The Rarity Trade Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rarity Trade Guide // Rough Draft, Voice your Opin

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:27 am

Vickery wrote:I'm very interested in this. I'd love to contribute.

So my main question is - how do we know what's rarer - a pet that started as VR, then turned OMGSR in 2011, and never fell back; or a pet that started out as OMGSR later on, and never fell to VR?

It's just so confusing to me.

We can't tell :D
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby critic-burnt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 am

is this list going to include pets that are not currently on the rares list at all? or will it just be a different ranking of pets that are already considered to be rare?
critic-burnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 am

R e d p a n d a wrote:
IlluminatiConfirmed wrote:Putting up a poll for everyone who wants to vote on it definitely sounds like the best ! Definitely a refreshing way to go about this n.n

Also, for future note, I feel like keeping a track of the results of all polls ran for this list would be something nice

Agree! Someone could document all results in a screenshot on a google doc or something like that?
    I suggest google docs as you can make a link public and allow anyone to view at any time and keep the thread clean too.

I am more than willing to help out on documenting results.

Love the idea of a public Google Doc. It would ensure the thread stays tidy, while bystanders and active contributors can view the data and form their own opinions, without outside bias influecing them.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyouka » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 am

I like this idea, I support.
Pets with higher demand tend to result in more complexity when involved with trading, and with this list I think it can help players widely with trading. This idea interesting.

«───ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜʏ─────────

【 cori | she/her | intj | semi-active 】
your local part-time sloth, tea lover, & CEO of Doing
Absolutely Nothing™. I am sporadically active on CS
so feel free to ask for my discord if you need anything!

Signature: Ishtar | Avatar: Noblesse
. . .
[ hoyo ] [ mal ] [ pronouns ]
───────────ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ───»
Kyouka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:31 am

poll posted so users can decide our focus point of years first ^^
As per suggested, all poll results will be recorded.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:31 am

critic-burnt wrote:is this list going to include pets that are not currently on the rares list at all? or will it just be a different ranking of pets that are already considered to be rare?

I would make the assumption that pets that changed similar times to current list pets would also be added to the list. I know many players have expressed their desire to see more pets that DESERVE the spot on the list added and it is often questioned on the current list thread from what I have seen.
mini hiatus
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 am

R e d p a n d a wrote:
critic-burnt wrote:is this list going to include pets that are not currently on the rares list at all? or will it just be a different ranking of pets that are already considered to be rare?

I would make the assumption that pets that changed similar times to current list pets would also be added to the list. I know many players have expressed their desire to see more pets that DESERVE the spot on the list added and it is often questioned on the current list thread from what I have seen.

We can always vote on that as well but I do agree some pets require special attention
Like the May/July/August Lions (2012) which have been VR for a long time. Even if they are more in the recent years there is no denying they have rarity value.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:37 am

Sinbreaker wrote:
R e d p a n d a wrote:

We can always vote on that as well but I do agree some pets require special attention
Like the May/July/August Lions (2012) which have been VR for a long time. Even if they are more in the recent years there is no denying they have rarity value.

Or this VR rat that went VR the exact same time as the pink patchy september but was ignored.
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=128090&start=180#p5032232
How did this not even get a place on any list while the other became a mid-september.

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ art by the clockwork cat
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20 (lol help i'm missing recents)
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:40 am

Sorry to suddenly change the topic of discussion, but the new poll interests me. I was tempted to choose 2008 - Now, due to the annual release of URs, but decided to go with 2008-2013, since it was more than half a decade ago.

What are you guys choosing, and why? I’m very interested to hear everyones opinions.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 am

Sinbreaker wrote:
R e d p a n d a wrote:

I'd like to mention the VR green robo-rat from the 2016 summer event as well- Even if it is not added to any list it deserves at least some sort of note. It has been VR from the release of rarities for the event and is very hard to find. It is recent, like the other pets you mentioned, but it is incredibly hard to find.

Another pet to mention is the 2010 demon? rat? I am unsure about its rarity changes but it has been VR as long as I can remember. Would be worth checking the date it turned?
mini hiatus
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me