Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby boston » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

i got my second leopard gecko today from a friend who had to move.

not sure of her morph but she’s a dull orange / yellow with no spots on her body. an orange base of tail. and spots only on her tail (b & w)
she’s an active gal and doesn’t seem nervous at all.

https://ibb.co/ZKcGdBT

link of her image ^
if anyone has an idea on her morph that would be great!

i also plan on changing out the coconut fiber out once she gets settled in.
be kind to others ♡
she/her
vet tech

ImageImageImage
boston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:43 pm

boston wrote:

not sure of her morph but she’s a dull orange / yellow with no spots on her body. an orange base of tail. and spots only on her tail (b & w)

link of her image ^

Wow, her and my Sobek could be twins! o: I believe the morph is super hypo tangerine.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 pm

boston wrote:

link of her image ^

think yours is a super hypo carrot tail baldy leopard gecko (super hypo - no spots on body, baldy - no spots on head, carrot tail - orange base of at least 15%)

here's an example

---

Zeblua wrote:Hello! I'm a first-time reptile owner. I have two crested geckos that I got as babies from a breeder. They are almost a year old now and they seem to be quite small still. They are separate and I provide them fresh CGD every day in the same spot. They eat a bit of that every other day. I've tried feeding them crickets to boost their growth but couldn't get them to eat any no matter what I did. Thoughts?

For pics, Insta: @nomanshee

zeblua

have you tried other insects such as mealworms, waxworms (those shouldn't be staple diets) or Dubia Roaches? try a variety and see how it goes ^^ how do you feed them? with tongs or just let them roam?

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Switching my BP from a tank to a tub tomorrow. Even with modifications, the humidity is zapped out and the temps aren't ideal. Hopefully it'll help.

I know some people think keeping snakes in tubs is wrong so just for the record, his tub actually has more ground space than his tank (3+ feet long, 1+ foot wide, 60 quarts. I don't think smaller is wrong but I couldn't bring myself to get him anything smaller than 41 quarts) It's kinda sad I won't be able to see him as much, but BPs hide all the time anyway.

Got some fresh (or rather "just expanded") eco earth drying in the oven right now :D
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boston » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 am

whoa thank you so much queenie! and velcrypt.
it’s so nice to know a little more about my gecko now c:
be kind to others ♡
she/her
vet tech

ImageImageImage
boston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeblua » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm

vencrypt wrote:
Zeblua wrote:Hello! I'm a first-time reptile owner. I have two crested geckos that I got as babies from a breeder. They are almost a year old now and they seem to be quite small still. They are separate and I provide them fresh CGD every day in the same spot. They eat a bit of that every other day. I've tried feeding them crickets to boost their growth but couldn't get them to eat any no matter what I did. Thoughts?

For pics, Insta: @nomanshee

zeblua

have you tried other insects such as mealworms, waxworms (those shouldn't be staple diets) or Dubia Roaches? try a variety and see how it goes ^^ how do you feed them? with tongs or just let them roam?

I have not tried anything else. When I tried the crickets, I let them roam as well as used tongs. If I wiggle my finger in front of the gecks, they attack quite enthusiastically. So I would love to try something else. Thank you
NFT wrote:Image

ZEBLUA

|Latest Gallery Submission|

|Latest Dress Up Submissions|

|Click this link to join Xanje!|
List Zeblua as your referrer,
pm me on either site for a gift!
Zeblua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Violently Violet wrote:Switching my BP from a tank to a tub tomorrow. Even with modifications, the humidity is zapped out and the temps aren't ideal. Hopefully it'll help.

I know some people think keeping snakes in tubs is wrong so just for the record, his tub actually has more ground space than his tank (3+ feet long, 1+ foot wide, 60 quarts. I don't think smaller is wrong but I couldn't bring myself to get him anything smaller than 41 quarts) It's kinda sad I won't be able to see him as much, but BPs hide all the time anyway.

Got some fresh (or rather "just expanded") eco earth drying in the oven right now :D

awesome !! tubs are amazing to keep in humidity and heat (: if the snake is thriving and has enough cover and hides, it's better (and cheaper) option to go the tub route, which is not wrong if you're doing it right !!

I know someone who keeps many venomous snakes and other lizards who need humidity in tubs and his tub enclosures are very fulfilling with enrichment. Tubs are not bad, it's people (mostly large scale breeders) who have bps in small tubs with only a water dish and no hides that make them look bad ):

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xx

Postby skyline » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:57 pm

my turtle zeus is about four and a half inches long now, unfortunately we still have him in a ten gallon tank, i really want to pick up a 40-50 gallon but goodness they're expensive. i feel so bad keeping him in that thing, does anyone know a good place to seek larger tanks and such for decent prices?

here's a little updated pic of him <3

nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: xx

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 pm

skyline wrote:
      my turtle zeus is about four and a half inches long now, unfortunately we still have him in a ten gallon tank, i really want to pick up a 40-50 gallon but goodness they're expensive. i feel so bad keeping him in that thing, does anyone know a good place to seek larger tanks and such for decent prices?

Petco (I believe) does $1-per-gallon sales a couple times a year, so if there's one of those sales going on sometime soon you could get one fairly cheaply that way. Aside from that, you could always check buy/sell/trade groups or reptile groups on FB, sometimes people sell tanks pretty cheap there. Or you could always check thrift shops and garage sales, I've found a couple of tanks for really good prices that way.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: xx

Postby blueh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:14 pm

skyline wrote:

cragslist, garage sales too!
like the person above me, petco/smart $1 per gallon sale & fb classified r great!!

my reptiles (aka my personal pets)
1.1 Uromastyx geyri, 3.1 Uromastyx ornata, 1.0 Uromastyx acanthinurus nigriventris, 2.0 piebald ball pythons, 1.0 puma ball python

i study lizards & bugs and like animals

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
blueh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me