Kalon Legendary MYO Giveaway (Closed, judging)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Kalon Legendary MYO Giveaway (End Date: 06.02.)

Postby Amplify » Mon May 06, 2019 5:23 am

Username: Amplify

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already?
I have a number of things in mind; perhaps too many if I’m being honest! I’m envisioning some type of mage or god (perhaps the god of magic and/or the night); with a black/white base and colored accents. Their legendary trait would most likely be gems (or possibly 2-3 sets of wings) that would glow (and maybe be star shaped).
Image + White (Possibly a touch of silver) (Maybe Blue to Yellow rather than Magenta to Yellow)
Image Long Hair (Braided Back/With Braids) (Maybe Medium Length Hair if Male) + Matching Tail (Unbraided)
Image Gem/color constellations if I do go with god of the night to some extent.

Who will be making the myo? Ideally I’d commission one of my favorite artists to do the design (some examples including Aey, High Noon, Hiraeth + Hound, and Sixbane), however I’d probably start working on the concept sooner than they’d be opening their commissions!

How do you usually develop your kalons? While I do not have any kalons currently, I’d definitely start with their personality. I’d look at the finished Kalon, and think about what things pop out at me and why (expression, the designs influence on said expression, the design itself, etc), and I’d determine whether their characteristics align entirely, a lot, a little, or perhaps even not at all. From there, I’d search through name lists searching for the ideal name (going based off both meaning and the look of the name; ie if I don’t think the name would fit them then I wouldn’t choose it). Then I’d work on a basic history (looking into what world they live in, what that means for them, etc), before finally delving into things such as likes, dislikes, hobbies, fears, secrets, etc.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: Honestly the moment I saw Nocturne I fell in love. I found him via a nursery batch he was a parent of, and everything about him just resonates with me! His entire concept is perfect: the black/white base with colored accents, the unique shape of the gems, his little blurb story of being the god of mischief, etc etc. I cannot help but adore him; and if you cannot already tell he’s definitely been a major inspiration to my own concept.

How many kalons do you own? Currently none; entered in a few competitions though and waiting on results!

Do you have a legendary kalon already? Nope.

What is something you like about the community? I love how welcoming the community is, even to those who do not own a Kalon yet! I can also appreciate the fact that everyone can just join in discussions whenever they want to and collectively fawn over all the beautiful kalons out there!

Anything else you'd like to add: Thank you so much for this opportunity! In addition, I’ve been looking through the other entries and there are just so many amazing kalon ideas; I look forward to seeing whoever wins and the Kalon that comes of it!
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kgoakg » Mon May 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Username: Strawpurri

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? Ok, so the main concept I decided on writing about is a spider themed Kalon! The design would probably be dark and spooky, but only because the Kalon themselves would be the complete opposite of that personality-wise.

Who will be making the MYO? Probably me, I don't have the best design skills but I want the design to be special to me, and I think the best way to do that is to make them myself.

How do you usually develop your Kalons? The last time that I owned a Kalon was way back when I was a staff member and I made a custom. I made a few friends on a Kalon Skype group chat, and one of my friends and I decided to have our Kalons become mates! Most of the development was through roleplaying. When I get a Kalon, I'll probably do the same. I know a lot has changed since I got here, with the insane amounts of OOC breedings and such, but I want my Kalons to have legitimate relationships with one another and have a chance to flesh out their characters instead of having them sit still and look pretty. Also, I would probably draw them a lot just because I like to draw things!

Tell me something about your favorite Kalon: Oh gosh... my favorite Kalon is probably the first one, Peachy Keen! I remember being super excited for the first Kalon to be released after watching all of the join.me’s of the creation of Kalons themselves. I first saw Kalon #1 when I was in school at lunch. I tried out for them, and even though I didn't win, it was a super fun experience and one I actually think back on a lot when I think about Kalons. It's also one of my favorite memories. This was my entry, and also my old account that I had deactivated when I left CS.

How many Kalons do you own? 0 at the moment!

Do you have a legendary Kalon already? Nope, still 0!

