Re: Rise | #1627

Postby ataraxic_gone » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:21 am

Username: dewly_noted
    Cat Name: WindPaw

Clan: BeachClan

Prompt:
    When WindPaw closes his eyes he can taste what ReefClan must be like.
    The gentle waves, all encompassing, like a blanket to the senses and mind. The endless depths and uncharted horizons. The gentle patterns the sunlight makes as it hits the surface of the ocean and splinters into a million pieces, casting a gentle glow upon every living thing.
    Then there is the colours! Oh the colours, the reds, yellow and soft pastel purples. Hundreds of colours that you never see on dry land in the plants that litter the deeper waters. The fish that do not fear you and the great giants of the deep who turn their gaze upon each and every worthy cat and give the simplest smile of appreciation.
    He hopes so desperately that he will live to be great enough that when he meets one of the giants of the deep they will give him that smile, that gentle loving smile that let's him know he wasn't just great- he was exceptional.
    He's heard from MantaPaw and MackerelReef that the dead of ReefClan are watery, with a faint glow that shines delicately in the ocean. On their shoulders lie bouquets of flowers, the flowers they died with, a memory of all those who loved them always there. That's what he loves the most, he promises he will never miss a chance to give out a flower at a funeral.
    The other thing he's heard from MantaPaw is the Pool of threes, the connection between ReefClan, StarClan and SpiritClan. MantaPaw never tells him as much as he wants to hear so he's had to use his imagination. He imagines that the Pool of threes is a deep dip into the ocean floor, hundreds of stones jutting out of a sandy floor, coral decorating any and everything. A council of elderly spirits from all their ancestors watching the pool, as a gentle beam of light shines upwards eternally into the stars. He imagines looking into the pool of threes and seeing his life flash by, all the could haves and maybes that never where but also somewhere else; happened to be. He imagines what it tastes like; herbs and honey, sweet yet bitter. He hopes that the Pool Of Threes isn't reserved for leaders and the spiritually inclined, he doesn't think he'd get to see it if it was the case.
    WindPaw often wonders about what they do to spend the rest of their life. It would get boring after a while!
    He imagines games played racing in the ocean currents, jetting through the ocean, feeling the water bristle through your whiskers! Playing tag with dolphins, swimming amongst the huge schools of tuna. Imagine that! Just one cat amongst a sea of huge fish, living in peace with them. Oh how he hopes ReefClan will let him do that.
    You can always tell when WindPaw is thinking about their afterlife and everything he hopes it will be. He gets a faint smile and tilts his head as he looks into the ocean. Oh what a merry life it will be. There is only one thing he hopes for, one thing he prays for- one small thing.

That his family and friends be there with him. [539/800]

ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 am

Username: PrincessAlexis
Cat Name: Bravestrike

Clan: Cloudclan

Prompt:
Bravestrike didn't manage to find his way into the deputy position for no reason. He was a skilled and honorable Warrior and his great potential was frequently demonstrated so that others were in awe of his power... he was very nearly named Bravetooth for his signature move of biting more than simple scratching.

Bravestrike's view of the afterlife is something rather personal, which he doesn't speak of with just anybody. He believes that in Starclan because there is no hunger, no thirst, no struggle, likewise there will be no war.

He imagines looking into the eyes of his fallen enemies with compassion and asking their forgiveness even as others turn to him for the same. He imagines embracing his brothers and sisters and feeling the love and acceptance as they delight together in the new and perfect kingdom, which is more than enough for all.

Extra: (+1 art piece)

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Username: liightning
    Cat Name: Littlemouse

Clan: DeltaClan

Prompt:

The world looked interesting from a different angle.

That is, from the ground.

The little she-cat's chest heaved as she fought for breath. Darkness pressed at the edges of her vision as she struggled to stay conscious. Her head rested gently on the moss, the brittle grasses of the nest curling around her frail body, nestling in her once-soft fur. Her river-blue eyes flitted from face to face, taking in the cats watching over her, taking in the world for the last time. Despite the situation, she felt calm. Murmurs touched her ears, soft as feathers, as her beloved Clanmates gathered around.

The bitter marsh-frost wind swept in, howling fiercely, stabbing her with numbing cold. She couldn't even shiver; it seemed her body didn't have the energy to do so.

"Mother," came the whimper from one of the cats.

Slowly she turned her gaze to the cat who had spoken, her heart tugging painfully as she did. Her precious daughter, her only daughter... she had dedicated her life to her, raising her the best she could despite not having a father by her side. He had left while she was expecting; she had never known a father, and never would.

“I’m sorry, love,” she breathed. Her blue eyes took in her daughter’s beautiful face. Was this the last face she will ever see? “It is my time. I am ready.” A gentle smile curled across her muzzle.

Her daughter was silent, watching her with wide blue eyes brimming with tears. Finally she pressed her muzzle into Littlemouse’s scruff, voice muffled as she replied, “I love you.”

