Based on Click to view
Artist SurgeFire [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1762

Postby SurgeFire » Sun May 05, 2019 3:19 am

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To claim you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. Please be sure you have room in your clan before applying for this cat.

This cat may not be traded until: July [date judged] 2019
There is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
For a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. The original owner must post in the archive.

Tell me about the biggest promise they broke. Like I say, be creative! You can explain anything surrounding that promise.
Min: 150 words
Max: 1000 words, one art piece

End Date: May 10, 11:59 PM EDT

Username: dewly_noted
Cat Name: Cinnamon
Clan: BeachClan

Description: Cinnamon tortie with orange eyes.

Other Features: None
Siblings: None Living

---------------------------------------- SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SDD: Foundation

---------------------------------------- DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DDD: Foundation
Last edited by SurgeFire on Mon May 13, 2019 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1762

Postby Trickz » Sun May 05, 2019 3:26 am

Username: Thunder.Collects
Name: Burnetclaw
Clan: CreekClan

Prompt: (284 Words)
Burnetclaw hasn't broken many promises, as surprising as it may sound. However, there is one that ruined friendships and a relationship she could have had. As an apprentice, Burnetpaw fell in love with a she-cat named Hailpaw, and Hailpaw felt the same way about her lesbian crush. The two bonded and worked together very well, so they made a vow they would become mates when they became warriors. This promise forged a deeper bond between the two she-cats it involved, as well as the friend circle they had. When Burnetclaw rejected Hailshadow's request to become mates, saying the feeling wasn't there anymore, the she-cat was miserable and spread rumors about Burnetclaw, her friends making sure it spread quickly and effectively. This made the tortoiseshell she-cat lose a large number of her friends and a lot of the respect her clanmates had for her, which she still hasn't recovered.

Burnetclaw doesn't believe it was her fault that this happened and that Hailshadow overreacted and would come to terms with it one day, but it has been ongoing for many moons. Burnetclaw finally decided that she didn't need friends and respect to be a powerful warrior, and she now has a strong ambition to be the best she can for CreekClan. She believes you don't need a mate to be happy and to have ties in the clan, and she is currently training an apprentice named Sleekpaw who is turning into a boastful but sweet apprentice, showing the warrior is doing something right.

While that promise was broken and Burnetclaw was hurt in the process, she still continues to be a loyal and devoted warrior to her clan, since that is all they ask of her.
Last edited by Trickz on Sun May 05, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sun May 05, 2019 3:41 am

Username: Kazin
    Name: Fireflicker
    Clan: Zephyrclan

Prompt:

"We'll always be friends; I promise." A lot of friends say this to each other, Fireflicker knew this. It definitely wasn't a promise that she took lightly. After all, why would you ever want to cut ties with the only friend you had?

Fireflicker had always been known to have a temper. The fire in her soul was more than just part of her name, but it was part of her very essence. Fiery down to the core, she was snappy and standoffish towards every cat she interacted with. All but one.

She met Maplespark during a training session, practicing her battle skills on intricately placed sticks in the ground. Maplespark had watched Fireflicker do her complicated techniques, flying through the air like she was born in it, her muscles working effortlessly to perform stunts most cats couldn't even dream of doing. Maplespark had struck up a conversation first, and even when Fireflicker growled at her to leave, pinning her ears back and hissing, Maplespark stood her ground. Fireflicker decided to take a chance getting to know the other cat, realizing that maybe she didn't have to be an outsider her whole life.

Perhaps it was too good to be true, or perhaps Fireflicker was too destructive for her own good, burning anything happy and good that presented itself to her.

In a bout of anger, Fireflicker attacked Maplespark one day. It hadn't been anything damaging physically, but Maplespark was clearly hurt emotionally. The only friend Fireflicker had ran away after that, leaving without another word to her once very close friend. By attacking her only ally, Fireflicker broke the promise she had made both to Maplespark and to herself, for which she could never forgive herself. But she would search for Maplespark, at least to make sure that the she-cat was safe. While Fireflicker knew that she would never really be able to have the same relationship with Maplespark that she used to have, she still cared deeply for her and that would never stop.
Last edited by Kazin on Sun May 05, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:12 am

res w/ claypaw

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimrod. » Sun May 05, 2019 11:18 am

started to lose connection so i would rather let someone have her that adores her as they should c:
Last edited by nimrod. on Tue May 07, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Sun May 05, 2019 1:00 pm

Username: .sins.
Name: Barleylight
Clan: Strawberryclan

Prompt: They say losing a friend is the hardest thing ever, then you fall in love and it’s your mate. Then you become a mother and losing a kit is the hardest, but no one ever tells you how much losing all three of those things at once is. But I broke the one promise I made to every one of them…. If anyone tells you differently, then they haven’t really experienced it.
…..
Thistlepaw yowled as he was pinned by Barleypaw. “You are a cheater!” the grey apprentice hissed at the cinnamon tort. Barleypaw smiled and got off.
“You’re just jealous you can’t fight as well as me.” A deep purr came from both she-cats. Today was their naming ceremony, so they were trying to stay slightly distracted. It had been a long road for both. “I promise I won’t leave you. I’ll always protect you.” The grey she-cat nodded and said the same thing back. It was their thing since becoming friends and training together.
Back in the camp they shared fresh kill, before hearing Moorstar call for a clan meeting. The two got nervous but walked up together and sat with the rest. First were the kits, getting their mentors, then they started to worry, that maybe they failed their test, even when told differently. Then their names were called, and they stepped forward.
“Do you both promise to uphold the clan values?” Barleypaw nodded, not caring what her friend was doing at this moment. “Then from this day forward you will be known as Barleylight and Thistlepelt.”
Their name echoing around the clan the cinnamon she-cat puffed out her chest, pride surging through her.
…..
A tight pain coursed through her body, late in the night. Crying out, she barely noticed when the medicine cat and her mate rushed into the den. “I think they’re coming!” she grunted as there was another sharp pain. “Reedfeather…” she trailed as another wave, and a familiar scent cover her nose as a sleek jet-black tom nuzzled her.
“Take these my dearest, it will help and Goosenose will help the kits.” Just then another familiar scent was in the den, Thistlepelt. Her friend had decided to come and also help.
After a more pain and what seemed like days, there was tiny mewling next to her. Deciding to leave the naming for the morning, she curled around her kits, and slept with her mate and friend beside her. “I will never leave you; I will protect you always, I promise.”
…..
Panic was coursing throughout the clan as the dens started to fill with water, from the heavy rains the last few days. With her two moon old kits, she was more worried about them. “Larkkit, Mintkit, get up, come on. We have to get out of here.” Nosing her kits, they barely roused. Bolting out of the den, she soon realized that the water was rising faster than anyone was ready for. Her mate, the best swimmer in the clan, was busy trying to save other cats. Calling out he turned and headed for her. Fear pricked at her pelt as a flash of lightning crossed the sky and struck the tree by the clearing.
Bursting into flames, the camp was soon quickly surrounded with only one escape. Eyes wide, she ran back to her kits and grabbed one. ‘I will come back for you!’ she promised the green-eyed babe still in the nest. Running out, she jumped into the deepening water, being diligent about keeping her kits head above water. Hearing water behind her moving, she saw Thistlepelt with her other kit. Her eyes flashed gratitude.
Loud cracking made her turn and she watched as the tree that was stuck fell into the camp, kitting a few cats and creating a wake trying to swim faster, she was caught in the wake. Knocking the air out of her, she tried gasping for air when able around her kit. Her feet touching ground she pulled herself up and watched the chaos unfold around her. Her home. Her family.
The next morning, the remaining cats went to the camp. The kit she was carrying had died from inhaling too much water, and no one had heard anything of her mate or friend. Padding down the hill to the camp she yowled seeing her friend and kit laying motionless. Shaking both, she realized they weren’t going to wake up. Her cries of grief ringing through the camp.
Her voice gone, a tail drooped over her shoulders as the medicine cat cooed her away from her dead friend and kit. “They found Reedfeather...” her heart soared, hopes returning that maybe she wouldn’t be alone. “He was caught under the tree as it was falling.” There wasn’t a need to finish. Her heart snapped in two.
…..
I had promised them all I would protect them. I would never leave them. I failed. I can’t trust myself to tell anyone I won’t let them down. I let too many cats I cared about down. I didn’t help, I didn’t go back for them, I… I… Killed my friend, mate, and kits. I’m a failure.
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladyskittels » Tue May 07, 2019 4:01 am

Username: Ladyskittels
Name: Lostflame
Clan: Glacial Blizzard Clan

Prompt:
"I won't let anything happen to your kits, I promise sister." Lostflame promised her sister Chestnutfire. "You gave birth a few moons ago, you're going to need to get back to your duties at some point if you want to keep your position in the clan."

"I know," Chestnutfire sighed, gazing down at her napping litter. "They just look so.... helpless. I hate leaving them, you know?" The dilute tortoiseshell cat made eye contact with her littermate and shared a look only they could.