What is something you like about the community? I haven't interacted with the community for awhile, but I can say what I liked & what I hope to see now! First, how passionate everyone was to be apart of the community and their devotion. We talked with each other to the point where we became a family. Admittedly I miss the days when it was like that, as it got harder once it started growing and became super popular, but I'm glad I was able to be apart of that. And honestly, that's what I'm hoping to find again in this community, becoming friends around something we love.

Anything else you'd like to add:
Last edited by kgoakg on Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Uhh wip?
kgoakg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Mon May 06, 2019 3:30 pm

marking bc I don't have time to fill this out rn but I will next week!
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Mon May 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Username: DragonOfEmber

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I have an idea in mind for a goddess of some sort who is pale with purple and blue, and a lover of the stars! Not exactly sure what else I would like, though I think colour changing might be in the cards!
I would also consider doing gene splicing with a bird, and making the front legs wings! I absolutely love that sort of thing, and think it would be very interesting, since you don't see very many of those types of kalons around very much!
Maybe a dragon genesplice?

Here's a list of lower level edits i'd love to have though:
[Non-Rarity]:
Weight ((Skinny))
[Standard]:
Custom Shine
[Common]:
Hair Below Jawline
Custom Tail
Backmane
[Uncommon]:
Custom Ears
Custom Tongue
Pupil Edit - None
[Rare]:
Horns on Head
One Halo
Glow
Colourful Blood
Natural Mutation ((Small peet))
Possible Reverse Munchkin

As for the legendary trait, with so many to choose from, I just don't know!
I will probably stick with one of the following edits; Wings, Colour Changing, Gene Splicing
So many ideas ahhH!

So... i guess my answer is actually... I don't have a set concept yet ahah!

Who will be making the myo? I would like to try my hand at making one first, and then, should I need help later, go from there.
if possible, i'd love to commission tiqertoqer or hireath + hound

How do you usually develop your kalons? My kalons are usually developed together, and grow together.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon:
My favourite kalon that I own has to be Artemis. I made her myself, and I absolutely adore the way she looks honestly. She's Asexual, like myself, and was made to look a bit like my husky puppy Kirby!
Artemis is actually a bit of a look-alike of me, as I recently did my hair and it ended up a lot like hers! She and I have very similar personalities, and so it's really easy to develop her as a kalon!

How many kalons do you own?
from the last time I looked I have 7, though 2 are possibly being traded away <3

Do you have a legendary kalon already?
No, I do not <3

What is something you like about the community?
How kind and helpful everyone is!
I constantly have questions, and everyone has been so helpful and kind in answering them!

Thank you so much for the opportunity. I am unable to buy myo's myself, and so I really appreciate this opportunity to be able to gain one. Thank you for everything <3
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon May 06, 2019 9:52 pm

Username: SilhouetteStation

I've had a note in my phone for a long time about a legendary Kalon, which is essentially 'ornate Venetian painted goddess'.

Soft markings, like a painting. Designs and colors heavily inspired by this and this (I'm a very big fan of Monet's Water Lilies). Little bits of nature inspired markings too, like hints of leaves and petals. Also more darker green/teal markings.

Long hair and tail, possibly braids. Glowy eyes, maybe a halo. Plant growth across the body. Most likely lily pad/flowers, and some like these.

A very mythical, elegant aesthetic; beauty and grace, with a warm and friendly face.

Who will be making the myo?
I would most likely commission someone to make it for me. I'd make a lot of sketches and give all the detail I could, but ultimately I know there are many artists more talented than I am right now that could probably create my image better than I could

How do you usually develop your kalons?
I've found over the years that my character development technique stems from a simple 'step back and let the inspiration come on its own'. Taking moments to not think too hard, let the ideas come together on their own, and almost always they do. Like ripples in a pond, once an idea has sparked, many more seem to follow. I love thinking about their personalities, where they work, how they live, how all of it comes together to make them as a person. Honestly, I just really love developing characters, making them unique, bringing all of their information together. A lot of development happens outside of here, and I like to get it finalized before adding to their pages on here.

