Kalon Legendary MYO Giveaway (Closed, judging)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Kalon Legendary MYO Giveaway (End Date: 06.02.)

Postby NaCl » Fri May 10, 2019 8:24 am

Username: NaCl

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? Yes I do!! they'll be mostly grey with splashes of colour and pretty dark as well. Kind of giving off a "sea monster" vibe I guess?? but without the mertail for it lol, I'm thinking of doing the "horns on body" edit or the "more than 2 tails"
(I've also got a kitsune like concept floating around in my head!!!)

Who will be making the myo? I'll be making it myself!! It'll be the first MYO/edit I've done with my new tablet

How do you usually develop your kalons? I usually put them into my fantasy world as a base, giving them a role in the world and having a connection to one of my already developed Kalons. I find my characters tend to write themselves while I'm thinking about their stories when I'm walking to school or trying to sleep, and I end up jotting them down somewhere later on c:

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: Kritanta has been one of my dream kals for a long time, and when I saw him go up for readopt, I knew I had to try out. It was the hardest I've tried in a comp and it paid off, my heart actually skipped a beat when I saw that I won him. Now, I love to develop him and doodle him and his very expressive children, even though he's nowhere close to being my first Kalon, he is most definitely my favourite.

How many kalons do you own? 12

Do you have a legendary kalon already? no I do not

What is something you like about the community? I love all of the creativity!! I love looking through the Fanclub, the discord, and the customs page to see all of the beautiful work!! I also love reading the finished entries in most comps, some of the concepts and characters are so interesting!!

Anything else you'd like to add: thank you so much for doing this!! since some people can't get Leg. MYO's and would love a Leg. kal, things like this are so amazing!! <3
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicratesPictus » Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 pm

Username: Irrylath

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I would love to base a kalon on the major portions of my mind in some way. All the kalonsI have so far are based on issues that I have seen others deal with or deal with myself in terms of personality. I think it would be nice to have one not only based on me in terms of personality, but have their appearance based on that as well. The three major portions are my frozen, depressed, robot-like former self that I have to try not to become again, my destructive and negative habits and personality traits, and the stray bits of positive habits and personality traits. The palettes I would love to use are brighter days, dark times, and robotic nature.

Who will be making the myo? While I would like to create it myself, I have no skill doing digital art. I would probably do some traditional drawings of them, and then commission someone to do the official reference based on my drawings.

How do you usually develop your kalons? I usually take personality traits from people that I know, and combine it with illnesses that I personally either have/had or know someone who has it. I do this so that there is more true representation of these frequently stigmatized things. I then develop them from there as a character who is independent of the people who they share traits with. The two kalons I own so far are in a modern-medieval au. One of them is a librarian and scribe who has OCD presenting as the compulsion to count things and struggles when things number as non-one primes, and the other is a knitter who dyes their own wool and has Crohn’s.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: My first child, Ole, has OCD as me and my brother have it. For me, it presents as the compulsion to count things and I get upset when things aren’t multiples of two, however, I don’t do much about it when it happens, unlike the character. For my brother, it presents as repetition of what he says and the compulsion to wash his hands after he touches anything not his.

How many kalons do you own? Two

Do you have a legendary kalon already? No

What is something you like about the community? I love how supportive we are of each other. It makes me happy to see that there are people who, even if they don’t understand what the other person is going through, is willing to be there for them.

Anything else you'd like to add: Thank you for hosting this!
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamyEnding » Thu May 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Username: LivvyAh

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already?
I did up a MYO contest entry that I really fell in love with. His visual motif is very reminiscent of Be Prepared in visuals only, I wanted him to feel a little like a grand villan number from an animated movie. So he's got simple hyena markings, some bones, green highlights, some fun swirled eyes, and lots of glow. He also has a TV head accessory that helps make a surreal look with the glow peering through. But he's not really creepy despite this, more campy.
Going with this I'd love if he was a haunted house worker, just a super theatrical guy who does a big ol monologue and dance number in the first room before moving people through. He probably also works at a truckstop diner as a waiter. He secretly loves adding to the feeling of liminal space there.
141/200

Who will be making the myo? I've already got him made up! I love making my own designs <3

How do you usually develop your kalons? I usually draw them lots and jam out headcanon notes. Once I have enough established I'll draft up a proper toyhou.se profile with all the fixings. I also write sometimes but that's all just for me.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: Opia is my first kalon and I still love how fleshed out she feels and how sweet her tryout comic came out. She just feels like a really solid character and I love her for it!! She's also just a blast to draw.

How many kalons do you own? 12

Do you have a legendary kalon already? 0

What is something you like about the community? I like how uplifting it is! There's a lot of positivity, especially with art beginners.

Anything else you'd like to add: Thank you for the opportunity!
about wrote:Liv
they • she
#girl
links wrote:Liv#5814
use my TH for
art/design credit!

notice wrote:please check out
MODULAR! my free
toyhouse layout!
you pick what's in it!
transfers wrote:I approve all out
of species transfers.

dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 am

Username: Wolfiedog3

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? Ever since I first saw kalons with the edits, I started thinking of ideas, I don't have a set one as of now, however, I do have something that I would want to do and I'm excited to hopefully get it one day. I'm gonna go for like a blue and brown like a palette, just cause they go together and blue is my favorite so why not? this palette is most likely what I'm going to go with, cause it's pleasing to me. Or, since my birthday is uhh June 4th, I might be getting a leopard gecko and make one based off of a gecko cause I love them so much !!! <33
    Who will be making the myo? I will most likely need to have someone else do it sadly cause Oekaki is rude to me, but I might do it myself if I can do it off of Oekaki if I want to, just have to take the time to.
    How do you usually develop your kalons? I think of what they most remind me of sometimes, or what they would think about possible and think of some possible personality ideas, then I go to stories, names, jobs, what they would do in their spare time, it just goes on with my development and they never really stop developing, so it's always an ongoing.
    Tell me something about your favorite kalon: My first kalon is totally my favorite, even thou I only have two, definitely my favorite and just because of her design and the story I'm thinking of for her. She is stuck in a coma in her real form, however, she is very friendly and can go into other kalons dreams and talks to them. I'm trying to get another kalon who will go along with her story and will make it go farther to figure out how she got stuck in a coma.
    How many kalons do you own? Two Small Beans
    Do you have a legendary kalon already? Nope !!
    What is something you like about the community? From what I have seen so far, I enjoy the community and they all seem extremely friendly, as soon I joined the discord I got a nice welcome and was happy to be there.
    Anything else you'd like to add:Thank you for this chance !! c;
Last edited by Wolfiedog3 on Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby f1owercrown » Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 am

Username: f1owercrown

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I've been thinking about a wings, maybe -- probably either moth or butterfly wings (translucency sounds nice, too). For the colors, I'm inclined to do a brown-ish palette with soft pastel colors, or any palette that looks relaxing (a soft-palette space theme, maybe?).
    Hmm, or maybe a merkal with iridescent scales and a pretty, shiny tail. Colors would probably fall along the soft-color scale.

I have a whole blog where I draw inspiration for my aesthetic or the things I like. qwq If I'd go with a wing-theme, it would have a feel like this or this, but if I went with a merkal theme I think I'd do something that feels like this or this.

(wait but what if I do translucent butterfly wings AND an iridescent mermaid tail??? with flower markings/shine?? aaaAAAA i got excited all of a sudden oh my gosh)

Who will be making the myo? def me!! I'm a v v v v v indecisive person so I'd rather have myself spend hours if it means making a design I'd be happy with. ; w;

How do you usually develop your kalons? Recently I've been making art of them, but development usually happens when I start daydreaming lmao. I have so many stories and headcanons on all my kalons but always get writer's block and never fully type down what I imagined. But I do love my kalons dearly and I'm attached to most of them lol.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: ngl but my favorite kalon would be Astrid! I really loved the concept of coding comps and I fell in love with the kal. I spent hours designing my form to make sure I could show just how dedicated I was to the kalon and how many ideas I had for her character. Entering for her never felt like a chore, and I was so ecstatic seeing that I won the kal. qwq I especially loved the headcanons I had for her (a smart space-loving DJ?? with a girlfriend? aaa). I plan to develop her (and my other kals!) over the summer as I have more time to properly sit down and write stuff!

How many kalons do you own? 17 at the moment!

Do you have a legendary kalon already? nope qwq

What is something you like about the community? I honestly love how creative the community is?? I have so many favorite artists in the community and I just wanna say that they have been an inspiration for me to draw and become better at what I love doing because seeing their art actually lifts my spirit and makes me more certain of what style or what "feel" of art I want to draw. I want to become just as good as my favorite artists in the kal community!

Anything else you'd like to add: Thank you for this opportunity! It's so kind of you to host this giveaway, and I hope good things come your way as well. ^^ Thank you for spreading the good karma!
Last edited by f1owercrown on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
    ┌──────────────┐

────────────────────
    flower · v soft · she/her
    ────────────────────
    I'd rather waltz than just
    walk through the forest.

└──────────────┘
      ┌──────────────┐

───────── ─────────
      v busy bee in postgrad.
      please do not ask to buy
      any of my characters, ty!

────────────────────
      about · kalons · tumblr
      skarmoury#9386
      ────────────────────
      icon · oc pixel · forest pixel
      ────────────────────

└──────────────┘
f1owercrown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakuro. » Sun May 19, 2019 6:01 am

Username: zakuro.

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? (you may post inspiration pictures, videos, music and palettes but do not post sketches of the kalon itself nor the edits. max 200 words/3 other.)

Who will be making the myo? (are you making it yourself, or would you like to commission someone?)

