Based on Click to view
Artist Hawky<3 [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #0566

Postby Hawky<3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

(Applies to cats after #0010) If you do not make a thread for your clan and get to level 1 within a month, your cat will be rehomed

this founder was unclaimed within one month, so they are going up for re-adoption.
for this competition, describe the farthest journey they have ever taken. you can do this in 800 words max and you have an extra of 1 art piece or 200 more words.

Code: Select all
Username:
Clan:
Cat Name:

Prompt: (800 words max)
Extra: (+200 words OR +1 extra art)

this competition will end on january 26th, 12am EST.

Username:
    Cat Name:
    Clan:

Description: a short-haired orange classic tabby with copper eyes.

Other Features: a scar above the nose and a sliced ear.
    Siblings: none living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
    ----------------- SS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
    Father: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
    ----------------- SD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
    ----------------- DS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
    ----------------- DD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #0566

Postby Hawky<3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:14 am

this cat is now up for readoption.

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:29 am

Mark

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 am

nevermind
Last edited by SurgeFire on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
not active, SurgeFire elsewhere
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oceanfosh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:40 am

Username: Oceanfosh
Clan: Cats of the Whispering Wood
Cat Name: Emberflight

Prompt: (800 words max)
Emberflight’s kittypet name was Ember.

xxxxxEmber sat on the windowsill, staring out of the clear surface at the water. The waves lapped at the sand, leaving a darker pattern in it that faded away. He closed his eyes, imagining that he were outside: the cold water, the warm sand, the attention from all the twolegs, and the cool breeze. However, opening his eyes again, Ember knew that it wasn’t so pleasurable outside. The twoleg den was always colder than outside, the sand only making the warm temperatures worse. Still, he turned around and lept to the floor. Ember didn’t have anything to do, so he might as well go outside. He padded across the den, heading straight for the door-flap that he could push himself through. Strangely, none of his twolegs came and pet him along his way to the door. Not thinking much about it, Ember went outside. The stretch of sand beside the ocean was empty and silent, the only noise Ember could easily focus on was the waves, the natural noises of birds and plants, and his own paws. Looking around, he made his way towards the tide, sitting down and letting the water splash around his orange paws.
xxxxxThe next day was similar, and so was the next. Ember waited and waited, no twoleg coming into sight. He was hungry but refused to move. Eventually, he heard pawsteps and looked up. A red mink she-cat was approaching him, and he recognized the feline immediately. “Hello Ember!” The she-cat said, her voiced hinted with worry. “Hello Dawn, what brings you all the way to the ocean?” Ember responded, noticing the worry in her voice but not mentioning it. “Well...” Dawn said, looking around. “Have you seen any twolegs recently?” Ember looked around again as well. “No, I haven’t, actually. My twolegs disappeared and I haven’t had any food in a while either…” He got quieter when saying the last part of the sentence. “You know you have to eat! Let me go find something for you!” Dawn said before whipping around and running back towards where she came. Ember sighed. Dawn was an expert hunter, but she lived much farther inland than Ember. She was known for not only her skill as a hunter but her kindness towards every other cat.
xxxxxDawn had returned with a mouse, which she allowed Ember to eat. It was an amazing piece of prey, not only because it was the first thing he had eaten in days but because it was Dawn who caught it. There were a few moments of silence, both cats staring at the silent ocean.
“Ember?” Dawn suddenly asked.
“Yea? What is it?” Ember responded.
“Do you ever wonder what’s out there?”
There was a pause.
“Yea, sometimes. But what about you? There’s endless land once you begin to walk inland right?”
“Of course,” Dawn replied immediately, then paused. “What if we went and looked for the twolegs?”
“Wh-wha?” Ember stuttered, surprised. “You sure you want to go and look with a useless cat like me?”
“No cat is useless, there is something called learning!” Dawn replied. “Come on, let’s go find them!”