Honestly, I'm not even sure I could choose an absolute favorite, they're all like my kids, and I have a lot of love for all of them. For this though, I'll go with Juno, the first Kalon I ever won.

I'd seen his nursery batch, and was so happy when I saw he was going up for readoption. I was a little scared, obviously - first time entering for a Kalon, and I'd seen how talented everyone in the community was. I took the plunge though, and had a lot of fun coming up with a story for him.

I honestly couldn't believe that I'd won him. First time entering, first time winning? Couldn't believe it. And then to get complimented, that my writing was good, and they enjoyed reading it? Wow. That was such a good feeling.

I think that's why I love Juno so much. Not only was he my first, but he's got great warm-fuzzy feelings attached to him, and he was my first step into the community.

I currently own 20~

No I do not, but I'd love to own one. In the meantime, I'm certainly having fun coming up with ideas for them~

I love everyone's talent. Their passion for the species, their ideas, the characters they create. The art they make. The encouraging atmosphere. How people made me feel welcome. Just the real sense of the word 'community' that I feel here.

Honestly just a massive thank you for your generosity for doing a giveaway like this, it's super lovely of you, and lots of luck and early congratulations to whoever wins <3
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Wed May 29, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
.•° ✿ °•.

silhou • she/they/her • queer • infj • AoNZ
neurodivergent + mentally ill; might be slow to reply to trades/messages

feel free to chat with me about ofmd!

Image Image Image

character saleskalonsself love reminderssupport your local artist

Image Image Image Image

°•. ✿ .•°
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Tue May 07, 2019 2:04 am

Username:
sicknasty

i do! for a very long time i've been toying with the idea of a legendary kalon based on the land of light and rain from homestuck! (warning for flashing/flickering colours in the video!) the colours and the story behind the land in general strike me as a really interesting theme for a character.
it goes something like this: all the fish living in the oceans have been eaten by an enormous sea creature, which is now sleeping at the bottom of the ocean. the quest of the land is to bring back the fish by 'playing the rain' and bringing life back to the sea.
i love the combined themes of genetic manipulation, fish, sea monsters and the sunbeams, and i think they would work really well for a kal concept - a combination of the sea monster and the land it dwells in!

i would really like to at least have a go at designing them for myself; i'm not by any means a pro designer but i'd like to try my skills! i might have to ask another artist for help with the edits, though, as editing the kalon lines is beyond me.

How do you usually develop your kalons?
i'm not very good at drawing or writing about my kals for development purposes, as it generally turns into to much of a chore! because of this, i tend to do most of the development of my kals in my head. usually 90% of the time i'm staring into space i'm thinking about my kals - i like to come up with mini-episodes from their lives and how they'd interact with other kals, and then if i like what i come up with that will become part of their story!
i'm not very good at having a set plot for each of my kalons; i prefer to let their stories develop as i come up with ideas and to fill in gaps in their development as i go along.

all my kals are my favourite kalon, because i'm a big soppy baby, but i'd like to talk about my girl sasha pitch!! i was unexpectedly gifted her along with her son, and immediately fell in love with them both - it was the first time i'd been able to look at a kal and suddenly have an idea of what i wanted to do with them! because of sasha, i created my torsminde au, which is kind of a mashup of various fantasy worlds from books i love, and developing this setting and the kals who live there has been great fun - it's very much self-indulgent and mostly just for throwing together story ideas and characters that i like.

33! (34 technically but one is pending in a trade.)

nope!

i've been in the kalon community properly since october 2016, when i started posting on the fanclub and won my first kalon. since then, i've made so many good friends, had so much fun, and done so much - being in the community has given me a chance to interact with people i might never have met otherwise, and i've been inspired to try so many new things.
the atmosphere on the discord server, in particular, is always very friendly and welcoming, and i really enjoy being able to just chat with people, share art, and discuss kalon development and relationships!

thank you very much for the oppurtunity, ni! and good luck to the other contestants - i'm sure the myo will go to a good home!
Last edited by sicknasty on Thu May 30, 2019 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Error » Tue May 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Username: Error

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I’ve had several ideas in the past: an albino bat with bat wings, mushroom plant growth inspired by the shaggy mane mushroom, a monster merkal, and a smoke controlling ghost. Or something beastly like my boy Offal.

