Bear Run Tolters Rehoming

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Bear Run Tolters Rehoming

Postby aray17 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Hello everyone, in partnership with shadow9119, they are rehoming some tolters and I am running the event. If you have any questions, please PM me on CS or on Discord.

Tolter List

Rules:
1. All mateships, slot reservations are void upon rehoming.
2. Do not pester the original artists for revamps, some are not on CS anymore. But, if you have any questions in regards to revamps, PM/DM me and I will talk to the staff about your situation.
3. Please be respectful and do not pester me. I am always willing to answer questions and help as needed :)
4. All tolters may have show name and barn name changes.
5. If your new tolter comes with artwork, please give credit to the original artist. For example, if you create a stable page for them,
put "By: ____" under the artwork so you are not claiming it as your own.
6. Non-owner competitions will become open to BRT owners after 2/15/2019 if no non-owners apply or if there are no complete forms.
7. When you are rehomed a tolter, you must post on the tolter's adoption page and we will confirm owner change.
8. Save all of your new tolter's information if won. This includes artwork, previous offspring, their parents/who they are related to to, personality, etc.
9. All entry forms can have extras but I want quality over quantity.
10. Art is not judged on skill level, rather it is judged on effort.
11. You can apply and win as many tolters as you want. Edit 7/3/2019: You can apply for as many tolters as you want but if I feel that your form is not good enough to win a tolter, you are not entitled to automatically winning the tolter. If I feel that your form is good, you can win as many tolters as you want granted that the forms are good. What do I mean by good? There’s effort put into the form, the form fits the tolter, and it is unique.
12. I reserve the right to deny anyone from winning a tolter or keep it. (Added 7/3/19)

Code: Select all
[list][b]username:[/b]
[b]who are you applying for?[/b] (tolter's previous name)
[b]show name:[/b]
[b]barn name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b] (no changing genders)
[b]promt response:[/b] (your answer to the question I posted with the tolter)
[b]extra:[/b] (optional)[/list]
Last edited by aray17 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Run Tolters Rehoming

Postby buckskin. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:01 pm

username: buckskin.
    who are you applying for? Finn
    show name: My Own Misfortune
    barn name: Tiny
    promt response:

Day 2 of his arrival
    Tiny hasn't been the easiest new addition we've every had when it came to moving to his new home at Thunderbolt Stables, instead he came along (almost literally) kicking and screaming with no obvious intent of calming down, it was apparent to those who brought him here that he was not impressed in the slightest and we feel that it is going to take him much longer than most other horses to settle in. For starters, Tiny does seem to like his new paddock as it is rather spacious and contains everything any pony would ever desire, and has appeared to spend most of his day lazing in the cool shade down by the stream, but has showed no interest in making any attempt to bond, let alone make friends, with the two other horses in his field. Xavier and Jupiter, two of the very original residents, now retired, are very friendly horses and have made some effort to adjust him into the herd by trying to get to know him, but he doesn't seem very interested in interacting with the other horses and has taking to biting and kicking them on approach.
    So far he has been a little bit nippy with our handlers and a few of our other horses but he hasn't really been biting as much as we expected after the warning given to us by his previous owner, maybe we just haven't been in the wrong place at the wrong time but temperament wise, he has been okay, just appears to be a bit lonely without his out anyone familiar. We are thinking about maybe getting him a goat, we have found that goats tend to work wonders with horses like this. Although he hasn't really 'snapped' at any of our handlers, we are being very careful with how we handle him and have discussed with his previous barn about what his routine was so that we could give him the best possible chance at adjusting quicker to his new home. We are very excited to welcome him here and we can't wait to unravel the journey we will have with him but at the same time, we feel that it is important to let him settle in before introducing him into our training and competing programs. Tiny, as we have renamed him, will one day be an amazing asset to our team but for now he seems far too confused and frustrated to begin our ridden program. He slowly seems to be adjusting and becoming more and more trusting in the handlers we have assigned but he does appear to be a very emotional creature. So far, we have seen him throw the occasional tantrum and it appear that he is perhaps angry with the change and does not want anything to do with any one or any thing.

