Kalon Legendary MYO Giveaway (Closed, judging)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Kalon Legendary MYO Giveaway (End Date: 06.02.)

Postby Werecat » Sun May 05, 2019 9:50 am

Username: .secretsocety.

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? ah not exactly? i mean i have vague ideas for a leg myo such as color schemes and what edits I want

Who will be making the myo? I will be making it! i tend to be very picky with what I want for a design and how things should look so I don't want to put anyone else through that.

How do you usually develop your kalons? honestly usually i HC and draw them a bunch when developing my kals by myself, although a good bit of the time I tend to HC w/ Fuiuki and bounce ideas off of them and they tend to give input as well.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: my favorite kalon is honestly probably my kal bec. From her colors to her edits and even her entire story and all her relationships she just,, clicks so well for me. sometimes i feel like I know her better then I know myself. She has the largest family out of all of my kalons, despite not being physically related to said family, most of which are owned by my good friend fuiuki so I get to use bec and develop her in a thought out world and its just something that I have my own troubles with

How many kalons do you own? 45 and more to come oops

Do you have a legendary kalon already? no I do not! although hopefully next month I will be trading for one!

What is something you like about the community? the people. honestly I love seeing everyone interact and sharing art and everything with eachother. most of the time it just gives me calm coffee house vibes and i love it so much.

Anything else you'd like to add: ah gl to everyone, and thankyou for giving everyone this chance <3

"Come again Needle Noggin?"

xxxxxxxxWerecat/Karkat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxit/its
xxxxxxxxxxxxWerewolf
xxxxxxxxxxxFui, Imp, VJ

xxxxxxReally only here to sketch
xxxxxN sell ocs I dont use anymore.

xxxxxxxCharacters UFT
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WiltedLovers » Sun May 05, 2019 10:47 am

Username:Sweet Dreams Always

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already?

Who will be making the myo?
As much as I enjoy the excitement and thrill of making kalons, I don't always have the best designs and I am more of a person who does dark designs and not lighter ones so I will not be making it. I enjoy Aeys kalons so much and I would honestly love to see them make a peacock kalon so I will hopefully have them make it since the general idea would fit so perfectly in their style. So that being said I would probably;y be commissioning them for the kalon if I win.

How do you usually develop your kalons?
I usually develop my kalons starting off on their personality, I feel as that is the key role into developing and so that's what I always start off with it. Then from there, I can decide the which way I want to go with the history to me, you can say if they are happy and cheerful you can explain why they are always happy and explain what makes them that way. Of course, this is just my key way of thinking of stuff. Now there are some times where I look for a song first then I can develop the kalon from there, because If you get a song that fits nicely with the kalon itself then you can determine its personality and make it on point as well as the history.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon:
I really love my boy Raven here. I had commissioned him late back around in December and he finally got done in April which I was super excited for. He is my first kalon made from a rare myo and he means the world to me. I have yet to fully comprehend his back story, however, I had got his personality down. I wanted more of a sour kalon that in the end has a heart once you get to know them and I believe my boy Raven had fit the part really good. He is supposed to be a Necromancer there might be a lot of kalons around like that, but his dark colors and shine give him the role. I had originally planned for him to be one as well so I am happy that he fits the role perfectly. <3 One of my favorite things about him has to be his shine and eyes, I had wanted him to have something to do with the undead to fit his role and qpple came up with the best idea and it fit along so perfectly for what I had planned, I was also gifted the extra eyes and I plan on writing a story on how he got those eyes and such for he wasn't "born' with them, and I love how that gives him a spooky vibe, which of course, is what I was wanting.

How many kalons do you own? I own a total of 6 kalons!!

Do you have a legendary kalon already? I do!! He has gems as his leg trait <3

What is something you like about the community? I really love how everyone in this community is open and always is there to listen. There are just so many nice people here it is unbelievable, I have a few of them I talk on the daily bases and I am not afraid to tell them everything. They are so sweet and trust worth<3 However everyone in this community makes me want to cry I wish I knew you all and I have no idea what I would do if I didn't have every single one of you'll with me.

