❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 am

Me: Gonna write a novel, gonna writer a novel!
Me: *starts writing* Alright! Two thousand words in a day!
*next day*
Me: One thousand words, not bad..
*three days later*
Me: only one hundred words, alright alright, tomorrow will be better..
*one week later*

Me: Gonna write another novel, just till I'm over this writers block!
And the cycle goes on
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 am

what’s your favorite kind of story to write?
How unbelievably vague. I have no answer

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Totally_A_Human » Wed May 15, 2019 10:30 am

Hey .Kira, I feel you on that. I have 8 finished short stories, but probably 20 or thirty WIPs and novel begginings. It's ridiculous.
Hello there! I guess I should introduce myself:
You can call me whatever you want, but I call myself Ri.
I am in high school
I love writing and drawing
My favorite colors are blue and grey
My favorite animal is my chorgi (Chihuahua/Corgi), Ms. Honey.
My favorite song is Light it Up by Keely Elise
Totally_A_Human

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 am

Well, I adore fantasy and science fiction. Anything fiction, really, although nonfiction can be good, too. Fanfictions irk me unless they have original characters not following the main plot of the last one . . . but definitely fantasy. ;3

Welcome, luminous, to the most interesting cluster of 'smoothians you'll meet. It's difficult to escape this fruit cocktail.
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cribunni » Wed May 15, 2019 2:44 pm

This was like,, a vent poem? I kinda liked the way it turned out though, so I kind of just wanted to get it off my chest somewhere. Hope that’s okay !! [ I’ve been calling this Muted Pigments ]

I knew it was love, when I first noticed you, as you asked me about my favorite color. You wanted me to describe it vividly, and for some reason, I couldn’t find any words in my throat as I looked at your smile. I told you it was purple, light purple. You flashed your smile again, and I could only then think of the color of your cheeks. Or your eyes. I often find myself drawn to yellow. It is a vibrant color, and holds a warmth I’m not quite used to feeling in my chest. I think you’ve got a collection of yellow sweaters to make my blood stop in its tracks. Never have I seen someone look like the very sun that brings life to this planet. Maybe it’s not purple, maybe it’s a pastel yellow. After that day, you graced me with your presence several times. It was obvious that you wanted to start something. Of course, friendship is an alien concept to my dim mind, and silence seems to fit better into my vocal cords. So as I watched you speak into my hard, stone wall shell, I watched you slowly lose interest, too. Your aura turned from a bright yellow, to a cold blue. I can’t say that I blame you. I’ve been told more times than I can count, that I remind people of a mute. My tongue twists in hatred as I sit silently. I cannot show people differently if I’m too scared to. So I write ‘mute’ in bold black letters across my forehead, as if to give everyone around me a warning. A forethought. I was once told “You reflect what you believe.” And if believing I am nothing more than a snide conversation about that ‘quiet girl’ in math class, than I guess I’m reflecting a battle field. A blood red battle field of short answers, and judgmental stares. Trust me, and don’t take this lightly, social anxiety is no joke. I am no mute, I have simply silenced my voice. What is the point of wasting oxygen when your words float through the ceiling, no gravity in their syllables. I could waste a colorless apology, but I know that I could never be brave enough to let my words float into your ears. I see things in colors. Each voice has its own unique hue, wether it be a light purple, or a pastel yellow. My voice is grey. It has collected years of dust from sitting on my shelf of failures. I know, it’s not fair that I have done this to you. And I wish I could tell you that you deserved better than that. I’ve noticed lately that your yellow has turned dark, and sluggish. You’re beginning to look like a wilting flower. My words would mean nothing to you, but when I first saw you, my color palette changed. My grey hues turned to beautiful purples, and yellows, and maroons. You are a piece of art, your face holds thousands of colors that I could not dream of painting. It’s none of my business wether the hard times are weighing you down, or drowning you, but let me tell you something; when you sink, it’s just your paint brush being cleaned.

ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATTY !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Thu May 16, 2019 2:32 am

Adventure stuff and discovering things and fluffy family bonding stuff, though most of the backgrounds for those characters tend to be less than CS appropriate, for some reason. Weird how that happens.

Aloe, that is beautiful. I've actually done some minor research into color psychology, and all those mentions of the colors and pigments are really powerful, especially if you know a bit of the meaning behind them; purple, loyalty and peace; yellow, happiness and joy; blue, calm and sorrow; red, passion and rage; grey, death and monotony. That, and the way you describe the colors changing, the strange hopeful turn at the end, they all work together to make this more beautiful the more I read it. I totally understand the need for an occasional vent poem. I've written one myself, though it plays more with format than words. I've also played with the ideas of colors and their meanings, though I went a different route than you did. Personally, I think I like yours better, but that's possibly because it's got more emotion to it. That's a difficult part of writing, and you did it beautifully here. Maybe if your voice doesn't work, give your words some weight and write them down. <3

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atlas; » Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

Lord help me.
I've been going through so much writers block. I literally can only answer prompts at the moment. Like, I've literally added two words to my novel in a whole week. What do you guys do to help yourselves out?
I swear if you say "just wait", I'ma smack you with a Guinness World Records book lol
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 18 gifts.
atlas;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 pm

ultimate writer. wrote:
@anxious ghost I have some angst-based prompts!
What do you want it like? There are some unused ones which I can PM ya!
( and I really like your writings! I'll be sure to bookmark so that I can read those one-shots later )

Also, hey I'm back to this thread now ≥﹏≤

i'm best at like, emotional turmoil kinda stuff, versus physical things like death.
(thank you!)

