Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Postby aaronstream » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 pm

I hate this update. I've lost value on most of my pets. Like 80% of my uncommon and higher pets are basically worthless now, they're common and below.
aaronstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon.enthusiast » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:23 pm

aaronstream wrote:I hate this update. I've lost value on most of my pets. Like 80% of my uncommon and higher pets are basically worthless now, they're common and below.

me too, but in the thousands. rippppp
pardon me i'm a little horse

carrddappervolkflight risingcompleted hoards
pigeon.enthusiast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HennesseyCamaro » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 am

arent we supposed to see the bar thou? or is it just to show. cause if its supposed to show i have never seen it ever player this game. but most of my uncommons have went common or something so i guess that helps even thou i dont have many to begin with
Only look for uncommons and above pretty much. I work to much so when I get on I fix trades or accept. All my omgsc-commons are always for trade for better pets.
HennesseyCamaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waxwing33 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:16 am

Yeah, I agree with you all. I also don’t like this update. I lost a bunch of uncommons.
My little fox baby!
I own two C$ stores. One is right here and the other one is right here
My current goal: Get a fish pet 🐟 in a trade.
You are a little hamster 🐹 that is stuck in its cage. To escape, join this RP: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4047045
Dragons of Volcania RP: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4044338
Please join this deer herd 🦌: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=4049895
If I had my own virtual pet site, I will make one where nobody ever gets warned or banned.
My elemental bird RP: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3990752&p=124340471#p124340471
Waxwing- Female- she/her pronouns- Peacock lover- Collecting dragons
New Warriors RP: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4057873&p=124590820#p124590820
Meowlet adopts: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4043423#
My How to Train your Dragon RP: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4052140&p=124499926#p124499926
My user-made adoptable topic: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4020537 🔥 :oops: 🔥
waxwing33

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 am

I posted this a long time ago on page 13 and I’m not really happy with how the image turned out but I figured maybe it’ll help:

If anyone wants to make a better illustration or text description, please do!

For everyone who is confused on what happened:
(THE PROPORTIONS ARE FAKE)
..... this is awful I know but I hope it helps?
(THE PROPORTIONS ARE FAKE)

(Super low quality because I did this when I was supposed to be working on a paper that was due one hour after I posted lol)

This doesn’t cover everything that happened because I don’t think I can use a 2D image to illustrate all the factors that went into the rarity changes. But I think this covers the main factor
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 am

@nickjr, i understand that pretty well, thanks for the picture! i guess i'm just confused on the staff pets that went from common to uncommon and the ones that went from uncommon to very common? but maybe that's an account activity thing?
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:40 am

@Beemo Yeah it's likely a combo of account activity and evening the rarity tiers. If you look at all past staff pets, you'll see that they gradually go from rare to very common through the years. Which makes sense since there's less older pets and a lot of older accounts that have those pets are probably inactive. In general all pets are slowly increasing in rarity over time so common to uncommon makes sense if it was the 2013 staff litter for example. As for uncommon to very common - a lot of recent uncommon pets were seemingly wrongly in that tier when they were actually much more common. In reference to that chart nickjr made, I feel like the uncommon probably took up a lot of space previously and extended more to the left than it should have, hence a lot of uncommon to common/very common pets.

Oh the 2016 staff litter is weirding me out though because 8 out of 30 are common but the others are very common and every other staff litter, every pet in the same litter has the same rarity haha. I'm assuming the common ones are just barely above the very common tier though (or the very commons are just barely below common tier)
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowySun » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:17 pm

I am slightly irritated with this update because I recently traded for a bunch of very rares which now, most are just rares so I actually lost 3 Vrs, and 20 rares gained about 5 rares.
ShadowySun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Momo89 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:10 am

I love the new update i now have pets that are rarer than they were before. Really grateful you did this guys thanks so much.
Momo89

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xanny » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:51 am

Awesome update! I just earned a couple of new rare horses!
𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓

Xanny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me