xxxxxThe journey began a day after that conversation. Ember padded to where Dawn used to live, the sun half cut off by the ocean. He felt a sort of loss, leaving the waves, but he forced himself to look forward to the journey. He met up with Dawn around her twoleg den before discussing where to go and starting to walk. The first, long days of walking were fun to Ember, and it appeared to be the same to Dawn. However, deep in an unknown forest after many days of walking, the she-cat started to get less and less lively. Ember had to hunt now with the knowledge Dawn had taught him, but it wasn’t long before it was clear that she was sick. Ember spent days searching for a cat to help, but to no avail. Ember eventually was forced to give up, and sat beside Dawn.
“Ember…?” Dawn’s voice was weak and fragile now, unlike when she had first talked to Ember the day before the journey.
“Yes? Do I need to go hunt?” Ember replied quickly.
“No… Ember, you need to leave.” Dawn continued.
“I can’t leave you here all alone!” Ember said, panic in his voice.
“I’m holding you back. Could you… Could you keep walking? Can you find the twolegs for me? If I’m only going to die here-“ Dawn said, but Ember cut her off.
“No, Dawn! What’s the point of me going on without you? We are traveling together!”
“If you leave, you can continue the journey. You know, I’ve heard about a world up in the stars. Maybe I’d go there and follow you, so you wouldn’t be alone…”
“Do you promise?” Ember asked.
“I promise. Go fly, Ember, fly. Rise into the sky and maybe someday we can truly see each other again…”
Ember couldn’t say anything anymore. After catching a mouse and leaving it for Dawn, he left, grief filling his heart every step that took him further from the dying cat he left behind.
xxxxxEmber continued to walk for days afterward. Only hunting when he truly needed to, he walked with his head down. Eventually, he came up to another twoleg den. Hope flared in his chest, and he approached it. Ember had then met the Cats of the Whispering wood and decided he would do his best to fly like Dawn had told him. He may be days away from his old home, the ocean, and days away from Dawn, but he looked at the sky. He had a new name now, Emberflight.
“Fly, Ember, fly,” Emberflight repeated Dawn’s words. “Okay,” He continued, forcing back the grief in his heart.

“I’ll fly.”

970 words out of 800+200 words
1 NPC cat used

Extra: (+200 words OR +1 extra art) Included above, went with +200 words
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Username: Kazin
Clan: Breezeclan
Cat Name: Briarthorn

Prompt: (799 words)

Maybe she was being compulsive when she left. Maybe it was truly the right thing to do. No one could really answer the question that Briarthorn had as she continued across a chilly field, a biting wind ruffling up her fur and causing her to shiver. She had no one to blame but herself. It wasn't anyone else's fault that she had to leave the clan. No, it was entirely her own. Just because she didn't want to deal with her rival anymore... perhaps it had been a rash decision, but the scars on her nose were enough to justify anything. No one should have to be that competitive that they casually forget to keep their claws sheathed during a warrior assessment.

And so, shortly after receiving her warrior name of Briarthorn, she left. Briarthorn wasn't even sure where she was going anymore, but she almost enjoyed the travelling. No other cats to take care of, no one to hunt for but herself, it was soothing for a cat like Briarthorn, who had never truly loved being in a large clan like she was. Travelling suited her more, she thought.

Her journey took her to all kinds of places, but the one she will always remember is where she encountered a band of rogues living in an abandoned... castle, is what they called it. They seemed to be making a weird sort of Clan there, and Briarthorn considered staying before ultimately moving on. The cats were a little too strange for her liking.

The day she found them, it was a warm Greenleaf morning. The temperature was just right for travel, especially in the cover of the shade of trees, which was where Briarthorn had found herself this morning. The area was completely new to Briarthorn, having come from a plains like Clan surrounded by fields, most of the cover she was used to was provided by bushes and thorns. Everything was so green here, so dense, that she was wondering if she had found an entirely different world. Lost in her thoughts, Briarthorn didn't notice another cat appearing out from behind a large oak tree.

"Hello," the other cat said, his voice strange, accented. "I'm surprised you managed to wander here. Who are you?" He continued, sitting down a few tail lengths away.

Briarthorn blinked once, surprised. "Er, I'm Briarthorn," she said gruffly, ears twitching.