Who will be making the myo? I would design the MYO myself and figure out the concept I like best as I go along. ^^

How do you usually develop your kalons? I start by making them a post in my kalon storage (moodboard, human design, personality traits, likes/dislikes, and a ramble about their life), which is the only public thing I tend to post for them. After that I daydream about the character and keep this info to myself.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: My favorite kalon would be Aurous, he was a HM custom created by my favorite artist. Aurous inspired me the most, a lot of my other kalons branch off of his AU. I love working with him and I have not once stopped daydreaming about him since I've gotten him 2 years ago.

How many kalons do you own? 20

Do you have a legendary kalon already? Nope!

What is something you like about the community? The ability to share my art and talk to others about my characters. It's something I really love about this community is that I don't feel like an outcast and that I'm able to join in with just about any conversation without feeling like I'm intruding on anything. I enjoy seeing what others have come up with for their kalons and watching others be creative is such a great feeling for me.

Anything else you'd like to add: Thank you so much for this chance! <3
???
my Redbubble
Commissions Are Closed Indefinitely
Art Trades have a random chance of being accepted.
adult | they/them
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 am

Username: FluffyBirdie

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I don't have a solid idea for the design, but I do have a character idea I want to make real in a design. Basically, he'd be an ex god of worlds, who is currently being hunted by the deities because he gave humans a view of the stars. He'd live in a world until he's discovered, and would use the remnants of his powers to flee to another world, leaving behind broken connections, romances, families. He knows he's being selfish, but he wants to explore the world through a human's eyes. I want to link him to other characters/kalons I have, because I want to explore this concept of a parent or spouse leaving, and the impact it has on the person's viewpoints on love and loyalty. Maybe set up someone who wants to hunt him down for all the hurt he's caused, or another god who makes him realise just how hurtful betrayal is, on such a personal level as a mate or parent? And perhaps he hands himself in, and other chaos ensues. That'd be for later haha.

Who will be making the myo? I will be commissioning someone to make it for me!

How do you usually develop your kalons? I really love to link appearances into their story! How did they get these markings, did having horns impact them, does it represent anything? Are those markings tattoos, are they born with it, how has that influenced their life, if any? Things like that, although there's a problem of being unable to reuse an idea lol. I generally develop them in my mind, and in snippets. Like important events in their life or meetings with other characters. I'm not an artist, so I don't draw this out, and I rarely write for myself? idk since it would just be me reading it, why not keep it internal, I guess is my thought process.
I don't do this often enough, so it's not how I usually develop, but I really do like hcing! It helps figure out details, and having another mind really makes events in a character's life more creative and interesting haha.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: My favourite kalon is Aodhfin! He was my third kalon I believe, and my first legendary, and I was just overjoyed?? To have been so lucky as to get him. What I do love about him is his design! I generally prefer more complex designs, but I think its his simplicity that helped me develop him, in a strange way? Like there was no clutter to work around, no details I need to incorporate into the story, and I think it was this freedom I needed for a first legendary kalon. Now to the part of his appearance that stands out: the fire halo. I adore it so much, and I'm eternally in high noon's debt for agreeing to give him such a gorgeous halo. Halos are my favourite rare edit simply because it's so versatile, and gave the character a mystical aspect without any other effort required? So to have such a unique halo is a blessing aa

How many kalons do you own? 17

Do you have a legendary kalon already? Yep, my boy Adofin mentioned above~

What is something you like about the community? Everyone said this already, but I think that reinforces how great it is: the creativity people have, and the support people give one another. When I have time I read people's forms, and honestly everyone has such a cool take on the exact same design. And the chats in discord are so kind and funny, and it gives off a feeling of just a big group of friends joking and messing around with each other.