Littlemouse felt a burst of pride; this was the daughter she had raised. She had taught her to be accepting of fate and welcoming of destiny, and now would be the best time to do so.

A sigh left her body, almost relieved. It was like falling asleep, sinking slowly into soft, feathery darkness that was calling for her. With her last breath she sent a final word to her loved ones - “Goodbye.”

She closed her eyes and let the darkness take her.

Sweet birdsong touched her ears, pulling her back to reality. Littlemouse blinked, rising to her paws in a new world. Renewed energy coursed through her veins. She bounced on her paws, feeling like an excited kit once again; it had been moons since she’d felt such energy, and she’d long forgotten what it felt like.

She tilted her muzzle up to the sky. It was a beautiful pale blue streaked with wispy white clouds. The golden sunlight warmed her back and the breeze whistled through the waving reeds, stirring her fur slightly.

She felt it in her bones - this was a new chance, a new opportunity that she never had in life. She’d taken things too seriously, been dragged down by her heartless mate and her responsibility to her daughter. She hadn’t lived life to the fullest.

She’d thought it was too late. In a way, it wasn’t. Here was the afterlife, a lavish land that was calling to her, offering challenges that she so badly wanted to tackle.

And she wouldn’t be afraid to take them this time.

She hesitated, heart heavy for a moment; she’d left her Clan behind, her beloved daughter. She knew she could visit them and guide their paws, their destiny. They would be grieving for her, and here she was, living a new life without them.

However, there would be time for that. She would visit them during her vigil and let her daughter know she was not alone anymore, not even with her gone. She would never be alone, not with Littlemouse watching over her. And when her time came, mother and daughter would be once again reunited.

Now was her time. Now was her chance.

She stepped forward and began her new life.
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:08 pm

dewly_noted wrote:
    Username: dewly_noted
    Cat Name: WindPaw

Clan: BeachClan

Prompt:
    When WindPaw closes his eyes he can taste what ReefClan must be like.
    The gentle waves, all encompassing, like a blanket to the senses and mind. The endless depths and uncharted horizons. The gentle patterns the sunlight makes as it hits the surface of the ocean and splinters into a million pieces, casting a gentle glow upon every living thing.
    Then there is the colours! Oh the colours, the reds, yellow and soft pastel purples. Hundreds of colours that you never see on dry land in the plants that litter the deeper waters. The fish that do not fear you and the great giants of the deep who turn their gaze upon each and every worthy cat and give the simplest smile of appreciation.
    He hopes so desperately that he will live to be great enough that when he meets one of the giants of the deep they will give him that smile, that gentle loving smile that let's him know he wasn't just great- he was exceptional.
    He's heard from MantaPaw and MackerelReef that the dead of ReefClan are watery, with a faint glow that shines delicately in the ocean. On their shoulders lie bouquets of flowers, the flowers they died with, a memory of all those who loved them always there. That's what he loves the most, he promises he will never miss a chance to give out a flower at a funeral.
    The other thing he's heard from MantaPaw is the Pool of threes, the connection between ReefClan, StarClan and SpiritClan. MantaPaw never tells him as much as he wants to hear so he's had to use his imagination. He imagines that the Pool of threes is a deep dip into the ocean floor, hundreds of stones jutting out of a sandy floor, coral decorating any and everything. A council of elderly spirits from all their ancestors watching the pool, as a gentle beam of light shines upwards eternally into the stars. He imagines looking into the pool of threes and seeing his life flash by, all the could haves and maybes that never where but also somewhere else; happened to be. He imagines what it tastes like; herbs and honey, sweet yet bitter. He hopes that the Pool Of Threes isn't reserved for leaders and the spiritually inclined, he doesn't think he'd get to see it if it was the case.
    WindPaw often wonders about what they do to spend the rest of their life. It would get boring after a while!
    He imagines games played racing in the ocean currents, jetting through the ocean, feeling the water bristle through your whiskers! Playing tag with dolphins, swimming amongst the huge schools of tuna. Imagine that! Just one cat amongst a sea of huge fish, living in peace with them. Oh how he hopes ReefClan will let him do that.
    You can always tell when WindPaw is thinking about their afterlife and everything he hopes it will be. He gets a faint smile and tilts his head as he looks into the ocean. Oh what a merry life it will be. There is only one thing he hopes for, one thing he prays for- one small thing.

That his family and friends be there with him. [539/800]

congrats!! the art was beautiful and really pulled the form together, i loved the description in the writing too. thank you everyone for entering!!

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goner. » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Congrats!
( 𝒾'𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 )─────
[ ♫ black lives ♪ ]
──────────
[ ♪ MATTER ♫ ]
──────────────────────( 𝑒𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑔 )
[ she/they | bi | scorpio | i love to draw and i play video games like wayyyy too much ]
Goner.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed May 01, 2019 1:12 am

!!My precious bean! Thank-you!!
ataraxic_gone