"Briarthorn, what a strange name," the cat mused, tilting his head slightly. "Well, I suppose it's nice to meet you. Perhaps you would like to see our castle?" He got more animated as he kept talking. Briarthorn was sure she wouldn't like this cat. "I'm the king, and Cleo is our queen, and maybe you can be a knight! You look strong," he added, now truly bouncing as he turned. He didn't even bother to make sure Briarthorn was following, continuing to talk about a 'castle' being the 'king' and having a servant to do their duties for them. Slightly curious, she followed the cat.

He brought her to the strangest abandoned Twoleg den Briarthorn had ever seen. She was used to the small barn that lie abandoned on her clan's territory, but this was completely different. Older, for sure, and made out of stone rather than wood. It was truly magnificent to look at.

"Our castle," the cat said, finally turning around and puffing out his chest. "I, Caeser, am your king. And I am going to appoint you as a knight. You cannot refuse, for the king's word is law." Caeser's voice got deeper as he went, and his eyes had a faraway look. "Cleo's word is also law. And Dirt does our bidding," he continued, not even noticing Briarthorn's discomfort. He turned, beckoning for her to follow, which she did, though reluctantly this time.

"Dirt!" Caeser called, his voice echoing through the structure of the castle. "Show our new knight her quarters," he said as a cat appeared from a den entrance. The newcomer, a small dark brown tabby, flattened his ears against his head.

"I've told you, that's not my name, and this isn't your castle." He spat at Caeser, who pretended not to notice before walking away, calling out to Cleo. Dirt, or whoever he was, turned to Briarthorn, his expression still blazing. "Perhaps you should leave, and travel somewhere else before Caeser commands you to do his bidding. In fact, I was just leaving. He seems to think he owns this place, despite the fact that I've been here longer." He rolled his eyes. "We can leave together?" He offered, after Briarthorn said nothing.

Finally, a nod. And she followed another cat, calling himself Echo, away from the castle, enjoying the stories that he had of the cats he had met, none quite so crazy as Caeser.

Extra: (+200 words OR +1 extra art)
disclaimer: I have zero artistic talent, but wanted to kind of visualize what the castle entrance might look like.
extra art.
Last edited by Kazin on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:29 am

by synthesize.
↞―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――↠

cat info wrote:Cat Name: Pumpkinspiral
adopter info wrote:Username: .:basketcase:.
Clan: Woodclan
prompt wrote:This warrior's longest journey
starts back when his
name was still just Pumpkin.
His life started as kitten
born to a kitty-pet. From the get go he
was always the most active
of his siblings. Constantly
starting play fights and
'hunting' the fake mice the
two-legs gave them.
One day when he was suppose
to be given to his new two-leg family;
he slipped out of the small two-legs arms
that was holding him
and he just ran.
Straight into an open plain area
frantically looking for a place to hide.
As the bigger two-legs where chasing after him.
Spotting some kind of bushes he dived
into them. Walking thru the thick
bushes tell he made it into a forest.
He began to run again not
knowing if the two-legs where
still chasing him or not.
As night came it got
slightly chilly and he found an
den an animal made in some
bushes. Curling up in the space
falling fast asleep; as
he had grown wary from
all that running today.
What woke him up the next morning
was his belly rumbling.
Blinking his eyes awake
he got up and stretched his limbs.
Stepping out into the harsh daylight
he squinted. Sniffing around for
the scent of something
that could possibly be
edible. Trying to silently walk
around as to not scare
any potential food away.
As he stumbled around the small forest
he ran into a river. Almost falling into
the water. Looking in he realized he had
some dry blood on his muzzle.
Gently he washed it off noticing
he had a small cut on it.
must have gotten it while I
was running away; those bushes did
have some sharp twigs and things
in it.
he thought to himself.
Sighing he plopped down not knowing
what he should do. Soon enough
a splash in the water caught his eyes.
Slowly walking to the edge closest
to the sound. His eyes light up it was a fish!
Unsheathing his claws he squatted over
the edge slightly paw extended.
When the fish seemed to be close
enough he took a swing at it;
dipping his paw in to the river.
Sadly he didn't get the fish barely
grazing it with his claws.
Huffing in frustration he pick to
try tracking down some kind
of food again. He wandered like this
for roughly 4 moons. He'd resorted
to sleep under trees and eating
bugs. As he couldn't seem too
catch anything on his own.
Today was different though. He ran
right into an edge of a thunderpath.
It scared him as a monster went
past him on it. Looking across it
he noticed it was a plain. Though if
he really looked he noticed another forest
in the distance. maybe I'd have better
luck over there. But how would I
get over there? monsters seem to cross
this strange path...
he thought.
In the end he picked to just run
across it. Wanting so badly to find something.
Maybe other cats would be in that forest;
they could teach him their ways. So he
went for it ran across the path; after
a monster came by only moments
before. Making it to the other side unscathed
he huffed and collapsed on the ground.
Passing out as his body was weak.

