Based on Click to view
Artist liightning [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1539

Postby liightning » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:37 am

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To enter, you must own a founder and be at least level 1, or have no founder in progress or at all.

What's the first thing they would teach someone as a mentor or parent (or some similar figure in another cat's life)?

End date: March 20th, 11:59 pm EST (pm for extensions!)

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]cat name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]age:[/b]
[b]clan:[/b]
[b]rank:[/b]

[b]prompt:[/b] (300 word max)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This cat may not be traded until June 3rd, 2019. There is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
For a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. The original owner must post in the archive.

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
    username: dewly_noted
    cat name: Amber (Amber that Traps Spider)
    clan: BeachClan

description: tortoiseshell with amber eyes

other features: none
    siblings: none living
Last edited by liightning on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1539

Postby Trickz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:41 am

username: Thunder.Collects
cat name: Koiberry
clan: CreekClan

prompt:
As a parent, the first thing Koiberry would teach her children as integrity. She believes admitting to your problems and faults is a far better honor than acting tough and brave amongst your clanmates. She believes it is irresponsible to lie about something bad, and Koiberry pushes really hard to tell her kits that this is something they need to take to heart and truly think about.
This is because as a kit, her brother lied to their parents the day before his death, and she took it as a sign. “Always admit to your flaws,” she would say, “because they will seek their revenge otherwise.”

As a mentor, the first thing she could teach would be cooperation and loyalty. It's her very first lesson, and she believes both are needed to have a healthy mentor-apprentice relationship, and a healthy clan life and well. If you can cooperate with your peers, you can make anything happen, and if you're loyal, you will gain the trust and respect of your clanmates. Both are great additives to you're popularity, especially since she's clan deputy.
Last edited by Trickz on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:42 am

username: SurgeFire
cat name: Emberflower
clan: AsterClan

prompt: (300 word max)

Perhaps it would be the art of love.
No— not romance, not friendship. It is the kind of love you give to yourself. It is the kind one uses to truly appreciate themself as a being... and uses to extend to others.

It wasn’t very easy as a child. Born unloved— tossed out into the wilderness to survive; why was it that the other kits out there at least had a human; a home? Somewhere to live...
And she spent those sleepness nights next to her brothers, silently wishing and wondering.

Eventually she found a Clan; eventually, but at the cost of the lives of the kits that once stood beside her.

When she has kits (not a if— a when; oh, she wants a family desperately)— she will teach them the importance of being wanted and loved, and that they are so. And to not place the burden of terrible events on their shoulders, and despise themselves; no, to realize that they are worth more than that.

Nobody should go through what she had.
Especially if she could help it.

[181]
Last edited by SurgeFire on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
not active, SurgeFire elsewhere
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladyskittels » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:44 am

username: Ladyskittels
cat name: Nocturneblaze
clan: Glacial Blizzard Clan

prompt: As a parent, or as a mentor for an apprentice, the first thing Nocturneblaze would teach their prodigy is the art of self control. This is one of Nocturneblaze's highest valued characteristic both in herself and in young cats especially. To her, discipline - and discipline starts with self control - is the foundation for greatness, as you can't possibly commit to greatness while you are not disciplined or easily distracted.

Being a young kit, it is difficult to suppress the whims and urges to play and do other things, as Nocturneblaze found out for herself when she was young. Her mother taught her to ignore her impulses by placing her in the midst of a play session full of other kits and instructed her not to join in, or to concentrate on a particular object until she returned. If she succeeded, the kit would receive a pat on the head and a well deserved play session. If she were to fail, however, she would go without food for the day and made it more difficult to concentrate.

While Nocturneblaze promised herself not to be as strict as her mother once was, she had to admit this method got results. She would be a fool not to follow the advice given from her own mother, at least the concept of it.

(219/ 300 words)
Last edited by Ladyskittels on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladyskittels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephara » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:20 am

Dropping out. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Zephara on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 am

username: DiamondDogg
cat name: Squirrelpatches
clan: SilverClan

prompt: appreciating and embracing your name. sp is good at climbing trees
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persona » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:59 am

username: spring day
cat name: Turtleshell
clan: SkyClan

prompt: She would teach her apprentice how to deal with failure. Turtleshell has dealt with this up close: she was slow to learn anything about training and had to deal with being held back and continuously failing to remember fighting moves - which was a huge embarrassment. She failed to make the mark and become a warrior with the other apprentices.

Turtleshell's own mentor had taught her this and helped lead her through her own failures, and feels it's only fair to pass this knowledge on - if you can manage your shortcomings, like not getting where you want to be when you expected, you can go farther than you would otherwise (you won't overexert yourself and instead take your time; don't worry about others' speeds).
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 am

username: Mythz
cat name: Possumsqueal - Possum for short - Scuffle name was 'Sandy'
clan: Dingoclan
prompt:

If Possumsqueal ever had an apprentice, she would certainly teach them to never, ever attack a possum. (The proper, Aussie possum)
Why?
Because they're not really the cute, cuddly-looking cat-sized animals that they seem to be... they're vicious, ferocious beasts!!
At least, in Possumsqueal's eyes they are!
Possumsqueal would teach this to any cat that she came across - because one afternoon when Possumsqueal was still an apprentice and going to earn her Dingo name, she was 'attacked' by a possum - or more accurately, a possum shot out of the bushes in front of her, scared the living daylights out of her and made her squeal.
Last edited by Mythz on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

x
      feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      toyhouse | da | Mythz#9104

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaminari.denki » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:05 am

username: klaus.
cat name: Thistle | Thistlerose | Thistle Wrapped Around Rose
clan: [url=xxx]Cats of the Tides[/url]

prompt: (300 word max) mark

aiden || he/they || slytherin
ArtFightDappervolk
toyhou.se: TranScribe
discord: FireLordLee #9462

Halloween is ✨5 9 days✨ away
kaminari.denki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:11 am

username: Knickknacks
cat name: Shadowdapple
clan: NorthClan
184/300 wrote:prompt:
The first thing a cat in these lands should learn is the art of moving silently. Of being undetected, whether by prey or predator. The secret to melting into the shadows.

Shadowdapple has, over her lifetime, been rarely seen. Many cats exist within the lands NorthClan now calls home, but few have ever come face-to-face with her. Some speculate that she’s a sort of phantom, a spirit or myth that walks among the snow and pines. But Lynxstar has found that no, she is quite real.

Shadowdapple has merely mastered the art of going unseen. Not the biggest or strongest cat, she was born with keen senses and a lean, graceful form that have aided in her survival over the years. She has been able to silently stalk prey on the open tundra- even with her dark coat- and deftly evade aggressive or territorial cats larger than her. This, in her eyes, would be the first thing to teach young cats. Food is scarce in these parts, and it wouldn’t do to lose prey simply because you couldn’t disguise your pawsteps in the snow.

Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me