Anything else you'd like to add: Yes, I know the chances of winning are slim so I wish everyone good luck and whoever wins I am honored that you won <3 I will be reading everyone's forums as well! So far from the ones I have read that the ideas are really good! Also thank you so much Ni for hosting this, your are a very sweet person. I hope you'll have good days/nights <3
Last edited by WiltedLovers on Thu May 30, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
║░░████
║░░████
~She- Her - Adult !!
~ Self-taught artist <3
~ Full time CNA

═════════════════════════════
Image████████████████░░░░██

‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

███
░░░
░░
██
▀▀
Kals - link 2
link 3 - link 4
link 5 - link 6
───────┘
WiltedLovers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby {Limecabob} » Sun May 05, 2019 10:58 am

Username: {Limecabob}

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I do have a few ideas in mind, but not a concept.

Who will be making the myo? I will most likely be making it myself. Although, with the ideas that I have in mind, I may not be the best at art to draw them. I may ask someone like hiraeth + hound to help me in drawing the details. I will have to commission them if I win.

How do you usually develop your kalons? I have never had one before, so this will be a new experience.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: My favourite Kalon is Guardian of Eden. The moment I saw the design and the tail, I fell in love with it. The creativity in the tail is what really stood out to me.

How many kalons do you own? I own zero kalons.

Do you have a legendary kalon already? I do not have any legendary kalons.

What is something you like about the community? I had just joined the community, but I really like the creativity and kindness everyone has!

Anything else you'd like to add: I just recently joined, and so I am trying my best to learn the basics of this community and hope to stay in it :D
{Limecabob}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Sun May 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Username: loki laufeyson.

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? i would make a kalon with the plant growth trait, as that is my favorite legendary trait. it would either be ferns or sunflowers for the plant. the kalon would most likely be a sorcerer and a bit secluded from society, only coming out when necessary. the color scheme would depend on what trait i gave the kalon.

or, i would maybe base it off of thor from the mcu or stephen strange.

Who will be making the myo? i would most likely make it myself, but if i had the chance to commission one of my favorite artists for it, i might do that instead.

How do you usually develop your kalons? i normally develop my kalons as they are being designed (which is why i prefer to design my own) because i can include things in their design to represent certain things in their life if i need to. i will also normally write down bulleted lists that have notes about the kalon and their personality/backstory. roleplaying and headcanoning really helps to convey my ideas best though.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: my favorite kalon is my own kalon, lucien. he was my first rare kalon and i love his personality and story that i've developed for him. i don't really have it written down for him, but he's a barista who loves his boyfriend more than anything in the world. he tends to his plants in his free time and has named all of them.

How many kalons do you own? nine, i believe

Do you have a legendary kalon already? nope

What is something you like about the community? i love how kind and accepting everyone is. whenever i'm upset, i can usually count on the community to help put me back in a good mood. everyone is just so friendly and helpful. i really enjoy talking with everyone. i've made close friends via this community and i'm so thankful for it.

Anything else you'd like to add: thank you so much for doing something like this <33 it's extremely kind of you to do this for everyone.
Last edited by black water on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missing✖ » Sun May 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Username: MissingX

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vzBdIejVY
- [url]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6b/19/04/6b1904003ae7e7fd7967db8b8b6f2d7c.jpg
[/url]
- https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1c/65/68/1c6568a53abfa3df6d42e15630add575.jpg
i don't have a pallet to choose from cause i design first than color and it help if i have something first than a select few colors.
keep it to a theme i have with most of my kals :}}
Who will be making the myo? Me, it make me love it more if i do it myself

How do you usually develop your kalons? rp or ill talk to myself to give them a backstory that fits the character i invesion for them.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: It be a RP i had with Discret, they told/show all there kals and we got to rp/ shipping one of them with one of mines. it was a winged kal and very simple and i love it quite much . simple is always a good thing in most cases.!