How do you usually develop your kalons? (max 200 words)

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: (it can be a memorable rp/hc moment, the reason you fell in love with their character, something about their story/design that is very important to you, or anything really. max 300 words)

How many kalons do you own? (at the moment of posting/editing the form for the last time)

Do you have a legendary kalon already? (at the moment of posting/editing the form for the last time)

What is something you like about the community? (max 100 words)

Anything else you'd like to add:
sig & pfp by chimingcloud on discord
zak | she | adult | my kals
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SandSpider » Sun May 19, 2019 6:24 am

Username: SmolLilTrashcan

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? Yes! I’ve got quite a few concepts but there’s one that I’m really hyped about

Who will be making the myo? I’ll almost definitely have to commission someone rip

How do you usually develop your kalons? I usually text my friend who’s also into kalons and we throw concepts together til we’ve got this super complicated Kalon. I’ve also got a few AUs to throw them in

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: My favorite Kalon has to be Prince Caspian. He was cursed as a kit and is now blind but because of his strong connection to magic he can still see magical beings/magic in work. He’s kinda like Steve Irwin with magical creatures and he’s just such a precious bab. He’s got a growth but it’s not approved yet

How many kalons do you own? 5! Somehow

Do you have a legendary kalon already? Nope

What is something you like about the community? I love how the Fanclub is run with the reply systems. Other adopts I’m in like RISE really failed with their Fanclub and no one really replies or interacts on there. The 3 replies rule makes the Kalon Fanclub such a nice place to get advice.

Anything else you'd like to add: Thanks for the opportunity!!
SandSpider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 am

Username: fruitbat

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I've got a little something something in mind. I think having the Kalon based off my username, aka a fruit bat. A colour scheme using this would be ideal, and then use different fruit colours for accents. I'd love for the Kalon to have a halo or two made of fruit too! Other traits would include extra ears, horns, height and length mutation.
        However, I've always adored ancient history and would love the idea of an ancient Kalon to come to life. A Kalon that look like they've just stepped out of 300BC or descended from Mount Olympus itself is what I'd aim for. Inspiration would be taken from two sources:the most famous ancient figures such as Socrates, Confucius and Cleopatra, as well as important and well-known godly figures from ancient times such as Zeus, Ptah and Thor. A lot of neutral colours would be used, and some of the traits I would include are extra and missing eyes, transparency (for a glass-like effect), halos and fur edits. I'd like to have a few accessories as well, including head silks.

Who will be making the myo? I would like to try and get someone commissioned, as I lack the artistic ability.

How do you usually develop your kalons? Honestly I've had trouble developing my Kalons. I got really into them, then took a long break for CS and pretty much abandoned them. I've only recently come back, so I'm working on their development in between uni, work and other real life things. Currently I'm creating AU's and in-dept personalities based on what I think best suits their design.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: I won Keet ages ago after loving his design. To this day I still love it because of the contrast between the strips and the small blotches on his lower half. I really wanted him so I developed him thoroughly through my form, working really hard to make sure every detail was correct. He reminds me of determination really, which is quite an important trait for my personal every day life.

How many kalons do you own? Five.

Do you have a legendary kalon already? Nope.

What is something you like about the community? The reply system for the fanclub has always been a really good thing in my eyes. However, I can't say that I've experienced the community enough to truly understand it. As I said previously, I've recently taken an extended break so things that I knew before may be quite different.

Anything else you'd like to add: I will be away at the time the winners are announced with possibly very limited internet. If I'm at all chosen, please give me one day after the 2nd to collect. Also, thank you for the opportunity!
Last edited by fruitbat on Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirelion » Tue May 21, 2019 3:11 am

Username:
sapphirelion

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already?
So far I’m thinking maybe a Kalon who likes to gather orphaned children to be their ‘mother/father’ figure.
Inspiration (image collage)
Inspiration (image collage #2)
Inspiration (music-no words)

Who will be making the myo?
If I can afford to I’d prefer to have someone else make it as I’m not the best at designing the actual designs, but if that isn’t possible I’d do it myself

How do you usually develop your kalons?
I normally develop my Kalons in my head, creating a character for them based on how they look (whether it be their designs/edits/expression or all of the above) and then having them interact in my head while I’m supposed to be doing other things :lol:

Tell me something about your favorite kalon:
(I have to pick just one? Oh man :lol: )
Uh, I suppose right now my favorite is Eris development wise. She is a young and very agile thief and I rp’d with someone using her and just loved what I was able to write for her. I had her steal from a museum and try to take the stolen item home with her without getting caught by the police. She so far has successfully stolen the item and gotten out of the museum, but the police are hot on her tail so it might not be much longer until she will be caught. I’ll have to wait and see.

How many kalons do you own?

Do you have a legendary kalon already?
I do not currently own a legendary Kalon

What is something you like about the community?
I like how nice the community is, whether it be in just in normal conversation on the discord, or one on one interaction discussing possible trades/breedings/character development. People are kind and considerate when speaking to others which is hard to find sometimes in real life and it’s refreshing.

Anything else you'd like to add:
Last edited by sapphirelion on Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Greater love has no one than this,
than to l
ay down one's life for his friends
- John 15:13

info
my kals 🦑
kalon art shop
Diamond (kia)
other characters of mine
Art by me,gif by Meridiem, pixel by pangur.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImageImage
sapphirelion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me