Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mana Geared Hyena Adopts [WIP] by Hyensa

Based on Click to view
Artist Hyensa [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
88 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Mana Geared Hyena Adopts [WIP]

Postby Hyensa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:53 am

original lines by shalusky

mgh logo
art here
Announcements
fanclub | customs | transfers | nursery page/growths | artist search | nursery artist search
custom archives | archives | myo | tumblr | discord | suggestions

What are Mana Geared Hyenas?

Mana Geared Hyena's resemble our modern day spotted hyenas, with the unique ability to conjure up magic in specially crafted gears sealed with power. These powers have a wide range of ability, from more productive conjuring of natural elements (I.E, water, earth, air, healing, plant growth) to destructive, dark or devastating (I.E, fire, poison, necromancy, dark arts, etc). They are born bearing these ancient gears, and their mana seems to be based upon personality and life path. Hyenas who have removed their gears, or have had them forcibly removed due to misuse because they have caused great harm, are considered outcasts and normally shunned by gear bearing hyenas. Hyenas who have had their gears removed become considerably weaker over time and seem to live half as long as their gear bearing family.

They range from 2 – 3.5 ft tall, and their weight varies at 90 – 150 lbs. MGH's diet varies from fish to meat, and they have also been known to scavenge berries, fruits or vegetables when available. Mana Geared Hyenas are excellent hunters and fishers, especially in numbers, and can easily take down and consume large amounts of prey.

These hyenas are known for travelling and living in large family groups, and are very protective of their young and raise them in a family unit until they reach full maturity. MGH can reproduce with any combination of gender. Despite their strong family roots and bond, lone hyenas or lower pack numbers of 2-4 aren't uncommon.

They communicate with each other just like modern day hyenas, by their famous manic "laughing" and "giggles". Although the language is odd, it's very complex and allows for a huge range of communication with one another, and their voice can be heard from up to 8 miles away allowing for a tight line to call back and forth.

Traits & Raritys

Standard
    Hair edits above jawline
    Custom Gear Color & Mana color
    Claws, Teeth

Common
    Hair edits below jawline
    Backmanes, Longer Fur, Short Fur

Uncommon
    Custom tongue, Custom tail, Custom Pupils/Sclera, Custom Ears
    Colored blood, No fur

Rare
    One Halo
    PPS, Dwarfism
    Elemental growths (gems, plants, etc)
    Robotic features
    Missing limbs (Max 2), Extra limbs (Max 4)
    Missing eyes, Extra eyes (Max 6)
    Two Tails, Horns on head, Extra Ears, Natural Mutation
    Mana Mist can cover more surface area

Legendary
    Goop/Slime, No Gear, Multiple Halos, Multiple Heads (Max 3), Multiple Tails (Max 9), Multiple Limbs (Max 6)
    Wings, Form Changing, Horns on the Body, Body Length, Gene Splicing, Transparency, Eyes on body
    Gear/mist can be redesigned on other legs or as another device in itself (approval of design needed)
    Multiple Gears/Mana powers (max 4)
    Liquid Mana instead of Mist
    Fully Elemental (body mass made up of water, rock, sand, fire, poison, galaxy +)

Non-Traits
    Weight, Eye Color, Sclera Color, Scars, Tattoo, Robotics, Missing Limbs
Last edited by Hyensa on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:47 am, edited 26 times in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Special Events/Announcements

x
Last edited by Hyensa on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Guidelines

Rules

[ Mana Geared Hyenas are a CLOSED SPECIES. You may not make or have your own outside of MYO events, purchased/won/gifted custom slots or applying for any open adopts that may be available ]

[ Selling or purchasing of an already owned/created MGH for any currency is not allowed ]

[ You cannot use the MGH lines to make a profit -- selling designs you pre-make on the lines is not allowed. The only exception to this rule is if a user offers CS or offsite payment for art services such as growing a pup, designing your custom or creating your MYO. Other MGH or species items cannot be traded or used as payment with these transactions, only CS or offsite currency ]

[ Gifting or trading your hyenas for other hyenas is allowed ]
    [ Please note only items can be traded for items ]

[ MGH may be your OC or Fursona as long as you receive permission from the artist that made them ]

[ MGH may not be co-owned, only single owners are allowed for each hyena ]

[ Role-Playing your MGH is fine and encouraged ]

[ Please do not mini-mod. If you see an issue, message a staff member privately, this is why we have them ]

ANY HARASSMENT TOWARDS STAFF, MEMBERS, ARTISTS, GUEST ARTISTS, OWNERS OR OTHERWISE is not tolerated at all.
    Users seen harassing or being unruly to anyone in this community will be dealt with accordingly and may receive strikes or a complete ban from participating with MGH.