How many kalons do you own? 11

Do you have a legendary kalon already? i do, it was gifted to me by discret

What is something you like about the community? would have to be the chill out grove we have in the community and its very easy to chat on the discord.
Anything else you'd like to add:

xxxxxx━━━━━┓

MissingX /She-her/
Asexual/Unknown/

Dragon cave

┗━━━━━xxxxxx
ImageImage
Missing✖

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunaire » Sun May 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Username: lunaire

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? (you may post inspiration pictures, videos, music and palettes but do not post sketches of the kalon itself nor the edits. max 200 words/3 other.) 🍑🍑🍑

Who will be making the myo? i'd need to commission someone to do it, since my art skills are pretty bad. it'd be an absolute dream if _silentsiren_ made it, but i also would love for aey, mercury., or schnuffle bunny to make it.

How do you usually develop your kalons? i like first writing their personality, then usually creating a playlist. and right now, i'm working on getting some short-ish stories done for my kals <3 i'm open to rp n all that but i haven't gotten to that yet with my current kals. i'm not too big on rp/hc but i love writing about things for my kals, like describing where they live or something like that. i need to get that up on their pages though (:

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: i recently got a new kit from an ooc breeding, and i love them! as soon as i saw them i knew exactly what i wanted them to be. after discussing possible names on the kalon discord, i chose ingrid river moore. they're an agender, arsty babe that's in love with nature and animals. they like making "nature canvases", which are basically paintings but with things from nature (plants, bark, dirt, etc.) instead of paint. they also make neon signs! i really like what i have for ingrid so far, and i'm loving the way i picture her house in the forest <3

How many kalons do you own? 3!
    just got a new kit from a breeding (:

Do you have a legendary kalon already? nope.

What is something you like about the community? everyone in this community is so kind and sweet! i feel very welcome and accepted and i absolutely love that. and all the art here is so pretty!! creativy

Anything else you'd like to add: thank you so much for this opportunity! i've always wanted a legendary kalon and now i have a chance at getting an myo, thanks to you. i had a lot of fun actually writing out the ideas for a leg. myo instead of keeping all the ideas in my head, like i did before. you're so generous to be doing this <3 the forms here are all so good, and i know that if i don't win the myo, it'll still go to a good home c:

Last edited by lunaire on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lunaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mima » Sun May 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Username: Mima

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? Right now my craving would be one with Plant Growth! While not based directly on the cover character Yuuka, I'd like her to be based on various aspects of BUTAOTOME's album Kaen Ranzen. Namely, this song and artist would be the influences:

Kuuge & Lyrics - My literal favorite song. Lines like "You cut off my limbs, extolling it as ‘arrangement.’" are just so flavorful, hence the idea for a plant growth Kalon. "Kuuge" refers to the practice of offering flowers on graves- fitting for a song about accepting death. Needless to say, my idea for a Plant Growth Kalon would not be quite the traditional spirit of the forest or anything. Most of my work is inherently about criticizing a character for their flaws- in this case, I'd say it would be resentment at being seen as something she isn't.

Takatora/Yayuyo's art - Because I don't usually draw my own Kalons, or if I do it's very simple sketches, I love absurdly detailed designs that are nearly impossible to replicate. That's part of the fun, it makes them unique! And Takatora's art embodies that. She draws so many delicate little flowers on things, and every tiny strand of hair, too. Artistically I think it's important to give Legendaries some flair, and detail does that for me. In my mind there's a clear difference between being over-designed and intricate which she walks very well. As opposed to loading up on a crazy silhouette with a lot of things going on, the silhouette is simple with a lot of details inside of it- if that makes sense. That's something I'd like to see in this design.

Who will be making the myo? I intend to commission someone, because as I've said, I'm much more of a writer than an artist.