In that moment, Lostflame felt the pain her sister was feeling; the anxious feeling of what could happen when she left the kits, and everything that could happen in the meantime. The cinnamon and orange tortoiseshell exhaled sharply to clear the feeling before nuzzling into her sister's pelt.

"You can trust me," she murmured into the hunter's ear. "The other hunters need you today. You can't miss it..."

Chestnutfire nodded, clear from her body language that she was still on edge. "Alright, but please.... keep them safe."

Lostflame watched as her sister slunk out of the nest where the kits were napping and breathed a sigh of relief. If only they would stay asleep while she's gone, the female thought to herself nervously as she got herself comfortable to keep watch. Luckily the queens were standing by in case something were to happen, which put her mind at ease for now. Maybe I'll be able to get a little sleep? She thought as she stifled a yawn.

The cinnamon and orange tortoiseshell female woke to an empty nest and a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach; where were the kits and the queens??? She thought frantically as she bolted out of the den, searching for the kits.

"About time you woke up, dear!" Called Fallowbreeze, one of the queens with a smile on her face. Two out of the four kits were at her feet wrestling while the other two busily climbed on her back. "Not to worry, the little ones are doing just fine. And I'll keep your little secret so your sister doesn't have to find out."

"Thank starclan they're alright," she breathed, a grateful expression on her face. "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

"Oh no, dear. Don't worry about it," the bicolored female said happily. "I'm just doing my job, no need to repay me."

Lostflame smiled sheepishly at the queen, feeling guilty for falling asleep and not keeping her promise to her sister who had been so nervous something might happen to her children. "Why don't you take a break for a while, Fallowbreeze? I think I'm going to take the kits out for a little bit. Get some energy out in a walk."

"Very well," Fallowbreeze replied, reaching behind her to hoist the two kits off of her back. "Just be sure not to wander off too far, the hunters should be back soon."

Lostflame followed behind the four bouncing kits who were happily romping down the path in front of them. They were shouting among themselves, arguing about which kit could bounce the highest, which made their aunt smile in remembering when that had been her and her sister. Two of the three boys stopped at a tree and reached up their paws, tentatively gripping the bark with their young claws.

"Don't even think about it," The cinnamon and orange tortoiseshell cat warned them as she approached. "I don't need you climbing trees for a while. Your mom will have my pelt for that."

"You're no fun!" They whined, but obeyed and backed off from the tree in favor of sniffing around a bush.

If I have to be the no fun one to keep you alive and your mother happy, so be it... She thought gruffly with a roll of her eyes. Children, while cute and precious and whatnot, could be some of the most annoying creatures to be around.

Letting her mind drift as she followed behind her niece and nephews, the tortoiseshell was unaware of when her niece went missing until her brothers came up to her and got her attention.

"Aunite Lostflame! Come quick, come quick!" The boys said, their voices frantic.

"What's wrong? What happened???" She replied, feeling her heartbeat quicken with nervousness. "Where's your sister?"

The boys didn't answer her but instead led her to just beyond the bushes where they had been playing just minutes earlier, revealing a cliff face just beyond where the female kit had been seen last.

"Did she go down there...?" Lostflame asked softly, feeling her throat tighten.

The boys nodded and she stepped toward the edge of the cliff hoping to find the kit still alive. Looking down she breathed a sigh of relief; the young female had managed to land on a ledge nearly at the top of the cliff.

"Are you alright?" Lostflame called to the kit who didn't respond. This made her more nervous and she climbed down to tend to the child.

Right when she made it to the ledge, part of it crumbled beneath her weight and caused her to lose her footing. Both cats fell and were caught on a root, the cinnamon tortoiseshell holding onto the root with her paws for dear life, and carrying the kit in her mouth. All of a sudden, the voice of her sister came from above them but the words didn't register in the tortoiseshells mind.

Next thing she knew, her sister had climbed down the cliff and was clinging onto the side next to her. "Hold on a little longer," Chestnutfire said before she took the kit from Lostflame and made her way back up the cliff.