Ranger of the North wrote:
Stevie: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

thank you ranger!

aloe~ wrote:
This was like,, a vent poem? I kinda liked the way it turned out though, so I kind of just wanted to get it off my chest somewhere. Hope that’s okay !! [ I’ve been calling this Muted Pigments ]
-snip-

oml?? this is so good??
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crookedleaf » Thu May 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Crookedleaf wrote:
Kzadrin wrote:
Prompt #2

Each morning I wake with them on my mind, and the now familiar pain in my heart.

She woke up that morning the same as any with that same memory dancing across her mind."Thomas!!!!" She blinked away the tears as they fell, knowing even they can't change the past and what happened that day, and nothing ever will. "I'm coming, I won't let them take you..." She walked out her bedroom, if you could even call it that, his words causing her heart to ache, rushing to the sink and the broken mirror of the abandoned house looking at her torn heart drawn across her face."I wish we could take the both of you...Your power seems so interesting, Thomas." Feet pounding. "I don't think you're going to take either of us, a**hole." She turns and leaves walking towards her bag her thoughts still a jumble of memories and the fact he's never coming back."Thomas!!!" Heart beating..Hers? "They don't know these woods like we do L-" She dropped the arrows to the ground, seeing them fall the same way someone does when hitting something, and she bent down grabbing them trying to shove the feelings deep down."Thomas?!" Tears streaming. "Go check him, make sure he is unable to follow us." One of the guys walk to where the rock had popped out the ground bending down at looking at his face. She slipped on the arrow bag around her shoulder glancing around the house seeing the one thing she forgot to grab and walked towards it."The deed is done." Falling, spinning, lost..."THOMAS" She picked up the old hunting jacket of his and slipped it around her feeling him near and walked out the door moving to the next location. She turned quickly seeing her childhood friend behind her, the woods visable through his faded self. "Come on loser, it's time to catch the catchers.."

I wrote this awhile ago on a forum here somewhere...What do you guys think of it? I'm kinda iffy on if I like it or not
██████THE██████
THING ABOUT
──────🕷──────
| Crooked | Taurus | She/Her
I'm a roleplayer so hmu any ideas~
Peter Parker deserves happiness,
and Marvel needs to give him that!!
My Instagram is InfinityParker

─────────────
IS YOU CAN'T
──────────
xxxxMajor Spidey Stan
xxxMore Inactive then Active

──────────
xiiALWAYS
xiiALWAYS
SAVE EVERYONE.
████████
© ; 🕷 ˎˊ˗
Crookedleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 pm

.Kira Nightblade. wrote:Me: Gonna write a novel, gonna writer a novel!
Me: *starts writing* Alright! Two thousand words in a day!
*next day*
Me: One thousand words, not bad..
*three days later*
Me: only one hundred words, alright alright, tomorrow will be better..
*one week later*

Me: Gonna write another novel, just till I'm over this writers block!
And the cycle goes on
MOOD

THE ONES WITH CHARACTERS *smothers smart-mouthed side* uhhh. The ones where I manage to pull off good, wholesome relationships. I want my character dynamics to feel real, but I don't know if I've managed that yet XD It takes a crap-ton of practice, o o f

That was really lovely, Aloe!

➶➶➶➶➶ ℓυмιησυs ➷➷➷➷➷ wrote:Lord help me.
I've been going through so much writers block. I literally can only answer prompts at the moment. Like, I've literally added two words to my novel in a whole week. What do you guys do to help yourselves out?
I swear if you say "just wait", I'ma smack you with a Guinness World Records book lol
JUST WAIT!
XD nah. I'm gonna give the next worse (but most helpful [while simultaneously most useless]) piece of advice: just write XD Honestly the fact that you even have motivation for /prompts/ is a good thing. Maybe you could use them to get to know your novel's characters a little better; that might refire your energy. Or, alternatively, give yourself a break. Something like "I will not do any more work on this unless I want to, until the end of the month. On June 1st I will right more." I've done that once before, and it actually really helped; might work for you, too? c:

Ooh, it's not bad, Crookedleaf! I especially like the "The deed is done." Falling, spinning, lost..."THOMAS" line c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me