~

How do you usually develop your kalons? Depends! Some Kalons I tend to give human forms and use in roleplays or D&D things, stuff like that! For example, you can see a roleplay profile for Parhelia over here, and in addition I'm currently playing this gijinka form as an Aasimar in a Pathfinder game and as a trainer in a Pokemon RP. (I have very scattered tastes!) Yuriko, Seraph, Asherah, Vivi and Entropy are all based on or the basis for tabletop rpg characters of their own, too.

Other Kalons I just like to write stories of together, like Haru's original bio and my app for Yozakura. Same applies to Alstroemeria and Wisteria, like here. These are usually the ones I think of more as down to earth than high-fantasy like Parhelia. Though I have written some things for Kalon-Parhelia and Nameless, too!

I also draw them sometimes, but I'm pretty insecure about my art so I don't post it a lot. I buy some commissions when I have the money though! Whenever I put a lot of work into a character, I love to get little commemorations of that character from other people, and I can use them proudly.

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: I love a lot of my Kalons equally, but I think Parhelia, my existing MYO, is definitely my favorite. It's probably related to the fact she's a character I got to build from the ground up. Right now I'm roleplaying her on several things as mentioned above, but chiefly as a human on a Pokemon roleplay I've been a member of since 2009! Her first thread has been her acting as the temporary Pokemon professor substitute and helping out a new trainer. She's grown a lot since I conceived of her as "like, a kinda-yukari myo?" and I think that's really important.

I never really thought when I was having her designed that she'd end up so much fun to play. Sure, she had a lot of traits I really like stuffed into her, with all the aloof character of your typical angels and super powerful folks. But playing up her arrogance and power hunger in the roleplays where it's been acceptable has been super fun. Especially in the ones where I play her human incarnation, Ophelia- who is very much so mortal, but still treats herself as an angel like Parhelia is. I also get an excuse to use her kids in those, though I sometimes go back and forth about Aphe and Peri being her kids or grandkids.

In the future, I look forward to fleshing her out even more in each of the many universes she's a part of! She just picked up creating magical items in Pathfinder, so we'll see how that reflects on her character.

~

How many kalons do you own? I own 28.

Do you have a legendary kalon already? No I do not!

What is something you like about the community? I think the best thing about the Kalon community is how active it is! If you ever want or need anything, you'll be getting tons of responses in minutes, and it seems like there's always something to do and someone to talk to. Sure, it's not the tightest knit group, but it's also good to have a lot of different voices and styles in a community like this. And I think that part about it is what's so welcoming to newcomers, too. It's easy to pick up and just go from there!

Anything else you'd like to add: Thank you so much for this competition! It's very rarely Legendaries get adopted out it seems, and MYOs even less so. Competitions like this are great to allow people to create their very own "perfect" Kalon.
Last edited by Mima on Tue May 28, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RosslynRouge » Mon May 06, 2019 12:31 am

Username: RosslynRouge

Nothing too tangible at the moment, but my general concept would be primarily white with gold accents and a bit of black/blue; design-wise, fairly inspired by ornate 18th/19th Century France and classical music, with mild angelic themes; a lot like palais garnier etc.
Musical aesthetic would be the piano and harpsichord.
I would definitely love him to have wings as the legendary trait.

A little on his character:
He's well-intentioned, but also far too lively. He's almost incapable of being serious, and swings unpredictably between flippancy and recalcitrancy. Although he thinks he's a suave rebel, the truth is that he's against the abuse of power rather than its presence altogether; and, after quite some time spent near the bottom of the social ladder, his distaste for the entitled is certainly merited.
He may be incredibly talented musically, but his demeanor makes it difficult to see him as more than a flippant dilettante. It is only once he begins playing that his true abilities are recognised by the more serious around him.

I would commission someone, as I'm not really an artist. I do love the designs I've seen by hiraeth + hound, sixbane, and Aey!

