Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Licorice. » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:29 am

Hey, I have not posted in a while... My doggo Tyree has been doing so much better! He is less leash reactive than 4 months ago. Thank you to everyone who helped me with that earlier in the thread. We took a hike earlier this week and he was able to do it on leash with another dog. We started taking him to the dog park and he loves it! (I will try to get pics next time). He enjoys snuffling through the grass and herding the other dogs (mainly small ones). On a side note, he has stared to wear bandanas and loves them. They get taken off for walks but when we come home he picks up the bandana and carries it over to be put on!
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Licorice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:42 am

Outlaw Arthur wrote:

Question for little dog owners:
      Are your little dogs the "perfect" lap dog?

No, Chloe hates sitting in laps unless we're out somewhere and she is nervous. I wish she was a lap dog, but she isn't. Sometimes I'll get her to sit on my lap for a few minutes in exchange for some treats, but otherwise she wouldn't do it. She's a lay beside you kind of dog.

@Ja986 - Happy Birthday Trump! :D
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:33 am

@Ja986
      Happy Birthday to Trump. I hope he had a great day with lots of treats and toys and lovin'! XD
      ____

On the subject of birthdays, Ruby celebrated hers today!
      10 years on and she still acts like a puppy! A pre-trained one too, lol.

We can never decide on a date, so we usually just have it somewhere in March when we manage to actually get out and buy her things. She got 2 new toys today but it was useless, she only likes toys that aren't hers! Haha, as an extra special treat I'm going to try and find her a cute new red collar since she's had her current one for a good while now. She loved her treats though, mini chew bones, and she got to try some expensive new dry food we got as a free sample in the shops. It's called Crave but it's a little pricey for us, yikes, so even though she really liked it she can consider it a birthday treat. Lol.

All her pics are too big to post here, but I'll upload them to her dogstagram since I haven't really posted much on there recently.

maocifer#7930
    ╔ ◦ ◦ ════════════════════╗
    British Horticulturist and avid
    Wendigoon enthusiast who plays
    far too much Warframe than
    is good for my sleep schedule

╚════════════════════ ◦ ◦ ╝
    tradesflightrisinginsta
ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:16 pm

ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ wrote:
      @Ja986
      Happy Birthday to Trump. I hope he had a great day with lots of treats and toys and lovin'! XD
      ____

On the subject of birthdays, Ruby celebrated hers today!
      10 years on and she still acts like a puppy! A pre-trained one too, lol.

We can never decide on a date, so we usually just have it somewhere in March when we manage to actually get out and buy her things. She got 2 new toys today but it was useless, she only likes toys that aren't hers! Haha, as an extra special treat I'm going to try and find her a cute new red collar since she's had her current one for a good while now. She loved her treats though, mini chew bones, and she got to try some expensive new dry food we got as a free sample in the shops. It's called Crave but it's a little pricey for us, yikes, so even though she really liked it she can consider it a birthday treat. Lol.

All her pics are too big to post here, but I'll upload them to her dogstagram since I haven't really posted much on there recently.

Happy Birthday Ruby! :D
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harv » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 pm

hello everyone, i don't post here very often but something happened today that has me really freaked out;;

i think one of our neighbors just tried to poison my dog? we managed to get him to throw up and called the vet, and they advised to watch him in case he shows any symptoms... but basically someone threw a kong with food in it over the fence, and my puppy teemu brought it in and was eating it until we realized none of us had actually bought a kong for him (i thought my parents did, my dad thought my mom did and vice versa)

the only reason i can think of someone to do this is because my other dog, a great pyrenees, barks a lot when she's outside?? but we don't let her out in early morning or late at night for that reason, however someone else's dog does this and i'm wondering if they're mistaking it for our dog or something?? either way i'm disgusted someone might be trying to do this to our dogs and now i'm worried they might try and do it again... i have no idea who this could be even
harv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:01 pm

harv wrote:
    hello everyone, i don't post here very often but something happened today that has me really freaked out;;

i think one of our neighbors just tried to poison my dog? we managed to get him to throw up and called the vet, and they advised to watch him in case he shows any symptoms... but basically someone threw a kong with food in it over the fence, and my puppy teemu brought it in and was eating it until we realized none of us had actually bought a kong for him (i thought my parents did, my dad thought my mom did and vice versa)

the only reason i can think of someone to do this is because my other dog, a great pyrenees, barks a lot when she's outside?? but we don't let her out in early morning or late at night for that reason, however someone else's dog does this and i'm wondering if they're mistaking it for our dog or something?? either way i'm disgusted someone might be trying to do this to our dogs and now i'm worried they might try and do it again... i have no idea who this could be even

Oh wow I can’t believe someone would even think of doing that. We had something like this happen to our old shitzu cross boy our neighbor put anti freeze in our pond and we didn’t know so he drank out of it. He was already old at this point and had cancer. We had no idea he had drunk it so it caused him to have a seizure and we had to put him down. So thankful you noticed that toy still in disbelief that someone would do that.
For now I would just suggest keeping an eye on your dogs when ever they go out and pick up anything you don’t recognize even if it is a toy until you make sure someone in your house did or didn’t buy it. Prayers that your babies stay safe <3
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:47 pm

harv wrote:

what did the police say was in the kong and the food...what poison? and where fingerprints on it that they can use?
good that you found it, hope dog is well and the kong was just something so the dog is calm when outside ad nothing mean.

@ Drown
find a trainer who knows how to work with dogs and large animals....maybe you can teach him to say calm next to the fence, walk calmly with the donkeys together outside or on pasture(this this with my girl and horses...he donkeys are not so sure about the dog, and you not about the dog( muzzle can help) have someone else walk the donkey and you the dog more and more close to it/them till they are all calm and happy), work them together, do freestyle agility with him and donkeys and such^^ but not pulling away from fence when he pulls back and is nervous, it makes it bad
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:36 am

(bit of back story on the dogs, skip if you want the problem)

Pippin is a jack-russel x chihuahua cross. He is seven years old (had him when I was quite little, too little to own a dog in my opinion) and more or less, trained himself. I think he used to bark at dogs, but I am unsure as that was many years ago. He wasn't really allowed out to be taken on walks as we were in a big city. Large dogs walked off-lead and had mauled our neighbours chihuahua x jack russell, who was on a lead. We've moved, so he's started going on walks and loves it! Now, he doesn't bark at dogs on walks yet doesn't like 'em getting too close and will edge away. He walks on a retractable lead (by flexir) that's pretty much always loose. I like it this way, and only tighten the length of the lead when he stops to sniff other dogs urine, food on the road or to mark his territory (which I let him do in the park). I don't think I'd like to have him off-lead, though as he is epileptic. If he were to run away and I couldn't catch him, a night alone could lead to his death as he'd seizure.

Atlas is a year and a bit old, and a fully bred, perfect health chihuahua. We got him off of a friend who has been breeding KC Registered chihuahua's for a while. It is nice because she comes round with Atlas' family often, and he very much remembers them.

the problem
Atlas does have anxiety. When I open the dog cupboard and get out the harnesses and leads, he'll run into his crate and whimper. I've tried separately walking the dogs yet he hates being away from Pip, who doesn't mind being away from Atlas.
He barks at other dogs (but not aggressively) and tries to pull on his harness, in an attempt to meet them. There are no parks near me that are barred off, so he's never been off lead. He has got the body shape of a greyhound and, believe me, can run. His harness can't fit his body shape. We've tried xs, s and m but none work because of his weird body shape (i'll try and get pictures if anyone wants) and so was wondering what I could do to train him? I've seen harnesses designed to tighten when they lunge so it stops the pull but my mom said that was cruel? I've also seen vibrate collars that stop barking (i wouldn't want to shock him).
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:40 am

harv wrote:

Did you call the police, and/or animal control? If not I highly recommend you do. Did you save the Kong for evidence?

I suggest never letting them out unsupervised. You can work on a default leave-it but nothing will beat good supervision in something like this.
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:44 pm

My mom got home from her business trip last week. Dad didn't want to tell her the bad news over the phone and make her upset on her trip.
Of course she's devastated, she said he should have called, they got into a really big argument and mom is staying at her brother's house.
I'm still blaming myself and I miss Chess a lot. My parents haven't talked at all since Tuesday of last week.
The vet bill for Chess' cremation has been really hard for my dad to pay on his own so I've been babysitting for the neighbor and missing a few days of school as a result. I'm so tired and sore and very backed up on schoolwork.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me