Based on Click to view
Artist PeanutButterRum [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1623

Postby PeanutButterRum » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To claim you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. Please be sure you have room in your clan before applying for this cat.

This cat may not be traded until: date
There is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
For a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. The original owner must post in the archive.

What was this cats first big task as an apprentice? How did they feel and how did they do?
Max of like, 500 or so words, basically don't kill me with a wall of text
End Date: 4/10/19 6 pm MT

Code: Select all
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Cat Name;;[/b]
[b]Gender;;[/b]
[b]Age;;[/b]
[b]Clan;;[/b]
[b]Rank;;[/b]

[b]Prompt;;[/b]

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan:

Description: Grey tabby with high white and blue eyes

Other Features: None
Siblings: None Living

---------------------------------------- SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SDD: Foundation

---------------------------------------- DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DDD: Foundation
PeanutButterRum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1623

Postby Trickz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Username;; Thunder.Collects
Cat Name;; Hawkwhisker
Gender;; Male
Age;; 15 Moons
Clan;; Grabbing link when I get home
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;; (180 Words)

Hawkwhisker's first big task as an apprentice wasn't hunting or fighting, or even coming to terms with the fact he had to help clean dens sometimes, but instead it was helping his friend, Daypaw, cope to the change of setting.
Daypaw was abandoned by her humans and found by CreekClan who took her in, but she was having a severe bout of depression and was too scared to open up to anyone. Hawkpaw understood that feeling and tried his best to be there for Daypaw.
He welcomed her to the clan, accepted her as a future warrior despite being a former kittypet who liked being a kittypet, and allowed her to sleep near him in the apprentice's den.
The two learned from each other, Dayflower learning to be a good warrior and accepted her past. She became an amazing hunter, a respected warrior of CreekClan, and has a large crush on Hawkwhisker. Hawkwhisker learned to open up to others, he became bold and proud of his and other's achievements, and he developed a feeling of love and protection for Dayflower.

*Dayflower is currently a concept that needs to be made. She will, however, exist in this time period and have time with Hawkwhisker.
Last edited by Trickz on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaminari.denki » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Username;; klaus.
Cat Name;; Flicker of Trout's Tail | Troutflicker | Trout
Gender;; Male
Age;; 20 Moons
Clan;; Cats of the Tides
Rank;; Solis Hunter

Prompt;;

"This is absurd! Cats aren't meant for water," Trout insisted, standing at the edge of the river with a curled lip as he stared at the two older cats on the other side. "Why cant we just use the stepping stones we used when I first joined? Y'know to get my new name? How are you both comfortable just walking right in!"

Silver glanced at Sun with an amused smile and stepped back into the river with her tail and head high to keep water from messing with either as she waded back across. Once she reached the other side, she shook out her fur and bumped his head against the tom's. "I know it seems odd but the river provides us with a good source of food and as we have two spanning across our territory, swimming is a very useful skill for us all to have," she soothed with a slight smile.

She then glaced briefly at the orange she-cat still on the other brink and watching the he horizon before lowering her voice and whispering into Flick's ear. "Besides, Firefly loves to swim.." she murmured, having noticed the newcomer watching the local troublemaker with his heart on his nose.

Flick's fur heated in embarrassment and he flicked his tail slightly. "Alright, alright.. let's just do this.."
Last edited by kaminari.denki on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

aiden || he/they || slytherin
ArtFightDappervolk
toyhou.se: TranScribe
discord: FireLordLee #9462

Halloween is ✨5 9 days✨ away
kaminari.denki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ꪶ ιzαя∂ѕρσтѕ. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:26 pm

what a CUTIE
marking w/ mountainbelly!

🦎

howdy ! i'm lizardspots
adult, she-they,
i ♥ vulture culture,
baby witch
ꪶ ιzαя∂ѕρσтѕ.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Username;; SurgeFire
Cat Name;; Aspenshade
Gender;; Male
Age;; 16 Moons
Clan;; AsterClan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;;

"Aspenpaw? I-- I need your help."

Now, Aspenpaw had never considered himself much of a challenged apprentice. Most of his assessments went perfectly; and if imperfect, few faults. Hardly any challenges of sorts; much less big tasks.
It wasn't so much as he had a poor mentor; his mentor was the deputy, for the Judges' sakes - Sunheart was no lazing teacher. She could strike as fierce as tigers, train twice as tough; and her hunting was rather impeccable, though not perfect. Her pride would never allow her to have an untrained student, unable to face later difficulties because she, herself, never gave him the opportunity.
..and yet, he passed her tests with flying colors.

Now, it was with extensive training on his own he reached his goals; and thus, never honestly spent his time with the other apprentices. While they would socialize; perhaps even sneak out in the dead of night, Aspenpaw never thought of any sort of that.
Train, train, train.
That's what he felt he was born to do, it seemed.

