Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Imzadi83 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:48 am

Flerken. wrote:Thank you for all the information 🙏
I had not thought about waiting to do poles for a while, but that totally makes sense. That can be awfully hard on the back.

I had also never heard of Treibball, that look very interesting! The hospital I currently work fors’ PT department offen has old excercise balls they are just giving away- so I could get the materials fairly easily.

New question time. How do you feel about bark box/pup box?
I really like the idea, and I have a friend who raves about it ... but cost wise, do you feel like you get enough out of it? (Does that make sense?) I know I would likely spend 30$ a month buying treats and stuff, but I would be buying stuff I know he likes. Do you feels your animals like them enough?

We've done Bark Box and Pup Joy. I thought Bark Box was really cool and contained a bunch of neat stuff including really cute toys. She couldn't eat all the treats though and doesn't like toys so in the end it was a waste of money and I canceled. We moved over to Pup Joy which I liked because you can select what you want in the box. You can have a mix of toys, treats, and supplies; or just a treat box. They even had an option for a grain free treat box. Unfortunately Chloe's allergy testing came back with extensive allergies to multiple things so we canceled that as well. Both companies had good customer service and were easy to deal with. If I had the money and a dog that utilized more of the contents I would consider either in the future. I don't know that either is a good value though, certainly Bark ox probably isn't, but to me it's more about the fun of a subscription box then a value.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:21 am

we use barkbox, i don’t give treats enough between boxes so i do have a little stash going that i eventually get through. the dogs, mainly kasper, enjoys all the toys. some he does destroy, others are still around. i mainly get it just to get it honestly, plus the toys just collect and they enjoy playing with them on occasion. seeing as none of our dogs have any food allergies, they love the treats and other goodies. it’s honestly based on preference and the dog you’re getting it for. i have not done or heard of pup joy.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:07 pm

I haven't done barkbox but we're subscribed to realdogbox for every other month, it's dehydrated raw chews/treats.

edit: have any of you guys owned or met a therapy dog?
when i was in the hospital for a while we had a standard poodle come in every few days, she was great and i made a portrait for her owners to take home. we're still in contact with her owners and the dog made me feel so much better. i actually emailed holly's owners today to check in with their family! today we met another by chance and her owner knew holly as well! therapy dogs are really cool.
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:44 pm

we have two goldens here. honey.and.kelly.golden.girls are their instagram. they go to the schools hospital etc. honey had puppies earlier this year and they were adorbs, all the photos are up there also. i haven’t personally met them but my niece has and a high school friend helped deliver her puppies at the vets office too. everyone i’ve heard that’s met them adore them. didn’t know she has a site, but i think she’ll be breeding on occasion when she finds suitable males.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:51 am

There’s a Bernese x poodle here that comes to my school sometimes. Really nice dog, therapy dogs are great.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby All Might » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:11 am

uwu Placing this here after Seasonal lead me to it for posting about it instead of own thread ;; <3
-----
I just needed somewhere to babble about this where people I know know wouldn't see it.

At a previous point in time, It's become established that we're getting an Australian Shepherd puppy.
I'm getting an Aussie;; Momma dog isn't with pups yet though;;;
A N D ;; The age of which the pup would be able to be brought to us is in the air;; could be at the ideal time could be 4 months down the line.
[Puppy Transport, if a friend happens to be coming up. The puppy is sure fire the delivery is at their discretion. And I mean heck you don't look a gift horse in the mouth when someone is like want a puppy? And you can care for pup]

BUT NOW THEN

My mum was like...... You might get a German Shep. And I'm like ??? NANI ?
As it seems a local friend of hers has bred their sheps, health tests too.... B U T . All the pups are claimed BUT ALSO. She didn't speak of numbers, her dog might have a large litter or it might not be that many people really. She doesn't know -- and this, We'd be able to go see the puppies and bond beforehand, bring them home quickly and start getting our dogs used to the smells first at least.[The 'proper' lol] I don't even know if she said anything of - "oh, if she has more puppies than claimed we're interested" lol.
My mum does tend to jump the gun with 'good news' before it's solid.

So like. I'm admitting that the appeal of a local puppy is very nice.
We love both dogs and are all dog people so no issues with like "OH NO HARD BREEDS!!" Prep and all that.

And I just hngg.. now also my mum was like 'okay well both would be best.' But that's dog loving speaking, [ Our current dogs - 2, are 10 and 3 and smol we don't NEED 4 dogs lolololol]

as it stands now my mum is like.. y'know.. who ever has their pups first.
Well.. The local is with them rn lol.

Also here be my two smalls;

Image Image

Ginger
Wookie

┍━━━━━━━┑
    'it's you'
    If only I could stay
    delicate as the new day ;
    adult / she / artist
    seeking blue sorb
    credit

┕━━━━━━━┙

Image Image

All Might

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ja986 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:28 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUMP!!!!
AHHH I LOVE YOU, YOU BIG FLUFF BALL!
He still does this with his paw sometimes! <3

Some of his first pictures on his first morning!
✞ I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it.
I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." And He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. ✞

Silence is our enemy, our voices can end it.
Ja986

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:21 am

Question for all big dog owners:
      Does your dog like to sit/lay in your lap?

Answer:
      Mine does, she's a thirty five pound Siberian husky and she very much prefers to lay in my lap especially while I'm using the PC

Question for little dog owners:
      Are your little dogs the "perfect" lap dog?
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 am

Question for little dog owners:
Are your little dogs the "perfect" lap dog?

Answer
Lol, nooooooo.

Wick for the most part, doesn’t like being cuddly during the day. It’s all play, play, play. Don’t get me wrong he loves being pet when he first sees you for that day but that’s pretty much it. He’ll lay down in my lap occasionally after we’ve played for a while but he mostly lays next to me.

At night though? He’s super cuddly and is constantly trying to lick and get you to pet/cuddle him.

Edit: As if to prove me wrong he just spent around 10 minutes in my lap asking for belly rubs lol. To be fair though I just came home from visiting my sister for her bday. I was only gone for a day but I’m sure it felt like an eternity since I’m literally always with him. XD
Last edited by Faybell on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drown » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:56 am

I recently got a German Shepherd. His name is Brody and he's 2 years old.
He's a great dog and he's super active and very cuddly.
My problem is that I also have donkeys and whenever he sees them all he wants to do is try to attack them. He barks and growls at them and won't stop. It's hard to pull him away from the fence. I'm afraid that one day if I'm not watching, he's going to jump the fence and try to go for them. He's not a violent dog, I just think that he hasn't seen these kind of animals before and he might feel like they're a threat.
Does anyone have advice for trying to get him more comfortable with my donkeys?
drown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me