Pet & Item Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Postby Keir; » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:30 pm

blazesong wrote:
albino polar bear wrote:Okay so, I don't know if this is the right board for this but...

I was going to trade with someone and I noticed we had the same dog. These guys look identical and they're both 2nd gen. They have two different dates though. One is 1008-11 and the other is 1009-8. I checked through the archive. I can't seem to find them.
Can you please tell me where to look.

Here's the trade with their weird dates.
trades/viewtrade.php?id=80327325&userid=779487&signature=UTOnBi5c_F51_efU9Hd1Rg

back in the early days some pets (i belive it was mostley 2ed gens and sitting cats) could be adopted for a few months
    Just adding on to this, those pets are called "Extended Releases" and there's a guide to them here! They're in the archive under the month they were first released, so your dog is under August 2008, but it was up for adoption for an entire year (August '08 until August '09), so you'll see a wide range of adoption dates on them ^^
    ( Another note; Extended Releases are usually valued around the same as the latest date they were available for adoption, so this pet would be valued as an August '09 rare even though some were adopted back in 2008. )
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Postby beemo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:45 pm

this little guy here is listed as a dwarf hamster in the archives

due to his size, i would think he's actually a pps syrian hamster? the pps dwarf hamsters look the same but are slightly smaller, according to all others in the archive.

examples:
pps dwarf hamster

pps syrian hamster
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:56 pm

^ That's correct, he's a Syrian Hamster.
I have fixed this now.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:53 am

The green dragon arm hair
cannot be found under holidays> Chinese new year, while other parts from the same set (as well as all the other colors) can be. It can only be searched by looking through "all items".
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverCervine » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:43 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:The green dragon arm hair
cannot be found under holidays> Chinese new year, while other parts from the same set (as well as all the other colors) can be. It can only be searched by looking through "all items".

it also shows up under "body, markings & hair" > "beards, body & facial hair"
SilverCervine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:50 am

I wasn't sure if this is noteworthy or if it's supposed to go here in this thread (since WLs and Archives sorta intertwine),
but just something that I noticed:

On page 4 of my personal wishlist, it's all 2009 pets except a rare 2012 PPS pup:

Since wishlists seem to be chronological by growth date of said pets, I thought it might need to be fixed/altered in the archives potentially. It doesn't bother me too much, but I thought if a lot of people have said pup in their WL and then go back and try to find it, it could be very frustrating/confusing for some.

If it's not something that needs to be fixed, I'm still curious why it's placed that way. ^-^
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

ImageImage

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 pm

Magen wrote:I wasn't sure if this is noteworthy or if it's supposed to go here in this thread (since WLs and Archives sorta intertwine),
but just something that I noticed:

On page 4 of my personal wishlist, it's all 2009 pets except a rare 2012 PPS pup:

Since wishlists seem to be chronological by growth date of said pets, I thought it might need to be fixed/altered in the archives potentially. It doesn't bother me too much, but I thought if a lot of people have said pup in their WL and then go back and try to find it, it could be very frustrating/confusing for some.

If it's not something that needs to be fixed, I'm still curious why it's placed that way. ^-^

The explanation behind this is that this litter was actually made and added all the way back in 2009^^
    Sometimes pet litters don't get released for a very long time, but they're already in our site's database. Then, when they finally do get released, they will be sorted in with the other litters submitted at the time, rather than their actual release date.
    You can see this with some other litters as well. For example, the metal plated butterfly wolves from February this year are actually found in the 2011 section of our wishlists. That's because they were made in 2011, but ended up not being released at the time.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icescape » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Oh, I just figured out this exists. I've been wanting to point out some things.

Why are all Nick Chickens (except the one from this Easter) just under Chicken? Or I guess I should be asking why the new one is suddenly under Nick Chickens? I don't understand why they were suddenly separated but the old ones not added under that. I think there should be some consistency whichever way it were to be fixed.

This dog (January 2011) has it's age typed out as this "2011-01-12" instead of by day.

Edit: Another consistency thing I noticed is that some years just have "Valentine's" (2009-2012) while other years have "Valentine's Day" (2013-2019). St. Patrick's Day has always be typed out while April Fool's has always been shorted like that. I just find it a little odd that it's like that.
Last edited by Icescape on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Away from the site right now. Just logging in occasionally to check for messages.

Avatar art by Sixbane here on CS
Gif art by ticketmastr on DA
Tiny pixel art by Niluna here on CS
Characters belong to me

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Icescape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Icescape wrote:Image
This dog (January 2011) has it's age typed out as this "2011-01-12" instead of by day.

Certain pets like this one grew on a specific day, like to mark a special occasion or a birthday. In cases like that, they list the day it grew as a date, and not just "Day X."

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RED-Legacy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Hello,
I was going through the CS Wiki, on the PPS pets. I noticed that the UR Bee is now listed as a PPS pet for 2013 and counted under the total for Butterfly Wolves. Also the classification for the bee is Butterfly Wolf in the archives. Shouldn't the bee be listed as (Other Species)? Which would not make it a PPS outcome.

Also, under the 2015 PPS tab, it shows that there is 1 lion PPS for 2015, but the picture for the PPS Lion store pet is not showing.

Thank you, RED
RED-Legacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me