Soon a patrol of cats came by. They noticed
that the cat was young and weak.
Not wanting to leave it there as it
clearly was alive and they didn't
want to leave it to die.
They carried it back to the camp the
med cat at the time. After examining
the young cat clearly either a kit or
an apprentice. They start making up
a remedy to give them back their strength
a little. Some burnet and chamomile where mixed
together; and then fed to the poor thing. Once
awake the med cat informed the leader. The leader
came to ask the small cat some questions. After
hearing their story the kindhearted leader; asked
if they would like to join their clan.
Of course they egerly accepted, well as
ergerly as a weak cat could.

The leader assumed he was about eight moons old. So
he became an apprentice right off the bat. Picking his
name was easy they just went with what his kitty-pet
name was. Making him Pumpkinpaw.

Now Pumpkinspiral, is a strong warrior of the clan. The
Leader that was there when he arrived had passed on. The
clan had fought a battle with some loners. He was involved getting
his left ear sliced in the process.

↞―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――↠
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyhouse bsktcase ✦ Discord bsktcase#0423
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her
i'm pansexual and demiromantic
full time sterile processing technician

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Username: Only_Sky
      Clan: Fogclan
      Cat Name: Firefang

Prompt: One new-leaf day, a patrol of Fogclan cats encountered a stranger. Unlike many of the loners that the cats of the clan came across, the black and white tom had been unaware of their presence here, and appeared very different to normal wild cats. The patrol took him to their leader, Ashstar, where he shared with her and the clan his story. Todd, as he was known, was a house cat that had gotten lost in a storm that had occurred a quarter moon before, and had been wandering the island in search for his home. He spoke of huge beasts made of material harder than stone, with huge paws that could crush a cat with ease. He spoke of towering structures that reached for the sky, and 'streets' filled with humans, bustling about in huge herds. This was almost unbelievable for the clan, as they had never known that the island hid so much from them, behind the rolling hills and the sky-scraping mountains, but they were very curious of this unknown land. The clan allowed Todd to stay with them for some time, giving him time to rebuild his strength.

When about a moon had passed, Todd decided that it was time that he returned to his home, despite making friends, the clan was not his home. Ashstar sent two warriors to accompany him on the way, Whitecloud and Firefang, to help him navigate the land and to give him protection from potential dangers. The three cats began their journey after a sad farewell to the clan, and made their way across the river, where they then entered unfamiliar territory. It took them a moon to navigate this new and unfamiliar part of the island, until they finally reached the city, as Todd had recalled to the clan. When they finally reached Todd's home, Firefang and Whitecloud were met with muggy and dirt filled air, huge buildings and countless monsters that roads down the paths twisting between the structures. The clan cats stayed with Todd for several days before finally heading off back to their own home, as heartbreaking as it was to leave their friend. Upon returning home, the two shared the stories of their adventure, of the strange city where cats some how managed to survive despite it's confused twists and turns and disorienting air. Firefang will never forget that adventure, and hopes to one day return to the land far away.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:06 pm

extended 24 hours from end date

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Username: Toomin
Clan: ElmClan
Cat Name: Tìrol-ram (Mountainsong; Rampaw, no kit name; Kittypet name: Dover)

Prompt PLUS Extra: [1000 words exactly, using wordcounter.net]
My name was Dover, and I was just three moons old when my twolegs set out on the Appalachian Trail. The day was crisp and bright, the sun low in the March sky at the tail end of leaf-bare right before the start of newleaf. There was nothing but excitement in the voices of my twolegs as they tucked me against their chest and set off up the mountain, their backs loaded with food and nesting material, long sturdy sticks gripped in each hand.

