Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm

azazel. wrote:real excited for the new chickenpaint update! ive been waiting for some of this stuff for quite a while
best part of all this is that I still cant use it with pen pressure

I posted a little while back that my old run down miserable tablet couldn't use pen pressure on the oekaki. I accepted the fact that it probably wouldn't ever work again and went out and got a nice new to me Wacom bamboo fun tablet from ebay. Works great, pressure works it does everything I want it to do. I can even use pressure in chibi paint ONLY when i'm using internet explorer (since I have jtablet and it uses java). but not chicken paint, which really sucks. I have all of the latest drivers, etc. I'm really at a loss here and it just makes me so sad that I can't figure out what the problem is.

Is this problem still happening with the new chicken paint V2?
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azazel. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:
azazel. wrote:real excited for the new chickenpaint update! ive been waiting for some of this stuff for quite a while
best part of all this is that I still cant use it with pen pressure

I posted a little while back that my old run down miserable tablet couldn't use pen pressure on the oekaki. I accepted the fact that it probably wouldn't ever work again and went out and got a nice new to me Wacom bamboo fun tablet from ebay. Works great, pressure works it does everything I want it to do. I can even use pressure in chibi paint ONLY when i'm using internet explorer (since I have jtablet and it uses java). but not chicken paint, which really sucks. I have all of the latest drivers, etc. I'm really at a loss here and it just makes me so sad that I can't figure out what the problem is.

Is this problem still happening with the new chicken paint V2?

unfortunately it is :c no pressure at all whatsoever
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Hmm, can you try another browser, like fire fox? Or opera?
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azazel. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Hmm, can you try another browser, like fire fox? Or opera?

I tried fire fox real fast and no pressure there either. I really don't think its a browser problem but maybe a problem with my tablet? maybe its not compatible for some reason?? i'm not quite sure what the problem would be though.
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am

I've been having an issue where the brush size stays at "2". Changing it doesn't actually change the brush size at all and the pencil tool doesn't work at all. I use my tablet in photoshop without this problem. I've tried different things, but it was a while back last time I tried fixing it.I have been using firefox with it.

It looks like the above person is having the same issue as I am.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:42 pm

I'm using chickenspint 2.0 on a laptop with no tablet - the gradient colorpicker isn't letting me change the color of either side! I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, though. I don't think this belongs in the new feature thread, but if it does, just let me know!
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 am

I think this might be worthy of adding to the first page: I've solved my issue of no pen pressure in chrome; I had to enable windows ink in my wacom tablet settings! Instantly made my pen pressure work for chickenpaint!
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azazel. » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Calix wrote:
I think this might be worthy of adding to the first page: I've solved my issue of no pen pressure in chrome; I had to enable windows ink in my wacom tablet settings! Instantly made my pen pressure work for chickenpaint!

its amazing that this was literally all i had to do to fix this oh my god thank you.

i do have a big problem with having windows ink on though and i wasnt sure if anyone could help me with that
i cant right click, use the scroll bar, select text, or see my brush in oekaki when im drawing, which makes drawing difficult
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:34 am

azazel. wrote:
Calix wrote:

its amazing that this was literally all i had to do to fix this oh my god thank you.

i do have a big problem with having windows ink on though and i wasnt sure if anyone could help me with that
i cant right click, use the scroll bar, select text, or see my brush in oekaki when im drawing, which makes drawing difficult

I'm so glad that helped! I've actually had the same issues, but I've been rolling with it because pen pressure ;__;

If it helps, I'd recommend setting a hotkey on your tablet to the move canvas tool, and set either your scroll wheel/bar or two keys to zoom in and out. This stuff helped so I can actually draw normally, somewhat!
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - Alice - » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:39 am

Omg thank you your a star
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx