Re: kalon 1506

Postby QueenNyra » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:37 am

username: QueenNyra
name: Orion
space fact: You can cry in space but your tears don’t fall

On-board the International Space Station, water floats like bubbles or spheres. However the water will cling to a surface until it is dislodged. This means that tears start to form bubbles around your eyes as the weightless environment is not causing your tears to fall. This sounds really cool but it can be dangerous. ESA astronaut Luca Parmitano suffered a space suit leak whilst on a spacewalk. The water leaked into his helmet covered his eyes and ears, but thankfully he made it back into the Space Station unharmed, but if not he could have drowned in space. <- credit of Information
Nyra | She/ Her | German & English | Artist
QueenNyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Potions-Master » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 am

username:potions-master
name:Aurora
space fact:the hottest planet in our solar system is 450·C,,
❝ The game is afoot. ❞

My philosophy is, worrying
makes you suffer twice.

adoptablescharacterskals

Potions-Master

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeyqlass » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 am

username: everybodyssenpai
name: Nike
space fact: “The idea has been proposed that the universe has a ‘self-destruct’ mechanism of sorts, and if activated, everything in existence would be completely and utterly annihilated without warning. It has turned out to be very real, and very frightening.
Here’s how it’s explained.
A primary principle of the Universe is stability. This describes how everything in the Universe is intrinsically drawn to its 'ground state' - the state where it is completely stable, and has as little energy as possible.
So if something in our Universe is unstable, it has a lot of energy, and wants to get rid of that energy to become stable.Quantum fields also follow the principles of energy levels and stability, because they want to be in the lowest energy level possible. But in this case, it’s not called the ground state, it’s called the vacuum state.
The current hypothesis is that every quantum field has reached its vacuum state - except maybe the Higgs Field, which is responsible for giving particles their mass.
Instead of being in its vacuum state, it’s been suggested that the Higgs Field is faking it - it appears to be in its vacuum state, but it’s not. It’s in a false vacuum.
if the Higgs Field is actually in a false vacuum, it means there’s a whole lot of potential energy waiting to be released, and a random spark could set everything off at any moment. And if the Higgs Field suddenly released all that potential energy, it would create a ball of death that expanded at the speed of light, obliterating everything in its path.
And the bad news doesn’t just stop there - this ball of death would turn the standard model of physics on its head, and destroy chemistry as we know it forever. That means life as it is right now could never rise up again once the ball of death has rolled through the Universe.”
- word credit to kurzgesagt and https://www.sciencealert.com/the-univer ... we-know-it
I wouldn’t know how to explain it in my own words because it’s complex but I found it pretty cool!!
honeyqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumilys » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 am

username: teaochii
name: finch ludwig
space fact: "wormholes may be linked to quantum physics" <-- i found this pretty interesting
Last edited by lumilys on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 am

username: kyar
name: eliyle
space fact:
most of the known universe is made up of plasma,
but we are able to survive on earth in part because it’s relatively plasma-free

plasma is fascinating and powerful,
but exposure can cause cell damage and radiation poisoning

still, plasma in the universe has the very real potential to effect us
increased solar activity caused by plasma eruptions has the very real potential to knock out our satellite navigation systems

though that’s still a small price to pay to live in a world safe from the dangerously charged particles that make up the plasma of the universe
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:08 am

username: Leafy.
name: Icarus
space fact: Sound doesn't travel in space, contrary to many popular movies and TV shows. Sound needs molecules "to vibrate through". On Earth, sound travels through vibrating molecules in the air, though in deep space, there is no sort of molecules to go through. In space shuttles and stations, sound can travel due to the oxygen and such pumped to allow astronauts to breath.

my fam also have theory that universes are "stacked". where ours is is flipped over and so on and so forth. i would also think that on our opposite, black holes wouldn't be holes but rather geysers. (i don't think it's a reverse of our universe tho) idk wanted to share
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:30 am

username: moondust405
name: andromeda rose
space fact: there are at least 100 billion galaxies out there, and we inhabit only one of over 40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the entire known universe!

((edited because of a typo! whoops))
Last edited by moondust405 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 am

username: mackstarr
name: Valencia
space fact:
Space smells!
Here are some ways the smell of space has been described by people who’ve been there:
“Seared steak.”
“Hot metal.”
“Welding fumes."
“Carries a distinct odor of ozone, a faint acrid smell.”
“Sulfurous.”
“Just imagine sweaty feet and stale body odor, mix that odor with nail polish remover and gasoline … then you get close!”
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerlily » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:43 am

Username: Flowerlily135
Name: Cassandra (from Cassiopeia ;0c)
Space Fact: Even though space is filled with stars and would be expected as such to be full of light, we know it is actually very dark and black in most directions you would look. This paradox is known as Olbers' Paradox!
Source
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
MAY EVERY SUNRISE HOLD MORE PROMISE,
AND EVERY SUNSET HOLD MORE PEACE.
icon by: @riuus ● left by: @dillykai ● right by: @prospitfox
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Flowerlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌌 kalon 1506 🌌

Postby guar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:02 am

username: ronin.
    name: inlustris (meaning: starlight) or lu-lu (pronounced: loo-loo) for short
    space fact: our home galaxy, the milky way, moves through space at a velocity of about five hundred and fifty-two kilometres per second (three hundred and forty-three miles per second), its central core contains a supermassive black hole which is commonly referred to as sagittarius a* and it contains the mass of about four point three million suns - there were two ways used to determine the mass of sagittarius a* and the milky way is growing too!!! expanding by merging with other galaxies, obtaining stars from a very small galaxy called the sagittarius dwarf spheroidal and gaining material from the magellanic clouds and is due to collide with the andromeda galaxy in about five billion years. we probably don't need to worry about that last part though haha
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me