I start with the basics of personality and general interests, activities, etc. In general, I tend to find one character that the adopt reminds me of, and change them from there to make them their own individual; this allows me to "bring them to life" more than starting from scratch. Although, in the end, they often end up rather far removed from the original inspiration.
After I feel like I know the character pretty well, I move onto a storyline for them; many are independent, but, when I have many characters, I often begin to combine their stories so that they're in the same "universe". Basically, each one inspires a new alternate universe for me, depending just on who they are, and how their design inspires me to write them.
Imagining the worlds that each character lives in takes some time, and I don't always put it all on paper, but it's all worht it to be able to explore each concept and time period.

I only have one at the moment, but my kal Varuna is still very special to me. He's the first kalon I've ever developed, but researching all of the mythology to try and bring together the story was very enjoyable.
I love working history and legends into my characters, and finding out about these myths that I never knew of was part of what made me want to continue developing him; I can make my own narratives, all while discovering foreign histories and beliefs.

How many kalons do you own?
Two - the second is currently being created.

Do you have a legendary kalon already?
Nope.

What is something you like about the community?
Everyone puts so much time and effort into their entries, yet I've never seen a single person being anything but happy for the winners, even if that doesn't include them! It's a very positive environment, where more emphasis is put on being supportive or others and appreciating every person's creativity rather than simply winning the kalon. Many users even read the other entries, and give their own compliments to those who are lucky enough to win. I love that it's such a calm, positive place, where even new entrants can feel welcome.

Thank you so much for this chance. I've looked at some of the design concepts other people have posted, and they'd all be amazing to see as kalons; good luck everyone!
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Sun May 26, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image
rosslyn | he/they
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 am

Username:Inkdragon

Do you have a concept for a legendary design already? I am hoping to get Gene Splicing or transparency! Might get gene splicing for something like a turtle or chipmunk? Most likely to get a transparency edit though! I wanna make a ghost kinda kalon!

Who will be making the myo?It will be a Commission!

How do you usually develop your kalons? I prefer to develop them with others but I might just make a whole world and story dedicated to them! Maybe something around them haunting a house where one of my kalons meet them!

Tell me something about your favorite kalon: I'd have to say it was getting my first nursery batch! I felt extremely happy to own my first baby and now knowing she might have a family of her own soon makes me extremely happy!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3528732&p=111180530#p111301273

How many kalons do you own? I'd have to say 17 kalons.

Do you have a legendary kalon already? Nope!

What is something you like about the community? This community can honestly is very interactive! I enjoy sharing art and developing kalons with others.

Anything else you'd like to add:Thank you for the opportunity and good luck to others!
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Mon May 06, 2019 5:08 am

Username:
Catskitten
theres an artist entry im eyeing though if i change my mind im very into rainbow designs :)

ill most likely either commission someone or claim an artist entry
(though ive been uping my skills in myo making i cant make legend edits yet)

i develop them by focusing on world i have and building characters through writing.
the world i have is a fantasy realm accessed through mirrors and the others just earth
one of my favorite pastimes is writing culture, biology and personality of every individual person and kingdom
(i spend a lot of time in my deviantart stash)

character wise ive enjoyed working on Forager and in general i love his bunny design
hes a circus knife thrower who has a blind pet mouse named Piper
i won him through a readopt and ive used him through out most events to build his character (hes probably my most developed by writing)

How many kalons do you own?
33 which means im going too deep lol

Do you have a legendary kalon already?
i do not have a legendary kalon i hope to roll lucky in a raffle someday:)

What is something you like about the community?
theres so many well made characters and gorgeous designs here
my favorite thing is just being on the sidelines watching everything happen XD

its very kind of you to give everyone a chance at a legendary thank you so much for having this...have a good day ya awesome person:)
(i really look forward to seeing anyone being super happy about winning their dreamie kalon its gonna be lovely)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups