then please fill out the form below! and PM it to me titled "Owlie Affiliate Request" and then let me know what you need from me for your thread!

Code: Select all
Link to Thread:
Name of Species/Shop/Thread
100x100 image:
Short Species Bio: (max 50 words)

Affiliates
Affiliate Name Owner Name
Date Affiliated
Affiliate Info
This is where you can put your species/thread information! Remember that this is only meant to be no more than 50 words, so a good summary of your species would be best suited here! If you are an artist with a thread, you can give a written "bio" of yourself and the type of art that you do!
Last edited by Tatangi on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tiny Tot Owlies

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Tiny Tot Owlies

Some Owlies will have a mutation called the Tiny Tot Gene, which keeps Owlies at their Owlet Sizes! Tiny Tot Genes are items that can be bought through an Artist shop when creating a custom Owlie, or items that Artists can buy to create Tiny Tot Owlies for adoption! Each Artist is only allowed 2 Tiny Tot Genes to sell, so please make sure you get them when you can! Or win one by adopting a Tiny Tot Owlie! Each Tiny Tot will have a raffle for the Tiny Tot Gene! A random person who completes their entry for this Owlie will be drawn to receive the Tiny Tot Gene!

Tiny Tot Owlies
Owlie #4 - Pollux - Puppybreath - Male
Last edited by Tatangi on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Owlies | WIP | NO POSTING

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:41 pm

res just in case
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed May 22, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Announcements

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Res just in case (probably announcements log/link to announcement posts within the main thread)
Last edited by Tatangi on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Owlies | WIP | Marking Allowed

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Hello everyone! You are now allowed to mark and you may also go ahead and join the discord if you wish! Beta testers for the discord will be getting their promised feathers (our species currency) in the following few days! I have a small vacation planned so I will try to do things before then!
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed May 22, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me