Day 15 of his arrival
    Slowly, we have seen a gradual change in Tiny and his temperament when it comes to being here with us at Thunderbolt to the point that we now feel comfortable having his handler ride him in the arena, he appears to be a very talented creature. Since our last few updates on Tiny, he has infact bitten two of our stablehands when they were bringing him in from turnout and we have decided to change the horse we have in his paddock with him as it appears he needs someone to put him in his place, this has been a job for one of our older stallions, Brochan, who so far has seemed to be the only horse who has been able to get close to him. Tiny has calmed down dramatically and although he is still adjusting to all of our ways, has done very well to get to where he was and seems a tonne happier than before. The goat has worked a charm. He goes everywhere with his goat, we were even able to take him schooling off property; with the assistance of the goat of course, but it appears the companionship given by the little white demon has really helped. We are thinking of asking his previous owner if they had any goats that he was exposed to whilst they had him. Today, we gave Tiny his first bath in our washbays and it was the first time we have ever really seen him enjoy something, Tiny appears to be a water child but after we turned the hose of he was not impressed in the slightest! Even going as far as nipping at the groom and attempting to grab the hose; Tiny really is a character and we are so happy to have him here with us at Thunderbolt Stables.

extra: (optional)

wip
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:46 pm

username: rescue2001
    who are you applying for? Scar
    show name: Walk on the Wild Side
    barn name: Artimis
    promt response: (your answer to the question I posted with the tolter)

username: rescue2001
    who are you applying for? Dynamite
    show name: Show Bound
    barn name: Denver
    promt response: Denver is a very adventurous boy, he just loves exploring. Denver is a pretty mellow horse but wouldn't put him as a kids or beginners horse though, he only really acts good when he knows he is being ridden by someone who knows what they are doing. He also likes being kinda by himself, like he likes other horses but not all the time he actually kinda gets annoyed being by others all the time. He can also be kind of a smart allak ( I think i spelt that wrong ) but is not good at it. He is usually pretty hard to win over too unless you have treats. (113 words)

Art
    extra:
    He and my boy Aquaman are the bestest of friends. Sense they both love adventures they always go out together even if only one of them is being ridden.
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladyskittels » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:21 am

username: Ladyskittels
    who are you applying for? Mockingbird
    show name: Mockingbird
    barn name: Scout (from the novel To Kill A Mockingbird)

username: Ladyskittels
    who are you applying for? MooMoo
    show name: Yankee's Whistle
    barn name: MooMoo
Ladyskittels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aray17 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:55 pm

now that it is the 15th, all non-owner tolter competitions are open to owners as well
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:00 am

username: SpartanAmethyst | who are you applying for? Scar

SATO Orbit of DiscoveryOppaMare

prompt response:
[ Saber's pov ]
I remember the first day she came to the ranch; she strongly resembled me, save for our coat colors. We bore similar markings, similar attitudes, and the same brand curved along both of our necks. She was from the Roundup, that taming event some seasons ago; but she still seemed quite wild. It made me curious. From my mate Wraith's side I stepped forward, ears perked all the way forward as she was slowly and calmly herded into the high-fenced corral. I could see Amethyst struggling to calm her down, just narrowly avoiding getting bitten in the process, and I whinnied softly. I was Amethyst's pride and success from the event, even though I was still more on the wild side, so I knew exactly how the newcomer felt. Castiel, her husband, nudged her softly and motioned to me standing eagerly at the gate. Her blue eyes lit up,and quickly she came to retrieve me. I needed no lead, no halter, and she hoped that by the end of everything, neither would our newest herd member.

From that first moment I was put into the corral with her, she instantly calmed.She saw my brand and knew we were the same. I learned that her name had been Scar, but Amethyst had changed it in the transfer; now she was called "Oppa", and she tried to deny it, but in her voice I felt like she liked the sound of the new name. It was unique. Once she settled and Amethyst knew I wasn't going to be hurt, we were left alone, and I set to really getting to know her. I learned about her wild days, her previous stable, everything that went both right and wrong in her life. She was strong, tough, but... an outcast, like me. We understood each other. By the morning sun, we were best friends, a term I don't use lightly, and she'd fallen asleep leaning into my side.

With my help, her taming took no time at all, compared to mine where Amethyst had to make every inch of progress completely on her own. She'd follow us on trail rides, watch me get brushed and tacked and comfortable before Amethyst ever tried it with her. She was my same age and experiencing this all for the first time; honestly, it was a bit magical, in a way, and I felt so proud that first day Amethyst tacked her fully and was able to swing into the saddle. The only downside to me helping? She developed my attitude. Oops.

Finally when Amethyst felt she was ready, she brought Oppa with me into the main Tolter pasture, Of course, Quill and Big Man were immediately on her, flirting and trying to show off to the new mare with the pretty red coat. It was absolutely hilarious, though, when she tried to warn them to back off and they ignored her body language. She charged and tried to take a chunk out of Big Man, who happened to be closer at that moment, and I've never seen those two turn tail and run so quick, clear to the other side of the pasture. I laughed for hours, and so did the rest of the herd. Slowly I encouraged her to go and meet everybody, while I went back to cuddle up to Wraith. By sunset, I noticed that she was standing talking very intently to Blight, and I smiled. He'd been lonely for awhile, the poor little edgeboi. They'd be perfect for each other, I knew.