Anything else you'd like to add: Thank you so much for this chance! <3
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Sat May 11, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Wed May 08, 2019 10:51 am

Username: s-simplicity

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? indeed :> (you may post inspiration pictures, videos, music and palettes but do not post sketches of the kalon itself nor the edits. max 200 words/3 other.)
palette
Inspo
moodboard

"Voice with likeness to the clouds,
And quite same as sky,
Complete with heaps of sunshine
And wrapped up in a sigh.

Melodies that pluck the heart
And twist the soul,
described in a sweet art
To show where lovers
left their holes.

Crescendos that can move land
And rile up the sea
The beaches seem quite bland,
Until you hear her sing.

Oh, but it all be plated gold,
Her songs of will and strength and breath,
You'd never think to hold the notes
That hum out tainted death."

I was hoping to commission an artist, hopefully one that could bring my vision to life as closely as I imagine it, with luck it will be hiraeth + hound

How do you usually develop your kalons? (153 words)
When I develop kalons I take classic/basic concepts and add a unique twist so I stay connected to their character, for example ; an angel who sees everything, all sorts of layers of reality but likes to masquerade as a fortune teller who only speaks in rhyme to humor themselves another example a knight who was charged with the job to stand and keep watch over the gates of a palace , but as he grew older his body aged to the point where he was no longer able to keep his watch duties. Therefore he sought the help of mages, and they built him a glass body that would never age. His spirit was placed inside so he could forever watch the palace. Though, I do unconventionally develop my characters with odd personas I like to incorporate a regal and or elegant flair into their concept with either poetry, descriptive writing, or song.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: (it can be a memorable rp/hc moment, the reason you fell in love with their character, something about their story/design that is very important to you, or anything really. max 300 words)
My favorite kalon is x I love her because of her character she is the lady of a tea shop who brews teas from the souls of the lost. The type of tea depends completely on the type of soul (good/bad) so whenever I visualize the cozy teahouse with large sheer silks and shelves of jars filled with souls to be brewed, I get all nostalgic remembering the smells of the earl grey tea and long nights studying.

How many gallons do you own?
I own one kalon, Yuli.

No, I do not own any legendary kalons.

What is something you like about the community? (max 100 words)
I like the unity. The whole community is actually like that of a true community, unlike other adopts I have come across the people are genuinely friendly and professional. I like how when you need help and just ask, someone will help you with no problem or aggresion. <3

I was trying to find a veggie pun but I couldn’t cucumber up with one
*oh my that was bad hehehehe
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aey » Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Username: Aey

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I'd want this one to be fairly simple, with most of the complexity in the edits. A mostly light colored kal with pops of candy rainbow, especially for the hair and tails. The leg edit would be more than 2 tails.

Who will be making the myo? I'll make it myself

How do you usually develop your kalons? I usually attach new characters to to one of my stable, very developed "hub characters". The hubs are characters I use all the time, and are good to provoke thought about things like: How would the new character react to x y z? How would they grow? Feel? I also have a couple of RP friends I can bounce ideas off of.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: My favorite kalon is my Arden, and I put in him all of the things that I love, both design and character-wise. I love his colors, the spots, the stripes, the arrow and the feathers, the hair, ears, everything! He's kind and mysterious, a bit stern, and the town he lives in is a good starting hub for new characters. It's small and intimate, everyday rural with enough rumor and mystery to give things a bit of spice, just like Arden.

How many kalons do you own? 33

Do you have a legendary kalon already? Nope

What is something you like about the community? I really developed my artistic skills here, from back when I first found kalons, and I love how supportive folks have been. I've met a couple of good friends here and some amazing writers and artists. It seems like there's always something new to learn from someone else.

Anything else you'd like to add: It's mad generous of you to give something like this away, even as a comp. Thank you so much for the opportunity!
x
x

x
x
genderfluid / any pronouns
CLOSED for approvals
Imagemy kalons credits
ImageImageImage
Aey

My pets
My items
My wishlist