Players who are banned from participating with MGH will have any hyenas that they own revoked and readopted out by staff. Please do not participate with us if you have a problem with this rule, as it will not be changed. Players are only banned from the species for being incredibly unruly or toxic multiple times.

Breeding/Relationships

[ Mana Geared Hyenas may be any romantic/sexual orientation you'd like, and can breed with any other mana geared hyena no matter what their preference is as well. Your MGH may be in however many relationships they'd like, and they can breed with multiple MGH in one breeding as well as long as all other owners consent to their hyena being used ]

[ Relationships involving kits with adults, or Incestuous relationships, are strictly not allowed ]

[ MGH can breed a maximum of three times ]
    [ They are able to breed ONLY four with an extra breeding item which can be purchased and used only once per hyena ]

[ Breeding results in 2 pups per breeding ]

User Limits

[ You may own and enter for an unlimited number of MGH at this time ]

[ You must own your MGH for a month before being allowed to trade it ]

[ Trading is only allowed to be between two users to avoid any confusion or issues ]

Transfers, Customs, Growths

[ You may choose one magical ability to your hyena per one gear, unless an adopt already has an existing ability assigned to them by the artist ]

[ As of this time, MYO customs, transfers and growths must all be done on Oekaki ]

[ MYO customs, transfers and growths can be made by any user ]

[ All MYO customs, transfers and growths must be approved by a staff member before you're able to freely use your hyena. This is to make sure that everything is done accurately and within the species rules. To be approved you must link in your post the growth/transfer/MYO's original design ]

[ Re-growths are not available at this time ]

[ Revamping customs are not available at this time ]

[ Transferring your design outside of Mana Geared Hyenas requires permission from the species owner, but usually is not allowed and no exceptions will be approved unless it's a very special or specific circumstance ]

Re-Adoptions

[ Any user can host a re-adoption for their hyena ]

[ You must own your hyena for 2 weeks before being allowed to host a re-adoption for them ]

[ Any hyena can be put up for re-adoption, including MYO customs ]

[ Re-adoptions are only allowed to be held publicly on forums and on chickensmoothie. Offsite re-adoption competition, or competitions held via PM are not allowed ]

[ Re-adoptions can only run for one months time, and the competition has to be judged 3 weeks after the deadline. If the re-adopt is not judged or abandoned, a member of staff will take over to judge and close the re-adoption ]

[ Once you open and put a hyena up for re-adoption, you must pick a winner at the end of the competition. Re-adoptions cannot be closed down and you can't change your mind ]

Staff Guidelines

[ All rules apply to all staff ]

[ Artists may hold any competition that they would like (FCFS, raffles +) ]

[ You can place a Magical Ability to a hyena, or allow people to choose their own in the competitions ]

[ Please include edits you have done to the hyena in your post ]

[ MGH Staff cannot take payment for anything but Customs & Growths ]

[ Guest Artists receive one unlimited uncommon w/ 1 rare trait MYO ]

[ Artists receive one unlimited uncommon w/ 2 rare trait MYO per month ]

Strikes & Bans
Players who are banned from participating with MGH will have any hyenas that they own revoked and readopted out by staff.
Please do not participate with us if you have a problem with this rule, as it will not be changed.
Players are only banned from the species fairly, for being incredibly unruly or toxic multiple times.

----------------------------------------------------
Strikes (maximum of three)
-
-
-
Bans
-
-
-
Last edited by Hyensa on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:42 am, edited 22 times in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff List

Owner(s)

......Hyensa
    Artists

Guest Artists

"Special" Artists
    These artists have no obligation to the species and can pop in and out as they please anytime.
    NOT an obtainable position unless you're offered it by the species owner, so please do not ask.

..Oddly Shaded

Nursery Artists

Head Moderator

Moderators

General Helpers

Archivist

Applications:

Last edited by Hyensa on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby Hyensa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:54 am

Affiliates
Last edited by Hyensa on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps & Advertising

Stamps & Advertising
Last edited by Hyensa on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserving space
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserving space
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:55 am

reserving space
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Announcement Archives

Postby Hyensa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:55 am

Last edited by Hyensa on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me