And yet, in this dead night, before he took his way out of camp; he noticed another apprentice, pacing back and forth. He whispered out to her; what could Smokepaw possibly be doing at this time of night? Now, he was not one to speak... but at least he knew his reasons.
"Aspenpaw? I-- I need your help." she whispered back, seeming alarmed; dazed, almost. "Come with me. Now."
"...I have to go, Smokepaw, don't--" and yet she had already ran; troubled and intrigued, he decided to follow.

The woods seemed looming as ever, the misty edges closing in, adding a sense of mystery to the situation. He could only wonder. What was so terribly important?

The world seemed to stand still.

Who could react after seeing their leader, killed? By what he wouldn't know, but he froze; Smokepaw looked more serious than she had ever been.
And Larkpaw. Oh, he hadn't noticed the longhair; he was as still as a statue, eyes averted.
This was his mother, wasn't it.

Not by blood, but as if so. And for the first time in his life, he had to face his first big task.
He was no emotional cat. In fact, in all his life, he seemed to max out his other skills...
...yet no social skills of his own.
He swallowed and padded forward.

"Larkpaw... I'm... I'm not so good at this. But. I just wanted to say that it's going to be alright." he wondered how well he was doing; never had he really done a thing like this, and he wasn't sure how to do it; it wasn't something like fighting - or tracking - or-- "...we're going to get to the bottom of this."
Last edited by SurgeFire on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:30 pm

x
    Username;; Micki.
    Cat Name;; Otterwhistle
    Gender;; tom
    Age;; 53 moons
    Clan;; Bearclan
    Rank;; warrior

Prompt;;
      Like every apprentice before him, Otterwhistle's first big task as an apprentice was to go through the First Trials. The First Trials are a series of tasks that have to be completed at the midway point in a cat's apprentice training before they can continue their training. They're not particularly complex tasks, and the first of which is usually to catch a prey of a certain type (which prey is commonly decided by the mentor).

Otterwhistle was to bring back a rabbit - a very exciting opportunity for him to show off his hunting skills, and one he was very much looking forward to. Instead, however, the young tom disappeared and a search party had to be sent out to find him. As it turned out, he had broken his paw, while unsuccessfully going after a rabbit, and been unable to make it back to camp. His apprentice training had to be delayed while his paw healed, which devastated him.

He eventually learned to see it as a blessing, though, as he became best friends with Whiterush, who started apprentice training at the same time Otterwhistle was able to resume his apprentice training.
Last edited by Micki. on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yellow. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Username;; Yellow.
Cat Name;; Amarok
Gender;; male
Age;; 61 moons
Clan;; Ridgeclan
Rank;; spy

Prompt;;
Amarok’s first big task as an apprentice was learning to gather information, specifically how to get it out of other cats without them really knowing what they were giving away. It wasn’t something that could be taught really, but Amarok could learn by watching, by getting tips and it was something he just needed to figure out on his own. They started out simple his mentor taking him just right outside the clan's territory to a farm with a couple of cats the clan was friendly with and who the clan got information from.

“How am I going to learn if they know what we are doing? Isn’t the whole point that they don’t know I am getting information from them?” Amarok asked his mentor, confused as to how this was going to work.

“They may know what we do yes, but that’s what makes it more challenging. And with the cats you’ll meet here it’s not as big of a deal if they know, they tell us what we want anyway. But they are close and it’s good practice for you, they find it fun to help train the new recruits.” The older molly told him with a smirk.

“Besides your task is to get them to tell you a secret that the others in the barn don’t know, if you can do that then you ready to travel further then the farm, until then we can travel no further.”

Amarok’s tail dropped at that, he was a spy to travel, if he couldn’t get this right then he wouldn’t be able to travel any farther.

“Find something out that the others don’t know, got it.”

——

“You’ve heard about the city gang right?” One of the barn cats asked Amarok as they settled down for the night Amarok and his mentor having been invited to stay in the barn before traveling back in the morning.

“Of course everyone’s heard of them, the ghost stories that the loners whisper about.”

“Well they aren’t ghost stories, it’s a good bet everything you hear is true. I was born in the city, in the gang until it was decided I wasn’t strong enough.” They told him softly. “Yeah know I don’t know why I’m telling you that, I hate talking about them.”

Amarok only nodded, “I’m easy to talk to and there’s no point judging someone for something they can’t control like where they came from.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” They answered back.

And with that Amarok passed his first test in his training, everything built from there.
✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Did you forget me so soon?
The one who made you,
turned you into this monster?
How sad.

Though I guess it's to be expected,
you always liked to block things out.
If it didn't make sense in your mind,
you just forgot about it.

But maybe it's because I didn't,
make you into a monster that is.
You already were a monster,
weren't you?

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:57 am

Username;; Knickknacks
Cat Name;; Hailskip
Gender;; Male
Age;; 42 moons
Clan;; NorthClan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;;

“Hailpaw!”

The young tom jumped, his fur fluffed out in embarrassment. He didn’t want to look up and see Swanglow’s infamous scowl (for the third time this morning), but he forced himself to make eye contact. The tall she-cat’s spine and neck were prickling with displeasure.

“Uh- sorry,” he squeaked, hating how his voice cracked nervously. “What?”

“I said,” Swanglow meowed, her tone dangerously edged, “that it’s important for NorthClan cats to know the lay of the land. We have multiple smaller camps spread throughout the territory, where hunting parties can rest and cats can take shelter from bad weather, and you’ll need to know where all of them are and how to get to them, fast, if you want to pass your assessment.”

Hailpaw blinked. His assessment was a long way off. It was his first day of training, after all. And they’d just walked all the way through the forest from the main camp to... wherever this place was. He cast a quick, curious glance around.

As though she could sense his confusion, Swanglow continued. “This is the River Camp. It’s a popular spot for fishing parties, and is usually empty for the most part, until thaw-season rolls around.” She gestured around at the small clearing. Definitely too exposed of a place to be comfortable during the snow-season, Hailpaw decided. He certainly wasn’t feeling to comfortable, huddled here in the snow.

“And your task for the day,” Swanglow said, raising her voice slightly to draw Hailpaw’s attention back to him, “is to make your way back to Pine Camp- that is, the main camp- from here.”

Hailpaw stared at her. Was this a trick? They’d walked through the snow all the way here- surely that wouldn’t be too hard. His mentor’s blue and green eyes were glimmering with a hint of a challenge. There must be more to this.

- - -

There was.

A light snow had started to fall during Swanglow’s talk, steadily covering any tracks they might have left. Hailpaw made decent progress at first, before the indents were fully covered, but eventually ended up in the middle of the forest, no tracks to be seen except for his own, far out of the sight of either camp. The young tom’s heart sank as he realized what had happened.

“...I’m so lost.”

- - -

“You weren’t supposed to succeed on the first try,” Swanglow said calmly as the pair sat back in camp. Hailpaw’s mentor had been waiting, out of sight, to rescue him once he’d come to the end of the trail. “In fact, I’d have been amazed if you had.

“The point of that exercise was to teach you that you can’t rely on tracks alone- those can be covered, or muddled, and lead you astray. Tomorrow I’ll show you some landmarks you can use to navigate. Within a few moons you’ll know the tundra as well as any warrior.”

Hailpaw nodded eagerly. He might have fallen short today, but he’d work his hardest to make sure it wouldn’t happen again. Not if he had any say in the matter.

(*Swanglow is owned by me.)
(*I tried my best to scrunch it down, but ended up being just a few words over 500. Hope that’s alright~)
Last edited by Knickknacks on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:41 am

Username;; Birchii
Cat Name;; Thistlemask
Gender;; Tom
Age;; 57 Moons
Clan;; GealachClan
Rank;; Warrior (will be deputy ~ )

Prompt;; “Go on then, Thistlepaw. You try and reach the fruit!”

Thistlepaw huffed at Cottonpaw, who was scowling at him. The long-furred molly was dripping wet, her white fur slicked back along her body. She had tried to climb a tall tree by the lake’s edge after her mentor, Bluenose, challenged her to reach a fruit on the top branches. Cottonpaw had gotten about halfway when a wasp came along and startled her, sending her splashing into the lake. Thistlepaw wouldn’t have laughed so hard had she not bragged about the compliments Bluenose had given her for her bravery the night before. The scowl on her scrunched-up face only made Thistlepaw laugh harder, only stopping after a subtle cough from his own mentor, Grizzlestripe, indicating he’d had his fun.

Thistlepaw looked up at the tree, considering the challenge. He was 3 moons younger than her, only just turned 8 moons. He could climb, yes, but that high? He glanced at his mentor, offering a quizzical look that questioned his ability to climb. Grizzlestripe just blinked at him, and gestured for the tree, ever the quiet tom.

Thistlepaw stuck his tongue out at Cottonpaw and began to climb. The tree was gnarled and twisted – definitely an ancient tree that was eons old. He struggled to weave under the winding branches that knotted and swirled around each other, and lost his balance a few times due to the slippery moss lining the boughs. His gaze remained fixed on the fruit, the clear goal pushing him to climb harder.

Finally, after several near-falls and struggles to reach high enough, Thistlepaw found himself on the branch below the fruit. He reached up, patted it with his paw, and grinned down at the felines below. Cottonpaw was frowning but had her mouth open with surprise, Bluenose was nodding in praise, and even stoic Grizzlestripe had a smile on his face. Pride beamed from the grey-and-white tom, and he began his descent down the tree. ‘Pah, wasps. There’s no wasps here.’

Thistlepaw was too focused on his climb, and hadn’t realised there was indeed wasps flitting about in the tree; he only realised when one flew up close to his face.
“Aaagh!”

His pace quickened, desperate to get away from the wasp. He tried to be careful, but his quickened speed was enough to knock his focus, and he went plummeting down into the cool water of the lake. He dragged himself to the edge, Cottonpaw shrieking with laughter, and he quickly pulled her back into the lake. To his surprise, both Bluenose and Grizzlestripe began to laugh, too. He’d still reached the fruit, and didn’t mind the less-than-graceful descent he’d taken.

“Well done, Thistlepaw. Next time, keep an eye out for wasps!”
Last edited by Birchii on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items