The sister tried to hold on, but shock had taken over her body and caused her to drop the branch as her body trembled uncontrollably. The last words she said before she fell to her death was, "I'm so sorry for betraying you, sister."
[996 words]
Ladyskittels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sat May 11, 2019 1:35 am

Username;; dewly_noted
    Cat Name;; Cinnamon
    Gender;; female
    Age;; 23 moons
    Clan;; BeachClan
    Rank;; wave runner [for now, possibly taking a healer rank after a rotate BeachClan onto it's arc 2 rank system]

Prompt;; [647/1000]

There are two people you fall in love with in life, those you should and those you shouldn't.
    Marigold raised her head off of her mate's side, eyes moving to the amber eyes of Oak. Their gaze met momentarily and the intensity of emotions that travelled between them were many things, but mostly and above all else they were forbidden. She turned her head and closed her eyes, taking in a deep breathe of her mates scent. Sunny was the one she had been assigned and he would be the one she loved even if her heart veered towards another.

The following morning she awoke to feeling of sickness in her stomach, something she was beginning to grow familiar with. It was a tell tale sign that she had known and expected since the first time she had felt it, the emotions that accompanied it were a mixture of good and bad. She wanted to be a mother, she loved kits and the thought of having her own brought her unending joy. Then there was the fear, the worry because she couldn't be certain whose kit she was expecting.

For the sake of her reputation in her tribe she hoped the kid belonged to Sunny, he had expressed his interest in having kittens multiple times. He'd be a great father. Yet for the sake of her heart she hoped that it would be Oak's kit. She'd loved him for as long as she'd had love in her heart. Sunny would be a great father but with Oak they'd have a real family.

Ideally she'd never have to tell either of them, she could have the kit in secret and avoid the confrontation of the lies she had built and continue to live the best of both worlds. She could have the love and kindness Sunny offered and the understanding and genuine love that she felt with Oak.

She stood up from their shared nest and left, eyes yet again meeting with Oak who had woken not long after she had. He knew. Of course he did, he was smart, analytical with a whimsy to him that had swept her off his feet. He gave her a look, concern and adoration that made her melt. She smiled at him and kept moving to leave the den. He was too kind.

When the form that followed her out of camp wasn't Oak but Sunny she felt her heart grow irate, not that she would show it or really blame the tom. He was genuine in his concern where she was dishonest. He was too good for someone like her.

"Are you okay?"

Sunny asked, his voice tentative all concern and hope.

"I'm pregnant"

".. are they mine?"

The worry in his voice made Marigold doubt herself and how sneaky she thought she had been. Maybe it was something that a mate felt deep in their gut when they had been betrayed, maybe Marigold had been seen with Oak. There were so many questions in her mind she simply turned to Sunny and promised,

"of course."

In the end Marigold had a single daughter, a tortoiseshell who had taken the features of both her parents. Bright orange just like her mother, with matching tabby stripes and cinnamon. Cinnamon just like Oak. As Sunny walked into the healer's den for the first time and laid his eyes upon his daughter he found that there wasn't a place for him in this den.

"Cinnamon."

Sunny stated, his understanding burning like rage and disappointment across his face. The healer had thought he was naming their tortoiseshell daughter and went on about how beautiful of a name that would be. But between Marigold and Sunny it was something completely different. Sunny was a bright cream coloured cat and there was none of him it that kit.

And cinnamon was the first promise she ever broke.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yellow. » Sat May 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Username: Yellow.
Name: Siren
Clan: Ridgeclan

Prompt:
“Ha told you I’d catch more than you!” The young tom called back, three fish lying next to where he stood, a grin covering his face.

“Maybe I just let you win Lucas!” The molly called back, a single fish lying next to her although she had to admit it was larger than his three fish even if she only had the one but she wasn’t going to point that out.

“Will you two stop your fighting, you both did a good job catching prey now we can eat and Frost will be happy with the both of you.” Another voice popped up.

“Yeah we both did good Frost will be proud.” Lucas the tom parroted as he walked by the molly, picking up his three fish on the way.

Rolling her eyes the molly grabbed her own and followed behind, “He started it.” She mumbled around the fish. But the older tom who had stopped them Abyss was right, Frost his mate would be pleased with the catch. She’d been craving fish as prey ever since she started showing, the first sign that she would have kits in the coming moon.

The memory faded into darkness as Siren rose from her sleep, smiling fondly at the thought of her challenges with Lucas and the small group's excitement on the idea of kits coming to join them. Just as quickly as the smile came though it faded away, for the cats she once knew now only lived in her memories. They were gone and there was nothing she could do to change that.

With her face set once more Siren moves from her temporary sleeping location, intent on setting out and finding new ground, anywhere to keep her moving. Moving away from her past and away from others, her promise to herself making her do just that. She’d never get close to another again, for every time she did they always ended up leaving and somehow it was always her fault.

——

The smell of blood was the first thing Siren noticed when the wind shifted, blood and the start of an infection both bad signs. Out of sheer curiosity, the molly followed the scent, knowing in the back of her mind that it wouldn’t be leading her anywhere good. But she’d become reckless in her travels. Using others when she had to and picking fights were she didn’t need to.

A mass of fur ended the trail or more accurately a tom that looked nothing more than a mass of fur, breathing labored and pelt stained with blood. His instincts were sharp though and she could tell the moment she laid eyes on him that he knew she was there.

“Come to finish the job?” He called out.

“No just drawn like the buzzards to a waiting meal.” She called back moving closer to the tom as she does, enough to where he can see her now and she, in turn, can see just how bad his injuries are. “Looks like whoever it did a good number on you though.”

His laugh at her words turns into coughing, the movement doing more damage although the tom seems no longer effect by it, probably too far gone to care. “Yeah, but you should see what they look like, much worse than me I’m sure.”
Sitting in front of the tom Siren took the chance to look him over, noticing the bleeding had mostly stopped other than what he opened from laughing and that the infection she smelt on the wind before didn’t seem to be coming from him. “Well if that’s the case maybe I should go looking for them, they probably need some help.”

“Eh I wouldn’t bother they’ll be gone or dead if they know what’s good for them.”

“Are you saying I should help you instead?” Siren asked, surprising herself and the tom it seemed.

“If you’re freely offering then sure. I’m Kestrelwing, the deputy of Ridgeclan.”

——

“You don’t get it Kestrelwing I’ve killed everyone that I stay around, they all end up dead!” Siren yelled back at the tom, tears welling up in her eyes. “I promised myself to keep away from others, to never get close to anyone again if I don’t kill them myself than something I’ve done causes them to die. Lucas, Abyss, Frost, even the kits died.”

Bumping his head into the molly’s just as the tears moved to flow Kestrelwing held his ground. “But you can’t keep living like this you’re going to end up killing yourself.”

Shaking her head the older molly takes a step back, “You don’t understand Kestrelwing I can’t lose anyone again. I can’t do it.”

“Everyone loses someone they care about but that doesn’t mean we stop caring about others. What would they think if they could see you now? You need to make a new promise to yourself. You need to keep living for them. It’s okay to keep living even though they didn’t.”

“How do I do that? Keep going with them gone?”

“That’s something you’ll have to figure out on your own. But I can promise you this, there’s a place for you in Ridgeclan if you want it. It’s not like what I do but I think it’ll work for you. You don’t even have to get close to anyone.”

Shaking the tears away Siren school her features back as she liked them. “Alright I’ll break my promise Kestrelwing, it better not come back to haunt me. I’ll join Ridgeclan.”
✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Did you forget me so soon?
The one who made you,
turned you into this monster?
How sad.

Though I guess it's to be expected,
you always liked to block things out.
If it didn't make sense in your mind,
you just forgot about it.

But maybe it's because I didn't,
make you into a monster that is.
You already were a monster,
weren't you?

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravendarus » Sat May 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Username: Ravendarus
Name: Emberfall
Clan: Echoclan

Prompt:
"The biggest promise I ever broke was to myself... I promised I would never love him again... so why does my heartache? He betrayed me and broke my heart, I lost it all because of him because he decided he didn't love me anymore. He loved her, that stupid she-cat, he turned his back on me and our family... once my son died I promised myself I would never love that cheating fox-dung ever again, I would never think about him or care for him. I hope he rots in the dark forest"

Yet she still loved him, she knew it deep down, she remembered all the memories she had with him, all the good times she shared with him, when they fell in love the first time. She remembered laughing, sleeping by the river, enjoying the sunlight cuddled against him. It wasn't something she was ready to let go of but she knew she had to, that was the past. She had no choice in the matter, she sighed sadly, "Forget him..." Softfeather said softly sitting down beside her gently, "You don't have to keep that promise, it's a foolish promise... I know your heart hurts." She said.

"It will take time but keeping the promise is like keeping him in your heart and to that is just clinging onto the past. You need to move on, you left your home, you clan and joined us remember?" Softfeather asked, "So as a fresh start ignore the broken promise like you never made it in the first place." Softfeather said softly. Emberfall looked up at her and slowly nodded her head, "Alright.... you are right... I need to let it go." She said looking down gently. "It will be hard, but if anyone can do it, it will be you." Softfeather purred and nuzzled her gently. Emberfall relaxed and nuzzled her back, "Thank you my friend... I really needed to hear that." She said softly.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me