Color residue in Oekaki

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Color residue in Oekaki

Postby lksjdisslsllsllkdkdd » Sat May 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Sometimes when I'm drawing, I can see a bit of residue (for lack of a better word) left over from erased or hidden layers.

Here's what it looks like:

http://i66.tinypic.com/90c1g6.png

It is very faint and sometimes I can't see it at all. If you zoom in the image and tilt your head around, you can see shadowy parts of a human body. (This particular screenshot is from a set of human refs.) The most noticeable part is the top right corner.

It isn't connected to any layer or to the background, and it cannot be erased. The layer that these were on was deleted hours ago.

It isn't an issue with my computer, either; it shows up across multiple devices and moves with the drawing, so it isn't burned into the screen or anything.

Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it? Thanks!
lksjdisslsllsllkdkdd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Color residue in Oekaki

Postby All Might » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 am

Hmm. The Best suggestion I might could make is to delete entirely the problem layers. Or even duplicate and delete if they still possess something you want to delete.

It was difficult to find ; but I did indeed find a shadowy shadow leftover thing.

┍━━━━━━━┑
    'it's you'
    If only I could stay
    delicate as the new day ;
    adult / she / artist
    seeking blue sorb
    credit

┕━━━━━━━┙

Image Image

All Might

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnimalAtHeart » Sun May 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Does it show up after you post the oekaki too? Because it could just be some weird glitch that only shows while you're drawing.
not very active anymore...
Gryph/Cricket/Ammie | they/them
you can pm me, but it may take me a while to get back to you
toyhouse | tumblr | artfight
AnimalAtHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Mon May 13, 2019 5:55 am

I have had the same problem myself. I just create a new layer over top of the problem layer, or just delete the problem layer and try again. it works sometimes but when it doesn't I just try to ignore it.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Could I be added to a drawing with this issue, please? I’d like to search for a work around as I’ve never experienced it myself.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lksjdisslsllsllkdkdd » Mon May 13, 2019 1:00 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Could I be added to a drawing with this issue, please? I’d like to search for a work around as I’ve never experienced it myself.

The one I'm working on isn't finished yet, but when I'm done, I will if it's still showing up.
lksjdisslsllsllkdkdd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Tue May 14, 2019 2:50 am

Noramlly I get this as screen burn if I leave a drawing open for too long without moving it or doing something else. But I see this is not the case.

Only other thing is that I usually get this when using a different drawing program, but it's when you make a new line, there's like an outer layer of some sort of unusual colour and it outlines each stroke. Normally it's not noticeable, but sometimes it's obvious. Someone told me before it has to do with some sort of mechanics/physics going on within the program, such as within the properties of certain functions. I'm not sure how to counter this exactly, but I'll definitely do some research!

EDIT:

Okay so one of the issues might be an Alias setting. It typically has to do more with cut, copy, and pasting selections than other things it seems, but perhaps this might be an idea of it? Basically it allows for a sort of "outline" of an image, but it usually is more so pixelated. On other drawing programs though, some people say they would get a full ghost image, like you have, and upon changing their alias settings to Anti-Alias, they found the ghost image wouldn't appear anymore. I don't think we have this ability, so perhaps Nick could look into it.

Another solution people have said is that scrolling up and down from the canvas made it go away. However, for some it didnt, and this also is a different drawing program.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue May 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Do you draw with pen pressure? I think I just ran into your problem on my own; I could erase it from the layer if I applied extra pressure. It's weird because I had the opacity on the tool set correctly but whatever- maybe you can get rid of it if you try drawing harder?
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me