[ word count : 590 ]

username: SpartanAmethyst | who are you applying for? Kafziel

SATO Saturn RisingKazielStallion

prompt response:
Kaziel is... a strange stallion. That might be the easiest way to put it.

As a person, he's very "dark"; dark sense of humor, tries to be optimistic but often fails, wants to make friends but lacks the bravery and outgoing nature to attract others into his light. He does try, though, but he so often spends the entire conversation putting himself down, making fun of himself, and calling himself boring that in the end he drives them away. He's always had self-conscious tendencies and trust issues, a childhood gift from his mother, and now as an adult he struggles with them even more. Funnily enough, the only time he actually doesn't struggle with them is in the competition arena, when he's performing dressage, running cross country, or out-leaping the warmbloods in show jumping. The rush of competition affords him the chance to hyper-focus in on what he's doing rather than worry about what each set of eyes is judging him for; or, what he thinks they're judging him for. Once you push aside that broken heart he wears on his sleeve, though, you'll find a horse that has so much love to give it seems as though he'll burst, he just doesn't know how to express himself or make his feelings known. When he isn't trying to flounder around social interactions, Kaziel can often be found either training- with or without a rider- or meditating quietly in a shady part of the paddock, away from the rest of the herd where it's quiet and calm. In recent days, Mysthas actually stepped forward and spent a lot of time with the new stallion, and though it's too early to tell, we think she might be showing affections for the dark appaloosa.

[ word count : 294 ]

username: SpartanAmethyst | who are you applying for? Walker

SATO MoonwalkWalkerStallion

prompt response:
There couldn't have been a more perfect day. It was warm, but a soft breeze held back the heat, the sun shone brightly, the forest was alive with life... The stallion took a deep breath, sighing contentedly. It was almost perfect... except for the squirming teen on his back. Walker swore the poor child was going to faint; every time he took a deep breath or moved even the tiniest bit the boy would begin to panic, so he focused on staying as still as possible while Amethyst tried to calm him. She'd begun these classes with her best school horses, taking people who had been thrown or who were just scared of horses in general and wanted to break their fears on small trail rides through the meadows and forests beneath Amethyst Ridge. Today, this boy's parents paid for a private ride; he'd apparently been thrown by a Thoroughbred a year ago, and five of his ribs had been shattered. Ever since then, he'd refused to get back up one a horse. Until now.

Half an hour later, Amethyst was leading him through the open meadows on her horse Pompeii, and they were calm, for the moment. Every so often the boy, Adam, would begin to panic, and without any command or direction Walker would simply come to a slow halt, allow Amethyst to talk to him and rest, then would follow obediently as soon as Adam was ready. An hour ride turned into nearly a four hour journey, but by the end of it, Adam had begun to come around and relax. Walker slowly desensitized the human (what a strange thing to say, he mused to himself) to all of the normal movements and motions of a calm horse, always helping Amethyst however he could. Everything down to his breathing pattern was carefully calculated, and he displayed nothing but a calm melancholy; it was why they called him "Walker", after all; because sometimes he was so carefully neutral that he appeared emotionless, like a zombie walker from the Walking Dead. It was originally a joke that just eventually stuck.

As the trail ride slowly came around the edge of the mountains, a rustling in the bushes caught my attention, and ahead of me Aeron skittered to the side, facing the noise. He was putting himself between the mystery predator and Amethyst, doing little half-rears and "growling". I followed suit, moving slowly to try and keep the increasingly panicked boy on my back calm, putting my head between the danger and my rider. It was a long two minutes of fight or flight instinct just waiting to be activated before suddenly a curious head popped up from the bushes; it was Amethyst's wolfdog, Alo, and immediately we all relaxed. Amethyst briefly scolded him, but he bounded off when he heard his older companion, a brindle pitador named Blade, barking in the distance, closer to the house. When she turned back, Adam was almost in tears from how badly he'd been scared, but Walker did nothing but stand calmly, swishing his tail calmly. Once Adam had the chance to compose himself, Amethyst took them out of the forest and into the meadows, heading for the trails between the pastures. It was time to head home anyways; she praised Walker and let Adam know that she was proud of him; now that he'd gotten another taste, he wouldn't stay away from horses for long.

[ word count : 573 ]

**extra/note: There will be a headshot coming for each tolt, but you may consider my forms completed if you're eager to judge!**
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aray17 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:07 am

Hey y'all! Congrats to buckskin for winning Finn! And congrats to spartanamethyst for winning Walker and Kafziel!
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aray17 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:49 am

Hey y'all! There are some tolters that are still available for rehoming c:
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:05 am

So question, I had an application in for Scar, why was she reclaimed?
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aray17 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:17 am

Because you won two tolters and could not win more than that. Sorry!
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me