I've always wondered why I was taken along. Sedgestar, and the leader before her, have both suggested that they just didn't want to leave me behind, or maybe that they wanted a companion for the trip. But neither of those feels.... right. I suppose to some degree my actions before they left didn't help: playing in the bags the twolegs now had on their backs, tangling myself in their ropes and nesting material. Perhaps they thought I was as excited to go as they were.

The first night was the scariest. There were new sounds, new smells. We stayed in a cloth dome that the twolegs built. It was chilly, and I curled in one of their nesting bags against their chest for warmth.

As the days went by, we traveled further and further from home. Some days were wet and cold, and the nights even colder. Some days were hot, and the sun beat down mercilessly. Some days we had very little water, but the twolegs always gave me some before they had any themselves. Some days food was scarce, but I was fed first, without fail.

Some days I even ran alongside the twolegs, rather than being carried. I scrambled over roots and up rocks, over fallen trees and narrow bridges above fast streams. Some days, we walked along the top of mountains, and we could see to the edge of the world. I never realized just how small the big twoleg den I had lived in before the trail really was. And the truth is, I never wanted to go back. I loved it out here. I loved the trail and the changing weather and the violent storms that sometimes lit the sky with bright, but loud, streaks of light. I loved seeing the myriad plants and animals and all the new twolegs I met. Every other day, usually, we'd meet with a new twoleg or two and they'd pet me and give me bits of food, often spending a few minutes warning my twolegs of the condition of the trail ahead. I seemed to make the strange twolegs happy, and that, in turn, made me happy.

One morning, we woke up to find the harsh wind of the day before had dumped several mouse-lengths of soft-looking white powder. I touched it with my nose and to my utter shock, it was COLD, and very wet! The humans laughed as I wandered cautiously out of the shelter, and found myself sink into the powder up to my chest. It was awfully cold. I turned and ran back for the shelter, where a waiting twoleg dried my fur and wrapped me up in a warm piece of nesting material.

They packed up camp and wandered further down the trail, before stopping dead in their tracks. Dover tried to figure out what had stopped them when he smelled it: a sour, strong smell that terrified him all the way to the bone. A very large animal moved at the edge of his vision, and he turned to watch it, too scared to even mew. The bear, as he later learned it was, gave them a long, hard stare before ambling along down the cliff. Of all the animals they encountered on the trail, from the smelly cat to the coyote to the bear, it was this one that Dover would never forget and would always remain scared to come face to face with.

==--==--== ==--==--==

I estimate three moons had passed between the day we left for the trail and the fateful day I became separated from my twolegs when I wandered away from camp to do my business. I spent almost a moon searching for them, their scent becoming fainter and fainter as the days wore on. Eventually, I gave up, and spent another moon wandering the trail before turning in a random direction and walking. Once I reached the coast of a body of water that I certainly could not swim across, I headed south.

On my way, I saw all kinds of new large creatures, ones that didn't fill me with the profound fear of the bear: large, hooved creatures easily the size of a bear that moved slowly and ate grass; lighter, smaller versions of this animal; large slow birds that seemed to honk rather than chirp. Once I even saw a roaring metal beast that rumbled on two metal strips and was a hundred times the size of a bear! I fled for my life.

Eventually, I found Elmclan, at almost nine moons of age. They took me in, and my social nature made me an ideal cat for clan life. I became an apprentice and, by granted request from their higher powers, took a new name, meaning Mountain. When it came time for my ceremony to become a warrior, I was given a name meaning Mountainsong, a name the leader told me referred to my soul's brightness. I eventually rose to the rank of Deputy, happy to serve my new family however possible.

But, deep down, I've always wondered what would have happened if I'd found my twolegs again. Would I leave the clan? I suppose I might, though I'd never tell my clan that. I miss them. They cared for me in a way my clan does not. They fed my sense of adventure, something clan life does not have. Once you learn the territory, there's not much adventure in clan life. But, sometimes, that's just the price you must pay.

==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--==
This is loosely based off a worst fear of mine IRL, for those who have been following my plans off-site: loosing my service dog while hiking.

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me